Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-30-2014, 07:52 AM   #1
hobbs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (43)
hobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Let's talk data display

So.... i'm coming up on the portion of my build where I need to start planning on how I'm going to be receiving information from my car, I'm looking for a clean and uncluttered setup. I'm looking for the following information to be displayed at any given time:

- RPM
- Speed
- Fuel level
- Water temp
- Oil temp
- Oil pressure
- Boost pressure
- AFR/Wideband

I've been looking into different options as far as going with speedhut gauges and having Toby build be a custom cluster, going with a device like the Defi ZD with a stock cluster or maybe even something like a stack gauge setup. I have a budget of around 900-ish to complete this project and I would like to have all of it contained within the space of a stock cluster. All gauges must have solid state senders and they must all be electric, I'm not looking to use a triple vent gauge or have anything other than my PFC commander outside of the stock gauge cluster location displaying information. A defi DSSC would be perfect for what I'm looking to do but even if I could find one, it would be way out of my budget.

So any other suggestions to pack a ton of information into a very small package?
hobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2014, 08:05 AM   #2
unwtdhero
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
unwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-knownunwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-knownunwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Im in the same boat, im nearing the end of my vqswap. Hardly enough info on this subject.... Sub'd
unwtdhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:50 AM   #3
OnTheChip
Zilvia Junkie

OnTheChip is an unknown quantity at this point
One possible option is to use a NismoTronicSA Tuning Package, which gives you stand-alone comparable tuning and logging, including converting from MAF to MAP based tuning (speed-density), pared with a TunerView RD1 display. This combination is within your budget, assuming you already have the the sensors.

RPM, Speed, and Water Temp. are included in the standard logging data, and the NismotronicSA system hardware (NEMU board) has four 0-5V analog inputs which can be used to log (display) all but one of the other parameters you're looking for. If you decided to go speed-density, the stock MAF input can be used for the MAP sensor, which would give you boost pressure, and leave all four NEMU inputs for other parameters. One of those should be IAT and you would definitely want AFR from a wideband.
OnTheChip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:18 AM   #4
hobbs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (43)
hobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
I've been looking into nistune for a while but with the lack of support with the S15 SR20DET without the use of stepdown harness and loss of features such as VCT has me using a S15 D-Jetro.
hobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:29 AM   #5
tauntdevil
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
tauntdevil is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Racepak Digital Dash - IQ3 - Universal - ChaseBays.com

Setup I am going with. Then I am using gauges for other stuff like fuel level and what not.

S14 KA NA two cylinders, 75whp limper
tauntdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:09 PM   #6
DJ 21o3
Zilvia Junkie

DJ 21o3 is an unknown quantity at this point
I think Toby would be the best bet for your needs, but I don't know what one of his custom clusters cost. I fap to pictures of his car often, but have never been brave enough to look into his pricing. lol
DJ 21o3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:21 PM   #7
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
What car is this for? $900 is a pretty tight race display budget unless you are buying used equipment. Depending on what vehicle this is for, I have a pretty cool Speedhut setup that I could do for you. Just some quick #'s you are looking at around $1000 - $1100 for the gauges and the fabrication from me.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds

Last edited by Broadfield; 02-11-2014 at 08:17 PM..
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:29 PM   #8
ReLiC
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
ReLiC is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I don't know if this info is useful, but let me throw it out there.

Wouldn't it be possible to build a car computer that can read all those? I've been piecing one together but I don't know if there's a way to read all of that. I know i'll be able to read rpm, water temp and such through ecutalk, but I don't know about the rest.
ReLiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:50 PM   #9
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
I love my Speedhut setup. I'd vote for that.