Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:06 AM   #1
Thmotorsports
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (28)
Thmotorsports is just really niceThmotorsports is just really niceThmotorsports is just really niceThmotorsports is just really niceThmotorsports is just really niceThmotorsports is just really niceThmotorsports is just really niceThmotorsports is just really nice
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Talking THMotorsports Redline Time Attack Build-Up, Progress, and Racing thread.

Hey guys.

We have been supporting Zilvia.net for a while now and try to help out with those pursuing their passion. We too are passionate about racing and building cars and here is one of our cars that we have been making some progress on.

Not sure how many people on here follow Red Line Time attack but we have been busy for the last year putting together a nice competitive car. We ran Sebring a 2 moths ago and experienced a ton of problems, and slowly worked them out. After that we went to a few local-to-Chicago track days, with mixed, but better and better results.

We took the STi to Autobahn Country Club Race track this weekend for a high speed autoX. Basically standing start HOT lap, and a fly by finish at the finish line. Pretty fun...great competition.

Well.....we had some issues. After tooling around with the ECU and figuring out why its not regulating boost correctly a light was shined down on us through the gloomy clouds.

We ran the waste-gate with the stock spring set at 1.2 BAR, instead of using the faulty boost controller which was supposed to be set @ 1.8 BAR. Instead the boost controller would randomly let the turbo go as far as it can. 2.2 BAR+ (not fun/good)

With a nice steady boost delivery we focused more on the driving. We were able to knock out lap times that were basically just as fast, if not faster faster than our competition did at Red Line Time Attack at the same track 2 months ago. We should be very competitive in the up coming season if we keep this up.

Overall a great learning experience and yet another track day to further prepare us for Redline Time Attack next season. We want this car to be more than bullet proof.

BTW our Ghetto lip is a new test in progress. ha ha...it turned out pretty good with lots of grip. We basically lowered it by about 3 inches to see how it would react. It did very well and we will make a nice non duct tape version of it.

Also front overfenders were finally painted and rear overfenders will be going on as well. Updates soon.

Thanks for looking...videos coming soon.

BTW check out THM Racing for some of the past event details including our build thread.

Adam@THM

Last edited by Thmotorsports; 10-04-2010 at 03:19 PM..
Thmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2010, 01:03 AM   #2
ino20
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
ino20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
once again great car nice meeting you by the way (im the black guy at autobahn lol)
ino20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:35 AM   #3
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
On the front splitter what are those support rods hooked to?
Old 10-07-2010, 11:10 AM   #4
Thmotorsports
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Thmotorsports is just really niceThmotorsports is just really niceThmotorsports is just really niceThmotorsports is just really niceThmotorsports is just really niceThmotorsports is just really niceThmotorsports is just really niceThmotorsports is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ino20 View Post
once again great car nice meeting you by the way (im the black guy at autobahn lol)
Ha ha...that was a quick Miata. Nice to meet you man...it was a fun day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
On the front splitter what are those support rods hooked to?

Through the bumper and onto some bracket...lol. We are working at redoing it since we managed to have the new lowered redesign work well on the track. Front mid to high speed grip was feeling very good.

Here is how it looked 2 weeks ago at Blackhawk Farms...much higher.

more updates form that track day coming in soon.

-Adam@THM
Old 10-13-2010, 03:11 PM   #5
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Yeah it definitely makes a big difference on high and mid speed corners.... Mounting it is not so eeasy though.... thats why I asked... 3" inches or less is the best.... like I said its not easy.... great job...
Old 10-14-2010, 10:20 AM   #6
Thmotorsports
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
Yeah it definitely makes a big difference on high and mid speed corners.... Mounting it is not so eeasy though.... thats why I asked... 3" inches or less is the best.... like I said its not easy.... great job...
Thanks man.

We are reworking it so its a little more pretty...but the height turned out great. Testing was smooth and as long as we don't go off and do some weed wacking we should be good.

-Adam
Old 10-15-2010, 12:12 PM   #7
Thmotorsports
Zilvia.net Advertiser

More pics of our KOGNITION DESIGN down-force maker

Chassis mounted.

Thanks Mike!!! (BTW we forgot to pickup our hats form you form Sebring)
Old 11-02-2010, 02:37 PM   #8
Thmotorsports
Zilvia.net Advertiser

THMotorsports will be at SEMA form November 4th till November 6th and will not be able to answer all questions right away. Please call us since someone will be here to manage phone calls and help you if needed.

For those who don't know what SEMA is checkout this link:

http://www.semashow.com

We will bring back lots of pictures!!!

email me if anything: [email protected]

Thank you,

Adam
THmotorsports
800-959-0145
ex2
Old 11-06-2010, 12:41 AM   #9
kognition
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (6)
kognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I just saw this thread!
Yup, i had to catch a flight early in the morning when i was out there. Had like a 2 hour drive just to get to the airport. I will send over some hats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thmotorsports View Post
More pics of our KOGNITION DESIGN down-force maker

Chassis mounted.

Thanks Mike!!! (BTW we forgot to pickup our hats form you form Sebring)
kognition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:35 PM   #10
Thmotorsports
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kognition View Post
I just saw this thread!
Yup, i had to catch a flight early in the morning when i was out there. Had like a 2 hour drive just to get to the airport. I will send over some hats.

Sweet!!! We moved just recently...I think you have our new address...but yeah.

Address:

THMotorsports Inc.
5631 Dempster St.
Morton Grove, IL 60053
Old 04-26-2011, 02:55 PM   #11
Thmotorsports
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Official Circuit Battles Viewing Party - Saturday April, 30 2011

Moes Cantina - Wrigleyville - 12pm-4pm

**All Ages**
$5 4-Rebels Vodka Drinks
Hosted by Moes Cantina and your favorite THMotorsports staff!

THMotorsports is celebrating the official airing of the first circuit battles episode on the VERSUS network and we want to watch it with YOU! Over the past few months we have been traveling all over the west coast, taking on some of the biggest names in racing. This landmark event is being televised by the VERSUS network, and will prove to be some of the most intense motorsports action on television!

Come hang out with staff and drivers from 12-4PM @ Moes Cantina - 3518 North Clark St. in Chicago. There will be food and drinks as well socializing. If would mean the world to our staff if you would come join us!

See you all SATURDAY
Old 06-02-2011, 12:06 PM   #12
Thmotorsports
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Some pics form last weekend at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana California. We had our STi geared up to compete in round 3 of Redline Time Attack but unfortunately we blew both head gaskets and were pushing a bout half a gallon of coolant a lap so we called it quits. Motor will be stronger and will push even more power once finished.

Old 07-01-2011, 05:14 PM   #13
Thmotorsports
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Back on Mr. Church's Dyno making more power earlier, and with less boost. Should be an awesome weekend @ RTA Round 4 Willow Springs.

more updates on FB

THMRacing - Professional Sports Team - Morton Grove, IL | Facebook
Old 07-01-2011, 05:53 PM   #14
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
word sux is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
you want to help me with my dream?

THEN GIVE ME A JOB!!!

please?
word sux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:14 PM   #15
Thmotorsports
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by word sux View Post
you want to help me with my dream?

THEN GIVE ME A JOB!!!

please?
Are you in Chicago? Send us a resume if you are.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:18 AM   #16
Thmotorsports
Zilvia.net Advertiser

We had a good deal of new issues at Willow Springs. Most were overcomed with hard work and dedication. Racing and development is a fun battle!!!

Issue 1. Low than zero oil pressure. Oil pump went down due to bad machining/shimming than damaged the piston inside.

Issue 2. no fuel pressure. One of the walbros in the tank died. We replaced it.

Issue 3. Knocking, hesitation. It was 105-110 degrees outside and track temps @ 165 degrees. Decreased the timing a tad and changed the spark plugs we were good to go.

Issue 4. Electrical failure. Car died while we had 6 car lengths over the K&N G35.

STi is in Nebraska right now. Cruising back to Chicago and prepping it up for all the local events, including but not limited to the GTA @ Autobahn later this year.

More updates soon.

-Adam@THM
Old 07-13-2011, 06:24 PM   #17
m1northreat
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
m1northreat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I saw your car at willow for TA. Noticed the front wing as well. How much of a difference did you get in over all feeling compared to just having the splitter? Was this your first time at big willow? I was over at all star bash. I ran redline 2 yrs ago and it's a shame to see redline go down the way it is. That event was so empty!
m1northreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:02 PM   #18
Thmotorsports
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1northreat View Post
I saw your car at willow for TA. Noticed the front wing as well. How much of a difference did you get in over all feeling compared to just having the splitter? Was this your first time at big willow? I was over at all star bash. I ran redline 2 yrs ago and it's a shame to see redline go down the way it is. That event was so empty!
HUGE difference running a front wing. Splitter is nice...but front wing is like god mode. haha.

This was our second time at Willow. Great track.

Yeah....redline....I know they want to see it succeed, but we can only suggest things. It is too bad.

How was the all star bash?

-Adam
Old 07-15-2011, 11:11 PM   #19
kognition
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (6)
kognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I hear GTA is around the corner. Let me know if you guys need anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thmotorsports View Post
HUGE difference running a front wing. Splitter is nice...but front wing is like god mode. haha.

This was our second time at Willow. Great track.

Yeah....redline....I know they want to see it succeed, but we can only suggest things. It is too bad.

How was the all star bash?

-Adam
kognition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:52 PM   #20
m1northreat
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
m1northreat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
All star bash was alot of fun. That was my first time to asb, went to chill with friends that were driving it and spent a little time watching rta from the downhill before turn 8. The motoiq wheel to wheel looks like a blast
m1northreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:32 PM   #21
Thmotorsports
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Preparing for Global Time Attack in Autobahn!!!

come out guys!
Old 09-13-2011, 09:05 AM   #22
Thmotorsports
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose071025 View Post
haha...thanks man...always a work in progress. It's all apart as usual.

-Adam