Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-16-2007, 06:11 PM   #61
speedstar01
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
speedstar01 is a jewel in the roughspeedstar01 is a jewel in the roughspeedstar01 is a jewel in the roughspeedstar01 is a jewel in the roughspeedstar01 is a jewel in the roughspeedstar01 is a jewel in the roughspeedstar01 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neejay View Post
Maybe its estimated since it's a December issue? lol
ahhhh could be....could be...or maybe its just the work of terrorists!
speedstar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2007, 06:26 PM   #62
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
i predict some company making aftermarket replica wings of the one on the new GTR.......
Old 10-16-2007, 06:28 PM   #63
ONYX S-13
Zilvia FREAK!

ONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to ONYX S-13 Send a message via MSN to ONYX S-13
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Imagine what the aftermarket has in store for it!?
*faints just thinking of the possibilities*

I'm not feeling the front.. It's to round (soft) looking. It seems to lack the "get out of my way!" look. If I saw that in my rear view mirror I wouldn't be awe struck... Of course that would change after it passed and me seeing those four missle silo's for exhaust tips roaring by.

Of course most of the new cars on the market are getting rounder/softer fronts for some reason so its something that I guess I have to get used to *shrugs*.
ONYX S-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:07 PM   #64
OptionZero
Post Whore!

OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
looks like they smoothed out the front a little bit

i like it, pending shots from other angles

the only part i dont like are the front fender arches

lets see i graduate law school in '09
pass bar in '10
pay off debt by '15

perfect, just in time for the R36, which will do 0-60 in 2.5 secs and 10.7 quarter

dope
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:28 PM   #65
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fromxtor Send a message via Yahoo to fromxtor
I think it will look kick ass in bayside blue or black, I dont even like silver that much on the R34.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:33 PM   #66
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedstar01 View Post
this MT cover cant be fo real!! it says $4.99 Can. $5.99 US. arent our currencies supposed to be equal?

but still 3.5 sec to 60 is pretty friggin rad!!!!! i honestly cant wait until im blessed with the pressence of a 2008 GT-R
you got that backwards. and if you've never picked up a magazine before, i guess you wouldn't know that they always cost more in canada. and i guess if you've been in a box for your whole life, you wouldn't know that canada JUST became equal like a month ago or less.

not to mention it's a magazine printed in america, not canada. shipping.

.....anyway, that beast teabags everybody, can't wait to see them running around
Old 10-16-2007, 08:50 PM   #67
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
im not saying just bring out a facelifted R34. Im saying that the design lacks "GTR DNA" just like the 350Z lacks "Z DNA"

there are no design elements that make this car uniquely GTR, apart from the quad round tails.

It may be an evolution in it's layout, but it sure isnt an evolution of design.
Bushido you show your age. All you have to do is go back in GTR history to the last GTR of the 70's to see the styling cues. aka the Ken Mary Skyline GTR.
Plus if you think the 350z lacks 240z DNA you would have gotten a F in design school. Both of these cars show hints of their heritage all over the cars. If you don't have eyes to see that then you should not be judging the looks of cars period. You cry because they just don't look like the last generation or the first. You have to realize the designer needs to incorporate those links but at the same time come up with something very fresh and modern . In both the GTR and the 350 Nissan has done this . Maybe you need to see a eye doctor? Maybe you need to study the designs of previous generations closer or maybe you need to look at these cars closer to see the styling cues that hark right back in heritage. For instance the rear of the GTR has GTR rear written all over it while still being modern. The roof line takes cues from the Ken Mary. The front has a GTR style bold front grill area like the R34.
Do you want me to take the 350 apart and show its cues as well?
Get an eye or give up on your critiques.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 08:58 PM   #68
oldschoolsilvia
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
oldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I'll take one in black....
oldschoolsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:14 PM   #69
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
More pics....

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...hotopanel..2.*

I really like this car....I hope to have one some day.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:17 PM   #70
Neejay
Post Whore!

Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
I wonder why didn't they make that center monitor more angled towards the driver...

Also, I see the digital gauges on it. I actually like that interior more than a lot of the "new/future" oriented interior designs.
Neejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:21 PM   #71
kyoru
Zilvia Addict

kyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfection
wow interior looks like complete ass besides the driver seat and the door panels.

kyoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:33 PM   #72
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
^ the only thing I'm seeing that really fucks it up is the center console. buttons and everything look blah, but I'm still liking it.
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:21 AM   #73
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
GTR FTW

man 473hp twin turbo v6....omg its gonna be killa
Old 10-17-2007, 12:24 AM   #74
Neejay
Post Whore!

Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Only thing Im not fond of is the paddle shifters.
Neejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:32 AM   #75
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
wait, does it only come with paddles? if so, at least the z06 comes in a real manual.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:39 AM   #76
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
rear bumper is massive!!!
vanish1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 06:43 AM   #77
DOOK
Post Whore!

DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
your amount of negative rep is massive

DOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 07:33 AM   #78
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamN View Post
^ the only thing I'm seeing that really fucks it up is the center console. buttons and everything look blah, but I'm still liking it.
yeah, the heater/a/c controls look really cheap. overall, the dash is kinda lumpy and thrown together-looking to me. doesn't look like a cohesive design. I like the steering wheel and the IP, though.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:45 AM   #79
statik
Zilvia FREAK!

statik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to statik Send a message via MSN to statik
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
wait, does it only come with paddles? if so, at least the z06 comes in a real manual.
"The only transmission will be a GR6 dual-clutch six-speed automatic", no manual option currently
Old 10-17-2007, 07:48 AM   #80
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You know what the dash says to me, "No Frills". Like, "I'm a supercar and I'm not hear to give you a back rub. I'm hear to tear up the track."

I just noticed the rear side marker. It goes vertically up the rear fender. I bet that will look cool blinkin away.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:32 AM   #81
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltdnismoracer4 View Post
your amount of negative rep is massive
cool, hook me up with some more.
vanish1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 08:35 AM   #82
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

TheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant future
While it's designed to compete with the porsche buyers.. I don't think they did enough to seperate it from the regular line.. going from a 30k z to a 80k GTR is a big step and someone who's got 80k to spend probably won't do it for what looks like a tunned up Z car thats a bit on the heavy side. I think it will flop. Might have worked at 60k but 80's a different ball park. A porsche looks refined and has brand image. This just doesn't look enough apart from a z/g35. I don't think the avg "non enthusiast" will know either. We all may know what a skyline is but no one I play golf with at work does and they are the prospective buyers. That interior won't win any awards. Looks like it was designed by chrysler and made out of the same cooler material most trucks are. Some silver painted plastic and two giant air vents pointed right at your hands (10 and 2) just the whole thing isn't polished. It's fast and I'm sure it handles good and does everything is says it does.. I think my wife summed it up best "It looks like a transformers car"
Old 10-17-2007, 09:17 AM   #83
Zilvia FREAK!

0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
I will have to agree with a lot of what wolf wrote.

Quote:
You know what the dash says to me, "No Frills". Like, "I'm a supercar and I'm not hear to give you a back rub. I'm hear to tear up the track."
That would be nice in a zo6 type no frills car, which I really think nissan should have done, but the gt-r is gunning for the 997tt. It is suppose to be, from what I am told, a luxurious super car. With a 3800 lb weight, it better give me a back rub while I tear up the track. I just don't see people who can afford a 997tt going with a gt-r. I think they went for the wrong target, I guess we will see...

TougeHero.com l SilviaV8forums.com
0100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 09:30 AM   #84
jackjack
Post Whore!

jackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfection
just looking at the new pictures............
jackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 09:45 AM   #85
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0100 View Post
That would be nice in a zo6 type no frills car, which I really think nissan should have done, but the gt-r is gunning for the 997tt. It is suppose to be, from what I am told, a luxurious super car. With a 3800 lb weight, it better give me a back rub while I tear up the track. I just don't see people who can afford a 997tt going with a gt-r. I think they went for the wrong target, I guess we will see...
I don't think they were going for luxury. Nissan is not about luxury. It's about sport. They were going for performance. Keep in mind, they are going to have an Infinity version too (not been confirmed but you can quote me on it), and THAT will be the luxury version.

They used the 997tt as a benchmark for performance, not to compare interiors and luxury. There will be no matching luggage for the GTR, etc, etc.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:32 AM   #86
s13poop
Post Whore!

s13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to s13poop
goddamn you mel

always being on top of them releases

i wish i had a gtr
Old 10-17-2007, 10:39 AM   #87
Zilvia FREAK!

0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I don't think they were going for luxury. Nissan is not about luxury. It's about sport. They were going for performance. Keep in mind, they are going to have an Infinity version too (not been confirmed but you can quote me on it), and THAT will be the luxury version.

They used the 997tt as a benchmark for performance, not to compare interiors and luxury. There will be no matching luggage for the GTR, etc, etc.
It puzzles me how it became so heavy then. I wonder how big the back seat is?

TougeHero.com l SilviaV8forums.com
0100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:48 AM   #88
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Quote:

will the infiniti have a goddamn manual? i just had a serious change of heart about these things. not that nissan will notice, but still. america finally gets a skyline and it's got a tiptronic like a fucking pt cruiser.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:49 AM   #89
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
AWD is always heavy. Add in all the elctronics, sound deadening, etc etc, and it's a beast. But what does weight matter with those kind of performance numbers? I mean if it was heavy, and the numbers reflected that, then it would be an issue. Obviously that's not the case. The numbers are better then people expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
will the infiniti have a goddamn manual? i just had a serious change of heart about these things. not that nissan will notice, but still.
No clue yet, but I'd imagine they are going to have a traditional gear box as 2009.5 or 2010 model.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:50 AM   #90
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
it puzzles you? Look at the weight of the old GTR's . Look at the current chassis's that Nissan is designing the structure of them is a heavier design though structurally its a lot more rigid. The ATTESA adds a lot of weight to any car.
You and Wolf....... lol Looks like a tuned up Z car. Damn both you guys would fail in design school and Art judgement. Hey wait your an EVO lover. You would not know good taste in design if it hit you over the head! LOL sorry 0100 you left yourself open for that comment. You both need to get a set of new eyes.
Wolf the average enthusiast is not the average buyer of a car of this caliber thats being sold in limited quantities . In fact the segment its going for already knows all about it.
Glad to know you play golf does that make you special?

P.S. don't you two whine about starting something you posted your opinions and this is my retort.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote