Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 06-12-2009, 08:54 PM   #61
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Skid stops
Old 06-12-2009, 10:14 PM   #62
spoolandslide
Zilvia FREAK!

Location: lost in a bump splice in the fabric of our clockwork
Trader Rating: (12)
spoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
haha 'trendy'

-pants so tight their legs shrink in width but grow in height
-wearing blue knit beanies on the back of their heads
-flannels
-vans
-different colored fixies parked outside san fran state in rainbow order (roygbiv)
-Virginia slim cigarettes
-sex in public places
-no socks ever
-watches on both wrists
-growing out that pathetic excuse for facial hair

are we speaking of the same people who now all ride fixies because of the many different possible color combinations?

*although there is an element of danger in the situation that makes you stop wondering if they have balls in those denim tights and start wondering if they are bigger than yours because both you and i know that there is no way in hell that either of us is about to go cruise down to fisherman's wharf with no brakes, although with stupidity often comes dangerous situations so its really a toss up

final decision to be judged by a flip of my u.s. quarter from 1984
brave and cool / dumb and trendy
spoolandslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:22 PM   #63
west$lide
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
west$lide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to west$lide
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUFFM4N View Post
yeah i know...its just the image thats come with it lately...i find it more fun to just ride by yourself and not fall into the "image" of riding a fixed gear
know what you mean....it only takes a few to influence any on-lookers. usually those few are douches too lol :ghey::ghey:
Old 06-12-2009, 10:31 PM   #64
west$lide
Leaky Injector

HELLZ YEAH!! MATCH SPRINT FTmuthaeffingW!
Old 06-12-2009, 10:31 PM   #65
S14Cuhh
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
S14Cuhh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to S14Cuhh
does anyone here actually ride on the track?
i go to home depot center once in a while in carson..anyone else race?
S14Cuhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:35 PM   #66
west$lide
Leaky Injector

Quote:
kilo-tt is a good route to start off with as well, i woulda got that, if i wasnt such a fan of SE (plus $200 for a complete single speed is super cheap)
Bikesdirect.com is a dope spot for cheap bikes. They are a distributor of bikes to a lot of shops. I ordered a Windsor (Kilos were sold out) and it came pretty much assembled and in less than a week. Just over 300 bucks w/ shipping, can't beat that. Really good communication too
Old 06-13-2009, 12:41 AM   #67
DrftSLowHomIe!!
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
DrftSLowHomIe!! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
ultra hypocrite moment in 3, 2, 1

i own a singlespeed mountain bike. not a fixie, but a singlespeed. i converted it myself. i have a decent y-frame that i trail ride, but i wanted something to beat the shit out of around my neighborhood for exercise, without mangling my good bike. and yes, it is great exercise
wow thats all i wanted to hear lol, the only reason i really want a bike is just for the extra exercise i'll get from it
DrftSLowHomIe!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 03:11 AM   #68
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrftSLowHomIe!! View Post
Bike Snob NYC: Worst of NYC Craigslist Bike Ads, #3
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:51 PM   #69
rainier
Nissanaholic!

rainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to rainier
if you're really looking for something good, don't get the SE draft. its heavy, has cheap components, wheels are free/free, and random other junk that you dont need to start out with

spend a bit more on the Windsor hour @ Bikes & Bicycles - Mountain, Road, CycloCross, Hybrid and Comfort bikes from bikesdirect.com for 299 shipped. its an actual track frame with semi good parts already on it.

its way worth it.

or if your looking for any parts, message me. i've got all the little things you'll need to build a bike except bottom brackets

rainier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 01:06 PM   #70
DUFFM4N
Post Whore!

Location: Southern California...where i stretch out haters like a bad thong
Trader Rating: (40)
DUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DUFFM4N Send a message via Yahoo to DUFFM4N
^same review pretty much that i read from other peopls experiences...but its not TOO heavy for me, but just personally id rather have a stronger (and if that means heavier) frame, just because im not a small guy

but for the OP, just like mentioned a few times...Kilo TT or Windsor are both great platforms to start with, i went a different route just because of the price/heavier/stronger frame for me and being a fan of SE bikes

things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who HUSTLE

CLICK HERE FOR MY BLOG
DUFFM4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 01:08 PM   #71
shishcabobers
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
shishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Real men ride track bikes. jk I prefer track bikes over converted, if ever.
Old 06-13-2009, 01:50 PM   #72
supportTHEezln
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
supportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to supportTHEezln
Here is my bike:

I think like many people, I prefer to pick each part, rather than buy complete.
It's definitely more expensive, but meh.
supportTHEezln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 02:14 PM   #73
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
hipsters all of you
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 02:48 PM   #74
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
How do you do barspins with that front brake?
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 02:53 PM   #75
lflkajfj12123

lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
very carefully.
Old 06-13-2009, 02:55 PM   #76
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Too Many Skinny Jeans
Old 06-13-2009, 02:57 PM   #77
Matej
Post Whore!

Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
My jagged pedals cut through my Toms shoes.
Old 06-13-2009, 03:35 PM   #78
lflkajfj12123

my boat shoes are all fucked from locking the pedals
Old 06-13-2009, 03:45 PM   #79
4DOOR_LIFE
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i could understand rolling up your pant leg if you wear really loose pants. but when i see guys with rolled up skinnys or slim straights, i just find it lame. i know so many people who use to be in to cars and now do fixies. or still have their car, but rather be mega trendy and waste money on their fixie.

if you guys wanna see the biggest group of trendy kids, go to a honda-tech meet. hypebeast,hipsters, hyphy kids, fan boys, etc. nothing but bright colored outfits with big letters and fixies to match. why do people choose to stay with the pack and not try to be ahead?

well time to go back to work....i'll probably see a bunch of trendy kids too.hahahaha. ( Urban Outfitters)
4DOOR_LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 04:39 PM   #80
DrftSLowHomIe!!
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainier
if you're really looking for something good, don't get the SE draft. its heavy, has cheap components, wheels are free/free, and random other junk that you dont need to start out with

spend a bit more on the Windsor hour @ Bikes & Bicycles - Mountain, Road, CycloCross, Hybrid and Comfort bikes from bikesdirect.com for 299 shipped. its an actual track frame with semi good parts already on it.

its way worth it.

or if your looking for any parts, message me. i've got all the little things you'll need to build a bike except bottom brackets

Quote:
^same review pretty much that i read from other peopls experiences...but its not TOO heavy for me, but just personally id rather have a stronger (and if that means heavier) frame, just because im not a small guy

but for the OP, just like mentioned a few times...Kilo TT or Windsor are both great platforms to start with, i went a different route just because of the price/heavier/stronger frame for me and being a fan of SE bikes

Thanks for the heads up im really gonna think abut what bike to get i know the SE is 200 at that spot duff was talkin about but he upgraded some things right?? and if the windsor has better parts for 299. it might come up about the same price when i upgrade some things on the SE
Old 06-13-2009, 04:40 PM   #81
DrftSLowHomIe!!
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznpoopy View Post

I had no idea about that bike i just google image searched and it was the first one
Old 06-13-2009, 04:42 PM   #82
meteorite_flo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
meteorite_flo is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DOOR_LIFE View Post
i could understand rolling up your pant leg if you wear really loose pants. but when i see guys with rolled up skinnys or slim straights, i just find it lame. i know so many people who use to be in to cars and now do fixies. or still have their car, but rather be mega trendy and waste money on their fixie.

if you guys wanna see the biggest group of trendy kids, go to a honda-tech meet. hypebeast,hipsters, hyphy kids, fan boys, etc. nothing but bright colored outfits with big letters and fixies to match. why do people choose to stay with the pack and not try to be ahead?

well time to go back to work....i'll probably see a bunch of trendy kids too.hahahaha. ( Urban Outfitters)
I completely agree with you, I never understood what's the hype all about. I will just get a honda ruckus and shit on them.
meteorite_flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 06:35 PM   #83
DrftSLowHomIe!!
Zilvia Addict

^^ look i was just lookin for a way to save some money and get some good exersice that's it and this bike are really easy to ride long distance
Old 06-13-2009, 08:05 PM   #84
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
i like how clean everybody's bike is. it's like you guys don't ride them
Old 06-13-2009, 08:08 PM   #85
Rawrzies

Rawrzies is on a distinguished road
so much altbro h8

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up im really gonna think abut what bike to get i know the SE is 200 at that spot duff was talkin about but he upgraded some things right?? and if the windsor has better parts for 299. it might come up about the same price when i upgrade some things on the SE
Do not get the SE draft if you're looking for a fixed. They come single speed only so you're gonna end up having to spend another $150-200 buying a new wheelset. I'd get the Kilo TT for $350 at bikesdirect., better quality frame/parts.
Rawrzies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:52 PM   #86
soreballz
Post Whore!

soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Quote:
^^ look i was just lookin for a way to save some money and get some good exersice that's it and this bike are really easy to ride long distance
You know whats even easier to ride long distances? A regular road bike with a comfy seat, 21 or more gears in case you hit a hill, and brakes!

You say you need a bike thats comfy to ride long distances... You don't need a stupid trendy fuck fixie for that. Well, unless you wanna fit in with the rest of the hipsters and trendy kids, in which case... BAAAAAAA-AH-AH-AH-AH, go for it.

**And yes, Eddie, I have ridden fixies. I didn't care for them one bit. <3 **
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:11 PM   #87
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
you know what's great when riding long distances?

coasting
Old 06-13-2009, 11:31 PM   #88
Matej
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
you know what's great when riding long distances?
Old 06-13-2009, 11:37 PM   #89
BustedS13
Post Whore!

unicycles are key
circusbro is the next big wave
Old 06-13-2009, 11:42 PM   #90
Matej
Post Whore!

www.ohtheirony.biz

Wicked fixed gear coverage.

Make it rain [PBR].