Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-03-2012, 08:52 PM   #3061
Bumpkin203
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
Bumpkin203 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
This thread needs to be locked since it is no longer a build thread about a 240sx.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigs View Post
^or is it because the car has a sunroof?
LMAO had me crackin up for like 30 minutes.
Bumpkin203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2012, 08:53 PM   #3062
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
And when Damon has another child his priorities will change to an STi wagon or maybe a Nissan Stagea 260RS (when they exceed the 25yr importing law).
Old 12-03-2012, 09:00 PM   #3063
hobbs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (43)
hobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Glad you finally found one! As much as I like evo's I'm really happy to have sold mine. I have some parts that did not sell with mine so if you're looking for anything let me know.

Looks like you need a set of these
hobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:46 AM   #3064
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
Time management/life lessons etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
CLEARCORNERS.COM etc etc
You guys are right- I owe everyone here on the internet an explanation for my actions. Here is the real reason I parted ways with my car:

To be truthful, the light output was so atrocious on my mid-90s Nissan sports car that I couldn't live with myself anymore, knowing that my actions were making night time driving unsafe for myself and others on the road. That is why I made the decision to part ways with the car and purchase a car with the proper factory lighting output, cutoff, projectors, and USDM-friendly beam pattern.

I didn't want to get sell my 240 and purchase an Evo, but it is what had to be done for the good of humanity and CLEARCORNERS.COM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
This thread needs to be locked since it is no longer a build thread about a 240sx.
It may seem irrelevant at the moment Steven, but I assure you that when my overnight parts arrive from Japan, this thread will be more than relevant to Zilvia. Please see a mock up of my plans for the Evo below:

I hope that now that you know this, you'll find it in your heart to allow me to stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
Damon, any plans to go VII or IX front bumper?
Hope to go IX front eventually, but I guess we'll see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backintoans13 View Post
Not gonna lie...the blitz logo on the intercooler is pretty ricer, but like you said, guess that's an Evo thing.
As was apparent from my 240, I have always been a ricer. This was just par for the course, and another result of my post-child, mid-life crisis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
Very nice Damon! I love that model of Evo. Looks clean and simple.
Thank you sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Hey Damon, I hope you continue to update us here...

If not, then I guess I'll have to hit up EVOM
Thanks man- there is a thread over on EVOM going now. I'll keep this updated when I can, as long as the mods don't object. Happy to stop if they have a problem with it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leung View Post
Lookin good man! Atleast now you got some holiday spirit to spice up these typical driveway shots lol.
I do what I can! lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs View Post
Glad you finally found one! As much as I like evo's I'm really happy to have sold mine. I have some parts that did not sell with mine so if you're looking for anything let me know.

I'm happy you were able to sell yours! It really sounded like a beautiful car. It was just a little more car than I needed at the time, haha. I'll shoot you a PM!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:42 AM   #3065
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
It may seem irrelevant at the moment Steven, but I assure you that when my overnight parts arrive from Japan, this thread will be more than relevant to Zilvia. Please see a mock up of my plans for the Evo below:

[img]

I hope that now that you know this, you'll find it in your heart to allow me to stay.
Haha S15 front end jokes never get old. And I have no problem with you still being here sharing your Evo build with us, but at this point, I think a new thread is required.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:52 AM   #3066
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
We have FD build threads. I don't think a evo build thread on here would matter
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:14 AM   #3067
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Everyone is already subscribed to this thread. A new one would be silly.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:24 AM   #3068
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
you guys may feel that this thread is not valid anymore, and that it doesnt belong in zilvia because its about some fucking Mitsushitty.... but i can personally guarantee you all that this is just a temporary hiatus.

you see, damon will be purchasing a 240sx again in about 10 years.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:28 AM   #3069
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
They will be like s30s by then
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:13 AM   #3070
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
those depo lights were so dope - they looked so jay-dee-emm, damon
Old 12-05-2012, 12:16 PM   #3071
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Quote:
you see, damon will be purchasing a 240sx again in about 10 years.
I can not confirm or deny this statement, lol.

Quote:
those depo lights were so dope - they looked so jay-dee-emm, damon
Sorry to let you down, man. I actually just purchased the fine JAY-DEE-EMM lights that Hobbs posted previously in this thread, so I will be sure to contact you when the dope has (hopefully) been restored.

I got my parts from my ol' pal Russell at MitsubishiParts.net last night- congrats to that dude on the birth of his third son last week!

Heater hoses (I believe one of mine is leaking)
Steering column cover (to remove the gauges currently located there)
Center trim bezel (to have my gauges molded into)
Radio cubby relocation
HVAC Labels for center trim bezel
MR shifter trim panel (Mine was painted black when I got the car and it bothered me)
JDM MR badge for shifter trim (ricer)
MR shift boot (backordered until next week)

The interior should be back to factory condition after I install these items. I'm just waiting on my ash tray, and then I will more or less have everything I need. I held onto some items from my 240 to use in the Evo: Defi Advance CR gauges, Takata harness, and a Broadway mirror. The mirror probably seems kind of lame, but I have had it in every car I have ever owned, so I'm just used to the view with it now. I won't use the harness unless I install an aftermarket seat at some point.

I'm really excited about having my good friend Tony Boardfeld mold the gauges for me. A quick mock up of my setup before shipping them off:

And a better shot of the ARC panel that I still haven't installed, lol.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 12-05-2012, 07:14 PM   #3072
Drift_This
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
Drift_This is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Very nice Damon. Keep up the good work
Drift_This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:24 PM   #3073
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
...and as we all know, it will just keep getting better!

Evo's are sick, I always wanted to get the VIII MR ever since it came out! too bad I'm a broke ass. Can't wait to see what wheels will be slapped on this tuner.
killer240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #3074
drscooper
Zilvia Addict

drscooper is an unknown quantity at this point
very nice man
drscooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:06 PM   #3075
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
...just delete that heater already

towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:37 AM   #3076
MeSs
Zilvia Junkie

MeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura about
Do you have wallpaper size pics of the S13?:-)
Old 12-06-2012, 09:14 AM   #3077
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
This car is just going to end up being as riced out as the last one. Well, except for the custom gauge setup of course... that Troy Bradford does some pretty good work. Or at least that's what my buddy with a gull-wing door Civic told me.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds

Last edited by Broadfield; 12-06-2012 at 10:22 AM..
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:08 AM   #3078
ixfxi
Post Whore!

whos tory broadford????

and whered you get an evo from?
Old 12-06-2012, 10:16 AM   #3079
Driftpretty
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Driftpretty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
this jawns wired up like i aint ever seen before...the dis box..da engine management system..
Driftpretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:35 PM   #3080
Drift_This
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
Drift_This is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
whos tory broadford????

and whered you get an evo from?
Didn't you know that's his Fast and Furious Street Racer name.
Drift_This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:09 PM   #3081
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
So did you box up left over parts from your S13 (defi's and Takata's) for dramatic effect or did you actually sell your old stuff and then buy the exact same stuff new?
Old 12-06-2012, 08:23 PM   #3082
Te37
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Te37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Rofl rofl rofl rofl
Old 12-06-2012, 09:32 PM   #3083
CleanAndLegit
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
CleanAndLegit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by holemilk00 View Post
So did you box up left over parts from your S13 (defi's and Takata's) for dramatic effect or did you actually sell your old stuff and then buy the exact same stuff new?
haha, don't you do that too? I thought all the cool guys did that? that's the only reason I keep all my boxes. Shit
CleanAndLegit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:53 AM   #3084
Elvin Wes
BANNED

Elvin Wes is an unknown quantity at this point

damn
Elvin Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:39 AM   #3085
Darren
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Darren is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Leave Britney... i mean Damon... alone!! *sob* *sob*

haha, but seriously, Evo's looking good. Glad you're not listening to any of the nonsense... do what you want man, it's your $ and your life...
Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:53 AM   #3086
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSs View Post
Do you have wallpaper size pics of the S13?:-)
Check out my Flikr, there should be some large versions available there: flikr.com/camryonbronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
This car is just going to end up being as riced out as the last one. Well, except for the custom gauge setup of course... that Troy Bradford does some pretty good work. Or at least that's what my buddy with a gull-wing door Civic told me.
That's who I heard it from too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by holemilk00 View Post
I actually thought about leaving my gauges and harness in a filthy, tangled pile in the corner of my garage where they would constantly be kicked/stepped on/etc. But I decided that putting them back in the boxes and storing them neatly within my home would be the smarter solution.

Removed rear emblem. Next objective: take care of that pesky exhaust...

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 12-07-2012, 11:58 AM   #3087
killer240
Post Whore!

take care of those tail lights..
Old 12-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #3088
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Sorry to let you down, man. I actually just purchased the fine JAY-DEE-EMM lights that Hobbs posted previously in this thread, so I will be sure to contact you when the dope has (hopefully) been restored.
+

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs View Post

=

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer240 View Post
take care of those tail lights..

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 12-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #3089
killer240
Post Whore!

ooooohhh sheeeeeeet

that might be too much RED though
Old 12-07-2012, 12:31 PM   #3090
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer240 View Post
ooooohhh sheeeeeeet

that might be too much RED though
"Too much RED" isn't in Damon's vocabulary. And the wolrd is a better place for it.

kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote