Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-09-2012, 11:24 AM   #1
silvia1991
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
silvia1991 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Wierd Idle!

So basicly i have an idle problem. In the mornings the car will war up and stuff and then idle normal, but then after a while it will start idling at like 1500-2100. I used to have an overheating issue but that problems fixed now. Im most positive i dont have a vacuum leak. Another thing i noticed was when im driving and the let the clutch out, the idle will drop as i slow down. Not normal? Car was converted from auto to 5 speed by previous owner. Could it be the ECU?
BTW car is an 89 ka24e Basicly all stock.
silvia1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2012, 12:20 PM   #2
AMPZ

Trader Rating: (0)
AMPZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
4th idle problem thread I've seen in 2mins. You don't have to make a thread everytime you have a question. For that there is the "search" feature on this wonderful site.
AMPZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:48 PM   #3
jman123123

jman123123 is an unknown quantity at this point
It's funny how you say that, but I have been all over this site NicoClub, 240sxFourms and several others. None of the above have listed an explanation for this problem. Most responses say "Vac Leak" check for Vac Leak Vac Leak Vac Leak . If I find out why mine is doing its idle problem I will let you know. I think that it's the MAF because I have been all through my engine bay in the past month with a new engine and other random things (IACV, TPS, AAC, Coolant Temp Sensor, and Checked all Injectors for resistance and spray pattern ) and when I dropped my new KA in I made sure to replace all hoses that were brittle or cracked. Thus I think that my MAF is the last thing other than pcv, and I really don't think that the pcv would be making my idle do this crap. Like I said if I find out that it is the MAF I will let you know. BTW your ecu is probably the reason that your idle drops too slowly. When I swapped my ECU it changed that problem.
jman123123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:14 PM   #4
turboboxer6spd

turboboxer6spd is an unknown quantity at this point
I do not know if you fixed your problem yet but do you have a clutch switch wired up?
turboboxer6spd is offline   Reply With Quote