Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-08-2015, 11:34 AM   #31
lgsr20swap
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
lgsr20swap is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
So have u figured out the problem??? Nice build bro keep it up
lgsr20swap is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2015, 11:11 AM   #32
xitsalgin
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
xitsalgin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Great start, looks really nice man. Hope the cooling issue is something minor!
thanks! actually found out the problem. The tensioner to the water pump and power steering belt snapped which caused the water pump not to spin. ended up getting a new one and everythings good now!
xitsalgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 11:11 AM   #33
xitsalgin
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgsr20swap View Post
So have u figured out the problem??? Nice build bro keep it up
yea figured it out! ^
Old 01-09-2015, 11:23 AM   #34
dac2828

dac2828 is an unknown quantity at this point
How come you went with the DMax coilovers instead of Powered by Max coils?
dac2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 12:58 PM   #35
xitsalgin
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dac2828 View Post
How come you went with the DMax coilovers instead of Powered by Max coils?
to try something different! still would like to get pbm's in the future! also they were a little cheaper than pbm's. The DMAX's are an awesome product though!
Old 01-09-2015, 02:21 PM   #36
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Grenades are so good.
Female Grenades take notes.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:14 PM   #37
Toomuchboost12
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Toomuchboost12 can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
uploadfromtaptalk1420848861333.jpg here is some motivation for your build
Toomuchboost12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 07:51 PM   #38
xitsalgin
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Grenades are so good.
Female Grenades take notes.
thanks! i love them haha
Old 01-16-2015, 10:17 AM   #39
V8killa11

V8killa11 is an unknown quantity at this point
wish i could find a nice notch for 3k! here in va almost everything is roached. nice car! keep the updates comming!
V8killa11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 11:34 AM   #40
erikshift
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
erikshift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to erikshift
Very clean, those grenades look great!
Old 01-16-2015, 12:23 PM   #41
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
time for that silvia front end!!
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 06:36 PM   #42
xitsalgin
Leaky Injector

Not really an update but just the small things

where i last left off, I finshed my lug. Got more pics of everything settled in how i like it

[URL=http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/xitsalgin/media/IMG_0335_zps1337773f.jpg.html][/URL

I also ended up getting Bolt on front spacers for the car. Went with something aggressive and got 35mm's

So after i put on the spacers, They werent clearing the fender. I need to get my coilover mount notched so i can run some extra camber

ended up also getting new front tires cause they are no more lol

been pretty tight with funds but really trying to get a diff next and try and hit the track!
Old 02-08-2015, 07:10 PM   #43
RB180sxChris
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
RB180sxChris is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
nice build so far man keep it up
Old 02-08-2015, 07:17 PM   #44
motoman159
Zilvia Member

motoman159 is an unknown quantity at this point
im liking this so far keep it up.
motoman159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 10:20 PM   #45
xitsalgin
Leaky Injector

Update

not really updating this thread as much as i would want to but will try to do my best! As of right now I have been just driving my car enjoying it like any other person would do lol

A few days ago I decided im going to do a track day for the first time at grange motor circuit, if im not mistaken its on may 17. i started prepping my car for the event. One thing i wanted to tackle on my car that was a issue was the timing chain slack. it was so loud i can hear it hitting the top of my valve cover. Did some research and what i found was you can take of the top chain guide and usually it will go away. Opened my valve cover and apparently it was gone lol

After i found that out I just decided that i wanted to replace the whole timing chain compnents. Started taking everything apart

It was kind of a pain in the ass removing everthing lol. And for everyone doing this job or plan on doing it, YOU MUST REMOVE THE OIL PAN FIRST CAUSE THE OIL PICKUP TUBE IS CONNECTED TO THE LOWER TIMING COVER .

All the new components i picked up, went through west covina nissan aka "thenismoshop" and purchased it from them

also while i was at it picked up some nismo motor mounts and some thicker tie rods. went with tein inner's and outer's!

other than that, just need to pick up some other stuff and car should all be good for its first track day!
Old 04-03-2015, 10:57 PM   #46
Dboyizmlg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Dboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
You should of got drift freaq motor mounts!!!
Wayyyy better than those nismos
Dboyizmlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 11:29 AM   #47
R_Rod_s13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
R_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Any updates ?
R_Rod_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 07:30 PM   #48
xitsalgin
Leaky Injector

Havent really posted nothing here lately, been busy with everything. Changes throughout my personal life, school, and of course my car. Ill just leave this here! Stay tuned!

Old 08-14-2015, 10:21 PM   #49
mastadon
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
mastadon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Oh snazzy. That looks like a clean SR! Worthy of how clean the rest of the car is.
mastadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 08:38 PM   #50
xitsalgin
Leaky Injector

Dont know if anyone really goes on here anymore but if so, its literally been around 4 years since I was last on here. Times has definitely changed. Looking back on where I left off with this build, I guess I never got to show you guys the finished product of the coupe. The car has then been sold now. I'll just throw a quick summary of where I left off. Ended up finishing the SR, THE CAR WAS A BLAST TO DRIVE. The car was literally my pride and joy. Due to life being life lol, I had to sell the car. As the years past by, I was pretty much getting my life together. Finally got a decent job and finishing up school within a year. Since then also picked up a daily that I finally could rely on.

[/url]

I haven't been updated with the s-chassis scene recently and obviously I can tell a lot has changed. Even from just seeing other people's build around in the street. I've always had a love for Nissan's and I think will always will. I've had a couple cars in the past but never got the same feeling as I do when sitting or building a nissan. That even goes the same for my truck lol (it's pretty built haha) As I now since have a decent job and and not struggling with money to come up on parts like I was when building the coupe (was still in highschool at the time) I decided it was time to get back in the game lol. Well here ya go peopleeeeee

1995 Nissan 24OSX SE in Blue Emerald Pearl

so story on the car is, its a s14. Picked up the car for dummy cheeaaaapp. reason why I say that is because its a SE model [5-LUG, ORIGINAL 5 SPD, AND NO SUN-ROOF]. The kicker to the car though is the KA is blown. The car can use some love but everything was there. frame rails weren't fucked, no random half ass engine swap. LIKE EVERYTHING WAS ALL STILL ORIGINAL. So purpose with this car is to put it up on stands, and pretty much go through everything. Something I didn't get to do with the s13. Things like dropping the subframe and redoing bushings and ball-joints with suspension arms. Just cleaning everything up to really enjoy the car potential. Still debating whether I want stay KA or SR again.

[/url]

Dont know how often I'll be posting on here, but if you guys would like to see updated on the car, you can follow my instagram. @alginm_

Last edited by xitsalgin; 08-19-2019 at 09:36 AM..
Old 08-18-2019, 09:02 PM   #51
andisan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
andisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Welcome back

I’m sure it’s going to be a good solid build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-20-2019, 02:15 PM   #52
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
I'm so glad to see more build threads resurrected! Keep up the good work man
Old 10-28-2019, 10:38 PM   #53
xitsalgin
Leaky Injector

Found some downtime right now so I figured to post a small update on this thread. Kind of on the home stretch right now with school. While I'm handling that, been picking up some parts here and there. Back to my original intention with the car, my biggest thing I wanted to address this time was the suspension. I decided to go ahead and start with the rear. Pulled the sub-frame apart.

This time around, I decided to go with PBM for my suspension choice. Reason I chose them because they are local to me in SoCal. I also haven't heard any reasons why I shouldn't go with them either. Great products & even better customer service. The gold is also cool too even though I would prefer with a oem black look lol. (should of went with SPL right?!)

Also paired the arms up with some SPL Lockout Eccentric Bolts

While all my knuckles and lca's are out too, gave them a respray so everything would look nice and clean.

Found some of my old grex shift knobs I was holding for the S13 too lol

Also picked up set of Sub-frame reinforcement plates from GKTECH, but the subframe itself is at welders shop getting boxed. I'll post pics up of that once its back!

Back to my motor situation... As you guys can remember, I picked up this S14 pretty much as a shell. The KA was pretty much blown from the previous owner. I was chillin on a Friday night with when I seen a post from one of the locals in my area post up a clean motor for sale! Picked it up from one of OG's himself from zilvia, CrimsonRockett. So yea, hit him and loaded up a trailer to my 4Runner and picked it up!

anyways, just a small update. probs not a big enough update for anyone to care but hey any progress is still progress right? haha. Ill try to get back on this again once more work gets done!
Old 10-28-2019, 11:25 PM   #54
iknowyoulike
Zilvia Member

iknowyoulike is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to iknowyoulike
What'd you do with the F5? for sale by chance?
Old 04-19-2020, 01:38 AM   #55
xitsalgin
Leaky Injector

Update

So I last left off pulling the whole rear end on the S14. Recently been busy with school and work when the year 2020 started so the car was definitely sitting for a bit. Everything had to come to a halt though with this whole COVID-19 going on. Been a real big trip seeing the whole world deal with something like this! Salute to all our medical troopers holding it down for us btw! My mom and a majority of my family all work in the medical field so its been kind of hectic forsure. I guess on our end for us other people, we can help slow down this madness by practicing social distancing! My job recently had been shut down for about 2 months now so that free'd up some time to get some wrench time in!

I've recently just been stacking up my paper and buying parts but here ya go, for the most part rear end is almost complete.

Ended up swapping out my rear PBM arms with some SPL ones. I liked the black a lot. The real reason why I went with them though is because I really liked the materials they used on the casting of the arm itself. Supposedly they are made from a Titanium casting. Hopefully these will hold up long term and on the track!

For Coilovers, Decided to go with Stance XR1's! Seen all the recreational & pro drift guys use them and they said they were great. I hit up the friendly guys @ TF-WORKS and asked some questions about them and what sold me was the support & R&D behind them. With that I can trust! Also black lol! OEM +++

Small things like ALL the bushings and balljoints were also replaced with Moog & Energy! All my other suspension bits were also painted black. Went ahead too and picked up GKTECH's subframe reinforcement plates and had by buddy weld them up!

My buddy prepping the subframe!

Tacking it in!

Finshed up and back from powdercoat! Decided to go with volk bronze. I figured I needed something to pop since I have a lot of black going on under the chassis!

Another thing I wanted to address was under the chassis itself. Me personally I like having things really clean even though the end result, I'll probably be destroying it lol, but here's my attempt to trying. Painted everything black with a finish of matte clear!

Gave all my under shielding a respray. Went with this color to offset all the matte black. Lets give it a shot!

Some high temp clear to finish it off since the exhaust will be running through.

YUUURDDD

Also cleaned & sprayed my wheel wells with some under coating!

Since everything I wanted to accomplish under the chassis was pretty much done, started mocking up all my suspension together before I get back onto the car.

Took a quick break and paid a visit to my buddys house. If yall didn't know this is my old coupe. I sold it to my buddy QWERTH or also know as DVRK MAGICIAN. He pretty much tore the car down and is redoing EVERYTHING while also adding his own touches! Glad to have it in our circle and not seeing it being destroyed by someone else. Maybe one day he will sell it back to me ;D

BACK TO BUSINESS!
Decided to clean up my wheel hub and install some new oem wheel bearings!

Before

Got them media blasted and laid some light primer before paint

Painted the back of the hub before pressing the bearings.

[/url]

Finished product, dont mind my dirty desk lol, also used some ARP wheel studs!

I also picked up a rear Z32 e-brake assembly! It was in pieces so I didn't have any pics lol but here are some of me painting the shield and mocking it up.
Trimmed the shield up as I do plan on running a BBK set-up.

Z32 Ebrake assembly on, needs some project mu shoes!

Fresh R33 brake cables!

All mocked up on the car now!

SNEAK PEEK

At this point, money has been tight since work is shutdown for a a bit LOL so I figured this would be a good stopping point for right now.

While I'm trying to find something to do on the car that doesn't require a hefty amount, I decided to pull out the blown KA with the help of my uncle.

5 years later... Some things just dont change LOL, still financially irresponsible.

Lastly, I'll just leave this here for the next update.....

Old 04-20-2020, 01:09 PM   #56
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I love your uncle's judgemental look. Classic.

I would have suggested you to inspect your gas tank before you installed the rear subframe.

Best thing to do is to redo all the hoses back there as well as inspecting it for any leaks. I have a headache just remembering that smell. I'd also suggest using some rubber gasket/ foamy material around pressure points on the tank. Basically anywhere where the tank is supported or come into contact with the body.

Next I would suggest painting the engine bay or atleast cleaning it and replacing HVAC hoses and stuff like that. I'd also paint the rest of the underchassis since those are low cost but insanely satisfying things to do.

Props to you man.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 02:02 PM   #57
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Why are you using capital o's in place of zeros, though?
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 03:24 PM   #58
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
lots of super nice work in here!

don't waste your money on Project Mu ebrake shoes tho. Just get some stock z32 ones from Rockauto. I did a groupbuy for Project Mu shoes a few years ago, and everyone who used them on drift cars, the shoes crumbled within 2 events.

We even went to Porterfield and had them reline stock z32 shoes with their recommended compound, and on my s13 with roughly 225whp it lasted one drift event at balcony, and then about 5 laps at HTM, and then the material crumbled off the shoe and now they're trash.

The Pfield ones felt amazing while they worked, but $150 for a set that wont even last 2 events, no thank you.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 11:38 PM   #59
Laurentino.oo

Laurentino.oo is making his/her stupidity well-knownLaurentino.oo is making his/her stupidity well-knownLaurentino.oo is making his/her stupidity well-knownLaurentino.oo is making his/her stupidity well-knownLaurentino.oo is making his/her stupidity well-known
Smile Help Me

I've been trying to find a s13 coupe but could never find one and I was hoping you could help me. Please
Laurentino.oo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 01:05 PM   #60
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurentino.oo View Post
I've been trying to find a s13 coupe but could never find one and I was hoping you could help me. Please
wrong place. If you can't find a 240 for sale in california, nothing WE can do to help you.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote