Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 04-24-2018, 05:51 PM   #121
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
I mean the guys that raid for Treasure Hunts. I think you're talking about asking if they have some in the back which is totally cool. A lot of IG dudes talk about how they ask to open boxes and then they take out all the Treasure Hunts so they can flip them. I've only ever found one at a CVS in a shitty spot because of this.
I LITERALLY only own two TH that I got at damn Dollar General because of this shit

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2018, 07:49 PM   #122
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
I LITERALLY only own two TH that I got at damn Dollar General because of this shit
Yeah it kind of turned me off to it. Japanese people don't really do it but for some reason it seems like their entire selection is the 'made-up' cars and never really 'real-life' cars. I have better luck checking the NEX when I stop by for a quick errand. Got a couple of Datsuns and a small card 180SX.

eBay is good if you're okay with paying $2.00 for something you really want.

I'll post some pictures of the Premium Tomicas if y'all are interested. Lightyears better than the regular ones...but they're like $7.00.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:59 AM   #123
Benfica7
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Benfica7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
I mean the guys that raid for Treasure Hunts. I think you're talking about asking if they have some in the back which is totally cool. A lot of IG dudes talk about how they ask to open boxes and then they take out all the Treasure Hunts so they can flip them. I've only ever found one at a CVS in a shitty spot because of this.
People who hoard them and ask to get to boxes even before they are put on the pegs suck!

TH's are usually the fantasy castings and I recently hit a walk-mart dump bin with 4-5 of the same case and all of the regular TH's of the Rrrrrroadster I left in a pile. They aren't worth what people think. The Super TH's are the one's at least to keep.
Benfica7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 11:00 AM   #124
Benfica7
Leaky Injector

The only Tomica LV Premium I have is the Nissan Atlas Hauler and it is a sweet piece! Looks so cool with a JH2 car on the back.
Old 04-27-2018, 09:47 PM   #125
Felipe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcfl View Post
I've had this one around for a while, not sure where it even came from:

If anyone wants it, make me an offer, my red S13 hatch is gone and this one should go too. The hood, hatch and doors open.
I had the same one years ago... In black... Now its all fucked up because of my kids lol
Late Night Crew #1
Felipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 01:52 PM   #126
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Quote:
I have the one from the pic above
I DON'T have that particular Z though
I may have one spare

Quote:

How do y'all feel about the dudes going to stores and asking to open up boxes? Seems pretty lame to me. I've resorted to eBay.
I hate it. I work, i have maybe Fri after work or Sat after work to find anything. and its bare central by then by people who wait at doors right when they open to take everything.

its unfair advantage to those who collect for nastolgia sake. i collect mainly jdm cars, porsches and some exotics. anything american I collected for my pops and now im getting rid of cuz he doesnt care about em.

i typically collect 2 to keep. one kept in its package. one to open. my goal is to get my own place and line a wall, simple.

if i end up with more its because fam know my obsession and they will get me something that may interest me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benfica7 View Post
The day Japan Historics 2 was released, I went to Target and there were none on the pegs. I asked the kid working the toy department to scan the bar code on my phone for Car Culture, there was 1 in stock and came back from the back room with an unopened box of JH2. I bought the 2 sets in the box. Nothing wrong with asking for some assistance instead of opening stuff without permission.
this i have no issue with, your buying the whole box, handle and enjoy. its when they nit pit specific ones, mainly TH for value and cause issues with the store when they trash shit.

Quote:
I have yet to find a set of Cargo Carriers yet. I would only be interested in the Skyline Wagon anyway...
all ive seen are gulf trucks because theres 3 to the pack. im looking for one complete set as well

Quote:
personal view, I think its garbage. especially when they own a business is to re trade and mark up these things up. Just be and adult and get em like a business should, stop screwing collecters that collect to collect. unfortunately its like this with any hobby dealing with collections.

it sucks now especially since they are bringing JP cars mainstream and frankly thats all i collect...

even still I dont take everything when I do see it, I dont see the point.

It sucks when you are limited on time is all.

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 04:28 PM   #127
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Yeah, one of my friends used to work at Wal Mart and said people show up SOON as the store opens on Thursdays and ask to go through the box. Said one manager would generally turn them down but one was passive as fuck and let them, and that created a monster.
The manager who was against it had heard of how it goes; letting some neckbeard fuckstick raid a case of hotwheels to MAYBE make one purchase is not worth it. It sucks to other collectors who have lives and won't see them until they're on eBay for $50.

I picked up the Looney Tunes miniset in a KMart in the outer banks a month ago and the Avengers mini set last weekend.
I may go searching this week/end to see what I can find. My mom called me and needed me when I was on my way out to do so this afternoon.

And I write too!
Old 05-07-2018, 11:55 AM   #128
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Trades- MAY https://imgur.com/a/0KZSPoa

Current trades ^

Non trades https://imgur.com/a/3hdf4C8

My current collection, no trades, but gives you an idea of what I like and need.

Last edited by DALAZ_68; 05-08-2018 at 11:03 PM..
Old 05-08-2018, 03:23 AM   #129
Felipe
Post Whore!

Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
Links not working for me
Late Night Crew #1
Old 05-08-2018, 11:03 PM   #130
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
Links not working for me
Fixed...sorry about that.

Old 05-11-2018, 08:15 AM   #131
Felipe
Post Whore!

Nice collection
Late Night Crew #1
Old 05-19-2018, 10:03 PM   #132
andisan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
andisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 12 reviews

Here are my 7 out of a big collection I have stored away, I’ll bring it out and take a picture and post it

I keep coming across them when I go to the stores

Let’s see when I will stop buying them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-21-2018, 10:03 AM   #133
Felipe
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andisan View Post

I keep coming across them when I go to the stores

Let’s see when I will stop buying them
Never! especially with kids lol
Late Night Crew #1
Old 05-25-2018, 11:25 AM   #134
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Recently started collecting with my young boy. Fry's is selling these for $1 a piece, so ofcourse I went overboard. I'm pretty much keeping all the Japanese and really cool Euro cars to myself.

Old 10-27-2018, 03:14 AM   #135
rat240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (87)
rat240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 87 reviews
Has anyone seen the new Hot Wheels Silvia spec r
Old 10-28-2018, 07:49 AM   #136
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by rat240 View Post
Has anyone seen the new Hot Wheels Silvia spec r
I have not, but as soon as I do I am snapping up as many as I can

And I write too!
Old 10-28-2018, 08:26 AM   #137
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

If ANYONE sees this one in Target let me know and we can work out some trades or something.

And I write too!
Old 11-05-2018, 07:14 PM   #138
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I have one. I haven't found another yet. I have that entire series.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 05:26 AM   #139
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
I have one. I haven't found another yet. I have that entire series.
Target seems to fuck this up more than anywhere else. Not one in the county will have all 10.
I can usually cobble a set together in one or two Wal Marts, but Target is hell bent on making me overpay second hand prices.

And I write too!
Old 11-08-2018, 09:31 AM   #140
Benfica7
Leaky Injector

Toys R Us going out of business as really affected my ability to find what I want. Target and Wal Mart are not replenishing stock like they used to.

Still looking for the Forza S15 and Bmw 2002, have not seen any of the 2nd wave of 50th Favorites, have not seen Circuit Legends except for the Porsche (which I took) and the Dragstrip Demons are going to be hitting now and I know I won't see any of them.
Old 11-12-2018, 06:27 AM   #141
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Toys R Us going out of business as really affected my ability to find what I want. Target and Wal Mart are not replenishing stock like they used to.

Still looking for the Forza S15 and Bmw 2002, have not seen any of the 2nd wave of 50th Favorites, have not seen Circuit Legends except for the Porsche (which I took) and the Dragstrip Demons are going to be hitting now and I know I won't see any of them.
NY experience has always been opposite. TRU always had unwanted crap and charged more for it.
I just noticed there is a Target near my stepdaughter's college at the FAR end of my county, I might got on a field trip this afternoon.
I am of the opinion that they waited on SEMA weekend before last to push the last wave. I was in Vegas this past weekend and have not been out today to test my theory, but I HAVE to go out to Wal Mart and Target today because we cleaned out the fridge before leaving.

And I write too!
Old 11-12-2018, 08:57 PM   #142
Calver
BANNED

Calver is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Time to look at online stores for those toys.
Calver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 10:36 AM   #143
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calver View Post
The markup online makes it not as worth it as it is even to spend a Saturday afternoon chasing them down in stores, not to mention the possibility of damaged packaging. Hell, the thrill of getting out and putting your hands on shit makes that even more fun to me.
With Hot Wheels and Funko, I tend only to buy from individuals I know well if not making an in-person purchase.

And I write too!
Old 11-14-2018, 07:10 PM   #144
Calver
BANNED

Calver is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
The markup online makes it not as worth it as it is even to spend a Saturday afternoon chasing them down in stores, not to mention the possibility of damaged packaging. Hell, the thrill of getting out and putting your hands on shit makes that even more fun to me.
With Hot Wheels and Funko, I tend only to buy from individuals I know well if not making an in-person purchase.
Yeah, that is the downside about the damaged item from either packaging or shipment. The same scenario on RC toys ordered online.
Calver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 07:13 PM   #145
95_S14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (108)
95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 108 reviews
Picked up the new 2019 r32 gtr today
Old 11-24-2018, 11:45 AM   #146
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95_S14 View Post
Picked up the new 2019 r32 gtr today
Which one? Theres 2.

Old 11-26-2018, 10:20 AM   #147
Benfica7
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calver View Post
I am not prepared to pay the secondary market prices just yet. Also, I like the thrill of finding stuff in store. It's part of the reason I collect.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:37 AM   #148
izzy-
Zilvia Member

izzy- is an unknown quantity at this point
A couple years ago I was working live load and had a customer going through hotwheels product that wasn't allowed to be on the floor yet. I collect them myself but just what I find cool. I didn't realize there was such a resale market for them. The guy seemed to know what he was looking for which made it more odd at the time.
Another time a person working for a different department brought out hotweels for a collector to go through. A shopping cart size amount. Like one of you mentioned, he only ended up buying maybe too. Wasted that workers time lol.

Midwest guys look at meijer for fresh hotwheels stock. Walmart and Target never restocks (at least for me). Meijer seems to restock ever two weeks.

Theres a store called Hyvee and ive seen crazy hotwheel displays. Like hundreds of cars on these huge displays.
izzy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 10:47 AM   #149
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I am not prepared to pay the secondary market prices just yet. Also, I like the thrill of finding stuff in store. It's part of the reason I collect.
Digging through bins and finally finding the one you want is what makes it fun.
Old 11-27-2018, 07:54 AM   #150
Benfica7
Leaky Injector

Agreed! I just saw the 2nd wave of 50th Favorites yesterday and snagged a Ford Galaxie in the Gulf livery. No gassers were left