Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Archive and FAQs

Archive and FAQs Archives and Frequently Asked Questions about the 240SX are in here.

Old 04-24-2007, 08:17 PM   #1
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Custom exhaustedness

I am presenting this as a VERY high-level overview, in response to PM/IM/frequent posts requesting components...
The starting point, for the application, would be the resonator, should feel so inclined to use one. I did, and the one I did was ordered from Summit Racing, part number WLK-24222, find it on their site here:
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
... yes, it is 3" in and out, and is streamlined enough to not be huge and fuckin cumbersome in the system...

Next comes the rear muffler and, in such, will be required creativity, not to mention the application of subjectivity. Go with what you like, personally I was looking for a 3" in and twin 2.5" outs, I went with this guy here, part number WLK-17674:
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...0&autoview=sku

(by my math, at this point, I have spent $89.83 in mufflers, no tax and shipping is free)

All of my components to this place have been DynoMaxx, and that is what I personally suggest, based upon my own personal experience. I call into question a post I made back in April of last year about the whole presentation:
Quote:
... I asked to have it sit far enough in to appear stockish:

3" piping from (and including a new) cat back please ignore that my old muffler did a number on my bumper:

nice coating of 1200 degree hi-temp black before I took it to the shop, but welding kinda scuffed that a little:

a pic to allow one to see it on the car from distance:

snapped a couple while still on the lift:

guy that did it, whose head you can see in the left corner here, went behind himself and went over the welds with hi-temp silver, apparently he cares what his work looks like:

I guesstimate the lowest point in the system to be about 4-5" inches off of the ground, but I have short arms and can't reach that far to measure:

... yes, my system is crush-bent.
... yes, I could have gone somewhere else and paid for mandrel bending, but wouldn't that have been a bit spendy?
I am BEYOND pleased with the sound, and it is an application that can be EASILY duplicated/taken as inspiration and used for something different. Your own choice of the rear muffler/piping length will fall purely into the hands of your own opinion, but I WILL toss up a couple ideas:
1 - be wary of longer-length mufflers, given the amount of space you're provided to work with and location of youg fuel tank, especially if you own an S13:
(Magnaflow, Summit P/N MPE-12198)
(Borla, Summit P/N BOR-40943)

... remember that some of the items one may find as "prohibitive" in these cases will be the cost, at some point it will become more worth it to just BUY an exhaust. Feel free to shop about the internets and make an informed consumer decision before throwing money away, and look at the tips that your local shop has right there, they may have something that you like for dirt cheap. Me? I found my own at vato zone a block away while I walked to get the cash from the ATM while he welded mine.
The beauty of the application is the infinite possibilities, and God knows I hope that my presentation proves helpful for information's purpose.

And I write too!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2007, 09:25 AM   #2
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Trader Rating: (0)
ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wow PHLIP! Where did you ever get the idea for such a cool custom exhaust?
Old 04-25-2007, 09:34 AM   #3
'90RPS13
BANNED

'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to '90RPS13
haha, sarcasm.

Looks good man. Sounds like a dream too.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:10 PM   #4
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
Wow PHLIP! Where did you ever get the idea for such a cool custom exhaust?
Brainstormed it with this Jarhead I know, we ordered our parts about the same time, but he got his done about 2-3 weeks before I did.
... I hate that guy

And I write too!
Old 07-27-2007, 04:05 PM   #5
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
i used a cheap summit on my KA car too, like 25 bucks, nice and throaty but a little raspy when i run the test pipe. Good power over all + the engine actually revs out to red line which most KA's dont seem to want to breath into, i think a lot poeple dont know how to turn a ditributor right with their hand either however.

Cool stuff, we have clone coupes only min is blue and black, yours is white and alloy. same 14 alloy horrid offset wheels
Old 08-23-2007, 11:07 AM   #6
ewuzh
Zilvia Member

ewuzh is a glorious beacon of lightewuzh is a glorious beacon of lightewuzh is a glorious beacon of lightewuzh is a glorious beacon of lightewuzh is a glorious beacon of lightewuzh is a glorious beacon of lightewuzh is a glorious beacon of lightewuzh is a glorious beacon of lightewuzh is a glorious beacon of lightewuzh is a glorious beacon of lightewuzh is a glorious beacon of light
I want a 3"-in and dual 3"-out, but the smallest magnaflow muffler has an 18" body. Think it'll fit?
Old 10-02-2007, 01:20 AM   #7
Neejay
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
hmm...would the gains from mandrel vs crush be minimal?
Old 10-02-2007, 09:58 AM   #8
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Here's mine.

My stock exhaust had a major leak on it from scraping so much, so I was forced into submission to take this.

It's crush bent, but I like how it came out. Very minor bends and looks very sleek underneath.

And here's my ride height:

So, if you're lowered and don't want to risk putting decent sized dents on that $600 exhaust of yours, custom is the way to go.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.