Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 10-28-2020, 04:37 AM   #1
Mishimayk

Trader Rating: (1)
Mishimayk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
s13 2020-21 S13 Swap

Hello everyone, I am creating this thread in order to start a discussion about engine swaps in order to determine which one would be the best for myself or anyone else who happens upon this thread. A lot of forum posts about engines swaps are from the early 2000's and as such a lot of the information is outdated. Personally, I'm leaning towards the CA18, as SR20s run upwards of 4 or 5k for a full trans+motor combo and it's plug and play on the S13 chassis. The only thing that is holding me back is the lack of aftermarket support for the engine. Let me know what new information there is regarding any swaps, (RB, CA, SR, etc).
Mishimayk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2020, 05:57 AM   #2
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
I'm confused. What do you want updated info on? The swap process is largely the same as it was 15 years ago, but now the parts are much more available and you can buy things like plug and play wiring harnesses. What are you hoping this thread becomes? A how to? A comparison? There are far too many engines that fit in an S-chassis for that.

CA18 is one of the least supported engines by the aftermarket, which means you'll probably pay the cost difference in parts between it and the SR20, or just not be able to find them at all.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 08:29 AM   #3
Mishimayk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
I'm confused. What do you want updated info on? The swap process is largely the same as it was 15 years ago, but now the parts are much more available and you can buy things like plug and play wiring harnesses. What are you hoping this thread becomes? A how to? A comparison? There are far too many engines that fit in an S-chassis for that.

CA18 is one of the least supported engines by the aftermarket, which means you'll probably pay the cost difference in parts between it and the SR20, or just not be able to find them at all.
I'm hoping to start a discussion that will allow people who are new to the S chassis scene to get up to date information on engine swaps. Almost every post on this and other forums are 10 years old and filled with 404'd links to parts that have been discontinued for a decade.
Old 10-28-2020, 09:01 AM   #4
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Um...
The information you seek here is not new. People have been swapping engines into their S chassis for the 19 years I have been around. And, get this, they're swapping in the EXACT same engines you named above.
Nothing you seek here is new information, and can be mostly located with a search.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 09:29 AM   #5
Mishimayk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
Um...
The information you seek here is not new. People have been swapping engines into their S chassis for the 19 years I have been around. And, get this, they're swapping in the EXACT same engines you named above.
Nothing you seek here is new information, and can be mostly located with a search.
I'm well aware, I want to create a thread full of links that aren't 404ed and up to date information regarding aftermarket and OEM parts availability seeings as a decade can change those variables quite a bit.
Old 10-28-2020, 10:25 PM   #6
Coupes_FTW
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Coupes_FTW is making a name for him/her selfCoupes_FTW is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Lmao my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Have you tried forza? Or some other form of virtual Ken doll you can mess with but will actually run (virtually of course) when you’re done being original and creating something “different”
Coupes_FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 07:11 AM   #7
Mishimayk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupes_FTW View Post
Lmao my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Have you tried forza? Or some other form of virtual Ken doll you can mess with but will actually run (virtually of course) when you?re done being original and creating something ?different?
No, but thank you for your input .