Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-25-2019, 05:26 PM   #211
S14rebuild
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
S14rebuild is a splendid one to beholdS14rebuild is a splendid one to beholdS14rebuild is a splendid one to beholdS14rebuild is a splendid one to beholdS14rebuild is a splendid one to beholdS14rebuild is a splendid one to beholdS14rebuild is a splendid one to beholdS14rebuild is a splendid one to beholdS14rebuild is a splendid one to beholdS14rebuild is a splendid one to beholdS14rebuild is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenkizenki View Post
My 6 Speed is about to blow, can i use the 6 speed bell housing on a ka24de tranny? Keep the dual mass flywheel or go with smaller 5 speed one.
Thanks
Nooo does not work
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2019, 10:21 PM   #212
mrrisk
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
mrrisk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Great write up! This is premium quality stuff.
mrrisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 02:34 PM   #213
racinjayson

Trader Rating: (0)
racinjayson is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ok, so I had my reverse shifting fork break on my 6spd and I was having a hard time trying to find parts for this transmission. Turns out the 99 to 05 Mazda Miata 6spd trans is made by the same company(Aisin AZ6), so I took a chance and purchased one that was a core for parts only. Here is the low down, the input shaft for the two are different and the main shaft as well as the bell housing and tail-shaft housing. The gears are different ratio's but the same as in they'll work in the nissan trans. All the syncro's, shift forks, bearings, secondary main shaft and complete center section including the case itself are exactly the same. So if you looking for parts to rebuild your nissan trans in the U.S., you can get most everything you need out of the mazda and you can get parts online from Jim Ellis Mazda with a complete parts diagram breakdown. Hope this is of some help to anyone in need of some rebuild parts, thanks.
racinjayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 05:04 PM   #214
TheRealSy90
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by racinjayson View Post
Turns out the 99 to 05 Mazda Miata 6spd trans is made by the same company(Aisin AZ6)
The Aisin AZ6 is in a ton of vehicles:

Altezza AS200 & RS200
Lexus IS300
Toyota "86"
Scion FRS
Subaru BRZ
Mazda MX-5
Mazda RX-8
Nissan S15

Has anyone tried the "circlip fix" on their s15 trans? There's a company in Australia that does the fix or can send the parts pre-done. Apparently it's the main weak point that causes the strength issues on these trans and once the revised part is installed they hold up to a lot more power/torque.
TheRealSy90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 05:21 PM   #215
racinjayson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
The Aisin AZ6 is in a ton of vehicles:

Altezza AS200 & RS200
Lexus IS300
Toyota "86"
Scion FRS
Subaru BRZ
Mazda MX-5
Mazda RX-8
Nissan S15
Way to go Wikipedia man, none of those are the same as the Silvia except the miata trans. I searched them all and they have the same designator (AZ6) they are not even close to the silvia.
Old 10-28-2019, 06:44 PM   #216
TheRealSy90
Premium Member

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
S15 6 Speed Transmission for Dummies

Quote:
Way to go Wikipedia man, none of those are the same as the Silvia except the miata trans. I searched them all and they have the same designator (AZ6) they are not even close to the silvia.

How are they not the same exactly? You yourself noted the differences between the Miata and Silvia trans. So those arenít ďthe sameĒ either.
I know for a fact the Altezza/IS300 trans is just as similar as the Miata trans is. With the same differences as well. Again, same for all those other vehicles. Aside from bellhousings, gear ratios, and the odd sensor here or there, other internals are effectively the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-28-2019, 08:26 PM   #217
racinjayson

You're missing the point the altezza is a Japanese car, I'm giving information about a U.S. based model that you can get parts for in the U.S. not Japan.
Old 10-29-2019, 05:32 PM   #218
TheRealSy90
Premium Member

Ok 5 of those 6 are american lol.
Old 10-29-2019, 06:33 PM   #219
racinjayson

And those five are not the same or are not readily available or cost a fortune, dude don't you think I already went down this road before I posted, give me a break.
Old 10-29-2019, 07:11 PM   #220
afishysilvia
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (26)
afishysilvia has a reputation beyond reputeafishysilvia has a reputation beyond reputeafishysilvia has a reputation beyond reputeafishysilvia has a reputation beyond reputeafishysilvia has a reputation beyond reputeafishysilvia has a reputation beyond reputeafishysilvia has a reputation beyond reputeafishysilvia has a reputation beyond reputeafishysilvia has a reputation beyond reputeafishysilvia has a reputation beyond reputeafishysilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
And those five are not the same or are not readily available or cost a fortune, dude don't you think I already went down this road before I posted, give me a break.
So at this point what do you need then? Iím running a J160 in my Altezza Beams and have a spare sitting in my garage. Iím not looking to sell but do you need photos of something?
Old 10-29-2019, 11:58 PM   #221
racinjayson

Jason Shaha, and I don't need anything, I used a Mazda miata six speed transmission and got the shift fork and a few synchro's, back together and running.
Old 10-30-2019, 12:18 AM   #222
afishysilvia
Premium Member

afishysilvia has a reputation beyond reputeafishysilvia has a reputation beyond reputeafishysilvia has a reputation beyond reputeafishysilvia has a reputation beyond reputeafishysilvia has a reputation beyond reputeafishysilvia has a reputation beyond reputeafishysilvia has a reputation beyond reputeafishysilvia has a reputation beyond reputeafishysilvia has a reputation beyond reputeafishysilvia has a reputation beyond reputeafishysilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Jason Shaha, and I don't need anything, I used a Mazda miata six speed transmission and got the shift fork and a few synchro's, back together and running.
No need for introductions, I am just clarifying whatís needed here before this thread turns to shit. Glad you resolved your problem and thanks for the input.
Old 10-30-2019, 08:15 AM   #223
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
[240sx] is a name known to all[240sx] is a name known to all[240sx] is a name known to all[240sx] is a name known to all[240sx] is a name known to all[240sx] is a name known to all[240sx] is a name known to all[240sx] is a name known to all[240sx] is a name known to all[240sx] is a name known to all[240sx] is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Jason Shaha,..
Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
No need for introductions...

Non-pussy confirmed.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 08:26 PM   #224
slow_sr20
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
slow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Does anyone running a Dakota Digital SGI 5 know roughly what their configured settings are? Iím setting it up to use the abs sensor on the s14 diff through SGI5 to 95 s14 SE cluster.
slow_sr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 09:18 PM   #225
dwnshft2drft
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
dwnshft2drft will become famous soon enoughdwnshft2drft will become famous soon enoughdwnshft2drft will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow_sr20 View Post
Does anyone running a Dakota Digital SGI 5 know roughly what their configured settings are? Iím setting it up to use the abs sensor on the s14 diff through SGI5 to 95 s14 SE cluster.

Lowest setting 2.50 and still off by 10% to 20% at actual speed 65 mph - speedometer reads 80mph. I think Iím doing it wrong?

97 kouki cluster
S15 abs diff sensor
dwnshft2drft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:01 PM   #226
afishysilvia
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post

Non-pussy confirmed.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
This is gold lol.
Old 11-01-2019, 12:28 AM   #227
TheRealSy90
Premium Member

Quote:

Anyways, this is what I was talking about. Neat Gearboxes in AU offers the fixed gear shaft that fixes the main weak point in the az6 trans. Oh what do you know it works in ALL of those chassis I posted

Old 11-01-2019, 09:12 AM   #228
dwnshft2drft
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
dwnshft2drft will become famous soon enoughdwnshft2drft will become famous soon enoughdwnshft2drft will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Anyways, this is what I was talking about. Neat Gearboxes in AU offers the fixed gear shaft that fixes the main weak point in the az6 trans. Oh what do you know it works in ALL of those chassis I posted

CRIKEY mate!
dwnshft2drft is offline   Reply With Quote