Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-05-2019, 01:13 AM   #1
The High & Mighty
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (43)
The High & Mighty will become famous soon enoughThe High & Mighty will become famous soon enoughThe High & Mighty will become famous soon enoughThe High & Mighty will become famous soon enoughThe High & Mighty will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
GT3 Front Brake Air Diverter Ducts fitted into an S14.

These aggressive front brake ducts off a Porsche 911 997 GT3 will defiantly divert air towards the front brake rotors for additional cooling.

A while ago I had the idea of fitting Porsche GT3 front brake ducts into my S14. That time came when I decided to upgrade the brakes on the S14. Since I had spare brake ducts in the garage from my Porsche, I went ahead and fitted them onto the S14 with very little modifications.The only modifications involved were trimming off the brake duct securing clips and drilling out several holes to feed a couple zip ties through and a hole for a M6 10mm head bolt that secures to the front lower control arm. *Please take note that oem Nissan front lower control arms already have a random hole facing forward from factory.*

In order to have better clearance for the front wheels I am using ISR pro series angled front tension rods. So far the GT3 front brake ducts accommodate well onto these tension rods with no wheel rubbing issues. Currently I am using stock S14 wheels and I will update this thread once I switch to different wheels.

I opted in using oem Nissan Silvia front brake dust shields which are more streamline designed with more openings for cooling (This is definitely an advantage when using Z32 front brake rotors and adding brake ducts). These shields were offered on Silvias with 30mm iron front caliper brakes.

I hope this write up finds you in great spirits and I wanted to share a little bit of Porsche added into the s-chassis.

Part numbers:

GT3 Front Brake Ducts

Right: 997.341.484.92

Left: 997.341.483.92

Nissan Silvia Front Brake Dust Shields

Right: 41150-74F00

Left: 41160-74F00

Yellow circled holes are the additional holes that need to be drilled out.
Yellow arrows point to the locking tabs that were trimmed off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by The High & Mighty; 09-05-2019 at 09:23 PM..
The High & Mighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2019, 01:32 AM   #2
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
This is super cool, what would you say overall cost is?
Old 09-05-2019, 07:15 PM   #3
The High & Mighty
Zilvia Junkie

The High & Mighty will become famous soon enoughThe High & Mighty will become famous soon enoughThe High & Mighty will become famous soon enoughThe High & Mighty will become famous soon enoughThe High & Mighty will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
This is super cool, what would you say overall cost is?

Considering these are Porsche parts, they are on the affordable side $8 for the kit plus shipping through ECS tuning. I'm sure at the local Porsche dealer they are more then likely marked up in price.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...99734148392kt/

Old 09-05-2019, 07:45 AM   #4
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Why not do something like this?

https://www.google.com/search?q=brak...jdf8bgaTwAO2KM

Seems lke an overall better layout
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 07:31 PM   #5
The High & Mighty
Zilvia Junkie

GT3 Front Brake Ducts fitted into an S14.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
Why not do something like this?

https://www.google.com/search?q=brak...jdf8bgaTwAO2KM

Seems lke an overall better layout

I wanted to go a different route that no one has attempted plain and simple.

Just throwing it out there, The Nissan Fairlady Z (300zx Z32) from factory came with similar style front brake air diverters. I believe those parts are long discontinued and can only be found at a junk yard and thats if the Z32 still has them in place.

Last edited by The High & Mighty; 09-05-2019 at 08:10 PM..
Old 09-05-2019, 09:34 AM   #6
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
It is a better layout for a track car.

These aren't really ducts as much as air diverters, and work far better on a GT3 because of the flat nose and cleaner air.

Good idea, clean execution, questionable functionality. That said, the GT3 air diverters are less than $4 each online. You'll pay more to ship them to your house than to buy them.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 07:59 PM   #7
The High & Mighty
Zilvia Junkie

GT3 Front Brake Ducts fitted into an S14.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
It is a better layout for a track car.

These aren't really ducts as much as air diverters, and work far better on a GT3 because of the flat nose and cleaner air.

Good idea, clean execution, questionable functionality. That said, the GT3 air diverters are less than $4 each online. You'll pay more to ship them to your house than to buy them.

I am confident these will divert more air towards the front rotors then as if the S14 did not have them at all.
Nevertheless I'm also very sure the GT3 does have better brake cooling techniques as its a far more aerodynamic superior car over the Silvia. Thank you btw for noticing the clean execution with this mod. The only reason I called them brake ducts is because Porsche parts department and the Porsche community call them brake ducts.I can agree with you that calling them air diverters is also another proper name given to these components.

Old 09-05-2019, 09:33 PM   #8
gabefromcali
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
gabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That's really cool. I'm into it.
gabefromcali is offline   Reply With Quote