Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 07-02-2020, 10:03 AM   #181
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tron's S13 Hatch // PNW

Soooo if no one saw my IG and Snaps from last weekend, my muffler literally exploded at the open drift!!!! I drove home with it scraping on the ground!

Thankfully my friend David is a really good fabricator. He had a stainless piecut turn down exhaust (dolphin tip, lobster top exhaust) sitting in his garage.

He?s now officially my go to fabricator, he literally lives down the street from me! [emoji23]

Sound clip of the exhaust 2step

https://youtu.be/WmrRd6Y5s5U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmrRd6Y5s5U

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-02-2020, 10:12 AM   #182
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
Tron's S13 Hatch // PNW

Heres a few clips from last weekends Open Drift at Evergreen Speedway

https://youtu.be/GEKK1vrpFq0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEKK1vrpFq0

Old 07-19-2020, 11:56 AM   #183
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Saturday was a long day. After waking up at 5:30am, I had a long day at Evergreen. Knocked the KA during practice. I?m pretty sure it was oil starvation. Once I got home (thanks Jordan and Ali) I started tearing the KA out of the car around 9:30pm. Around midnight, I chugged a Nitro Brew and passed out under my car while undoing the transmission bolts. [emoji23] I woke up in my bed and turned a few wrenches. It?s ready to get inspected and hopefully all it needs is new bearings. [emoji373][emoji3064][emoji487]

Old 07-28-2020, 12:52 PM   #184
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

I forgot to post an update.

Motor was torn down. We found that the upper timing chain started breaking apart. Fragments of the upper chain was found in the sump. The debris got everywhere! Cylinder 3 spun a bearing and this crank got rekted.

Jim Heald torn apart the motor and started cleaning all the parts. Checked the head and block, sent everything in to get tanked.

We have a spare eagle rod, replacing the crank, oil pump/front cover, new Tomei head gasket, and I bought a new OEM Nissan timing chain kit.

That evergreen timing chain kit was most likely the culprit for this motors failure.

Old 07-28-2020, 12:53 PM   #185
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Couple of photos that Tim Newport got off me during practice. I?m thankful for these. My day ended short.

Old 07-28-2020, 12:55 PM   #186
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

We didn?t get the KA together fast enough for Villains Sportsland, but Nate ended up loaning me his practice car to run Sportsland. I was really excited to drive, this car is setup well for the 3rd gear entry flicks! I had a blast last weekend! Can?t wait to get my car out there for the fall event!

Old 09-26-2020, 10:19 AM   #187
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Tron's S13 Hatch // PNW

Just realized I haven?t updated my build thread since July after that summer Villains Sportsland event. I got the motor back within 4 days of dropping it off and threw it back into the car. For any locals, I went through Jim Heald at ALM. Patrick Healds dad builds stock car 240 KA?s all motor. Him and his team have won championships with those motors. I def trust him.

Replaced spun bearing, crank, rod, timing chain kit (oem this time) and had everything cleaned. Slapped a new Tomei head gasket on it and called it hood.

Old 09-26-2020, 10:22 AM   #188
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Also I bought a 2010 Dodge RAM 3500. My tow bitch loves it.

Old 09-26-2020, 10:26 AM   #189
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

We ended up shaking down the motor at Spirit Peaks. The oil cooler was leaking the night before so I got rid of that. The alternator harness plug wasn?t seating properly and we did an oil change.

While I was teaching the lady friend how to do donuts, the turbo manifold cracked in 2 spots and the t2 gasket blew.

Old 09-26-2020, 10:30 AM   #190
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

You guys probably saw this go viral. After I pulled the turbo manifold off to have the cracks welded, I said fuck it. I told my buddy ?weld the manifold and o2 elbow to the exhaust housing?

So much shit talking and keyboard warriors came out to bash me. Don?t care, I told my fabricator friend ?next time this bitch is coming off, we?re switching to vband housings and your making me a new turbo manifold?

Old 09-26-2020, 10:35 AM   #191
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Daniel Reed and I ended up borrowing Zach Farrars 2 car trailer. Loaded up the night before PARCFEST and hit the road at 5am.

We arrived at Pats Acres Racing Complex at about 10:30am. Beat the traffic and ate good breakfast.

Old 09-26-2020, 10:36 AM   #192
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Gotta include random candid photos from PARCFEST

Old 09-26-2020, 10:38 AM   #193
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Old 09-26-2020, 10:40 AM   #194
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Make memories dudes.

Old 09-26-2020, 10:51 AM   #195
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

PARCFEST had to have been one of the most memorable events this year (next to Summerjam) but I have to say I got so much seat time due to the low driver count!

All the homies were in the pits hanging out. I?m honestly sad that a lot of drivers I wanted to tandem with stayed at home because of the COVID restrictions. Oh well, I can?t complain over more seat time.

Old 09-26-2020, 11:13 AM   #196
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Looks like a blast! Turbo to manifold weld is legit..not the first time ive seen it, and it works lol!
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 05:40 PM   #197
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Fuglychuki91 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yeah man it definitely looked like a great time.
Fuglychuki91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 10:36 AM   #198
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Half cage with door bars installed. Also got front and rear bash bars fabbed up. My rear bash bar has a Jack point and a trailer hitch receiver.

Old 10-20-2020, 10:38 AM   #199
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Here?s my edit for PARCFEST 2020

https://youtu.be/hSqLqT3Mdv0

hSqLqT3Mdv0&fs=1" width="644" height="390">hSqLqT3Mdv0&fs=1" />hSqLqT3Mdv0">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSqLqT3Mdv0

Old 10-20-2020, 10:39 AM   #200
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
Looks like a blast! Turbo to manifold weld is legit..not the first time ive seen it, and it works lol!

it's holding up real well now! we'll see how long it lasts. honestly, i think vband is the move but lemme save some money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuglychuki91 View Post
Yeah man it definitely looked like a great time.

Old 10-21-2020, 11:17 AM   #201
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Glad you're out there enjoying yourself, KA-T's are crazy fun when you figure out the fuckery. That red corolla on sharks is spicy.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 12:33 AM   #202
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
Glad you're out there enjoying yourself, KA-T's are crazy fun when you figure out the fuckery. That red corolla on sharks is spicy.

Thanks man!

I just realized I haven't been doing a good job documenting recent changes on my car.

3 weeks ago a blew my differential. Ring and pinon left the chat! Cameron Moore sold me his extra welded diff. I had my buddy David weld in metal plates. While I had the diff out, I pulled a blow Z32 axle out and install 2 new (used OEM) fresh ones.

Here's my short vlog: https://youtu.be/y5E2nFL1yYA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5E2nFL1yYA

I didn't really take photos, sorry. I might have a few...

Old 01-02-2021, 12:55 AM   #203
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Here?s photos of the diff with the plates thrown in!

Old 01-02-2021, 12:59 AM   #204
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

While I?m updating my build thread, I thought to mention I recently moved to the Portland OR area. I got a 20x30 space to store my 240SX and tool box!

Old 01-02-2021, 08:14 AM   #205
Green Arrow
BANNED

Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow
Awesome! Love the style

There is a reason some manufacturers build the manifold and turbo housing as one unit!

Keep it up!
Green Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 08:53 AM   #206
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Ayeeeeeeeee welcome to Oregon.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 03:20 PM   #207
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
Ayeeeeeeeee welcome to Oregon.

Thanks man hope to see you around!

Old 01-09-2021, 03:23 PM   #208
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

I guess it?s time to go to top of the manifold? I don?t know if I wanna spend 2 to 3 grand on top mount right now. I just got accepted into Drift Week 3 so I just spent a shit ton of money.

This experiment was fun. I did it for the Memes

Old 01-24-2021, 04:03 PM   #209
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Drift Week 3 prep is now under way! I just received a package from Tial with a vband 63 exhaust housing and a 44mm wastegate!

Added a meme that came up in the DW3 group chat!

Old 01-27-2021, 09:26 AM   #210
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Robbie Erickson reached out to me and offered to build me a turbo manifold. I was pretty stoked because he lives close to me! I?m going top mount, so I?m converting my current turbo from bottom mount!