Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-14-2019, 12:38 PM   #1
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
If you sold, what did you buy?

Hi all,
Within the last week, I sold my s13 that I had owned for 3 years and built from a frame to the attached photo:

I’m not new to having cars come and go, in those three years 11 schassis’s have passed through my possession as well as many z32’s, z33’s, z34’s, a MKIV Supra, an NSX, S2000’s, and much more. I haven’t been particularly effected by the sale of any car except this black coupe.

I was wondering, for those of you who have sold your car that you love, why’d you do it and what’d you do after?

For me, I was at a dead end with the car, and felt the money is more important for me to finish some responsibilities. However, at this point I’m ready to either start another project or purchase another car and I dont know where I want to go with that decision. So what’d you all buy?
nisileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2019, 01:21 PM   #2
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
RX7 FD or Mazda Cosmo 3 Rotor. Thats it...
Old 07-14-2019, 01:36 PM   #3
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
RX7 FD or Mazda Cosmo 3 Rotor. Thats it...

One of my strong considerations
Old 07-14-2019, 04:34 PM   #4
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
K24/k20 FD with a Ford 8.8 and a proper gearbox. Under 2800lbs, timeless styling, great interior and reliability

Done
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 11:07 AM   #5
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
I've bought and sold tons of cars, but I've never parted with my own personal builds. Not so much because the right offer hasn't come along, but because as long as I'm able to keep them stored indoors (and afford to do so), they'll stay with me for my kids to enjoy when they're old enough.

A dream car/build would be a Singer Porsche 911.

I'm always attracted to car builds with that extra attention to detail.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 12:09 PM   #6
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
still have my s14 although it's sat in storage for years. It's too much of a money pit and to be honest while I enjoyed it, I never loved the car. The exterior paint quality is pretty much trashed and it would also entail more money to clear that up. Not getting another 240sx.

I'm very happy with my beater civic hybrid daily and '14 evo gsr.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 02:56 PM   #7
meteorite_flo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
meteorite_flo is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I think I sold my 240sx 6-7 years ago? I sold it because I had big bills to pay during the time. After that, I was driving a Prius for 3 years, after the lease was up I picked up a 2007 Lexus LS460L Executive Package. Vip Style now.
meteorite_flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 12:00 PM   #8
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Sold my last 240 bout 3 years ago. got into a lease for dirt cheap in an RC350. just recently picked up an ISF.

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 08:40 AM   #9
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
have had multiple s13s, FC, SW20, AW11, CRX, Civic coupes, gst, firebird, corolla, focus...all left something to be desired...i had fallen in love with a wrx in 2004, bought an STi off the showroom floor in 2010, found frame damage and returned it, then got myself an 2009 hatch about 2 years ago and been making it the funnest daily driver to date! would love to drive a Porsche Carrera, Lamborghini, and some of the other hypercars
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 11:19 AM   #10
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi03 View Post
have had multiple s13s, FC, SW20, AW11, CRX, Civic coupes, gst, firebird, corolla, focus...all left something to be desired...i had fallen in love with a wrx in 2004, bought an STi off the showroom floor in 2010, found frame damage and returned it, then got myself an 2009 hatch about 2 years ago and been making it the funnest daily driver to date! would love to drive a Porsche Carrera, Lamborghini, and some of the other hypercars

I had a really good condition 2005 WRX but it wasn’t my cup of tea. Funny you had an SW20, because that’s what I purchased.

It’s a 1991 MR2 Turbo, with 65k original miles. And I’m completely in love with this car.
Old 08-05-2019, 11:29 AM   #11
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
next car I get will be a rx8
they're dirt cheap right now, very solid chassis, and the first order of business will to be dump that renesis in the trash and start work on a sr20 swap

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 01:43 PM   #12
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Fuck that. K swap that shit. I can get parts from auto zone, junkyard engines are 4-600 and a stock unopened engine will make 400-450 who reliably
Old 08-05-2019, 02:00 PM   #13
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
Fuck that. K swap that shit. I can get parts from auto zone, junkyard engines are 4-600 and a stock unopened engine will make 400-450 who reliably
but then what would I do with all the extra SR parts I've been hoarding???

k swap is def a good option tho, and with all the stuff TF is coming out with, more and more reasonable all the time.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 02:07 PM   #14
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

........probably the same thing I would do with my VET.....

Make a table out of it
Old 08-12-2019, 07:37 AM   #15
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

jedi03 is on a distinguished road
had 2 rx8s, they are awesome, rev to the moon like none other lol! k swap would be decent and thought about sr swapping my sti but stupid transmission holds the engine to high lol
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 09:11 AM   #16
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

d9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really nice
Didn’t sell my s13, but recently sold my skyline. Wanted to get into something cheap for a while and use some funds from the sale to finish the s13 quicker. Ended up in an e46 330i zhp, which in every aspect is a better daily. 6spd, comfortable, quick, quiet, practical, Harmon kardon sound system, etc....

God do I miss my damn skyline every second I get into the zhp.
d9m13n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 12:52 PM   #17
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I recently picked up a 2015 STI and it definitely has me pondering if I should sell my 240sx.

My original goal with my s13 was to make it "somewhat" comparable to a stock Evo, or STI in performance/ drivability and It currently needs more HP, bigger brakes and tires to get there. Just not sure if it's worth it anymore after driving my STI around for a month...
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 09:19 AM   #18
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanSayWhat View Post
I recently picked up a 2015 STI and it definitely has me pondering if I should sell my 240sx.

My original goal with my s13....Just not sure if it's worth it anymore after driving my STI around for a month...

You will have your answer further down the road, when it’s time to fix something on your sti.

Before someone accuses me of “h8iNg!”

I have a Subaru and a 240, I have worked with newer cars (my product line involved provided parts for vehicles from 2004-2019 when I worked in the automotive parts industry), and I have performed maintenance procedures on these vehicles for friends vehicles.

If I did sell my toys and had to buy something, I’d probably pick up a 06-07 Accord as a daily and build a kit car of some sort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 09:28 AM   #19
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Kept one 240 but parted out the other to buy a BRZ to build a competitive autocross car.

Also bought a miata.

Also bought an sw20 mr2.

They're all sort of a pain in the ass. I should liquidate a couple to buy something cooler but I like having a fleet of early 90s japanese hot garbage.
e1_griego is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 09:57 AM   #20
nick_d_240sx
Leaky Injector

nick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymore
Got a '90 Eagle talon turbo, blew the transaxle trying to burn out, stupid kid, traded back to seller for an '87 FC RX-7 Turbo, coolant seals let go at 112k, tore it down and stored it, bought a '90 Red 240sx, rear quarter got hit, totalled out and bought back, sold for $1k, used insurance money to rebuild the 13bt, got a '86 lifted toyota 22re IFS for $2.8k, finished the RX-7 and started modding it, hybrid turbo, injectors, IC, RTEK Ecu, Had a kid, Sold the RX-7 for $3.3k, moved into new house, Sold the pickup for $2.9k, Came across an SR20DET in a wrecked chassis for $500, 2 weeks later found a Nice '90 240sx shell for $1500, and here I am dumping money into this shitbox.

Probably keep upgrading the 240 until I'm happy with it and just drive the piss out of it. Might sell/trade in my other cars, '04 G35X and '02 2500HD 6.0L Silverado, for new 1/2-3/4 ton diesel truck.
Old 08-21-2019, 11:50 AM   #21
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
You will have your answer further down the road, when it’s time to fix something on your sti.
Extremely valid point, but that's why I'm still undecided. lol

Is it worth it to spend 15-20k on my 240, or have that money saved for a built EJ if something goes wrong in the STI, after the extended warranty is up?

I do like that Touge Factory is working on a bolt-in K-Swap for are cars, though... I think I'm just going to wait and see how that ends up working out.
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 09:59 PM   #22
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Sold my 3rd and last S14 5 yrs ago for stupid money that I'd never get offered again, got a 2008 Corvette Z06. Sold that and got a 2010 Cadillac CTSV now once I had a kid.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 11:26 AM   #23
WIKID S4TEEN
Zilvia Addict

WIKID S4TEEN is making a name for him/her selfWIKID S4TEEN is making a name for him/her self
I'll never sell my 240. Even tho my wife begged me to, which is now my EX. LOL.
So GLAD I didn't listen to her!
Old 09-05-2019, 12:13 PM   #24
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

After a while of driving the MR2 in the rain, it’s just not practical as a daily. I went ahead and picked up a 91 pickup, grandma owned.

Old 10-05-2019, 12:55 PM   #25
1988montecarloss
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
after i sold my s13 i got my first car (1988 monte carlo ss) running and driving again with a cheap LS1 swap, pocketed the rest of the money and have just been cruising that around since

its been nice having a reliable and not super ridiculous car that im not stressing out about all the time

might buy another s13 early next year though lol
Old 10-26-2019, 01:26 AM   #26
juliatom543

juliatom543 is an unknown quantity at this point
Maybe BMW.
juliatom543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 10:00 AM   #27
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
R32 gtr would be my first choice....but dont feel like going thru another build
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 12:40 AM   #28
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
hmm sold my S13 about eight years ago now, Have owned two E36 BMW M3’s since sold the track beast one. Kept the Super rare one, planning on selling it soon for stupid money, Yes ifs sought after,
Int the interim bought a 2012 Ford Focus daily put 40k on it and sold it last spring. Bought a brand new FiST ( Fiesta ST) in 18 . Its my turbocharged daily go kart and weekend canyon track machine.
Not sure what comes after the BMW , a Z? a GTR? Only time well tell.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 01:51 AM   #29
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I think you should get another FiST or two. Used ones are not too bad. I bet in 10 years they will go up in value. I may get one when I pay off my current car loan.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 05:08 PM   #30
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
I think you should get another FiST or two. Used ones are not too bad. I bet in 10 years they will go up in value. I may get one when I pay off my current car loan.
You can get some real bargains on them. Fully set up ones for stock used prices. Mainly because a lot of newer car buyers are flavor of the week types or very ADHD and switch cars every 2-3 years.
Getting another one used has crossed my mind. lol
I also do have a history of owning multiples of models lol. Kind of a habit I learned back in the day of 510’s and 240z’s

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote