Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2018, 11:25 AM   #1
RVAE34
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
RVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Project z31 Z432 N/A RB swap

Hello everyone. New member but long time project car builder. I started with Nissan having owned a few Maxima’s and pathfinders early on in my driving. The first real project was an S14 Silvia conversion I did back in 02-03 with a good friend of mine. Then I switched to BMW which has been my main focus for the last 10 years other than the 72 510 I also built.

For the last few years, I have been bitten by the Z31 bug. Which is quite odd considering that I used to despise them. My dad is a huge Z fanatic and owns 5 immaculate S30 240z’s and a non turbo Z32 300zx. I had always wanted to join the Z family with him but the S30’s are just too pricey and I never really got into the Z32 much. I started realistically searching for Z31’s about 2 years ago and got serious late last year.

My original goal was to build an L28 monster 3.2L. But I quickly realized I would have at least $15k in the engine I wanted to build. I started to think about RB’s instead and took a trip to see my friends at Japan Parts Service. They didn’t have any RBTT’s but they did happen to have an RB25de with magnificent looking equal length long tube headers. It was at that moment I had the vision for my final car.

Even without a car, I purchased the RB25de, RB26 valve/coil covers, a Z31 5 speed and an RB bell housing on the spot from Japan Parts Service. I then started to source out all the parts for the build.

Raw Brokerage has been my biggest source of parts thus far. I picked up a brand new Nissan RB26dett head, Tomei 272 10.25 cams, Tomei solid lifters, Tomei berrylium copper valve seal rings, Supertech +1 intake and exhaust valves, Supertech guides, Supertech 243lb dual valve springs with seats, seals and Ti retainers. I also got a set of used RB26 ITB’s which I am sending out to EFI hardware to get opened up from 45mm to 49mm. Ordered an RB Z31 oil pan from Enjuku racing.

My machinist currently has the head and all Tomei gaskets. He is going to clearance the head for the big cams, weld material in the combustion chamber to reshape and unshroud the valves as well as a port and polish. All on the flow bench. He will also port the intake plenum to match the enlarged throttle bodies. The RB25 block will be bored to 87mm and I will be using a Nitto forged stroker crank, light weight H beam rods and custom made high compression 11.2:1 pistons. With stand alone, the goal is 300 RWHP with 10k redline.

I had been daily searching for a car and was dead set on an 86 because I love the fenders of the 87-89 but hate the tail lights. About 10 months ago, I found my ideal car, an 86 auto standard spec with 56k miles. But the price was too high. The day they dropped the price by $2k, I jumped on it and had it shipped to me 2 days later. I have begun dismantling it and will strip it down to a bare shell with all glass out for a full re-spray to Nissan Safari gold 920. I will also be badging this car as a Z432 and purchased 3 NOS S30 fairlady Z emblems and was given an uber rare NOS Z432 emblem.

For the car itself, I bought 87-89 side skirts with brackets, 87-89 front bumper and hood, grey front windshield trim, new T tops with grey trim, new mirror seals and a new Shiro Special front spoiler. For the suspension etc, I purchased the mounts to allow me to install an S14 rear subframe into this car.

I will continue to update as I go and probably left some stuff out since I just joined but have been diligently working on acquiring parts for the last few months.

Lastly, if anyone wants an RB25de head, intake manifold and crank/rods/pistons cheap, let me know!

Last edited by RVAE34; 01-09-2018 at 05:50 PM..
RVAE34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links