Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 06:38 PM   #31
memphis180sx
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
memphis180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
theres some things u can cheap out on and some things u cant look at isis arms good shit not spl,pbm strong but they work well enough for a pro driver to use em all season u and all u pay for in the more expensive stuff is the rod ends and u get a hell of a backing from enjuku
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2011, 06:52 PM   #32
STL240SXDRIFT
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
STL240SXDRIFT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
My Godspeed cage is tough stuff. Fits great and does exactly what I bought it for.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:00 PM   #33
Fatboy Garage
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
Fatboy Garage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Fatboy Garage
Looks like you just had some bad customer service from an eBay vendor. We do NOT treat our customers like that nor hang up on them...

Try contacting us directly, if it was purchased through an authorized vendor of ours and depending when it was ordered I may be able to help you out. Feel free to PM ME.

P: 626-442-3988
W:godspeedproject.com
www.facebook.com/godspeedproject
Old 11-14-2011, 08:03 PM   #34
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Occupy godspeed?

Old 11-14-2011, 08:18 PM   #35
Jose1
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Jose1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by coupster View Post
So if you value your money stay away from

WARNING DANGER TO MANIFOLD, this has been a Public Service Announcement from the Quanzhou, Fujian, China parts company
Old 11-14-2011, 08:25 PM   #36
anthonyr sil8ty
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
anthonyr sil8ty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by usdm180sx View Post
Occupy godspeed?
make sense, wouldnt be any different then all the tards that think their school loan should be cleared...........
Old 11-14-2011, 08:41 PM   #37
joel.e.krueger
Zilvia Member

joel.e.krueger is an unknown quantity at this point
You really changed my opinion on what products to spend my own money on. Thank you so much OP /sarcasm
Old 11-14-2011, 10:20 PM   #38
coupster
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
coupster is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
So if it's cool to skimp out a little where would you cut the corrners at.
Ie: three of my friends run walbro 255 and they buy theirs in pairs cause they go bad within a year or so, would it make sense to buy Isis reps of the 255?
What do you guys think, is there an approved cheap o meter scanner out there that can help me make these decisions?
Old 11-14-2011, 11:16 PM   #39
anthonyr sil8ty
Zilvia Junkie

anthonyr sil8ty is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Ie: three of my friends run walbro 255 and they buy theirs in pairs cause they go bad within a year or so, would it make sense to buy Isis reps of the 255?
What do you guys think, is there an approved cheap o meter scanner out there that can help me make these decisions?

i have heard of this walboro crisis, but i have a hard time believing the hype. I have ran walboro's in all my 240's w/ no issue's what so ever. i think alot of the noise is due to installer error, bad connections i.e. grounds, properly hooking up a 30amp relay, and the biggest all the broke s-chassis owners running on empty and heating the pump up(yes these pumps are cooled by being submerged)

/rant
Old 11-15-2011, 12:02 AM   #40
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
so put a new muffler on it and stop crying
Old 11-15-2011, 02:18 AM   #41
Enna
Zilvia FREAK!

Enna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Enna Send a message via MSN to Enna
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
Lots of illiterate fucks is what I see.
I see a lot of florida.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:40 AM   #42
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Quote:
Walbros are a crap shoot. Some people never have problems and others do. I always ran a Tomei and never had problems.

Old 11-15-2011, 02:51 AM   #43
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
what happened to using a z32 TT pump?

Tomei is the same as a (R34) GTR, correct?

Does anyone know what Q45 pumps flow?
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Old 11-15-2011, 07:04 AM   #44
ZenkiCam
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
ZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ZenkiCam
Quote:
Originally Posted by c72c View Post
These rants tend to bother me. I know most people think all knockoffs are shit, but popular brands aren't always great either. Every once in a while you get a 'bad apple'. Also, some companies (like hks iirc) have their turbos made by a different company, that company also decided to start selling the same turbo without the hks stamp for less. Same exact quality, just not 'name brand'... knockoff?

I had the same thing happen to me on a drive one night, and iinm it was an rs-r exhaust.

Looks like your exhaust prolapsed
Old 11-15-2011, 07:20 AM   #45
badbob2121
Zilvia FREAK!

badbob2121 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
TLDR

Cliff notes: Florida

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM = BOBBY_LS13
Old 11-15-2011, 07:33 AM   #46
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
^Nothing to feel bad about... shit happens. I even laughed when I saw it.

That's what I was getting at.
Question is, how fucking old is that exhaust?!?! Considering it was probably passed around like a dirty whore, parts arent built to last forever. I had a Blitz NurSpec do the same thing on my first S14, mind you, I've had the exhaust for over 6 yrs when it did it and the car was slammed to the ground.

But in all honesty, nobody really gives a fuck about this thread. People will do what they want to do and buy whatever shit they can afford. Some folks can only afford knock offs, some can afford the name brand stuff, then we have idiots out here who thinks Pep-boys is a damn car accessory shop.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
Old 11-15-2011, 07:56 AM   #47
nightsauce
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
nightsauce is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nightsauce
Summary:

1. 9 times outta 10, you get what you pay for.
2. There are always bad products when items are mass produced. Happens in every industry.
3. Ebay vendors can be shady sometimes. Be sure they have back the products they sell or buy from a more reputable source (FRSport, Enjuku, etc.)
4. People from Florida are illiterate.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:15 AM   #48
ezza
Zilvia Junkie

ezza is an unknown quantity at this point
I brought knock off overfenders, in the night they raped my wife and killed my children
Old 11-15-2011, 08:55 AM   #49
ZenkiCam
Zilvia Addict

ZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really nice
Made in a Mexico prison?
Old 11-15-2011, 08:58 AM   #50
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Speaking of knock-offs, blowing up on fb:

EVO IX vs. Fake Wheels = One FREAKED up CAR. Real vs Fake Wheels debate #2. - JDM Chicago-Japanese Car Community

enjoy
Old 11-15-2011, 09:00 AM   #51
ZenkiCam
Zilvia Addict

*looks at my forged bbs wheels* smiles
Old 11-15-2011, 09:12 AM   #52
badbob2121
Zilvia FREAK!

badbob2121 is an unknown quantity at this point
lol, thats awesome

but you have to admit, there has to be more to that story. Everyone knows the quality of XXR's, but a catastrophic explosion while driving down the road at 35mph? hmm

and those arent snow tires like explained in that thread link...which makes everything questionable

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM = BOBBY_LS13
Old 11-15-2011, 09:33 AM   #53
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I stopped caring what others do to their cars after realizing I'm not the one having to drive a heaping pile of shit.
Now if you run into me because you're a cheapass, be prepared to pay out of pocket for any damages you caused
^^The quote below has nothing to do with this statement^^

Quote:
I had the same thing happen to me on a drive one night, and iinm it was an rs-r exhaust.
Chewbacca exhaust FTW!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.

Last edited by raz0rbladez909; 11-15-2011 at 10:11 AM..
Old 11-15-2011, 09:49 AM   #54
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
revcyanide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
ITT:

another chance to use my favorite gif.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:12 AM   #55
landins13
Zilvia Addict

landins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL240SXDRIFT View Post
My Godspeed cage is tough stuff. Fits great and does exactly what I bought it for.
made your car look like it has a cage? Bolt in cages are useless and dangerous if you want to stiffen the car up buy strut bars and replace your bushings.

the simple solution for the cheap asses is to wait for a group buy or blowout sale on the quality parts you want rather than buying crap.

Ive had my Apexi N1 Noir on my s13 for 5 years on the east coast where they salt the roads and it still looks and sounds as good as the day i installed it. I also only paid about 400 shipped for it because i bought it off a vendor on here when they were trying to clean out some inventory.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:28 AM   #56
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
But in all honesty, nobody really gives a fuck about this thread. People will do what they want to do and buy whatever shit they can afford. Some folks can only afford knock offs, some can afford the name brand stuff, then we have idiots out here who thinks Pep-boys is a damn car accessory shop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightsauce View Post
Summary:

1. 9 times outta 10, you get what you pay for.
2. There are always bad products when items are mass produced. Happens in every industry.
3. Ebay vendors can be shady sometimes. Be sure they have back the products they sell or buy from a more reputable source (FRSport, Enjuku, etc.)
4. People from Florida are illiterate.
Pretty much sums up what I would've said (minus the Florida part, hah).

Everyone will always have their views and opinions when it comes to "real" vs "knock offs".

At the end of the day, it's your money. Do what you want with it.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
Closed Thread