Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items > Cars For Sale

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2013, 08:54 AM   #1
jcurtis

Trader Rating: (0)
jcurtis is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up FS: 93 Mazda RX7 - 1JZ VVTI Swapped

Hey everyone. So I abandoned this FS thread because I had a change of heart a couple years go. However, now that I have a baby, I really need to let it go. It is time to get something with back seats. Everything is basically the same because I've only driven the car a couple times in the last year. I have since recirculated the BOV and installed a new supra fuel pump. The BOV record helped the idle issue, but it will still stall if you let the revs drop from high RPMs.

Let me know if any of you are interested. I will probably throw it on eBay in the next couple weeks. Price drop to $23,000 obo.

Thanks for looking!

Hey guys! I'm a long time lurker here. Been on a lot lately checking out SR20 info for my S30z build. Looking to sell my bastardized RX7.

1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring
Originally Silver on Black
Approx 95k miles on body
1JZ came with the usual “aprox 35k miles” like most Japanese import swaps, however I actually believe it with this motor. Cams and head were still bright silver. No orange or brown discoloration. Very clean!
Approx 600 miles on all aftermarket parts and paint.

Drivetrain:

1JZGTE VVTI from Chaser (JZX100)
R154 5 speed Transmission
Custom Driveshaft
Custom Subframe
Custom Short Throw Shifter
Custom A/C
Custom Power Steering Lines
All hard lines Zinc Plated to look OEM
Spec Stage III Clutch and Lightweight Flywheel
Hybrid Front Mount Intercooler
Custom Intercooler Piping with Titanium Cold Pipe
HKS SSQ3 BOV
HKS HiPower Exhaust
Custom 3” Stainless Downpipe with Wideband O2 Bung
AEM Cone Air Filter
Greddy Oil Filter Relocation Kit
2JZswap.com Wiring Harness
Anderson Connector (forklift style) mounted in front bumper for easy jump/charge
Odyssey Battery mounted in storage bin

Suspension:
Cusco Zero 2 Coilovers
Cusco Sway Bars
Cusco Trailing Arms
Cusco Titanium STB
Hinson Bump Steer Kit

Advan RGII Wheels
18x9 +29
18x10 +35
Falken Azenis RT-615 Tires
235/40/18
255/40/18

Exterior:

Ferrari Grigio Silverstone Metallic Paint (PPG)
REAL KD-I Type II Burnout Front Bumper (*funny story surrounding this)
REAL KD-I Type II Burnout Rear Bumper
REAL KD-I Type II Burnout Sideskirts
OEM 99 Spec JDM Bumper Lights (Brand New)

Interior:

99 Spec JDM Wheel (Used but like new)
Blox Shift Knob
Defi Guages
FlyRX7 Triple Gauge Pod
Sony CD Player with Bluetooth
Trunk Converted from Touring Bose System to Base/R1
Rear Speakers Converted from Map Pockets
AEM Wideband O2 Sensor and Gauge (Not Installed)

This is one of the cleanest JZ swaps that you will find. All work was professionally done and is made to look as close to OEM as possible. The OEM hood and firewall remain intact as the engine is positioned as low and back as possible. The steering rack was lowered slightly, however the bump steer kit does a great job of restoring the OEM geometry. I haven’t had any issues with wild behavior during suspension travel. Because of the VVTI, the engine makes EXCELLENT torque at low rpms and pulls all the way to redline. There is nearly no lag; the car is a blast to drive and sounds wicked! I love this car, however I don’t have time to enjoy it anymore.

Paint Job: The car was stripped down bare metal, epoxy primed, then primed and blocked 4 or 5 times. Not a scuff and spray job.

*Burnout Body Kit: I originally purchased one of the Shine Auto copy kits but the “hybrid” material that it was made from was not for me. So, I sent the kit back to Shine and let them know that I was going to purchase the real deal from Japan. Long story short, I worked out a deal and I got their original kit that they used to make the molds. So everyone that has a Shine Burnout kit has a direct copy of this kit!

Known issues:
-The blow off valve. It's so freaking loud. Like, if it blows off at the right pressure it makes my left ear ring... I also should have recirculated it. Being that its a MAF car it doesn't idle well after blowing off gobs of metered air. Could be easily fixed with an SAFC, ECU, or recirculating it.
-Occasionally the car suffers from the JZ starter heatsoak issue. Since the battery is far away from it there is a voltage drop when its hot. On really hot days it will act up after it sits for a while.

Otherwise it runs like hell.

Asking $24,750 OBO

Would consider trades for/towards: NSX, Lotus Elise, M3, and Air Cooled 911s.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by jcurtis; 06-28-2015 at 12:21 PM..
jcurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links