Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 12-06-2006, 02:33 PM   #1
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The Future Automotive Thread

Looks like GM is planning a Solstice Coupe (I'm sure the Sky would not be far behind. Sign me up for that one). So we may not see a Nissan competitor for a few years later, but this might be a nice alternative for those of us looking for a new, RWD, "lightweight" coupe, in the $25k range. GM has also admitted to the faults on the Sostice and Sky's interior and will be addressing that next year. This is good news if you ask me. If this comes out and Mazda's Kabura comes out and they do well, Nissan will have no choice but to follow the leader.

http://news.windingroad.com/auto-new...table-hardtop/
Old 12-06-2006, 03:20 PM   #2
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
Gimme the Kabura. Looks hot.
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:16 AM   #3
azndummie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (14)
azndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
nasty pontiacs, i think they could really improve on the solstice but rhys millen's seemed to have come out nicely
Old 12-08-2006, 12:40 AM   #4
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
so american cars have the right IDEA of RWD coupes...

and japanese...well...kinda lagging...
SimpleSexy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:54 AM   #5
Kn1ves
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
Kn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kn1ves
Quote:
Originally Posted by downshift180
so american cars have the right IDEA of RWD coupes...

and japanese...well...kinda lagging...
cant we do something about it? im sure if we get together and get nissan's attention (how many users in this forum do we have again?) we can force them to introduce a new S chassis vehicle. or something or other. The Z car people got their wish... lets get ours revived..
Old 12-08-2006, 01:00 AM   #6
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kn1ves
cant we do something about it? im sure if we get together and get nissan's attention (how many users in this forum do we have again?) we can force them to introduce a new S chassis vehicle. or something or other. The Z car people got their wish... lets get ours revived..
Yeah, I read about how the Z was revived by a petition. That would be great if we could get multiple communities backing it.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:35 AM   #7
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

Yuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfection
There's been online petitions to revive the 240 ever since the S15 came out.
Nothing has happened.

I'm just going to get a Kabura when I get my Evo paid off.
Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:45 AM   #8
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Next purchase is a Murano for the wife. Then hopefully the year after they come out with a Sky Coupe Redline or even the rumored Mini-Vette based off the same platform. With my dad's discount I can justify the purchase. I can't wait. Gm announced that they will have 5 concepts at NAIAS this year, so I'm hoping one of them with be one of those cars...did that make sense????
Old 12-08-2006, 11:16 AM   #9
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kn1ves

yeah send them a huge list of signatures of people that would love to see a RWD coupe... but just don't mention how broke all of us are.
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 11:47 AM   #10
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
yes, an internet car forum for the owners of used decade old cars is going to motivate a major car company

if u want nissan to build a RWD entry level coupe, buy lots of Kaburas and Soltice coupes

money talks, especially when its going to the competition
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:18 PM   #11
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero
yes, an internet car forum for the owners of used decade old cars is going to motivate a major car company

if u want nissan to build a RWD entry level coupe, buy lots of Kaburas and Soltice coupes

money talks, especially when its going to the competition
Your right about that. You can quote me on this. The Kabura will come out (is it next year Yuri?), the Solsctice and Sky coupes will come out and they WILL all do well. A year and a half later Nissan will give us a new coupe. Follow the leader.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:34 PM   #12
WILDACEX187
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
WILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WILDACEX187
wats wong with us owners of decade old cars? nissan is proud of their heritage and im sure it would be a step in the right direction. look at wat they did with all those old z's. they restored them to brand new condition. and i hear nissan has a secret museum thats under lock and key. i wonder wat goodies they have in there. anyway yea i think it would be a step in the right direction since we all cant buy solstice and kaburas then buy the new nissan rwd coupe. thats just my opinion though
Old 12-09-2006, 06:26 PM   #13
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
bring back a revised datsun 510 ... with 2.5 turbo engine..... gotta love the throw backs....
Old 12-09-2006, 07:38 PM   #14
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDACEX187
wats wong with us owners of decade old cars? nissan is proud of their heritage and im sure it would be a step in the right direction. look at wat they did with all those old z's. they restored them to brand new condition. and i hear nissan has a secret museum thats under lock and key. i wonder wat goodies they have in there. anyway yea i think it would be a step in the right direction since we all cant buy solstice and kaburas then buy the new nissan rwd coupe. thats just my opinion though
When has nissan america shown that they are proud of their heritage?

the one cool thing they did was remake the Z. Nissan doesn't care about heritage, they want to make money.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:43 PM   #15
Kn1ves
Zilvia FREAK!

Kn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfection
im so close to just making an actual website and making this official just so theres a centralized place to bitch
Old 12-10-2006, 02:55 AM   #16
Ricks15
Nissanaholic!

Ricks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud of
That would be awesome if Nissan were to make a crazy light, RWD, turbocharged affordable pocket rocket. S16?
Old 12-11-2006, 01:56 AM   #17
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Havent we all talked about this everytime somebody brings up the resurrection of the S-chassis. S-chassis is dead. The chances of nissan bringing back a cheap and light rwd car is going to be slim to none. The 2 door altima would be the newst reason to why itll never. If they build another car like it, itll simply take away from the 350Z sales. Its just not cost effective to build another car that will compete with your own product.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 02:35 AM   #18
Kn1ves
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx
Its just not cost effective to build another car that will compete with your own product.
ya like how toyota has the yaris, the xA, the xB and even the corolla.

i mean cmon, is it really that hard to imagine nissan making a 250sx to compliment the 350z using some parts from the z and the g35. its not like they dont have the parts already in place.

EDIT::: ANYONE ELSE CATCH THIS?

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=117849
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmunds.com/insideline
He said the Versa will get "a large selection of Nismo parts" and said the upcoming Detroit auto show will feature a redone Infiniti QX56 and a new "concept product" for Nissan.

Last edited by Kn1ves; 12-11-2006 at 03:59 AM..
Kn1ves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 07:38 AM   #19
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx
The chances of nissan bringing back a cheap and light rwd car is going to be slim to none.
A year ago this statement was true. With the slew of new RWD coupes coming to market from GM and Mazda in next 2-3 years, it is very probable.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:22 AM   #20
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
^exactly.

I really think mazda is going to be the push that is needed.
SimpleSexy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:30 AM   #21
CA18_S13
Zilvia Member

CA18_S13 is a well-known jackass
Well see even if they revive the s chasis they would still have to do toyota guys for a rwd coupe and hatch back like a revamped corolla ae86
CA18_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:46 AM   #22
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
my interests have turned to late model euro cars and potentially mr2 spyder.. since not many cool rwd affordible cars on the market right now except used 350zs and rx8s.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:00 AM   #23
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by downshift180
^exactly.

I really think mazda is going to be the push that is needed.
I'm almost looking forward to the GM models more then the Mazda. I've owned new GM cars in the past and they've been crap, but a Sky coupe is just masterbatable enough I could almost live with it not being as dependable as a Toyota. Also imagine a Kappa based Vette look-a-like, but with a powerful V6. It's being talked about.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:43 AM   #24
jobestudios
Zilvia Junkie

jobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the rough
Its been said before and I'll say it again. Japanese companies follow the us's sucesses and make them better.
jobestudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:53 AM   #25
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
Maybe Ford will release a RWD coupe on the Mazda platform once it happens. I can see the Kabura lining up in my life. If the Miata was a hatchback I can see it easily being the perfect enthusiast car
Old 12-11-2006, 11:55 AM   #26
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by wootwoot
Maybe Ford will release a RWD coupe on the Mazda platform once it happens. I can see the Kabura lining up in my life. If the Miata was a hatchback I can see it easily being the perfect enthusiast car
A new Probe perhaps? Even though the old one was FWD, it always looked like it shoulda been RWD. You might be onto something there.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:58 AM   #27
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
The Probe was made to replace the Mustang (teehehehe). Ford thought RWD was going to be dead and FWD was the future. Well the same way GM has Saturn/Pontiac maybe Ford/Mazda will have a duo of automobiles. They will definitely be using the direct injected Miata motor will possibly the bigger 2.3 bottom end from the Mazda3 since the heads bolt up however you want. This also leaves us with a turbo option! Has anyone heard a definite go on the Kabura anytime recently or any news at all?
Old 12-11-2006, 12:28 PM   #28
wootwoot
Post Whore!

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/01/08/d...abura-concept/

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=108811

It has a sexy ass. Big and Aston Martin like. The 245's all around make me happy as well (to bad they wont be 16's!). But say I eventually do graduate with a degree in mechanical engineering and dont waste all my money on trying to become a race car driver (wanting to race in F3 is not cheap) I will definitely purchase one of these if they are made. RWD, 2500 pounds, econmical enough, and if it is anything like a Miata very fun to drive.

Iam quite disappointed on the aftermarket on the MZR though. One good thing is that the MZR will become the official motor of the Champ Car Atlantic series which means that you could make these engines bad as f with Cosworth being in development. Obviously not for cheap though. I want to see their range expand though. They are relatively low rev'ing and still make decent power. The fuel system and computers must be a bitch to work with.

http://store.titanmotorsports.com/cobigvacyhef.html
Old 12-11-2006, 12:52 PM   #29
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by wootwoot
The Probe was made to replace the Mustang (teehehehe). Ford thought RWD was going to be dead and FWD was the future. Well the same way GM has Saturn/Pontiac maybe Ford/Mazda will have a duo of automobiles. They will definitely be using the direct injected Miata motor will possibly the bigger 2.3 bottom end from the Mazda3 since the heads bolt up however you want. This also leaves us with a turbo option! Has anyone heard a definite go on the Kabura anytime recently or any news at all?
Yuri has some insider info that points to it definatly being in the works. He can expand if he would like. But we discussed it in my other thread when the Altima coupe pics first leaked into the internet.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:39 PM   #30
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

“Kabura” is a Japanese term taken from “KABURA-ya”, an arrow that makes a howling sound when fired and was historically used to signal the start of a battle. The “first arrow into battle” depicts Mazda’s spirit of pursuing unique and exciting ventures - such as the rotary engine.

Mazda is declaring war... will Nissan stand tall? Or will we be hailing Mazda?