Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-16-2014, 05:54 PM   #1
xbl1nd
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
xbl1nd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Injector leaks after 3 new Oring install..need insight

I have an interesting scenario with my car.
I run STI 550cc injectors on my KA, One of them which keeps on leaking

I have replaced the injector O ring (Large and smaller one) 3 times now and it still leaks...

I am testing by pulling the fuel rail out and turning the Key to ACC...I have replaced the injectors in my other 3 and have had no problem...for some reason this one is giving me a headache..

Any particular reason an injector would still leak even with new o-rings? (NISSAN OEM KA/SR injector orings which fit the sti injectors)

Is this a symptom of a bad injector? I would hate for that to be the case since its impossible to buy just 1 Injector (sti 550 atleast)

if any one has any other test I should try or any insight please share...Also if anyone has a spare sti injectors or a decent place to have mine serviced, please share, thanks
xbl1nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2014, 07:09 PM   #2
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
There could be a sharp edge inside the fuel rail which is cutting the o-ring on installation. I've had that happen to me on a J30 before.

How does the o-ring look when you pull it out?

Also is the injector bore in the fuel rail nice and smooth?

Are you sure that all the parts and pieces to hold the injector into the fuel rail are there and in good shape?

Last, are you SURE it's the o-ring, NOT the injector itself that's leaking?
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:28 PM   #3
xbl1nd
Zilvia Member

Inspected the fuelrail, no sharp edges also the O-rings look new, not pinched or torn when removed.

The cap used to retain the Injector onto rail is in good condition, I am starting to think its my injector.

I have installed many injectors without issues (always oiled up rings and inserted straight in to help seat upon installation) but this one for some reason (which was purchased used off this site may I add) is giving me problems.

Any suggestions possibly for sourcing another injector? Anyone know a good shop to possibly send this one in for a reman? Or know a good shop/Site to purchase (1) Injector? Everyone online and many sites sell as a kit (4)
Old 03-16-2014, 09:04 PM   #4
Arrowking
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Arrowking is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I've been told Deatschwerks does good injector work. Never used them myself but they're worth looking into.

Also when I had injector sealing issues, I simply sized some larger, harder ones I had on hand to fit.
Arrowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:44 PM   #5
xbl1nd
Zilvia Member

Thanks for your suggestions racepar1 and arrowking. I am going to bite the bullet and get all my injectors services from Deatschwerks. I will update this post once I get them back and provide my feedback for anyone else who runs into this issue.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:26 PM   #6
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
so with that one particular injector, if you move it to a different cylinder does it continue to leak? i mean does the leak follow the injector?

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:11 AM   #7
xbl1nd
Zilvia Member

Brndck good point I haven't changed the location yet il test that tonight I thought about it but was hesitant since I dnt have the issues on any others but im going to try it tonight and post back

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 03-17-2014, 11:46 AM   #8
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Yeah my thought is maybe that port on the fuel rail is damaged? I dunno. Just a good way to eliminate possibilities.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:59 AM   #9
kruked
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (37)
kruked is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Long time, no talk.

Run over to boost lab and have it serviced. Side feed injectors are $25 to be serviced.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:29 AM   #10
karcrayetsy

Trader Rating: (0)
karcrayetsy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I will update this post once I get them back and provide my feedback for anyone else who runs into this issue.
karcrayetsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:48 AM   #11
kruked
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (37)
kruked is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by karcrayetsy View Post
I will update this post once I get them back and provide my feedback for anyone else who runs into this issue.
Are you lost? What are you referring to?
Old 03-19-2014, 10:07 AM   #12
94_240sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
94_240sx is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
How did you install the injector? If you can still use the OEM cap, you gently place the injector, put the cap on, put two screws and turn the screws a little by little on both sides, so cap pushes the injector down evenly. That's the best way to install injectors without damaging the o-rings.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:13 PM   #13
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
My number 2 injector was leaking like crazy.. Like prime the fuel pump and shoot gas everywhere crazy. I pulled it out and put some grease on the oring and it fixed the issue.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:20 PM   #14
xbl1nd
Zilvia Member

Alright guys update time. tested by installing different injector no leak on that port. Good news for fuel rail, even worse for injector condition. I inspected the injector side by side with a known sealing/working one and noticed a very small "crush on the part that connects to the injector tip (right above small o-ring) so what I think was happening is that center area gave more play where the oring sits which prevented it to sealing properly. So I made a little spacer with washers (to give more distance the cap would push the injector down to help seat the injector) and re tighten with the cap on to make sure it was being pressed all the way down, then took the spacers off and reinstalled the cap. Shit sure enough that worked. Seemed that little imperfection was causing the injector o-ring to have a tad bit more play and not seal. Sure enough I got it to seal and its been 2 days, retested, still no leaks.

Krunk, good input man I appreciate it. Once this is tightened up my car will be back on the road. I do have plans to running my whole rail over there for injector service and rail cleanup. I am stoked, my car was up, then I maxed out my injectors with more power and came to this issue but finally making more progress again!

Thank you all for your input! Sorry if my explanation on my fix does not make sense, if anyone has questions lmk.