Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:51 PM   #31
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sw20>>s14
join a crossfit gym or follow their regimens online...done and done...
Old 12-10-2010, 12:41 AM   #32
ddf2006
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
ddf2006 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i been going to the gym for about 4 months now
and ima hardgainer myself
but wen i started i weighed 117
so i started taking mass complex every morning and night
so far i put on about 35lbs and completely sculpted my uperbody and core beyond belief lol in my eyes.
i stopped taking the protien about 1 1/2 ago and im maintaining this weight pretty well
ddf2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:10 AM   #33
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
s13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The supplement thread is for people not taking this very seriously, or it would seem. I'm surprised there is not more "bodybuilders" with the size of this forum.

To further separate this thread from the supps thread, I am posting my trial workout schedule, and will hopefully be able to post results and modifications in a few weeks. Sorry this is my book on fitness. But I wanted to see a real body builder thread. I guess most peeps on Zilvia are tiny and happy that way.

THIS IS MY ROUTINE. I did not go to school for this, but I have done a lot of research. I haven't tried this one out yet, I will start prolly right after Christmas. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I work out when I am physically AND more importantly, mentally peaked. At night, that's just me, I am a night owl. (its 3:15am) I have a membership at a gym so I have tons of equipment too. Fitness 19, its 9 bucks a month and brand new, so woohoo. Also more equipment is available at night so I can have the gym to myself and work out will be more intense. Less time standing around. That is not recommended if you go to bed immediately after, it makes you sore and your muscles don't like to cool down fast either. I don't go to bed right after so no probs.

I will be eating a strict diet of eggs, fish, protein drinks, steak, fruits and veggies. Also a basic multi-vitamin and a creatine ester. Do your research there is many types. ALSO one or two times a week I will eat shitty food, a fast food meal or something. This way my body wont think I'm starving and in turn store more fan that usual. This is something I read, we will see.

The work out
7 day schedule, with one day rest and one "slacker day".
I will work certain parts of the body on certain days. I will only allow 60 seconds between sets. and only a couple of minutes between exercises. I will also try to not stay more than one hour. I will try to train myself to exert all my energy during that time. Most likely I will rotate this schedule after six weeks to confuse the muscles.

Sunday-REST, seemed to make sense and the games are on. This means I am not doing shit, all day.

Monday-SLACKER DAY I hate Mondays, so its my slacker day. My "Slacker" day will consist of whatever I want, but not trying to push it to hard. I will most likely think of what muscle in particular I want to improve on, isolate it, and hurt it.

Tuesday-CHEST For some reason I kick ass on Tuesdays, so I do chest workouts.
Overhead press -3 sets of 12/10/8
Military Press -3 sets of 12/10/8
Dumbbell flys incline and flat -3 sets of 12/10/8
Cable Pulls -3 sets 12/10/8
Isolate chest fly on the machine -Staring at moderate weight then decreasing by 20lbs until failure. Go home.

Wednesday-ARMS Chicks love big arms..
Bicep curls with machine -4 set of 10
Dumbbell curls -3 sets of 10 increasing weight
tricep pull downs with rope -3 sets of 10 increasing weight
Tricp dips -3 sets of 15 Or I might start adding weights with a belt
Standing 21's in sets with a curl bar until failure
Some sort of forearm workout as well.

Thursday-BACK This shit is important, but gets neglected because you cant really see you results. Improving back muscles will increase strength every where, really helps with core strength and bench press.
Shrugs with Olympic bar and weights -3 sets of 10 increasing weight
Shrugs with dumbbells -3 sets of 10 increasing weight
Lat pull down -3 sets of 10 increasing weight.
Row machine incline-3 sets of 10 increasing weight
Row machine decline-3 sets of 10 increasing weight
Lawnmower man with dumbbells 3 sets until failure

Friday-LEGS I want to be truly athletic, not just a meat head with toothpick legs. This also helps the entire body pack on muscle and releases testosterone.
Squats- 3 sets of 10 increasing weight
Squats on machine- 3 sets of 10 increasing weight
Caff raises- 3 sets of 10 increasing weight
Dead lift- 3 sets of 10 increasing weight
Something else on the rehab machines...
Light run to make it hurt.

Saturday- ABS and run. I gatta run, and running after abs helps to build core strength.
Crunches- 3 sets of 30
Sit ups with a weight- 3 sets of ten
Reverse sit up machine thingy we have- 3 sets of 10??
Weighted oblique lift- 3 sets of 15? with a plate.
Push ups -A few sets for the core. hehe
And throw in a mile or two. DONE

With all that I will also increase weight weekly. This way my body will think it MUST pack on muscle. Hopefully it will. After 6-8 weeks I will take a week or two off then change it up a bit and start over.

example of what and why to increase weights weekly.
Week 1: 3 sets x 10 reps x 100 pounds = 3,000 pounds
Week 2: 3 sets x 10 reps x 105 pounds = 3,150 pounds
Week 3: 3 sets x 10 reps x 110 pounds = 3,300 pounds
Week 4: 3 sets x 10 reps x 115 pounds = 3,450 pounds
the weight increase makes a big difference.

Class dismissed.
89 240sx hatch #933-the hot rod
91 240sx coupe #131,603-the daily
s13dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:35 AM   #34
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
Nice^
I like to group back and biceps on one day and triceps, chest, and shoulders on another.
I feel as if I over train biceps if i do back on a separate day.
The supersets are nice, but im trying it this way for now.
S13dan, is there a reason why you dont include chicken in your meal plan?
WISH ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:19 PM   #35
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

s13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enough
LOL nope, forgot to post it.. Great source of protein.

Good call with the biceps and back, I will play around with it. Might change it, you do use a lot of bicep with back. And activating your tri's helps with bench.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:51 PM   #36
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
well hell ill chime in since I’m stuck here in Afghanistan and all I do is lift weights and try not to die! I read a few opinions and most of them are ok, but make your goals realistic and start slow. Don’t go out buying big name supplements when 9 out 10 times you’re going to piss them away.( as urine) You have to work your legs, if you don’t you will never have the gains in your chest and arms! The reason behind that is the hormones, there are more in your lower trunk. Next is your back, don’t skip on it! Your lower back is the key to sculpting your abs, so put the time in and work them nice and slow! Yes chicks dig arms but chicks dig dudes who can toss them around like a rag doll too. I have a very poor diet due to the fact I’m deployed and only eat grade a shit from a bag or a box. I eat tuna sometimes twice a day if not more. The supplements I’m taking right now are NOX9 AND CREAKIC both from muscletech. There ok but the reason I’m taking them is because of supply. The military only carries muscletech and bsn, chose your brand! My stats are, I’m 66 inches, I weight 175 lbs ,and I have 7% body fat composition. My goals are to bulk up to 190-200 lbs and cut to around 185. My only hope for this is my mass gainer from optimal nutrition, and it’s in the mail as I type! I chimed in on this subject a few months back and uploaded a pick to back my claims! O ya no homo, if u search the pick! I prefer working each muscle group solo ex. Mondays legs: squats, power clings, hack squats, calf raises. Tuesdays arms: I work bi and tri together, WED BACK, THURSDAY CHEST AND FRIDAYS shoulders. I do abs every day, no cardio because it’s hard to run down the road with i.e.d.s
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:27 PM   #37
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

You said no homo its all good. lol Good to hear someone else that understands the importance of entire body workouts and hormones. Keep us posted if you see some gains, as you seem to be about the same weight as most of us. Sux about your food, I hear its limited to 3000 calories a day at the max.

PS Thanks soldier, don't get your ass shot off.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:20 PM   #38
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Doesnt one of those MREs have like 3k cals in it anyway?
Old 12-10-2010, 03:35 PM   #39
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13dan View Post
LOL nope, forgot to post it.. Great source of protein.

Eat chicken all day errrday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisfk View Post
’m 66 inches, I weight 175 lbs ,and I have 7% body fat composition.

Then you're one jacked motherfucker. How developed are your abs, upper, sides?

Quote:
I hear its limited to 3000 calories a day at the max.

Ouch, I can go through that sitting on my ass.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:40 PM   #40
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISH ONE View Post
Doesnt one of those MREs have like 3k cals in it anyway?
I believe one is around 1200 calories. I could be wrong..
Old 12-11-2010, 09:43 AM   #41
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
My abs are the hardest thing to sculpt do to the cardio issue, but I do have the standard six pack. With abs I’m going to push the issue during the cut! The reason with this is because high aerobic movements burns fat and sculpt abs but it also burns muscle. my main goal is to put on the weight and hold it. MRE's have 1500-2500 calories per meal but it lacks fiber,vitamins, and all the things u get from a good meal. MRE'S are so packed with preservatives it’s not funny, and plus these things set in a warehouse for months to years before they hit the war fighter on the ground. Good luck guys and stay hungry!
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:22 PM   #42
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Ok ill be first to post a picture
Give me some advice
5'10
I checked today I am at 158ibs
first pic on the left was from 7/09, I remember I was around the 170s. I did not take any before pics but i would say I been like that.
On the right is of a few days ago. Been working out for maybe a month I forget. 6 miles on my bicycle when I can *try to go for everyday* then working out at home.
http://i54.tinypic.com/b4gn69.jpg

Every day I can see my upper abs coming in. Will be working on the lower abs eventually but i think that should come in when i lower my body fat. I really want to develop my chest.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:25 PM   #43
nevertheless
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
nevertheless is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Ima fat ass now 187 Thats winter for me tho.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:16 AM   #44
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
Give me some advice
5'10
first pic on the left was from 7/09, I remember I was around the 170s. I did not take any before pics but i would say I been like that.
On the right is of a few days ago. Been working out for maybe a month I forget. 6 miles on my bicycle when I can *try to go for everyday* then working out at home.

Every day I can see my upper abs coming in. Will be working on the lower abs eventually but i think that should come in when i lower my body fat. I really want to develop my chest.
Sounds like you are very motivated, which is the best start. And your size and weight is good too. Your not tiny or a fatass.

Most I EVER weight was 183, and it was mostly because I was puffed up on creatine. Creatine does help some and it makes you LOOK bigger, but if you stop taking it you shrink to your regular size.

If you really want to bulk up, ride less and lift more. That might not be an option, I understand as I love to ride aswell. For you chest, military press and good ole push ups to get started. Also, how do you work out? The same everyday, or what? If you only workout certain areas of the body one day at a time and rest that area for the remainder of the week you will grow faster. Your muscles grow because you rip the fibers in them, then they scar over. So you actually grow when your are resting.

I'm 6'2 and 175lbs I will finish phase one of my new routine around Feb 15th, I'll see if there is any results. It will be the most serious I have ever taken my workouts, and most intense.

And this is what anyone taking this serious should have, A good ole cage.
You can do a lot with one of these, they are pretty cheap used. Fuck all those other total work out whatevers, bowflex included.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:21 AM   #45
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
+ 1 for the cage. Best piece of equipment you can get.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
revat619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:41 AM   #46
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

good progress everyone!
ive been steady at the gym now and taking it seriously going on a month and half.
ive seen some pretty ok gains. Last friday i got a good pair of running shoes, began running, and doingt HITT running/leg workouts.
I am 5'9 186 steady looking to hit about 175/180ish or stay around 185 with around 6-8% body fat which im no where near.
im glad someone had the huevos to post pics, because to be honest, i didnt want to be the first to.
Id love to have that cage, the next place i move to will have a garage hopefully, and ill fill it with equipment.
I will be going to back to fighting mainly for fitness and ill see how i progress in the coming months.
My progress (NO HOMO)

Last edited by WISH ONE; 12-15-2010 at 12:04 PM..
Old 12-15-2010, 06:53 AM   #47
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
SuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxed1 View Post
Most of the test boosters are bullshit, DHEA is a supplement that works, 200 grams of protien a day , plenty of water , sleep , Give muscle groups plenty of rest between excercise days, Don't smoke if you're trying to gain weight because it is a appitite killer, Size does not come overnight even with a needle in your ass.
+1111 for truth

If your a hardgainer like I was eventually you will be on the dark side...

www.elitefitness.com will be your friend for truth about gaining(naturaly or unnaturaly). Use there discussion board and avoid Bodybuilding.com as it is a joke.You want to look like a pro you better hang out with them and learn from the best. Diet is 80% of your gains.(no matter if you are a natural or not bodybuilder) I cut and bulk simply by changing my diet up. When its time to bulk I am up to around 4k calories a day and around 400grams of protein easily. To cut I slowly cut cals down to around 1200 per day or less and then slowly cut out sodium and carbs as I get closer to a show or pool party LOL

Anything else feel free to PM me
Old 12-15-2010, 11:56 AM   #48
reyes23
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
reyes23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to reyes23 Send a message via Yahoo to reyes23
^^^^idk about all that
ive
Old 12-15-2010, 12:00 PM   #49
reyes23
Zilvia Member

reyes23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to reyes23 Send a message via Yahoo to reyes23
...srry hit enter accedent. ive had friends take test boosters and trust me they gained muscle mass like no other like maybe 3-4 months youll see alot of gain..im just sayin that it actually works but i wouldnt do it look it up :TREND: pretty much cycles you know but im more for all natural
Old 12-15-2010, 12:03 PM   #50
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

maybe try taking an anti estrogen supplement, or and estrogen blocker.like EPI-Bolan

Last edited by WISH ONE; 12-16-2010 at 03:56 PM..
Old 12-15-2010, 01:06 PM   #51
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

I simply can't eat how I need to right now. But I will have to crack down soon.
Is 400g protein a day really needed for someone my size? I was thinking 200g at most, I want to be able to shit.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:10 PM   #52
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

i think im in the low 200's.
Ive heard of some guys injesting 400ish but they are huge.
It really depends on how you are training and what your body demands.
What does your daily meal plan look like?
I hear you thought, its tought to stay on track and time is a huge factor.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:18 PM   #53
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

LOL My meal plan is a total joke right now. I live on ramen and corndogs. I eat a lot of tuna helper and tuna sandwiches but overall I eat like trash. AND cottage cheese and yogurt.

I need someone to post up a good diet plan full of protein AND veggies. I wont go into detail but I eat yogurt regularly and I need fiber.

I WANT to eat like so:
Breakfast- Eggs and high vitamin cereal or oatmeal. Multi vitamin
Lunch-Tuna sandwich, veggies and fruits. Protein drink.
Dinner Chicken or pork, veggies and fruits. Yogurt for desert. Maybe steak.

I am terrible with nutrition.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:40 PM   #54
g-via
Zilvia FREAK!

g-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
Give me some advice
5'10

For lower abs:
-Leg raises
-Tuck jumps

I think lower abs are the hardest to get...
Old 12-15-2010, 02:54 PM   #55
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

SuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes23 View Post
...srry hit enter accedent. ive had friends take test boosters and trust me they gained muscle mass like no other like maybe 3-4 months youll see alot of gain..im just sayin that it actually works but i wouldnt do it look it up :TREND: pretty much cycles you know but im more for all natural
Test Boosters are wwwaaaayyy worse for you than the real deal. Take it from a guy who has been around the bend. Test Boosters turn to testosterone in your liver. So you destroy your liver as well as your natural ability to creat natural test.(thus small balls and weaker money shots but larger everything else) And all for a measly 150mg a week of test. Not worth it to take test boosters from over the counter companies. Anti estrogens compounds over the counter are also a waste.

Seriously you are on the wrong board to talk about bodybuilding. Have you seen the EMO kids with skinny pants and beer bellys walking around the events. I have veins larger than there biceps for gods sake. How they even manage to turn a wrench baffles me.

Check out Elitefitness.com and read there training, diet and anabolics sections. It will change your life as it did mine almost 8 years ago. Also watch the movie "BIGGER STRONGER FASTER" Amazing watch right there....
Old 12-15-2010, 02:57 PM   #56
ddf2006
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
ddf2006 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
one of the few things ive picked up on lately is the importance of rest, fluids, and recovery. Some people go to the gym everyday workin themselve, and thats cool, but the body needs time to REST and REBUILD!!!!! not enough sleep, fluids, and the right foods will resuilt in a loss of muscle. Anothere thing is wat i believe alot of people were mentioning, is to not only work one muscle group, every muscle uses another in order to function properly, full body workout is a MUST. And from trainers, they always say work atleast each muscle around 2 times a week to see substantial growth. Another important fact, is to switch up your routine, dont let ur body get use to the workout, cuz u will see a plateau (misspelled i think), one trainer told me "i switch my routine up everyday, i dont want to kno my routine, so my body doesnt kno my routine".
ddf2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:03 PM   #57
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-via View Post
For lower abs:
-Leg raises
-Tuck jumps

I think lower abs are the hardest to get...
If you have any fat on you at all DDDOOOO NOOOT do any ab training... Ab fat is the last to go and it is impossible to spot train. All you will do is make your gut larger. Abs come from DIET and Genetics straight up. Eat less than your body uses a day and wallah you are cutting. Eat more than you need and your bulking. Also do not believe that more meals equals faster metabolism.... Jokes on them... the only reason you eat more meals is to carb hunger pains when you are on a calorie deficient diet. (cutting)

Now if you are allready like 8-10% go ahead and train abs. But 90% of my probody builder work out partners NEVER train ABS and hardly even do cardio. Diet is 100x more effective than cardio.

Here is some real information:

Wavelength Guide to Bodybuilding v3.0

The goal of bodybuilding is to improve body composition by losing fat and/or gaining muscle mass. If total body weight goes down in the process, the method is generally referred to as "cutting", if total body weight goes up, it's called "bulking", if body weight stays about the same, it's called "recomping".

1 Cutting

1.1 Essential Rules

- Workout with weights about 3 times a week.
- Eat at least 1g protein / lb of lean body mass a day.
- Eat some fruit, veggies/salad, and some essential fatty acids (EFAs) every day.
- Above that eat whatever you want, preferably a wide variety of foods.
- Adjust your food intake so that the desired rate of weight loss is maintained.

The recommended rate of weight loss depends on your current body fat level. Generally, the higher your bodyfat, the higher the rate of weight loss can potentially be. The best indication for the rate being too high is if you rapidly lose strength in the gym. In this case, increase your intake and go for a smaller rate of weight loss. In general, a rate of about 1-2lbs per week is recommended.

Any cutting method that follows the above rules is close to optimal, any further details will not have significant effect on body composition. If you already have a meal plan, just check if these rules are followed and adjust if not.

1.2 Measuring Progress and Adjusting Food Intake

- Weigh yourself once a week, always at the same time (e.g. right after waking up).
- Don't panic if your weight stays the same or even goes up for one or two weeks.
- If your weight does not go down for more than three weeks, slightly reduce calories.
- If your rate of weight loss is above the desired value, slightly increase calories.
- The change in daily calories from those adjustments should not exceed 500 cals.
- After adjustment, stay on the new value for at least three weeks before adjusting again.

If you have never done a cutting diet, it's always better to start with more calories and reduce slowly until the desired rate of weight loss is maintained. If you stay patient, you will not have to adjust very often. With more experience, you will not have to count calories anymore, but as a beginner it is probably a good idea.

1.3 Unessential Factors

Since many questions revolve around further details of cutting diets, here is a list of factors that I believe to be of insignificant effect for body composition:

- Cardio and fat burners,
- Meal timing and meal frequency,
- Protein / Carb / Fat distribution throughout the day,
- carb / fat ratio,
- Sodium intake,
- Moderate alcohol intake,
- Use of supplements resp. meal replacements,
- "Clean" food vs. Junk food (sugar and saturated fat).

All these factors should be used as tools to make the diet as convenient as possible. Many people e.g. have an easier time dieting with eating more calories and doing cardio or taking fat burners. Some people like myself have an easier time without cardio and fat burners. In my experience, the end result (body composition improvement) is not significantly influenced. Another example is protein supplements. I e.g. use whey powder to meet my daily protein intake out of convenience. I could just as well get all my protein from other sources. A third example is meal frequency and timing. This tool should be used to reduce hunger as much as possible throughout the day. For some people that means eating 6 times a day, for others it means eating only once or twice a day.

2 Bulking and Recomping

The only factor that changes for bulking or recomping is that the rate of weight change X is positive resp. zero. All other essential rules are exactly the same as for cutting (see sections above).

For bulking, the critical factor is the value of X. Everyone has a different ability to gain weight with a certain ratio of muscle vs. fat gain. This ability is dependent on things like genetics, age, training experience, etc. The ratio will decrease the higher X is, but not in a linear way. The trick is to find the optimal value for X, where the ratio is still close to optimum. Unfortunally, this is solely a matter of experience. My advise would be to increase calories by 500 over maintenance and check if weight goes up while fat gains are still tolerable. If no weight is gained, increase calories again. If fat gains are too high, decrease calories.

For recomping (staying at about the same total body weight), just weigh yourself from time to time and adjust food intake accordingly to maintain that weight. You can e.g. weigh yourself in the morning and just skip your last meal of the day if you're above target weight. You can determine your progress by how much strength you gain in the gym, by taking measurements (e.g. waist size), or simply by looking in the mirror.

3 Weight Training

Weight training refers to intense (anaerobic) strength training in this guide. This applies to all three variants of bodybuilding (cutting, bulking, and recomping). There are many methods of weight training, a typical 3 day split program is assembled here (the numbers refer to number of exercises):

Day1: 3 x Chest, 2 x Biceps, 1 x Abs
Day2: Rest
Day3: 4 x Legs, 2 x Shoulders
Day4: Rest
Day5: 2 x Back, 2 x Triceps, 1 x Traps, 1 x Abs
Day6: Rest
Day7: Rest

For each exercise, do one light warmup set, then go up with the weight on the next 2-3 sets, and do one or two heavy sets to failure or close to failure. For the smaller exercises (e.g. biceps), the number of sets can also only be 3-4 though. Repetition numbers should be in the range of 15-6. For the exercises one could e.g. do (in the above order):

3 x Chest: BB Presses, DB Incline Presses, Dips
2 x Biceps: DB Curls, Concentration/Cable Curls
1 x Abs: Situps
4 x Legs: Squats or Leg Presses, Leg Extensions, Leg Curls, Calf Raises
2 x Shoulders: DB presses, Seated Rear Lateral DB Raises
2 x Back: Pullups, Cable Pulldowns
2 x Triceps: Skull Crushers, Cable Pushdowns
1 x Traps: DB Shrugs
1 x Abs: Leg Raises

These are of course only examples, there are plenty of other exercises that can be used as replacements. There are also plenty of other workout plans such as HST, German Volume Training, etc. What's most important is that the training is intense and that all major muscle groups are involved throughout the week.

4 Psychological Tips and Tricks

- It is possible that you will not "see" changes in the mirror unless your bodyfat is rather low. Don't panic, as long as the rules are followed, everything is right on track.

- If at all, only assess your physique right after a workout. At other times it's too dependent on water retention, and the mind will play tricks on you (telling you your progress sucks, etc.).

- Have a cheat/pig-out day once in a while, where you eat what you want. I had one every week on my last diet. Don't feel guilty about it, as long as the rules are still followed (total intake still leads to the desired rate of weight change), everything is allright.

- Don't take the whole thing too serious. It's better to not care about it so much. See it more as being the coach of another person, rather than yourself.

5 Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I determine how much calories I should consume?
A: You can just go by what you currently eat and reduce from there as described in the guide. Alternativiely, use a calorie calculator like the "Total Metabolism Forecaster", see link section.

Q: Is it important to get the same amount of calories resp. macros every day?
A: No, it's OK to eat a little less one day and more the next.

Q: How do I determine my lean body mass for calculating my protein intake?
A: You have to take your total body weight and subtract your fat weight. If you e.g. weigh 200lbs and your bodyfat is 20% (=40lbs), your lean body mass is 200lbs - 40lbs = 160lbs. If you don't know your bodyfat, just take a guess. When in doubt, just eat a little more. However, if for some reason, you can't eat as much protein, just eat a little less, most people will still do fine.

Q: Does it matter where I get my protein from and what are good protein sources?
A: Generally, it does not matter. You can get your protein from meat, fish, eggs, cheese, protein powder, etc. Although there are differences in quality (regarding muscle sparing effect), they can easily be made up for with just a little more quantity.

Q: I work out less/more than 3 times a week, is that OK?
A: Yes, as long as all other essential rules are followed. Some people get away with less, some do better on more.

Q: I lost a lot of weight in the first few weeks but weight loss has slowed down, why?
A: The initial weight loss was probably mostly water loss. Stay at the current intake for at least another 3 weeks. If weight loss stalls, slightly reduce calories as described in the guide.

Q: What about keto diets?
A: Principally, keto diets (very low carb diets), as long as they follow all rules, would be fine. IMO, some people have a problem preserving muscle mass on a keto diet. For other people it works great. I don't think keto diets provide a significant advantage other than maybe being more convenient for some people.

Q: What about post workout nutrition?
A: I would not intentionally starve myself of protein after a workout. A meal containing some protein or a shake is perfectly fine.

Q: Apart from body composition, what about health?
A: First of all, it is important to distinguish between the goal of optimal body composition and the goal of optimal health. For the former, the guide provides all essential rules. For the latter, opinions vary a lot between experts and over time (see e.g. saturated fat, GI, food processing, cholesterol, etc.). Therefore, IMO the best way to go is to eat a wide variety of foods.

Q: How can I lose fat in certain areas of my body?
A: Although there are theories that spot reduction is possible to a certain degree, generally IMO it's not feasible. You can only reduce overall bodyfat and wait for the problem areas to come in.

Q: What exactly is your diet?
A: My cutting diet is somewhat extreme (see Links section). For bulking, I add a meal or two. That's just the most convenient way for me. However, every other diet that follows the essential rules is also perfectly OK.

Q: Should I eat differently on workout days than on off days?
A: That's not necessary, but if you're hungrier on workout days, you can eat a little more (out of convenience).

Q: Does this guide also work for girls?
A: Of course!

6 Links

How to lose fat for Noobs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=113693871
How to lose fat for Noobs part 2: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=127867323
Wavelength Cutting Diet: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...1&postcount=33
Total Metabolism Forecaster: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=114980801
Minimum Nutritional Requirements: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=113310851
Old 12-15-2010, 03:09 PM   #58
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Here is my daily diet example:

5am- peanut butter on whole wheat + 50g protein no carb shake (400 kcals total)

9am- tuna salad packet (90kcals and 23g protein)

12pm - tuna or similar(90 cals)

3pm- chicken breast and white rice (brown rice is gross to me) 450kcals

8pm- family dinner - usually around 500kcals+

10pm- bedtime protein shake (50g - 100kcal)

This is a maintenance diet for me..

If you arent counting calories your arent making progress..... PLain and simple!!!
Results are based on simple mathematical formulas based on your own body weight.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:12 PM   #59
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Before you ask I might as well answer... No, I am not a natural body builder and never will be again..... My favorite supplement stack is:

Test Cypianate, EQ for 24 weeks at 500mg each per week with dbol as a kick start. And once Im in my mid to late thirties it will be prescribed to me.... Sooo excited for this....
Old 12-15-2010, 03:49 PM   #60
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

^ this shit almost made my brain explode!

Quote:
LOL My meal plan is a total joke right now. I live on ramen and corndogs. I eat a lot of tuna helper and tuna sandwiches but overall I eat like trash. AND cottage cheese and yogurt.

I need someone to post up a good diet plan full of protein AND veggies. I wont go into detail but I eat yogurt regularly and I need fiber.

I WANT to eat like so:
Breakfast- Eggs and high vitamin cereal or oatmeal. Multi vitamin
Lunch-Tuna sandwich, veggies and fruits. Protein drink.
Dinner Chicken or pork, veggies and fruits. Yogurt for desert. Maybe steak.

I am terrible with nutrition.
For me the inteded plan is usually this,
a combination of some of these foods per meal.
7am-oatmeal/yogurt/whole wheat toast/eggs/ always protein shake.
8am coffee/green tea
10am- raw almonds/hard boiled eggs/apple/banana/a scoop of protein/bar
12pm-chicken breast/veggies/turkey burger/lean ground beef patty/occassional subway.
3pm-snack time same as 10am
6pm is usually when im getting ready for the gym and like to eat carbs roughly an hour before I go.
Sometimes I eat applesauce and oatmeal mixed together and Ill have my preworkout(Lean Rev) 15minutes before.
right after the gym I usually have a banana,my shake and then drive home to make dinner which is usually some variation of chicken breast and veggies and happens around 8ish.
right before bed I eat another scoop of protein and drink water and crash. Ive cut down my alcohol consumption from 100%(all the time)to 1% lol, which means the only time I have a drink is maybe on the weekends if take a sip of my girlfriends beer or something, but that doesnt really happen often.
Overall i try to stay within that meal plan but as you know, it doesnt always happen.
Im in process of a meal plan redesign haha.

Ifound this randomly this is an example of a Keto diet
Meal 1: Meal 2: Meal 3: Meal 4: Meal 5: Meal 6: Meal 7: