Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-24-2019, 03:59 PM   #751
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaMervaj View Post
Just an update for anyone wondering the chase bay banjo hydraulic line fixed my problem!
hooray! post pix.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2019, 08:02 AM   #752
Jorgs_7
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Jorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Alright gentlemen it is time for me to transition away from the stock SR gear box.

Has anyone figured out what "the move" is for financial sake? Curious if you mix and matched maverick adapter with serial9 shifter, and so on.

The real question is, who has done this on the tightest budget? Id be surprised to get it done for under $2,000 USD.
Jorgs_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 11:17 AM   #753
D.Bo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
D.Bo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I've made a list of parts and prices I need for this swap. I'm trying to buy parts when there's online deals available since I'm in no rush to do this swap. I luckily picked up a cd009 for $300 but this is my current parts list of what I need to get for the swap. There's probably random things along the way I'll need to buy, but adding up the stuff total right now is $1275.

Parts
Autotech adapter plate $300
Gktech shifter $249
Gktech trans mount bracket $76
Driveshaft $350
D.Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 11:34 AM   #754
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgs_7 View Post
Alright gentlemen it is time for me to transition away from the stock SR gear box.

Has anyone figured out what "the move" is for financial sake? Curious if you mix and matched maverick adapter with serial9 shifter, and so on.

The real question is, who has done this on the tightest budget? Id be surprised to get it done for under $2,000 USD.

I did the math and considered the headache involved

Just buy the Mazworx bell housing kit. By the time you add up adapter plate, machining, clutch slaver, shift bracket, etc etc, you would have already bought the Mazworx kit. The Mazworx kit may come out a few hundred more expensive, but the time spent not sourcing parts, etc, is time saved making money elsewhere......or not pulling out your hair when an adapter plate didn't come with a dowel lol.

Some things are just worth not dealing with the headache.

However, doesn't matter now. Mazworx is on back order lol
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 09:35 PM   #755
russian
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
russian is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to russian
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
I did the math and considered the headache involved

Just buy the Mazworx bell housing kit. By the time you add up adapter plate, machining, clutch slaver, shift bracket, etc etc, you would have already bought the Mazworx kit. The Mazworx kit may come out a few hundred more expensive, but the time spent not sourcing parts, etc, is time saved making money elsewhere......or not pulling out your hair when an adapter plate didn't come with a dowel lol.

Some things are just worth not dealing with the headache.

However, doesn't matter now. Mazworx is on back order lol

as far as mazworks its worth the money to take the easy button. just wait till backorder is filled dude
Old 07-26-2019, 09:06 AM   #756
Jorgs_7
Zilvia Junkie

Jorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Bo View Post
I've made a list of parts and prices I need for this swap. I'm trying to buy parts when there's online deals available since I'm in no rush to do this swap. I luckily picked up a cd009 for $300 but this is my current parts list of what I need to get for the swap. There's probably random things along the way I'll need to buy, but adding up the stuff total right now is $1275.

Parts
Autotech adapter plate $300
Gktech shifter $249
Gktech trans mount bracket $76
Driveshaft $350
Damn I wish I could find a CD9 for 300 bux. People are asking $600+ for unknown condition Z32 transmissions still.

Seems like a decent piece together solution
Old 07-26-2019, 10:35 AM   #757
brndck
Premium Member

brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Quote:
Damn I wish I could find a CD9 for 300 bux. People are asking $600+ for unknown condition Z32 transmissions still.

Seems like a decent piece together solution
lol I've got a known good condition z32 trans for $500!!! come get it!

Quote:
Old 07-26-2019, 11:07 AM   #758
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I am with RalliartRsx. If you don't want to pay for labor and machining, then just straight mazwork. Basically trace, cut housing, bolt, up and plug and play. easy.

Just get a different shifter.... I went with the GKtech, but it sits a bit further back. Should have went Serial9 but didn't want to wait
Old 07-26-2019, 11:21 AM   #759
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
I went with a hook shifter. They have a few left in stock
Old 07-29-2019, 03:27 PM   #760
Jorgs_7
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
I am with RalliartRsx. If you don't want to pay for labor and machining, then just straight mazwork. Basically trace, cut housing, bolt, up and plug and play. easy.

Just get a different shifter.... I went with the GKtech, but it sits a bit further back. Should have went Serial9 but didn't want to wait
Found a CD008 trans for $270. Had to bite the bullet and get the Maxworx kit too. It is the best choice.
Could have saved ~$200 by piecing together with autotech adapter, but I am already over fiddling around with bell housing removal & machining.

Will update how the Maxworx shifter pans out too. Going to stick with that till I can re-coop finances.

Does anyone have feedback after actually using the Mazworx supplied shifter? I've heard some hoop-la about the 5th gear synchro's getting worn prematurely and the unit being some ebay junk.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:34 AM   #761
Sr20-Vert
Leaky Injector

Sr20-Vert is a well-known jackass
What final drive should I be running in my diff with this cd009 my s14 has such short gears with it .... I want longer car makes to much power i have to shift way to fast
Sr20-Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 04:05 AM   #762
roninwon
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
roninwon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to roninwon Send a message via Yahoo to roninwon
I switched to an s15 3.69 gears. It made driving at 75 so much better.
Old 08-16-2019, 11:48 PM   #763
Sr20-Vert
Leaky Injector

I got the mazworx kit with brand new cd00a any reason why my 5th and 6th are so hard to get into gear ?
Old 08-17-2019, 05:32 AM   #764
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by roninwon View Post
I switched to an s15 3.69 gears. It made driving at 75 so much better.
JDM S14 turbo cars came with this same ratio also.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 09:22 AM   #765
foreverdeath
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
foreverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Found a CD008 trans for $270. Had to bite the bullet and get the Maxworx kit too. It is the best choice.
Could have saved ~$200 by piecing together with autotech adapter, but I am already over fiddling around with bell housing removal & machining.

Will update how the Maxworx shifter pans out too. Going to stick with that till I can re-coop finances.

Does anyone have feedback after actually using the Mazworx supplied shifter? I've heard some hoop-la about the 5th gear synchro's getting worn prematurely and the unit being some ebay junk.
The tranny I got, a freebie for doing a motor swap does, not like being doing quick shifts into 5th at any rpm above 4k. It really wants a slow shift at 8k rpm with my K24a2
Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
foreverdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 05:53 PM   #766
Sr20-Vert
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
JDM S14 turbo cars came with this same ratio also.
I have s14 wish nismo 1.5 lsd how would I just change the gearing without loosing my nismo just change the final drive ?
Old 08-19-2019, 09:43 AM   #767
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr20-Vert View Post
I have s14 wish nismo 1.5 lsd how would I just change the gearing without loosing my nismo just change the final drive ?
correct. change the ring and pinion

Quote:
Old 08-19-2019, 12:54 PM   #768
slider2828
Post Whore!

slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
correct. change the ring and pinion
What would you do with a track only car? I did a hlsd with a 4.3....

Is it going to be a 4 and 5th gear car at like 90?

I still have my 4.09...
Old 08-19-2019, 02:40 PM   #769
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
What would you do with a track only car? I did a hlsd with a 4.3....

Is it going to be a 4 and 5th gear car at like 90?

I still have my 4.09...
4.3 is still streetable
4.6 you're gonna have a bad time on the freeway

Quote:
Old 08-19-2019, 03:37 PM   #770
Jorgs_7
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
I got the mazworx kit with brand new cd00a any reason why my 5th and 6th are so hard to get into gear ?
Because the shifter design is rubbish..
Old 08-19-2019, 05:45 PM   #771
slider2828
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
4.3 is still streetable
4.6 you're gonna have a bad time on the freeway
Cool thanks... Yeah its pretty much track only. I might drive to the track, but probably tow it when the build is done. Thanks again
Old 09-18-2019, 03:04 PM   #772
foreverdeath
Zilvia Junkie

foreverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the rough
Anyone know if the GKtech shifter uses an size OEM shifter bushing? After many 8k shifts with the Kswap it dropped the metal shifter bushing while driving... the metal bushing is to harsh with my solid mount setup anyways. The motor mounts as some polyurethane leaf spring bushings and the tranns is a Megan, nearing red line it'll rattle the shifter loose pretty quickly.

Old 09-18-2019, 03:28 PM   #773
Jorgs_7
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverdeath View Post
Anyone know if the GKtech shifter uses an size OEM shifter bushing? After many 8k shifts with the Kswap it dropped the metal shifter bushing while driving... the metal bushing is to harsh with my solid mount setup anyways. The motor mounts as some polyurethane leaf spring bushings and the tranns is a Megan, nearing red line it'll rattle the shifter loose pretty quickly.

Good question. When revving out my SR20 and CD9/GKtech shifter combo, I can hear the bushing rattle unless I apply a small force to the shifter...

I used moly grease too, maybe just not enough?
Old 09-18-2019, 03:44 PM   #774
foreverdeath
Zilvia Junkie

I only lubed the plastic part cause it was stiff.

I have a feeling its the same KA/SR/RB bushing but I dont have one to try right now.

Old 09-22-2019, 07:03 AM   #775
foreverdeath
Zilvia Junkie

I popped a use OEM shift bushing on the Gteck shifter it doesnt rattle anymore.

Old 09-22-2019, 10:20 AM   #776
Sr20-Vert
Leaky Injector

If I swap to a 350z diff can I use the speed sensor on it also would I just need to wire it to the harness or would I need the Dekota box ?
Old 09-22-2019, 10:49 AM   #777
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
If I swap to a 350z diff can I use the speed sensor on it also would I just need to wire it to the harness or would I need the Dekota box ?
Would need the Dakota box since using ABS sensors.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 12:14 PM   #778
Sr20-Vert
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
Would need the Dakota box since using ABS sensors.
I though the sensor on the 350z diff was a speed sensor not abs ?
Old 09-23-2019, 08:19 AM   #779
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
z33 diff has an abs sensor on each axle stub shaft. You can use this as a speed sensor to a Dakota digital box or something similar.

Quote:
Old 09-23-2019, 09:11 AM   #780
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Quote:
same same. Tone rings are used for speed calculation which the ABS uses as a reference to measure wheel speed to activate the ABS.