Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 06:20 PM   #1861
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkademikONE View Post
Ron Artest is possibly the dumbest person walking the earth right now.

True.

True.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:22 PM   #1862
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
Why do you feel that way? Artest is a defensive ace. Also, he's gonna play alongside Kobe and Odom, two of his best friends
in the NBA. You're crazy if you don't think this was a good signing.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:23 PM   #1863
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
I'm actually referring to his intelligence.

Not his game.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:25 PM   #1864
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Well, he just made a smart move by coming to LA. He wasn't going to stay in Houston where there's no future, since Yao is
out for next season, and TMac might not even be back, and even if he is, he'll probably just get injured as always.

Artest wants a ring, plain and simple.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:32 PM   #1865
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I figure if Ariza wants to play hardball and show that it is about the money and not basketball, then Artest (so long as he behaves) is a good signing.

And I write too!
Old 07-02-2009, 07:02 PM   #1866
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
i was just talking to my brother on the phone for over an hour about the Artest deal.

Its a great look. Ariza is a great player, but there's no way he's worth 9 mil a year. Hell, Odom lost his starting job AND was willing to take a pay cut and he's staying. If he was smart, he'd shut the hell up and take the mid-level deal and be in position to win a ring again and possibly more money next year....cuz we all know Vujachoke HAS to be coming up on the chopping block sooner or later. If he wants a ring he'll stay or go to Cleavland.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
Old 07-02-2009, 07:23 PM   #1867
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Ok, he's getting a 5-year contract for the full MLE, around $32million. Great signing.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:33 PM   #1868
OptionZero
Post Whore!

OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
I think it's a good signing, but not without risk. The triangle is all about passing and cutting and the ability to hit open J's. Artest can shoot when his feet are set, but who knows if he's willing to do the dirty work of setting screens and moving w/o the ball. In Houston, he was able to jack up anything he wanted since no one else on the active roster could create a shot.

Defensively, he's bigger and stronger than Artest, but the new rules severely limit his ability to keep up with the quicker 3's and most 2's and 1's. Old rules, he could guard Chris Paul just be bullying him out of the lane; new rules, he gets burned. I can say, however, that no 3 will post him up, and some 4's couldn't do it either.

Artest doesn't rebound and can get careless passing and handling the rock.

Thus, this signing solves some problems but not all.

They still need to replace Odom or resign him.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:37 PM   #1869
94cc0rd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 94cc0rd
Quote:
Ok, he's getting a 5-year contract for the full MLE, around $32million. Great signing.

who? Artest?

I seriously can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. Do you really think signing Artest was a good move by the Lakers?

Personally, I don't like the move. I like Ariza and think the Lakers need a player like him more than they need a player like Ron Artest. I can respect Artest's game, but I think the Lakers as a team need a guy like Ariza who hustles for loose balls and gets steals leading to fastbreak points.

It sucks that Ariza is being all about the benjamins instead of staying in LA to win more rings.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:47 PM   #1870
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

I'm exuberant over this signing. I have loved Artest as a player ever since he entered the league. His defense > Ariza's defense.
I love Ariza and what he has done for us, but LA wasn't willing to pay him more than what they thought he was worth ($5.5mil),
and I'm with them on that. No way is he worth $9mil a year. LA received the former DPOY and All-Team Defense selections for the MLE.
Mitch Kupchack comes though again.

Besides, Artest is very good friends with Kobe and Lamar. I'm sure they'll have a blast playing together.

Quote:
Kobe said that after the Lakers lost game six of the '08 NBA Finals in Boston by 39 points, he was alone in the shower, just fuming. He heard somebody walk in and assumed it was one of his teammates, or maybe a staff member. Instead, he looked up, and it was Ron Artest (to this day, Kobe has no idea how Artest got into the locker room).

"I want to come help you," Artest said. "If I can, I'm going to find a way to come to LA and give you the help you need to win a title."
Ariza has agreed to sign with the Houston Rockets. Peace out Trevor!

Last edited by ALTRNTV; 07-02-2009 at 08:16 PM..
Old 07-02-2009, 08:22 PM   #1871
revat619
Retired General

revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Quote:

Ariza has agreed to sign with the Houston Rockets. Peace out Trevor!
He's an idiot for that move. That franchise is gonna suck ginormous balls next year.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:21 PM   #1872
cxlo8331
Nissanaholic!

Location: Feasting on the flesh of the guilty, and drinking the blood of the innocent (714)
Trader Rating: (17)
cxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
^^ hahaha!^^

Old 07-02-2009, 09:32 PM   #1873
OptionZero
Post Whore!

OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by revat619 View Post
He's an idiot for that move. That franchise is gonna suck ginormous balls next year.
David Lee (agent) really fucked Ariza. Left the Lakers and got no more money in the process. Now Ariza leaves a championship team and a fanbase that loves him without a raise.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:34 PM   #1874
revat619
Retired General

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
David Lee (agent) really fucked Ariza. Left the Lakers and got no more money in the process. Now Ariza leaves a championship team and a fanbase that loves him without a raise.
Exactly. What a dumb ass move.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:38 PM   #1875
OptionZero
Post Whore!

It amazes me that players cannot do simple math.

Look up if a team is over the cap. If they are, you're getting the MLE. Compare that to the Lakers offer.

They look the same? Guess what, THEY ARE.

I don't believe Ben Gordon got any more money than the Bulls were offering last year; he is a lucky SOB to have gotten what he did this time. He ain't worth $55m.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:10 PM   #1876
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
wow...what a bad move by Ariza and the Lakers. I'm not a fan of Artest at all. :|
Old 07-02-2009, 11:16 PM   #1877
lunatyk
Zilvia Addict

lunatyk is not welcome here anymorelunatyk is not welcome here anymorelunatyk is not welcome here anymorelunatyk is not welcome here anymorelunatyk is not welcome here anymorelunatyk is not welcome here anymorelunatyk is not welcome here anymorelunatyk is not welcome here anymorelunatyk is not welcome here anymorelunatyk is not welcome here anymorelunatyk is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to lunatyk
I'm curious to see how Artest plays as a Laker, honestly I don't see it going very well but who knows. Never been a fan of Artest or the Lakers haha...
Old 07-03-2009, 12:08 AM   #1878
OptionZero
Post Whore!

some early awards:

Dumbest signing (player edition): Trevor Ariza going from "NBA Finals Contender" to "Tank for John Wall!" . . . and not getting a raise from LA's offer in the process.

Dumbest signing (GM edition): Joe Dumars. Ben Gordon. $55M/5 years. Rip Hamilton.

Dumbest trade: tie. Memphis Grizzlies, Zach Randolph for Q-Rich; Cleveland Cavaliers, Shaq for Ben Wallace's retirement and Sasha Vujacic.

Best trade: tie. Milwaukee Bucks. Oberto for Amir Johnson; San Antonio Spurs, Richard Jefferson for three guys that will get bought out and then re-sign with you.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:44 AM   #1879
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
It really saddens my heart that ariza left.

But, i am fine with artest comming to LA and i still see a repeat.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:24 AM   #1880
Vision Garage
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
Vision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Vision Garage
Ouch. Why the hell did Ariza do a stupid move like that. He wont be doing much with Houston. With Yao out of the picture all of next season, Ariza will be a sitting duck! Instead of staying with LA to get another Ring, he wants a raise. Man I thought he was more about the sport until i read this shit! I guess Ariza is just a money hungry idiot. I dont see Omar asking for a raise.

Old 07-03-2009, 02:39 PM   #1881
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Mods, lock this please.

New thread: http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/2...on-thread.html
Old 07-03-2009, 04:35 PM   #1882
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP View Post
I figure if Ariza wants to play hardball and show that it is about the money and not basketball, then Artest (so long as he behaves) is a good signing.
Totally agreed. Kobe set the example by just getting it out of the way as quickly as possible with as little drama as possible. Apparently Ariza and his agent decided that he had to make more millions of dollars per year. Honestly who cares about money at that point?

I am not so worried about Artest's behavior at least for the first season. He is completely happy and is on almost certainly the best team in the league and on top of that two of his good "NBA buddies" are playing with him. Artest will be an angel by comparison next season. Besides Phil coached Rodman. I mean REALLY, how much worse could Artest POSSIBLY be. In the longer term Artest will certainly have behavior problems, but it'll take a season or two for that to happen IMO.

The bottom line is that if it wasn't for Artest's history of mis-behaving NOBODY would be questioning this trade very much. I wish Ariza would have stayed, but Artest is a completely satisfactory replacement in my book.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:30 PM   #1883
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Well Rodman played like he did because it was his style, he got into peoples heads and disrupted their game. He was good at it, actually he was fucking excellent at it.

Phil knew this.

However Rodman did a lot of other stupid shit and got penalized for it.
He used to not start just as a punishment for doing something stupid even though everyone knew Kukoc would be coming out immediately.

Artest does dumb shit because.....well.........he's a dumb shit.
He'll throw off his game more than others if he gets mad enough.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:54 PM   #1884
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
NBA Business is from July 1 - June 30...
That means it is now the 2009-2010 season, please continue the discussion in that thread.
http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/2...on-thread.html

And I write too!
Closed Thread