Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-30-2018, 07:15 AM   #1
Kviper52
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Kviper52 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Stock>”Drift”>Show(My S14 Progression)

Hello Zilvia, I finally feel like the car is coming together to where it can warrant a build thread. Ive had numerous S-Chassis’ but this is the one I’ve kept and loved the most. I’ve had this Zenki (Selena) for 4+ years but haven’t driven it but 3 months in that entire time. So I’m still sorting through pictures and want to tell the story behind each step so bear with me, my first real build/thread.

First brought it home back in 2014 super stock (minus rice exhaust and painted taillights),factory five speed, ln1 concord grey SE.

Took it to a drift event 3 days later (was just helping) but tried to make a few runs, didn’t go well. So I went got some markers and made sure everyone knew that it was the stockness and open diff that is making me suck lmao. I let a local drive it and we managed to get this decent pic

Next phase during my next work break haha. Boring start I know but wait for itttt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1997 240sx -Wife Car

My Cars and Their story:
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=657376
Kviper52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2018, 09:23 AM   #2
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Approved for now. will monitor to see if it meets criteria
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 10:22 AM   #3
Kviper52
Zilvia Member

Ok, took an early lunch so I could post more haha

That night after the drift event I met a bunch of guys who convinced me to let them weld my diff that night. Was a good time meeting folks I’ve known and hung out with to this day.

Then I started getting random parts, got rear coils which made me rake but I rocked f for a while,

Got front coils, side skirts, accord rear lip

Got a real Kouki wing a jdm silvia grille and badges to go with the skirts and a greddy front lip to tie it all together

Then got a grip royal wheels and qr set up

So just some boring basic stuff. Then I decided after no track or drifting really, I would NEED an SR to drift and that my perfectly healthy sub 150k KA and 5 speed wouldn’t cut it. [emoji854] I had (still only barely) no idea what I was doing. But I traded a 1967 C10 that I got for a song for the full swap fresh from a type x in Japan.

At some point I decided to throw some headlight wrap on it for kicks and giggles while it was still mid swap

I also bought a Carbon fiber fixed back seat, a Cusco bolt in full cage and crow racing purple 5 pt harness. I still had the intention of drifting this thing at that point

After my attempt to install and wire the engine, I got it to start and sound like it was running on a few cylinders. So I sent it to a semi local shop who put a fuel pump and did some wiring and gave it back saying that’s all it needed.
Pic from getting it back and in battles I picked up

It would run ok, and then one day I took it out to run it after a couple weeks, and it wouldn’t start. Put gas in it, tried roll,battery all the things I knew to do. starting nothing. So I was pretty defeated and I let the car sit for a year and a half.

Gonna make another comment to add to the saga with more pics

1997 240sx -Wife Car

My Cars and Their story:

Last edited by Kviper52; 05-01-2018 at 09:34 AM..
Old 04-30-2018, 10:39 AM   #4
Kviper52
Zilvia Member

So it sat in the garage waiting for stuff to happen, and I ended up moving so I moved the car to my parents house to store it. I decided before it goes there, it should detour and go by another shop to see what’s up. I went crazy with stickers and switched to z33 anniversary wheels also somewhere in the mix. Stickers prolly cuz of boredom with the car and only thing to do with it lol

Got it back from this shop, with the fix being a different fuel pump and battery, got a battery box welded in and an optima and a new aeromotive fuel pump as well as tucking my fender harness. And I drove it home. Thought everything was great except I noticed that the temp would rise to way over hot pretty quickly and stay there. Buddies and I tried and tried to bleed the system, I threw on an oem t-stat, water pump, everything. It freaked me out and I didn’t know what I was doing wrong so I parked it to avoid any injury for another 1.5years [emoji20] look at all that dust haha

So I started buying random parts starting with Weds Kranze LXZs

^car hadn’t moved in a year in that pic.

Very rare: JDM OEM s14 Silvia 3rd brake light

Very rare: oem optional s14 rear shade, quarter window louvers, illuminated door sills, interior lighting, and an authentic illuminated plate from Japan.

It was at this point I was like “this car doesn’t even run, and now I have all these nice parts for it,” along with knowing concord grey is a rare color I didn’t want to wreck this thing so plans started slowly changing from it being a “drift” car to maybe a collection of rare parts and make it into a functional show car of sorts.

Lunch break is over, next chapter when I take 15 later.

1997 240sx -Wife Car

My Cars and Their story:

Last edited by Kviper52; 05-01-2018 at 07:24 AM..
Old 04-30-2018, 11:33 AM   #5
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
All these hot boi parts making my pants grow
afishysilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 11:54 AM   #6
Kviper52
Zilvia Member

Still sitting at my parents house, I got a better job and bought a house in Florida (wife works there), and worked full time in SC, so I didn't get to see the car much. BUTTT I got a taste for ARC parts and my mission turned to start hunting them down.

ARC Cooling panel, radiator cap, oil cap, coil pack cover, induction box, and shift knob [emoji13]

Picked up some blue lens ganadors

And this nissan purple emergency flashing lamp. Rare and I thought would be super cool with the purple car haha

Sorry Zilvia and mods, I’m at the office posting so can only do it short bursts, due to time. More coming next break I take.

1997 240sx -Wife Car

My Cars and Their story:
Old 04-30-2018, 12:02 PM   #7
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
That purple light is a part I've never seen.
Old 04-30-2018, 02:47 PM   #8
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dude you have a ton of super cool jdm tyte pieces. Def in for updates
Old 04-30-2018, 02:50 PM   #9
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Im waiting for the dildo shift knob to appear
Old 04-30-2018, 03:18 PM   #10
Kviper52
Zilvia Member

Just got home from work let’s see if I can complete my progress up to now on this post. So I was collecting all these parts and the ARC coil pack cover is for a notchtop but I have a blacktop. So I did what any reasonable person would do and decided t was time for a hybrid valve cover. So I sent it to Royalty Performance in Atlanta

This is them picking it up, it looked like a barn find lmao

While it was over there I picked up a set of euro glass lenses from someone on here I forgot. (Got the ganadors and arc box from dynastyofmalice, and the coilpack cover from Bernie, and the cooking panel from alanroz on here)

Royalty did the hybrid valve cover fixed the cooling issue and I got a steal on a full aem gauge set up including a wideband failsafe/ boost gauge, oil pressure gauge, and water temp gauge. First was fabbed up straight then after I asked about it he was able to make the bezels face the driver, super cool.

Bezels facing me!

My hybrid valve cover [emoji12]

Jk here it is for real

Powder coated

They also fixed wiring issues that the first shop that had it had done, was grounded wrong almost burnt the car down.

And they also hooked me up with a stellar deal on a set of powder coated z32 brakes all around with working ebrake with new z1 rotors and performance pads.

1997 240sx -Wife Car

My Cars and Their story:

Last edited by Kviper52; 05-01-2018 at 07:24 AM..
Old 04-30-2018, 03:20 PM   #11
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

You got lenses from me? Are you sure? I dont ever recall selling you anything...
Old 04-30-2018, 05:30 PM   #12
Kviper52
Zilvia Member

Stock>”Drift”>Show(My S14 Progression)

I picked up a red dual cam slicktop manual window coupe, factory 5 speed for a pretty decent deal and thissssss is now the intended drift car. Got it with eBay coils and rep wheels on it, I traded a supercharged Previa I had for cash, 2 sets of wheels and a set of good tires for my LXZs. The wheels that I got are 3 pc, 17 in ssr Linea club sport vip, gonna throw em on the coupe.

And immediately scored a welded diff so I slapped it in

Wheeeelllsssss

Alright back on topic

The guys at Royalty did an AMAZING job and I got the car back a week ago, had to work in Columbia Sc so didn’t get to do much or enjoy it till this past weekend when I got to drive it and play out in the street.

Here are some pics from when I got it back with some buddies:

There was a meet on Sunday at the varsity in Atlanta. There used to be hugeee meets there 5-6 years ago till it all got shut down... so I wanted to attend the rebirth in the car I haven’t driven on the highway in almost 4 years. So a buddy of mine came over and we slapped all the ARC parts we could on, and the ganadors. But first the second ever car wash she had lol.

Also washed my “tow rig”

It too was neglected while the zenki was down [emoji20]

Got the everything on cept the oem jdm optional parts, the purple light, headlight lenses, and the ARC arc airbox. The airbox won’t fit without modification to my intercooler piping or box itself [emoji20] any input is welcomed on that front.

The car felt great and pulled hard all the way downtown to the meet. Met up with some friends there and rolled out with some locals I had the pleasure of meeting for the first time.

I think we are all caught up. The car is going to body work, then paint. And in 2 weeks I’ll be back home to start putting in all the other stuff and figuring out wiring for the light up stuff. The next stage is gonna be killer, feel free to comment, critique, whatever. [emoji171] y’all

1997 240sx -Wife Car

My Cars and Their story:

Last edited by Kviper52; 05-01-2018 at 06:59 AM..
Old 04-30-2018, 05:31 PM   #13
Kviper52
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
You got lenses from me? Are you sure? I dont ever recall selling you anything...

Did you used to live in the st Pete area in Florida? I swear I bought these from someone with the same or eerily similar zilvia handle

1997 240sx -Wife Car

My Cars and Their story:
Old 04-30-2018, 07:42 PM   #14
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kviper52 View Post
Did you used to live in the st Pete area in Florida? I swear I bought these from someone with the same or eerily similar zilvia handle

No sir, California native my whole life. Either way nice build, you def have been busy getting those rare parts. I see you
Old 05-01-2018, 06:56 AM   #15
Kviper52
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
No sir, California native my whole life. Either way nice build, you def have been busy getting those rare parts. I see you
My bad, someone has a really similar username then lol, sorry.. editing now. But thanks!
1997 240sx -Wife Car

My Cars and Their story:
Old 05-01-2018, 07:00 AM   #16
Kviper52
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
That purple light is a part I've never seen.
I saw it on a rare parts thread on fb and ever since was dying to have it, one came up on ebay of all places and i got lucky enough to buy it.
1997 240sx -Wife Car

My Cars and Their story:
Old 05-01-2018, 08:04 AM   #17
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
how are you going to have so many cool tasteful parts and those awful headlight and marker light overlays? Get that ricer-vaping bullshit outta here
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:28 AM   #18
Kviper52
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
how are you going to have so many cool tasteful parts and those awful headlight and marker light overlays? Get that ricer-vaping bullshit outta here
I have the euro glass lenses, so the next stage will be clean glass headlights, pull the clean glass from my shell and preserve my stickered glass as wall art. body and paint it concord grey with the grey "aero," slap the Weds on and figure out wiring to the lighting to the OEM stuff, and install a single din and wire up some speakers. Got some things left to do, but thought it was cool as it sits for a build thread haha. I 100% agree with you though, I was 21 lmao
1997 240sx -Wife Car

My Cars and Their story:
Old 05-01-2018, 09:58 AM   #19
Future240
Future Moderator

That meet seems legit. I need to stop slacking and get this spare KA I have in my S14.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:44 AM   #20
Kviper52
Zilvia Member

Ok so some stuff happened since I last posted

Picked up some new to me old as hell APC seats for the coupe

Dropped the coupe 4 inches in the front and back before:

After and also getting slip-ons to clear the fronts

A buddy and I tucked the fender harness at like 10 pm outside, so no pics of that. But finished that up and I rode out to Atlanta from Columbia with my dog riding shotgun in the racing seat.

Got back to parents house and finally both 240s meet

and immediately tried fitting the LXZs on my S14, the fronts didn’t clear the brakes but kept the fears on

While home in Atlanta I enjoyed my first Formula Drift. Didn’t get many pics but here are pics of the s14 when I drove it up there Saturday.

Continuing on another post

1997 240sx -Wife Car

My Cars and Their story:
Old 05-23-2018, 12:08 PM   #21
Kviper52
Zilvia Member

So I spent Friday and Saturday getting super drunk with a bunch of friends watching drifting at FD (can’t even remember watching the cars honestly)

Then came home late and woke up early to gather everything I needed and make sure I was ready for the event. I painted my brand new helmet, you know the important stuff

My buddy came over and we fit 2 sets of wheels and tires, 2 chairs, an ez up, 2 big low profile jacks and a set of jack stands and all my tools between his civic and my 240. I feel like that’s the proper way to do the first event, drive the car there and not use a truck [emoji23]🤷*♂️ lesson learned. But here are some pics of set up etc

In line for tech inspection,

We were then told to move the cars to under the canopy to be teched, I was super excited that I put the car in reverse and backed into Adam LZ’s 350z luckily it was a small bump and no damage was done so everything was cool and he was really cool about it. Pretty embarrassing oh well 🤷*♂️

My first run out first corner I went wide and hit a barrier and popped the mint body cherry, but I guess that’s how you learn by going hard in the paint and driving.

Skids:

I was taking a break after each run and calming down etc etc. but after the 4th run I wanted to get right back in line before I went to eat. After thattttt run, a local hero saw me sliding and came up to my car and asked if it was my first event, and that he wanted to ride along, so that run was 3 in a row, when I pulled off he offered to demonstrate in the car while I rode. He clutch kicked once and was like you don’t have a clutch, we tried running it but it was done, babied it back to pits and was hoping it was just hit so I let it cool drank some beers took a nap and then later tried to move the car and it would go in gear but nothing would happen. Sooooo yea that was that. Me not bringing a trailerrrrrrrr made it that much worse on Mother’s Day Sunday evening. Luckily and thankfully GMG And their head tech Allen Kerns helped me out. Me and George (gmg owner) drive to his shop 30 min away to pick up a car trailer and then come back and push the car onto the trailer. (Shout out to Ian Shelly and David Diaz for that help) The car is now at GmG waiting for a new clutch to be put in. Had a BLAST though can’t wait to go back out.

1997 240sx -Wife Car

My Cars and Their story:
Old 05-23-2018, 12:17 PM   #22
Kviper52
Zilvia Member

So then this past weekend visited My parents (and my car [emoji854]) I got some bolt on spacers in the mail and lowered the front of the car and slapped the fronts on the Zenki.

Also painted my ganadors and added all the stickers I got from FD. (Don’t worry I found a guy that will replace the stickered glass with my clean shell glass for $80 so I can keep the stickers)

Tryna find a job in St. Petersburg, Florida, so I can live in my house with my wife and have more money and send the car off to body and paint. Moving in July hopefully hopefully progress otherwise still continues. OH! Also found out that my power steering leak is full blown now. Used to drip and empty over months now it comes straight out. Idk if it’s the rack or pump or what, gotta figure that out now too! Yayy

1997 240sx -Wife Car

My Cars and Their story:
Old 05-23-2018, 10:09 PM   #23
yomisiu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
yomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kviper52 View Post

that was me, i sold you the glass lenses
yomisiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 06:40 AM   #24
Kviper52
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomisiu View Post
that was me, i sold you the glass lenses
WHOOOPPSSS I guess the color of the cars confused me. My b to both of yall haha. I still have yet to install the lenses and stuff, waiting for a solid body person to lmk about work to the car. If not imma ship all my cars and stuff down to my house in St. Pete and do the bodywork my self in my garage. Thanks again for the lenses!

I picked up a clean passenger door and cleaner than mine fenders from a buddy. mightttt grab the driver door and handles and locks from him too, and that should take care of 90% of the dents and stuff. I need to figure out that power steering thing first though.
1997 240sx -Wife Car

My Cars and Their story:
Old 05-24-2018, 08:25 AM   #25
nismo35
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
nismo35 is a jewel in the roughnismo35 is a jewel in the roughnismo35 is a jewel in the roughnismo35 is a jewel in the roughnismo35 is a jewel in the roughnismo35 is a jewel in the roughnismo35 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Did the shop that fixed your cooling issue give you any hints as to what it was?
nismo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:16 AM   #26
Kviper52
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo35 View Post
Did the shop that fixed your cooling issue give you any hints as to what it was?
I was using a stock gauge wired for an s14 with a KA. The engine was a s13 type x engine so the sensor had to be changed and even then it still read high. so I went ahead with the set of AEM gauges. It was running fine and cool enough the whole time I was just super nervous about blowing the engine up or something.
1997 240sx -Wife Car

My Cars and Their story:
Old 05-24-2018, 09:22 AM   #27
nismo35
Leaky Injector

nismo35 is a jewel in the roughnismo35 is a jewel in the roughnismo35 is a jewel in the roughnismo35 is a jewel in the roughnismo35 is a jewel in the roughnismo35 is a jewel in the roughnismo35 is a jewel in the rough
I have this issue as well so I wired put an aftermarket gauge in my top rad hose and I still seem to run hot (190/200) when cruising. I hope its just an air bubble - motor has less than 500 miles on it and has about 8 grand in the rebuild.
Old 05-24-2018, 12:29 PM   #28
Kviper52
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo35 View Post
I have this issue as well so I wired put an aftermarket gauge in my top rad hose and I still seem to run hot (190/200) when cruising. I hope its just an air bubble - motor has less than 500 miles on it and has about 8 grand in the rebuild.
How long did you bleed it for? We jacked my s14 up wayyyyyy high in the front and ran it for an hour and could hold my had on the valve cover, butttt the temp was reading pegged at the top.
1997 240sx -Wife Car

My Cars and Their story:
Old 05-24-2018, 08:39 PM   #29
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
When bleeding your system, remember to turn on your heater full blast so the coolant can cycle through. If you done this and your temps are still high, check for cold spots on your radiator because it might be clogged. Also, make sure your efans are blowing towards the engine and not away.

For your stock temp gauge that is reading high, change out the coolant temp switch (the sensor on the right) for it run normal. However, it's best to have a real water temp gauge anyways since the stock gauge is pointless.
Old 05-25-2018, 05:59 AM   #30
nismo35
Leaky Injector

I haven't bled it that long - I will try putting it on ramps and bleeding it. I had the heat on the 1st time I tried. It's weird the temps go up when cruising but if I slow down or hit traffic they start dropping. The radiator is new but I can still check that.