Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:39 AM   #61
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Some progress pics from this weekend (before the blizzard):

(Not actually bolted up)

SPL Aluminum Subframe Bushings:

OMG Two wheels!!

Camber/Toe not set and not bolted up:

Also spray bombed and cleaned up the diff cover and VLSD. Realized I need a 5 bolt axle, so hunting that down right now. I ordered a new Diff gasket, some random screws I need, hardware to bolt the bumper on, and a new seal for the cowl/hood with clips. Also waiting on my tein spanner wrenches to adjust the coils, and all of the gaskets for the intake manifold install.

Hoping to make steady progress through the week. More pics soon!

**Note: I knocked my camera off of the hatch and the glass fell out of the lens. Somehow, it went back together and still works :lol:

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 06-04-2015 at 12:27 PM..
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2009, 09:42 AM   #62
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
looking really good, keep up the progress, subscribed
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:11 AM   #63
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Thanks man! I am waiting on a few more parts to show up and I should be on the road!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 04-07-2009, 06:21 PM   #64
XperienceM5G
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
XperienceM5G is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to XperienceM5G Send a message via MSN to XperienceM5G
=o
Wow man, this is a very legit build. Looking forward to seeing it complete!
Old 04-09-2009, 09:13 AM   #65
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Got some stuff yesterday:

Intake:

Gaskets for Intake Manifold:

And some Defi gauges... Large Boost and Tach, and then some others to match my current ones (oil p, oil t, water t, and fuel p). I already have the oil gauges, so I am going to sell those. I want to do my own custom cluster via broadfield, but I realized that I got the wrong size large gauges:

These are the 110mm and I wanted the 80mm, so I think I am going to sell these and keep looking. Hard to find the right ones since these gauges are discontinued.

Working on the car tonight, going to try to get the intake install and oil pressure relocation done... just try to get the bay together as much as I can. Kumho screwed up my order at Discount Tire, so I have some Yokohama S drives on the way- should be here next Monday or Tuesday and then I can get the car on the ground!

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 06-04-2015 at 12:29 PM..
Old 04-09-2009, 09:45 AM   #66
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Props again. I want that intake bad, mine is so jank right now.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:49 AM   #67
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Yeah, the car had an ebay filter on it and it was pretty nasty.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 04-10-2009, 08:43 AM   #68
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Got the intake in last night:

(Don't mind the boost controller laying there, didn't mount it yet.)

And most of the GReddy filter relocation. Let's just say that my first experience with braided SS oil lines was a painful one at best :lol: Tires came in today, so I am having them mounted to the wheels tomorrow. Axles are scheduled for delivery next wednesday. Won't have time to work on the car until sunday night, but progress should be steady through next week!

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 06-04-2015 at 12:31 PM..
Old 04-11-2009, 08:57 PM   #69
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Tires came today! Yokohama S-Drive 225/45/17 front and 245/40/17 rear.

Just a wee bit of stretch, but nothing crazy (front):

Still waiting on my fender roller and to put the suspension together- won't be able to work on the car til tomorrow night at the soonest. Getting stoked!

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 06-04-2015 at 12:35 PM..
Old 04-20-2009, 12:12 PM   #70
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Got some things done yesterday... front SS brake lines, oil filter relocation, a lot of the front lip install, but not totally on yet. Sprayed undercoating the the wheel wells to freshen it up a bit, rolled the rear fenders, put the catback back on, mocked up the rear wheels and tires while I wait for coils again to check the roll, repainted the hatch and got it a lot glossier (thanks Aria).

Waiting on coils and it will be on the ground and out of the garage!! Hopefully by sunday, depending on when the coilovers get here.

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 06-04-2015 at 12:44 PM..
Old 04-21-2009, 02:53 AM   #71
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Nice! I visit family in Zeeland every summer.

Also I don't know if you got it figured out, but when I reversed my jumper cables it blew my ignitor.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:34 AM   #72
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

^ yeah thanks man! It was indeed a bad ignitor, and possibly a bad ECU as well. The car still doesnt start from the key, so something else must have gotten fried. I need to get that sorted out so i can start driving the car. I went to GVSU, so I was pretty close to Zeeland... I actually bought the car from a guy in Holland, small world!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 04-26-2009, 08:16 PM   #73
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

I didn't do a lot this weekend, had some wedding shtuff to work on. I claybared the whole car since the paint felt like sandpaper- it really needs a lot more than that, but it made a big difference. Other than that I didnt accomplish a lot. I am finishing up the lip install tomorrow after work.

Pics of my wee little pull:

^ My mom, brother, and grandpa, lol.

Tossed the hood on after I clayed all of the crap off of it. I am just gonna throw some wax on the car so it has something and detail it better later this summer... it has a lot of scratches and whatnot, but it seems to have some life left in it:

Bumper was not done yet- the paint for sure still could use a lot of work, but it was nice to at least see it look and feel somewhat like paint again :lol:

Should be on the ground FOR REAL this time by friday night or saturday.

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 06-04-2015 at 12:44 PM..
Old 05-01-2009, 08:02 PM   #74
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Seriously Damon, get this thing done, and we need to hang out soon. If you need any help let me know, I've already found my way into having a garage full of other peoples 240's to work on up here, I'd love to get my hands on yours. haha
Old 05-01-2009, 09:15 PM   #75
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Hey man I would love it! I am having a friend from GR come out to give me a hand tomorrow. I got it on the ground tonight, so hopefully I can head out that way and see your cars soon broski!

Two pics I forgot to post:

Lip installed:

Overflow, the only shiny clean thing in my bay:

And now pics from this evening... SUSPENSION!

I was kinda glad these were black and not orange like the ones I had on the solara:

A friend took this of me working and I didnt know, lol:

It took me quite a while to get everything tightened up in the back and get the camber set decent. It still needs to be adjusted on one side in the rear. The rear will come up about 3/4"-1" and the front will come down about an inch. I just had a really long, failure day and decided to get some shut eye.

Gonna finish getting it set up right tomorrow and go from there. A friend from GR is coming out to give me a hand in the afternoon. I am going to hope for a lot of progress- I wont say it will be at the meet for sure, but it would be awesome... we'll see.

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 06-04-2015 at 12:52 PM..
Old 05-02-2009, 02:30 AM   #76
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
god damn that's sexy
Old 05-04-2009, 07:13 PM   #77
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Got it all together this weekend and running with the key! Here are some pics after I cleaned it up a bit:

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 05-04-2009, 07:55 PM   #78
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Perfect, now sell it to me for $5 and a sonic coupon.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:24 PM   #79
silnismo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
silnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Roof wing please!
1994 E36-Daily
1998 DC2- F.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNskY View Post

your idea of "doing it right" isn't the same as everyone else's... no matter how many kids on here swing from your nuts
silnismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:58 AM   #80
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

^ Agreed! I am thinking about it... I have some sides on the way. Need to hunt down a rear and some other goodies...

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 05-08-2009, 06:37 PM   #81
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Nice pics!

Looks super clean (wish mine was)!

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:59 PM   #82
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Well the car is running, driving, etc, and it is great! I am going to get it aligned tomorrow after work and then I can start putting some miles on it. I picked up a set of side skirts, working on finding some rear aero. I think I am also going to go with a roof spoiler. Here are some pics:

Test fit:

Photoshopped black:

More updates soon.

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 06-04-2015 at 01:05 PM..
Old 05-12-2009, 02:11 PM   #83
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

I feel like slapping you for what was wrong with your brakes. haha. Anyway now that it runs and my other car runs we need to all get together.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:49 PM   #84
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Agreed man, my schedule frees up a bit next week so maybe we can meet up and grab a bite to eat or something. It was nice to chill with you and the lady, you guys are awesome!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 05-17-2009, 08:46 PM   #85
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Oh hai... trips to Pennsylvania are fun!

cf>spray bomb:

Hood:

Fitment seems a bit off :lol:

I think it will be pretty subtle, I am excited to install... I am gonna get a price on the glass install from my spare hatch tomorrow after work. Might try to install the hood... that or wire my gauges. I should probably do the gauges, haha.

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 06-04-2015 at 01:17 PM..
Old 05-17-2009, 10:33 PM   #86
an_orange_s2k
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
an_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
great build. i was looking for a black s13 hatch and planning to do the same thing before i found my s14.
an_orange_s2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:19 PM   #87
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Thanks man!

Washed the car and test fitted the hood tonight- unfortunately that was all I had time to do. Here are some pics my brother took quick with his iphone. Ironically, they are better quality than my digital camera :lol:

It is super subtle, I really like it... you can't really tell it is CF until you are up close. Can't wait for my rear valences to show up!

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 06-04-2015 at 01:25 PM..
Old 05-20-2009, 12:22 AM   #88
JVD
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
JVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ugh... Best gauges ever.

I want those so bad. Where'd you end up finding them?
JVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:02 AM   #89
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

I found boost and oil temp on ebay about a year ago, a friend that owned a shop gave me the oil pressure gauge for helping him with his car, then I picked up water temp and fuel pressure used locally.

I also have a 110mm tach if you would be interested, I have been trying to unload it because I don't have any use for it.

Two pics from a meet last weekend:

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 06-04-2015 at 01:28 PM..
Old 05-22-2009, 07:34 AM   #90
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Hood is on and fitting pretty decent for now. Ordered aerocatch hood pins today so it doesnt fly up in my face. Also test fitted the aero, one rear valence is here and one is on the way:

Hard to tell with the sides blue and the rear white what it will look like, but I am confident it will look really nice.

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 06-04-2015 at 01:36 PM..