Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 06:47 PM   #1
supradeluxe
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
supradeluxe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
98 Kouki Price Point For Buying

Hi, I am new but have been researching for months and been in the market for a 97-98 kouki ONLY. I have lost alot of good deals imo from being too picky so I hope this one is the one.

Its a 98 kouki auto black clean title all stock, no crack dash, 150k miles supposedly runs great. What is it worth? And I do not mind auto a swap is a couple hundreds only and I need auto for daily so that is fine.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2014, 07:26 PM   #2
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
its worth $1,297.
anyone who tells you otherwise is a fucking liar.

if you've been "doing your research" then you should already have a good idea of what they go for.

the main question is, would YOU feel comfortable paying the asking price? doesn't matter what strangers on the internet say.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:52 PM   #3
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
its worth $1,297.
anyone who tells you otherwise is a fucking liar.

if you've been "doing your research" then you should already have a good idea of what they go for.

the main question is, would YOU feel comfortable paying the asking price? doesn't matter what strangers on the internet say.
And we are finished here folks...
Old 03-03-2014, 11:37 PM   #4
SamsonS4
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
SamsonS4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
subtle can't afford one anyway post
Old 03-04-2014, 07:45 AM   #5
aymaeid
Zilvia Junkie

aymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-knownaymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-knownaymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-knownaymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-knownaymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-known
2300 to 4300
Old 03-04-2014, 08:31 AM   #6
jlopez7354
Leaky Injector

jlopez7354 is an unknown quantity at this point
Honestly you pay what it's worth to the guy and you. By now you should know 240's are overpriced above market value Kelley Blue Book values my car at 1500 but I'm really sure I can sell it for 2500 just because of the demand for these cars. If it's in great condition though me personally I wouldn't pay more than 3500 and that's if it runs good and has good paint and interior. But good luck trying to find an original Kouiki for less than 2500. A lot depends on where you live as well I live in SoCal and cars tend to be a little more expensive here than other places.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:44 AM   #7
Sforteen
Zilvia Junkie

Sforteen is an unknown quantity at this point
I paided 9k for my 98 about 3 years ago.. 68k miles, auto. Had nice work 18' 3 peice wheels with good tires.. tein coilovers 300zx brakes and Hids it was very very clean.. add the cost of parts I wanted anyway and its not far off. Stock everything else..
Old 03-04-2014, 08:24 PM   #8
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlopez7354 View Post
Honestly you pay what it's worth to the guy and you. By now you should know 240's are overpriced above market value Kelley Blue Book values my car at 1500 but I'm really sure I can sell it for 2500 just because of the demand for these cars. If it's in great condition though me personally I wouldn't pay more than 3500 and that's if it runs good and has good paint and interior. But good luck trying to find an original Kouiki for less than 2500. A lot depends on where you live as well I live in SoCal and cars tend to be a little more expensive here than other places.
Really? You can't even find a decent S14 Zenki for less than $3k, what makes you think you can find a Kouki for round there? Cheapest real kouki I've seen in a long time was $4500 and that car wasn't that great of a shape.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
Old 03-04-2014, 08:28 PM   #9
Sforteen
Zilvia Junkie

Your going to get a turd if its anything less than 4500.. 3000 dollar kouki S14 is going to need work or its a clean roller with no interior.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:18 PM   #10
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Recently saw a stock clean S13 go for $7,500 on CL. The owner claimed the car was a "collector's car". Can't wait for the day I have to sell my 240's lol I'll be sure to jack up my price for the "collectors"
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
Old 03-04-2014, 09:18 PM   #11
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Buy a zenki shell 1000, drop a KA in 500+, components to get it started and running good radiator , tune up, fluids, and a battery 200. 1300 Kouki front, 250 tails. There you go you'll have one under 4k.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:07 PM   #12
jlopez7354
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Really? You can't even find a decent S14 Zenki for less than $3k, what makes you think you can find a Kouki for round there? Cheapest real kouki I've seen in a long time was $4500 and that car wasn't that great of a shape.
I got my Zenki for 2700 with 200,000 km I don't know how many miles that is exactly. the body is in rough shape since it spent long cold winters in Canada for most of its life but it still runs great. Like I said there are many factors when it comes to price if I were in the market for one and was adamant on buying one I would look out of state of upstate California since SoCal is where 240's come to die seriously almost every post the car is either beat to shit or overpriced
Old 03-04-2014, 11:37 PM   #13
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
A zenki with a front end conversion is not the same thing though. I'd say 3-4k for a rough car and 6-8k for a nice one around here.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:14 AM   #14
Felipe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
I would look out of state of upstate California since SoCal is where 240's come to die seriously almost every post the car is either beat to shit or overpriced
That made my day lol
Late Night Crew #1
Old 03-05-2014, 09:44 AM   #15
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
if I were in the market for one and was adamant on buying one I would look out of state of upstate California since SoCal is where 240's come to die seriously almost every post the car is either beat to shit or overpriced
You haven't been to NorCal at all, huh? California as a whole is where the S-Chassis comes to die.
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
Old 03-05-2014, 12:31 PM   #16
Aspire818
Zilvia Member

Aspire818 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sforteen View Post
Your going to get a turd if its anything less than 4500.. 3000 dollar kouki S14 is going to need work or its a clean roller with no interior.
Thats tru ive been lookin for months to find me a good s14 kouki
They r overprice bt lucky i found one for 3gs x)
In above good condition
Only problem was that it was auto and it had a gas leak
Old 03-05-2014, 12:36 PM   #17
Flyin_bryan

Flyin_bryan is an unknown quantity at this point
paid 6500 for mine all original 166000 miles real se car with window sticker unraped.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:08 PM   #18
aymaeid
Zilvia Junkie

aymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-knownaymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-knownaymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-knownaymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-knownaymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin_bryan View Post
paid 6500 for mine all original 166000 miles real se car with window sticker unraped.
no offense but you overpaid by 2 grand. even if the car was mint.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:11 PM   #19
sidewayzzenki

sidewayzzenki is an unknown quantity at this point
I picked up a dark green 97 Kouki SE for 5000. Clean Title, unmolested, BC Racing coilovers, Blitz exhaust, and 130,000 original miles. I enjoy every single moment. Once that key goes into the ignition and crank it I always cum a little. hahahaha!
Old 03-05-2014, 02:23 PM   #20
EatRice
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
EatRice is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by aymaeid View Post
no offense but you overpaid by 2 grand. even if the car was mint.
so says you.. what kind of kouki do you have?
Old 03-05-2014, 02:43 PM   #21
yzrider450f
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
yzrider450f is a glorious beacon of lightyzrider450f is a glorious beacon of lightyzrider450f is a glorious beacon of lightyzrider450f is a glorious beacon of lightyzrider450f is a glorious beacon of lightyzrider450f is a glorious beacon of lightyzrider450f is a glorious beacon of lightyzrider450f is a glorious beacon of lightyzrider450f is a glorious beacon of lightyzrider450f is a glorious beacon of lightyzrider450f is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Yeah, I paid $6,900 for my bone stock 98 Silver Moss LE. 120k not a ding on it.

Im happy with what I paid, a lot of people's standards on this site are far below mine.

I pretty much paid for a perfect blank canvas to start from, after owning a SR hatch I know the value of these things.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:49 PM   #22
Almosttt
Leaky Injector

Almosttt is an unknown quantity at this point
I paid $4200 for a 98' auto, 155k miles with front end damage.

and then I paid $4000 for a 97' auto, 103k miles really good condition.

I wouldn't want to pay more than $5000 for a stock Kouki unless it was super super clean factory 5 speed with like less than 100k miles... but I wouldn't hesitate if I had the chance!
Old 03-05-2014, 03:14 PM   #23
Sforteen
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzrider450f View Post
Yeah, I paid $6,900 for my bone stock 98 Silver Moss LE. 120k not a ding on it.

Im happy with what I paid, a lot of people's standards on this site are far below mine.

I pretty much paid for a perfect blank canvas to start from, after owning a SR hatch I know the value of these things.
Exactly I think my stardards are much higher than most as well I paided alot for mine too.. but people constantly drool over its cleanlyness
Old 03-05-2014, 03:18 PM   #24
aymaeid
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatRice View Post
so says you.. what kind of kouki do you have?
Also an SE.
with less mileage.
and it wasnt 8500 thats just stupid. were buying stock KA's here people. no reason they should ever cost so much.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:42 PM   #25
jewlz
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
jewlz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
picked up my no sunroof starfire blue kouki a couple months ago its in as good or better shape than most of the kouki's i looked at(looked at quite a few) from 4500-7k. and lets just say i got it for a steal. i am pleased..
Old 03-05-2014, 05:57 PM   #26
Sforteen
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aymaeid View Post
Also an SE.
with less mileage.
and it wasnt 8500 thats just stupid. were buying stock KA's here people. no reason they should ever cost so much.

Its not the KA your paying for.. its the car.

Paint/body work is expensive real kouki's are getting scarce. Jap cars rust easy as well... so if you find a 97-98 most people pay the asking price..
Fuck blue book, its a suggested price, not the end all price guide. NADA is generally higher, you think blue book bases there prices off production numbers at all? Not many made in 97-98

To get an original low mileage perfect shape car is hard to find, so people pay for it.. I did and don't regret it as i have yet to see a car that still has OEM paint on it that looks as good as mine. and for the price of paint and body work and the time saved in the process i feel ahead..

Just blabbing... Pay what you feel, the cars are an awesome platform with awesome looks.. you can do any pretty much any motorsport well with them.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:09 PM   #27
jlopez7354
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sforteen View Post
Its not the KA your paying for.. its the car.

Paint/body work is expensive real kouki's are getting scarce. Jap cars rust easy as well... so if you find a 97-98 most people pay the asking price..
Fuck blue book, its a suggested price, not the end all price guide. NADA is generally higher, you think blue book bases there prices off production numbers at all? Not many made in 97-98

To get an original low mileage perfect shape car is hard to find, so people pay for it.. I did and don't regret it as i have yet to see a car that still has OEM paint on it that looks as good as mine. and for the price of paint and body work and the time saved in the process i feel ahead..

Just blabbing... Pay what you feel, the cars are an awesome platform with awesome looks.. you can do any pretty much any motorsport well with them.
Try trading in your car at the dealer they don't give a shit about production numbers unless it's a classic car. These cars are only worth something to 240sx enthusiasts. They're great cars but all the hype in movies and drifting really drove the demand for these cars up. You pay what you can afford. People will always judge you and say they raped you with the price but if you want the car get the car and be happy with it. You can't really pinpoint a good price since there are so many factors such as mods Original mileage and sentimental value and retards out there who think they're entitled to not take a loss because they added mods and think you are supposed to pay them back for those parts at retail prices. I hate 240sx drivers lol
Old 03-05-2014, 06:46 PM   #28
Sforteen
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Try trading in your car at the dealer they don't give a shit about production numbers unless it's a classic car. These cars are only worth something to 240sx enthusiasts. They're great cars but all the hype in movies and drifting really drove the demand for these cars up. You pay what you can afford. People will always judge you and say they raped you with the price but if you want the car get the car and be happy with it. You can't really pinpoint a good price since there are so many factors such as mods Original mileage and sentimental value and retards out there who think they're entitled to not take a loss because they added mods and think you are supposed to pay them back for those parts at retail prices. I hate 240sx drivers lol
Dealerships wholesale then retail.. they dont need to sell cheap because they fuck you when you trade in older cars and there not buying a house or funding a pregnancy..

Production numbers do matter in this market, because

Real Kouki S14's are scarce

Being theres not many and there sought after all the people buying and selling are enthusiasts.. we control the market.. Theres not a billion out there being sold so you either wait forever for something you want or just buck up and buy it...

They might go down now that the skyline is becoming readily available.. However i think id still rather have my car over a skyline
Old 03-06-2014, 06:19 AM   #29
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
A zenki with a front end conversion is not the same thing though. I'd say 3-4k for a rough car and 6-8k for a nice one around here.
I agree, its not the same. However, I personally feel a 95-96 (if OBD1) is a much better purchase than an 97-98 (OBD2) car for two reasons. One, ODB1 cars are less of a headache when it comes to smog and mods. Two, the US-spec front end is ugly anyway - so you're going to do paint and body regardless. The difference is that there is much less paint and body with the Kouki as its just a bumper & lighting swap. I still however, would rather have an OBD1 Zenki *anyday*. The only thing people with 97-98 cars have are nonsense bragging rights over it being rare (yawn).

Quote:
I once considered selling my 95 SC to purchase a 97-98 S14 and couldnt wrap my head around the used cost similarities. Both cars were around $6-7k used. The SC was near a 50k car when new, the 240 was what... 25k? The difference of how the cars feel and drive is immediate. The SC feels well-built and the S14 feels like a cracker-jack box. Being that I never cared for the S14 when new, it all ended there.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:14 AM   #30
mewantkouki
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (36)
mewantkouki will become famous soon enoughmewantkouki will become famous soon enoughmewantkouki will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Paid $4200 for a 180k 1 owner 98 auto hard top SE last week. My car is completely stock and unmolested. Anyone asking more than $5500 these days for one of these cars needs to be kicked in the teeth.

I've owned several s14's my price breakdowns by year are.

2006 - 97 SE Cobalt Green Auto 130k miles - $4250
2007 - 96 SE Mediterranean Blue Auto 60k miles - $6000
2010 - 98 SE Super Black Factory 5 Speed 125k miles - $5500 (Came with 18" MB Battles / Coilovers)
2013 - 98 SE Super Black Auto 135k miles - $3650
2014 - 98 SE Super Black Auto 180k miles - $4200
Closed Thread