Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-04-2011, 06:45 PM   #121
PNgo12
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (19)
PNgo12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
What are some good abdominal exercises? I'm tired of the crunches, planks, and v-ups that I do, they're starting to bore me so I don't do them as much anymore.
PNgo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2011, 06:52 PM   #122
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Phillip lol try this if you have a pull up bar, hang from it and just lift your knees to your chest and so that the routine doesn't get boring, do a pull up after and just repeat until you're done.
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:33 PM   #123
kaking
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Trader Rating: (7)
kaking is making a name for him/her selfkaking is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Crunches with the rope on cable machine. Can be done in between sets of tri pull downs ect...
kaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:11 AM   #124
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I been doing these
Weighted Lying Leg-Hip Raise
fairly easy with no weight, i havent tried weight yet , may try that next time.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:51 AM   #125
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
SuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Well the reality guys is that you do need to push your self. A good week of maxing out your abilities once a month and noting it down is essential to your developement. I was simply commenting on the typical noob comments always asking your flat bench number. Its like how asking car guys how much power they make while never taking into consideration of just how good of a driver they are. You need to push your limits in order to trigger the growth. Its the only real way to creat new tears i. The muscle which stimulate growth.

Abs: again..... 9/10 people should not be training abs. Also never use more than your own body weight. Same concept here folks... U like the pumped look your arms get after a good lift day? How would you like your abs to be all pumped and bloated. You will develop muscle there by training it pure and simple. The key to abs is having a SMALL waste there fore giving your body a symetrical look. So work on bodyweight and fat content. Abs are a genetic gift from your parents. Not from ab machines and cables.

But to keep em toned I prefer bycycle crunches and decline bench crunches and leg lifts. Along with a 1200 kcal diet makes em really pop for the summer pool parties. A probody builder from Russia told me "why do you americans obsses over bodyfat%?" "All that matters is how you look in the mirror" "eat less for more abs, lift harder for better physique.... Pretty simple...." this guy is a sponsored olyimpian contestant and a 3 time national ifbb champion. He has never had a body fat check done... He never does cardio and he never trains abs. And my guess is he around 6'1" and 225lbs and no more than 7-8% off season and way lower during show season.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:33 AM   #126
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Silverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Silverbullet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicidnS13 View Post
Along with a 1200 kcal diet makes em really pop for the summer pool parties.

1200 Cal is extremely low for any man who doesn't lay in bed 24 hours. Cardio should always be implimented in cutting. It's not so much the actual calories spent while running, but its the effect afterwards- more calories being burnt through out the day from having a higher metabolism.
Go back to whatever Honda forum you came from.
Silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:26 AM   #127
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

SuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
1200 Cal is extremely low for any man who doesn't lay in bed 24 hours. Cardio should always be implimented in cutting. It's not so much the actual calories spent while running, but its the effect afterwards- more calories being burnt through out the day from having a higher metabolism.
After seriously training for the past 10 years that is what works for me. Hell for shows I sodium and carb depelete for 3 weeks precontest and cruise around 1000 calories a day. Looking good and being healthy are completely different ideas my friend. And the theory of cardio causes faster metabilism is just that. It also creates a catabolic enviroment in which you burn more muscle than fat for energy and no amount of protrein or steroids will save you from muscke waste.

That being said... I personally enjoy running. I ran track and fielf in highschool and college. But do i want to look like lance armsrong LoL? Fawk no... So I keep my cardio to outdoor jogs and hikes. I still run a 630mile with no issues outdoors and not on some pussy ass treadmill.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:28 PM   #128
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
s13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I saw a very interesting study done with rats. As the have very similar physiology to humans. There were two groups of rats, one group they simply feed twice as much food as the alternate group. The group that was feed less lived twice as long.

Many people cant understand the fact that we might consume way to much food, even if it goes against what we have been taught. And of course every individual is different and should diet accordingly.
89 240sx hatch #933-the hot rod
91 240sx coupe #131,603-the daily

Last edited by s13dan; 01-09-2011 at 10:25 AM..
s13dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 05:39 PM   #129
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13dan View Post
I saw a very interesting study done with rats. As the have very similar physiology to humans. There were two groups of rats, one group they simply feed twice as much food as the alternate group. The group that was feed less lived twice as long.

Many people cant understand the fact that we might consume way to much food, even if it goes against what we have been taught. And of course every individual was is different and should diet accordingly.
So true....
Old 01-08-2011, 05:45 PM   #130
D.Adams
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
D.Adams is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to D.Adams Send a message via MSN to D.Adams
Can anyone give me a little insight on this

GHR1000 - The Natural Choice for Vitality

I have done allot to drop weight and gain muscle mass. But im stuck at 200lbs - 210lbs 6 months ago i was over 240
I work out and go to the gym plus i have altered my diet and cut out allot of things i use to eat and drink.

The build
http://zilvia.net/f/builds-builds-on...u-city-az.html

Owner of NVS Fabrications
D.Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:30 PM   #131
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13bdafocker View Post
Can anyone give me a little insight on this

GHR1000 - The Natural Choice for Vitality

I have done allot to drop weight and gain muscle mass. But im stuck at 200lbs - 210lbs 6 months ago i was over 240
I work out and go to the gym plus i have altered my diet and cut out allot of things i use to eat and drink.
Dont waste your money...

Give me an example of your weekly diet regimen.

Sunday-
meal 1
Meal 2
Meal 3
Meal 4
Meal 5

Monday-
Ect...

For 7 days... Let me critique your diet. I bet your problem lies there. If you dont have a real meal plan you will not get results plain and simple.

DIET IS THE KEY to all results!
Old 01-08-2011, 09:15 PM   #132
Wongger
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Wongger is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This thread has taught me so much. I guess I never really realized how much I eat. I have cut way back in the last 2 weeks. Started eating around 3000cal, now I eat 1500 cal (give or take). I thought I would be starving, but I space my meals out alot better. Haven't seen alot of results, started weighing 220-225, now im around a constant 218. I do feel alot healthier though
Wongger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:20 AM   #133
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
a friend's boyfriend. 3.5% body fat.
also one of the guys from the shake weight commercial lol
This dude is shredded!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jowE1ZCDRj4

Last edited by WISH ONE; 01-09-2011 at 11:36 AM..
WISH ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:12 AM   #134
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Quail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Quail
Quote:
Well the reality guys is that you do need to push your self. A good week of maxing out your abilities once a month and noting it down is essential to your developement. I was simply commenting on the typical noob comments always asking your flat bench number. Its like how asking car guys how much power they make while never taking into consideration of just how good of a driver they are. You need to push your limits in order to trigger the growth. Its the only real way to creat new tears i. The muscle which stimulate growth.

Abs: again..... 9/10 people should not be training abs. Also never use more than your own body weight. Same concept here folks... U like the pumped look your arms get after a good lift day? How would you like your abs to be all pumped and bloated. You will develop muscle there by training it pure and simple. The key to abs is having a SMALL waste there fore giving your body a symetrical look. So work on bodyweight and fat content. Abs are a genetic gift from your parents. Not from ab machines and cables.

But to keep em toned I prefer bycycle crunches and decline bench crunches and leg lifts. Along with a 1200 kcal diet makes em really pop for the summer pool parties. A probody builder from Russia told me "why do you americans obsses over bodyfat%?" "All that matters is how you look in the mirror" "eat less for more abs, lift harder for better physique.... Pretty simple...." this guy is a sponsored olyimpian contestant and a 3 time national ifbb champion. He has never had a body fat check done... He never does cardio and he never trains abs. And my guess is he around 6'1" and 225lbs and no more than 7-8% off season and way lower during show season.
I agree with most of this post, but theres no way I'd keep my lean mass on 1200kcals!

I may as well chuck my before and afters in here from a couple few back:

This was before I took my diet seriously:

And after a few months:

When I was cutting just before last summer, what worked best for me was to keep my calorie intake as usual, but limiting my carbs (mostly complex) to the first half of the day (and simple carbs around training). I lifted as heavy as possible several times a week, and avoided cardio (more because I hate it than anything). I dropped quite a bit of bodyfat in a reasonably short space of time. It was my most succesful cut to date (147lbs, 5'8").

I've been pretty much eating what I want and using the 'dirty bulk' excuse since that point, so my bodyfat has increased quite a bit, but so has my strength. I started a new cut at the beginning of the year, so hopefully it'll go as well as last time.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:00 AM   #135
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Mass? At 148 you could keep it and then some. Carbs will put on fat but induce strength. You have some definately good results due to diet. You definately need to trim your sodium intake as you seem bloated in the after pix. Sure skinny but soft. Cut out thr salt and carbs for about 8-12 weeks and watch the veins pop out. Sodium depletion is what gets me from 8/9% down to 4-6% for a show or pool party. Plus a couple extra compounds in my supplements LOL (eq for vascularity hands down)
Old 01-09-2011, 07:09 AM   #136
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Quail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfection
I get pretty good vascularity at the gym. Body fat across my body was pretty low, but I always struggle with the stomach (like most people). You think its down to sodium?

When I was eating before summer, I was eating <150g carbs per day, usually less than 100g. I got pretty good ab definition (for me) before my holiday, although I have no pics.

I know I seem lighter than I should be, but I push similar weights to friends who are much heavier than I am, considering my goal isn't to get as large as possible. I'd like to see 168lbs at 10% BF this year, although its asking a hell of a lot.

My training partner has a good 2 stone on me, although I manage to keep up on most days (other than back).

Old 01-09-2011, 08:52 AM   #137
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Yup sodium is your biggest issue. Keep it below 800mG per day for a while and you will see a huge diference in about 4 weeks.

Just remember a burger has about 1000mG alone LOL. Chicken breast is not so bad, salmon and other sea foods. Avoid canned tuna, red meat, and anything with a broth lol. Use olive oils and other oil based dressings for flavor. Use MS.Dash for seasoning.

Your abs are the last place to lean out. Its the 1st place fat stores are deposited. Vascularity should be at all times. My veins pop while im at rest. Abs show up around 10-11% for most males. Once you have a little more lean mass they will pop around 12-13%. Sodium makes you retain water which also keeps your fat cells larger. Shrink your water content and everything else shrinks. Muscles too... But id rather have veins on my abs then 18" - 20" arms.

Also it gets easier with age. Somewhere in your late 20's early 30's is where men peak development. As i approach 30 I see a huge difference. I bounce back into shape much faster as well as put on size much easier.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:39 PM   #138
itwillboost
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
itwillboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Not true at all. I know alot of powerlifters at my gym who bench hundreds of pounds over my 305 max flat press. But in the end of the day they still look like fat ass slobs. Heck i know pro's who dont even curl heavier than 45's ever.

Me, personally I train for a symetrical look. I could easily go on growth and insulin and become an animal but at my peak of 201lbs and 6% at 5'7" just wasnt working out for me. (12 month long ans heavy cycle of more than a few compounds) These days I enjoy cruising around 170-180 and 10% as its easy to maintain and I dont look like a meathead.
So true, I love weighing a couple pounds more and just being comfortable. I still look big but I am less stressed about everything having to be so tough between diet, working out etc., now I enjoy it again. And to the one guy, vascularity is genetic as well so different people are affected by the pump differently. Also you don't need to lean out your water supply to show abs. Remember the more you work them with weight the tighter they can get. The muscle fibers in the abs will react differently than those of the rest of the body.
itwillboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:46 PM   #139
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quail View Post
I get pretty good vascularity at the gym. Body fat across my body was pretty low, but I always struggle with the stomach (like most people). You think its down to sodium?

When I was eating before summer, I was eating <150g carbs per day, usually less than 100g. I got pretty good ab definition (for me) before my holiday, although I have no pics.

I know I seem lighter than I should be, but I push similar weights to friends who are much heavier than I am, considering my goal isn't to get as large as possible. I'd like to see 168lbs at 10% BF this year, although its asking a hell of a lot.

My training partner has a good 2 stone on me, although I manage to keep up on most days (other than back).

Just saw the pics of your partner... He is scrawny in the BB world. Join bodybuilding.com and look at the bodyspace section. 168 @ 10% is cake...

2500-3500 cal diet with 3-500 mg protien per day
Cardio for 45 minutes a day x 5 days
Lift heavy 4 days
Test / EQ for 12-16 weeks equals done deal

Or perfect diet for 6-9 months

either way very attainable with consistency in diet and training. That is the key here.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:41 PM   #140
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Just saw the pics of your partner... He is scrawny in the BB world. Join bodybuilding.com and look at the bodyspace section. 168 @ 10% is cake...
Good thing we don't try to live in the BB world then! You misunderstand, neither I or my friend are trying to be bodybuilders, or get anywhere near the size of most of the guys on BB forums. Shows etc aren't my goals. Anything over 13 stone on my frame just isn't the look I'm going for. Just a nice lean 12 is perfect for me, nothing too extreme (bodyfat wise, or size wise). 9% is as low as I'd want to go.

Last edited by Quail; 01-10-2011 at 03:46 PM..
Quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:35 AM   #141
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Bulking, How is this done specifically without turning into gut fat? Just intake more caleries while continuing typical workout schedule?

I havent rode my bike in a month so no cardio.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:34 AM   #142
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Bucking means to add on mass. To keep fat low you must diet accordingly. Add 30% cals to your Khmer amount. Then lift like a Damn Olympian for 12 weeks adding 10% cals and protein every 3 weeks. If your seeing fat start to add keep your calories there and add cardiovascular or go back to your prior calorie count.1-1.5 gallons of water per day is mandatory for growth as well as 7-8 hours of sleep for recovery. Remember you grown in your sleep, not at the gym.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:38 AM   #143
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Im very angry, I cant get my right bicep to catch up with my left.
the left one has much more aggressive peak.
Is this normal? are everyones biceps different from left to right?
This ish is all about symmetry my bi's are not.
my whole left side seems stronger the right and im right handed. wtf?
I need to jerk off more.

EDIT
answer:
Yes, this is almost always correctable. First of all, uneven development is natural; it’s actually more common to have one side more developed than it is to have both perfectly even. Having 100% even development (without intentionally training for balance) is about as common as being ambidextrous.

The best way to balance out uneven arm development is to use primarily dumbbells and unilateral (one arm at a time) movements.

Unilateral training can be done with dumbbells, one arm cable movements or unilateral machines like Hammer Strength iso-lateral equipment. You can even do unilateral training on most conventional machines by using one arm instead of two.

If you really want your bicep development to even out quickly, do a lot of dumbbell and unilateral training for your entire upper body, including chest, back, shoulders, triceps, biceps and even forearms.

caution: The most common reaction people have to unbalanced development is to do extra sets for the lagging side. This is NOT a good idea because you may end up overtraining the smaller side. This could have the opposite effect: the overworked arm could stop growing or even get smaller!

Last edited by WISH ONE; 01-28-2011 at 09:49 AM.. Reason: answer
WISH ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:56 AM   #144
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISH ONE View Post
Im very angry, I cant get my right bicep to catch up with my left.
the left one has much more aggressive peak.
Is this normal? are everyones biceps different from left to right?
This ish is all about symmetry my bi's are not.
my whole left side seems stronger the right and im right handed. wtf?
I need to jerk off more.

EDIT
answer:
Yes, this is almost always correctable. First of all, uneven development is natural; it&rsquo;s actually more common to have one side more developed than it is to have both perfectly even. Having 100% even development (without intentionally training for balance) is about as common as being ambidextrous.

The best way to balance out uneven arm development is to use primarily dumbbells and unilateral (one arm at a time) movements.

Unilateral training can be done with dumbbells, one arm cable movements or unilateral machines like Hammer Strength iso-lateral equipment. You can even do unilateral training on most conventional machines by using one arm instead of two.

If you really want your bicep development to even out quickly, do a lot of dumbbell and unilateral training for your entire upper body, including chest, back, shoulders, triceps, biceps and even forearms.

caution: The most common reaction people have to unbalanced development is to do extra sets for the lagging side. This is NOT a good idea because you may end up overtraining the smaller side. This could have the opposite effect: the overworked arm could stop growing or even get smaller!
I vote you just jerk off more... less science involved with guaranteed positive outcome and results.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk
Old 01-28-2011, 10:12 AM   #145
nikkisixx69
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
nikkisixx69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quail View Post
JLS comes to mind in this photo quail haha

good tips in here guys, hardgainer myself, been on a dirty bulk for the last few months and im starting to see results! not looking forward to cutting in april though
nikkisixx69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:21 AM   #146
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Deployment pic

I was able to get the data guys to upload a pic for me since were not allowed to upload anything from the war zone on government computers. im alot bigger now from this pic and more cut! i did this with out using protein supplents since all my mail containing my protein were stollen or lost in the mail system. the supplments im using are muscle tech no x9 pills and jacked three d for pre work out, and lots of tuna! no post no extra bull!

Last edited by lewisfk; 04-26-2016 at 07:34 PM..
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:44 AM   #147
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

WAtch the tuna...merc poisoning. Lol

I went from 185 to 197 in 3 weeks and I far as I can tell I haven't raised my fat percentage. siked!
I will probably start cutting next week until summertime.
Only bummer is I have surgery on the 25th so for 4 weeks after I can't exercise heavy at all.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:12 PM   #148
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISH ONE View Post
WAtch the tuna...merc poisoning. Lol

I went from 185 to 197 in 3 weeks and I far as I can tell I haven't raised my fat percentage. siked!
I will probably start cutting next week until summertime.
Only bummer is I have surgery on the 25th so for 4 weeks after I can't exercise heavy at all.
hmmmmmm 12lbs in three weeks.... all natural???????

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk
Old 02-26-2011, 04:37 PM   #149
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Actually probably
More like 4 weeks.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:23 AM   #150
HyperTek
Post Whore!

I now do enjoy sit ups.. I do them when i finish my work out. Once you start seeing results, you actually dont mind them. Before i hated them.

Now I typically do sit ups with my hands locked behind my head, do as many reps as I can, than when i get tired, i put my hands to my side and knock out a few more since the bodyweight is lighter when the hands are at the sides.

I tried inclined sit ups on my bench and was alot harder, im sure inverted would be even more difficult.

Would you guys say proper form and more reps from standard floor situps beats a more difficult/weight sit up with less reps?