Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-27-2020, 09:32 AM   #13501
OaxKouki
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
OaxKouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Anyone build their ideal bronco yet? I think I came it at $49k for everything I want, or $37k for what I can live with.
https://shop.ford.com/configure/bron...-bb-bp-bronco=
OaxKouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2020, 04:40 PM   #13502
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Nissan took the Z Proto to Magnus Walker's place. So the Z Proto is officially stateside now.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 06:45 PM   #13503
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OaxKouki View Post
Anyone build their ideal bronco yet? I think I came it at $49k for everything I want, or $37k for what I can live with.
Go big or go home, lol.
AWESOME WHEELS
cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 07:22 PM   #13504
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OaxKouki View Post
I dig the new Bronco. I wish it had a solid front axle, but even saying that I think I'd still choose one over a Jeep JL.

It's crazy how popular new and vintage 4x4's are becoming these day's... I own a 1978 Ford F150 Custom 4x4 LWB and those are selling for $25K-$30K+ completely restored.
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 09:17 AM   #13505
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanSayWhat View Post
It's crazy how popular new and vintage 4x4's are becoming these day's... I own a 1978 Ford F150 Custom 4x4 LWB and those are selling for $25K-$30K+ completely restored.
You can't even touch an unrestored, rusty FSJ Cherokee that runs & drives for under 6 these days out here. Same goes for OG Gladiators/J-Series, and Wagoneers; earlier the better. I've been eyeing a manual 79' Chief WT roller but they absolutely will not come off their asking.

Late 60's models are definitely where the money is right now. Starting to see a lot of strong sales for 70's but there are some good deals to be had still. Majority of them out there are survivors because they just never fucking died.
Old 10-29-2020, 09:34 AM   #13506
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNV-7pP_2cU
Old 10-29-2020, 10:32 AM   #13507
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
https://youtu.be/KNV-7pP_2cU
Not bad, but I'm mostly distracted by the S30 in the background (more info plz?).
Old 10-29-2020, 04:45 PM   #13508
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
Not bad, but I'm mostly distracted by the S30 in the background (more info plz?).
Chris Forsberg's 280Z?

That car has a lot of media on it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-vtlvmJB8U

http://www.speedhunters.com/2017/01/...g-datsun-280z/

https://jalopnik.com/what-its-like-t...ile-1794634407
Old 11-04-2020, 12:30 PM   #13509
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yay news!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-04-2020, 12:40 PM   #13510
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Anyone else get porshe vibes from that head light?
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 01:56 PM   #13511
cured13
Zilvia Addict

cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
https://motorsport.tv/embed/rzY0tiY9...easer?autoplay
Old 11-04-2020, 02:03 PM   #13512
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Really hoping for 255hp and 2,8XXlbs...
Old 11-04-2020, 03:07 PM   #13513
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
I'm happy they aren't losing the front wheel humps. I know they're entirely cosmetic but they give me that pop up headlights feeling while driving.
Old 11-04-2020, 03:39 PM   #13514
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Anyone else get porshe vibes from that head light?

100%. First thing I thought of when I saw it on Autblog. I thought it was a new Caymen.

Old 11-04-2020, 03:40 PM   #13515
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
As long as torque is bumped up to be in-line with the hp figure, it'll be a huge improvement power-wise.

Sidebar question: From a dynamics standpoint, was it all just factory suspension tuning that made the BRZ more grippy and GT86 more tail-happy or is it more than that?
Old 11-04-2020, 03:45 PM   #13516
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Correct. The chassis are identical.
Old 11-18-2020, 07:48 AM   #13517
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/11/18/...-brz-revealed/

Still NA, but up 23hp and 28ft lbs. weight stays pretty much the same. I don?t think it?s an overall beautiful design but I don?t think it?s polarizing by any stretch.

Old 11-18-2020, 07:58 AM   #13518
LEG1T
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
LEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Take my money, that shit looks bomb!! Future fun grail right there.
Old 11-18-2020, 08:18 AM   #13519
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
That makes it 228hp with 184ft-lb of torque.

On paper that makes it SEEM like it'll be more fun. Gotta see that torque curve!

Everything looks fine except IMO the front vents got a little too much going on. With that said, I'm curious now about what the subtle differences will be between this version and Toyota's.
Old 11-18-2020, 10:25 AM   #13520
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I'm curious to see differences between this and the prior model in handling. disappointed there's no turbo. was hoping there would be more changes, but then again well this is Subaru.

maybe not such a bad idea to jump on a '20 model if there's good discounts.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 10:45 AM   #13521
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

I think the design is a step backwards but the power increase is good. It's probably all in tuning out the torque dip.

The real question is whether or not it's got forged rods and stiffer valve springs. The current bolt on turbo kits could be hitting near 400hp of tuners weren't worried about bending rods.
Old 11-18-2020, 11:48 AM   #13522
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Anyone getting civic (couple gens back) vibes from the rear?

I don't mind it. Nice front end. Is this a prototype model or final version?

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 12:19 PM   #13523
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Quote:
"Front lateral bending rigidity has been increased by 60 percent for the 2022 model to improve turn-in and response."
This is pretty big for only gaining less than 20lbs. Subaru increased the 2015 WRX STI torsional rigidity by 40% and the bending rigidity by 30%, so it's good to see them keeping up with that for new cars.

Also, is it 100% confirmed that there will be no turbo option? Didn't we already know they were going to have an NA model as well? It will be an absolute shame if this NA 2.4L doesn't at least have the same strength internals as the current FA24F...

As for the exterior... Front bumper side vents aren't the greatest, but it does look better in blue. They almost look like teardrops... Hopefully it isn't a sign that the cars are crying, because they didn't come with a turbo option. lol
Old 11-18-2020, 02:34 PM   #13524
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Not a s-chassis drift tax killer I was hoping for but for those that already gave up on hunting and importing 30 year old JDM car this might be the best option.
Old 11-18-2020, 02:44 PM   #13525
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

My current gen BRZ is a better option than importing some clapped out R32 or S15 unless you're independently wealthy and just want what you want. A beefier engine and stiffer chassis makes it a no brainer.
Old 11-18-2020, 02:49 PM   #13526
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
My current gen BRZ is a better option than importing some clapped out R32 or S15 unless you're independently wealthy and just want what you want. A beefier engine and stiffer chassis makes it a no brainer.
No kidding eh, and what engine you swapped in that cramped/overweight chassis?
Old 11-18-2020, 02:52 PM   #13527
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

I've got seven years of full bumper to bumper warranty on this car. I ain't swapping a fucking thing. lol
Old 11-18-2020, 02:58 PM   #13528
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
I've got seven years of full bumper to bumper warranty on this car. I ain't swapping a fucking thing. lol
If "bumper to bumper" is all that makes you happy then you have a lot of options there. lol
Old 11-18-2020, 03:02 PM   #13529
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
My brz weighs maybe 50-75lb more than my s13. I'm not sure that it's hugely overweight, though it's not even close to ND miata light.

New car isn't my favorite, but if I have to buy the new one for competitive autocross nonsense that I enjoy, it's looking like the shocks and diff will swap.

13.5:1 compression will probably make boost even more difficult than the 12.5:1 FA20. And it's still running the D4-S port + DI injection system which I'm actually a bit surprised about. Figured they would go full DI.
e1_griego is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 03:13 PM   #13530
cured13
Zilvia Addict

I was hoping there will be no compromise and this time they will give it better engine that they already have. That's all.

I think they make a mistake by not going TURBO which will make me jump on it and forget about s-chassis and swaps for good.

Last edited by cured13; 11-18-2020 at 03:57 PM..