Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Polls

Polls Post All Polls in Here.

View Poll Results: What do you think of Prop 8?
Yes no same sex marriage 67 41.88%
NO let there be same sex marriage 93 58.13%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 05:32 AM   #61
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilviaDoctrine View Post
Lol I don't think were ignorant and close-minded. You are right, immediately it doesn't affect us. However in the long run, it does. I mean ever since we started to stray from the traditional values the U.S. was brought upon, society has taken a huge downturn. First we allow gay marriages, than what? Legalize prostitution? Legalize marijuana? All of them have just as many excuses as to why they should be legal. Does it make it right? no. Did the traditional system work for hundreds of years? yes. I believe gay marriage is a gateway subject to legalizing more things that will demoralize our country.

PLEASE NOTE, IF I SAID ANYTHING TO OFFEND ANYONE, I APOLOGIZE BEFOREHAND. ONLY MY PERSONAL BELIEF. ALSO I AM NOT ATTACKING ANYONE IN MY STATEMENTS, PEOPLE CHILL OUT AND LETS HAVE A CIVIL DISPUTE.

If that can't happen than this thread fails.
If prostitution is legalized do you reeeeeeeally think more people are going to turn to it? No, it's still demeaning and only the desperate will do it, but maybe instead of arresting them we could give them a job at some commie public works project instead of having them suck dick for 5 dollars.

Marijuana... well don't even get me started. It's a fucking plant for god sakes.

Whatever happened to turning the other cheek? I bet if a "rehab'd" sex offender wanted to get married in a church no one would say anything about it. Or a drug addict, chronic masturbator, thief, adulterer, hell even a murderer... what if they wanted to get married would anyone condemn them and refuse them service in the same way? I just don't understand the Church's hate mongering towards gays. Everyone sins, everyone sins every day, everyone sins everyday knowingly, and no sin is greater than the other. It's just an easy target and a propaganda machine.

If I am wrong, please show me the light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drftmark View Post
I don't think gays should get married.

You can bring in all this "They are holding people back from being in love!!!"

Oh please, give me a break.

Next we will be voting if 5 year old gf and bf can get married because they love each other.

Or 5 year old gf/gf and bf/bf can get married lolololol

If they really need a piece of paper saying they love each other then they can go suck one....... or not.
You would be from Texas.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:53 AM   #62
ZipTiedCoupe
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
ZipTiedCoupe is making a name for him/her selfZipTiedCoupe is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This whole thread is full of ghey.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:58 AM   #63
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
^Thank you for that brilliant insight.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:06 AM   #64
ZipTiedCoupe
BANNED

ZipTiedCoupe is making a name for him/her selfZipTiedCoupe is making a name for him/her self

Just spreading the love ThatGuy!

btw, how was your birthday?
Old 10-15-2008, 07:09 AM   #65
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
^That has nothing to do with this topic.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:02 AM   #66
ROUGE180
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
ROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ROUGE180 Send a message via Yahoo to ROUGE180
It doesn't affect me one way or the other. Let them get married. They are people too. I vote NO.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:33 AM   #67
drftmark
Zilvia Junkie

drftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESmorz View Post
You would be from Texas.
Hahaha.

This coming from the hate crime defender. "Judging" me from where I am from haha.

You are a big hypocrite.

But no worries, I agree with a lot of your posts in other threads.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:19 AM   #68
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Conscious choice? Dude you think people decide to become ostracized? Discriminated against? Ridiculed by the likes of people like you? You think people feel its cool to be gay?
Man take off the rosy glasses, put down the bible you have mistinterpreted and wake the fuck up. You be smoking that middle American right wing christian bullshit.

I was raised Roman Catholic,aka Christian. I do not follow the church per se but I do believe in the existance of God and pratice spirituality.

Fact is and this is written in the bible. "Judge not lest ye be Judged"

In other words its really not our place to condemn others. Of course being human and prone to sin we do. I suggest you try not. I try not to.
If you really are Christian you must also realize Jesus accepted all regardless. Now did God intend people to be gay? No, but see God's great creation is set up to have variables.
Oh and I do believe in evolution and God and Evolution can coexist.

Oh and yes I am not gay, but I know gays and they have said before that they did not ask to be gay. I.E. it was something they were born feeling! Not a choice. If you think its choice well then your pretty damn ignorant and blinded by the church goers around you.

Please take your bigotry somewhere else because thats what your statement amounts to.
I am almost speechless. I mean, you just summed up everything I believe in. This man deserves a round of applause, a beer and a fine bitch
Old 10-15-2008, 12:22 PM   #69
vodka2
BANNED

Trader Rating: (18)
vodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
"^Prostitution and Maijuana are already legal in some places."

_ Las vegas and Los angeles
Old 10-15-2008, 12:59 PM   #70
joven_s_13

joven_s_13 is an unknown quantity at this point
i think just let them be...it's not like you are gonna get aids from being around them...and look at the brightside...most gay guys can hook you up with one of their fine ass female friends....shit, if it wasn't for my gay co-worker, i wouldn't be with my fine ass girlfriend right now...lol

"2 liters is a drink size, not an engine size"
Old 10-15-2008, 02:37 PM   #71
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
Legal prostitution is retardedly expensive.

and Marijuana is only legal on a state level and not federal.... so it's still illegal.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:56 PM   #72
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoolandslide View Post
Its a cop out answer because its such a narrow minded, ignorant, bullshit view.
I could say the exact same about your opinion of his view so you haven't really made a valid point at all.

You've given nothing more than your opinion and have tried to pass it on as fact.

Please stop talking. you're embarrasing yourself.

Im voting yes on prop 8. Some of you are voting no. Big effing deal. OMG thats what happens when people can VOTE on an issue. There are choices. Lets agree to disagree because this is going nowhere.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
Old 10-15-2008, 03:26 PM   #73
ESmorz
Post Whore!

ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Quote:
Hahaha.

This coming from the hate crime defender. "Judging" me from where I am from haha.

You are a big hypocrite.

But no worries, I agree with a lot of your posts in other threads.
Lol @ judging you. I was just making a joke. Everyone is a hypocrite.

Old 10-15-2008, 05:24 PM   #74
drftmark
Zilvia Junkie

drftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESmorz View Post
Lol @ judging you. I was just making a joke. Everyone is a hypocrite.

I love you too- not in a prop 8 way (lol).

Quote:
Originally Posted by future240 View Post
I am almost speechless. I mean, you just summed up everything I believe in. This man deserves a round of applause, a beer and a fine bitch
According to him, he needs a fine dude. hahaha

but anyway this part what he said is what bugs me.

"Man take off the rosy glasses, put down the bible you have mistinterpreted and wake the fuck up. You be smoking that middle American right wing christian bullshit."

I have no idea what the fuck hes talking about misinterpreting the bible when it clearly states it.

Leviticus 18:22
You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.

Genesis 2:24
Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

Romans 1:26-27
For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

I could quote many more but I would rather not bore anyone further than this.

Now, I wouldn't even view myself as christian at all, but I just find it ridiculous to say that people are "misinterpreting" something so clear.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:26 PM   #75
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
I love you too- not in a prop 8 way (lol).

According to him, he needs a fine dude. hahaha

but anyway this part what he said is what bugs me.

"Man take off the rosy glasses, put down the bible you have mistinterpreted and wake the fuck up. You be smoking that middle American right wing christian bullshit."

I have no idea what the fuck hes talking about misinterpreting the bible when it clearly states it.

Leviticus 18:22
You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.

Genesis 2:24
Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

Romans 1:26-27
For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

I could quote many more but I would rather not bore anyone further than this.

Now, I wouldn't even view myself as christian at all, but I just find it ridiculous to say that people are "misinterpreting" something so clear.
What he is saying is that some christians today take it upon themselves to condemn homosexuals. The bible indeed says what you put, but it also says for christians not to judge people that, that is God's job.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:28 PM   #76
ZipTiedCoupe
BANNED

Not to mention Sodom and Gomorrah. Genesis 19.

Sadly, in todays world, Christians do "attack" homosexuals. The Bible teaches to Love thy neighbor, not hate all and love only Christians.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:36 PM   #77
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipTiedCoupe View Post
Not to mention Sodom and Gomorrah. Genesis 19.

Sadly, in todays world, Christians do "attack" homosexuals. The Bible teaches to Love thy neighbor, not hate all and love only Christians.
yeap we have people come to my campus and yell at people saying their are going to hell. They piss me off. I may be a christian, but am nothing like those people.

I have two gay friends, I have never tried to preach to them. I've been hit on by a gay dude, I just told him no to his extreme sexual advances.

I've always lived by the rule of not to judge people, even before when I was alot less churchy. Not that I am all that churchy now.....
Old 10-15-2008, 06:13 PM   #78
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

I really don't like this turning into a religious debate, but please allow me to say this.

L. Ron Hubbard wrote a book, filled with stories and fables, and a religion was based off of it. The members of that religion are highly criticized.

King James (among others) translated and CHANGED a collection of stories and fables, put them all in one book, and a religion was based off of it. The members of that religion have taken over most of the world.

Now, let it be said. I believe in God. I have read the Bible. I enjoy the lessons it teaches, and was brought up to respect it. However I do not regard it as the "END ALL KNOW ALL". Except for maybe the words written in red and even those have been translated from someone's interpretation of what was said at the time.

Both sides of this argument have quoted scripture and passages to support how they feel one way or another. That just proves that it has been personal preference that has dictated the Bible throughout history. When you pick and choose verses, you can make whatever claims you like.

I'm pretty much done with this Thread and I don't forsee it staying open much longer.

This should be a discussion about human rights, not religious practices.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:15 PM   #79
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
i voted no.

who gives a rat if they clam-smack or fudge-pack>?

edit: just read ^thatguys post and i have to agree

religion ftl. l. ron hubbard started scientology to make money and it worked beautifully. he was quoted saying the way to make money is to start a religion.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:16 PM   #80
ZipTiedCoupe
BANNED

I am in agreence with Future. I dont judge, just live a Christian life.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:25 PM   #81
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Does it say anything about women lying with women?

I'm serious.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:01 PM   #82
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
Holy Sh*t this turned out to be much more then What I had in mind.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:31 PM   #83
vodka2
BANNED

vodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura about
i know lol ever since i dropped the religion bomb its been all atomic and shit hahahahaha
Old 10-15-2008, 10:33 PM   #84
JeremyR
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
JeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JeremyR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
I really don't like this turning into a religious debate, but please allow me to say this.

L. Ron Hubbard wrote a book, filled with stories and fables, and a religion was based off of it. The members of that religion are highly criticized.

King James (among others) translated and CHANGED a collection of stories and fables, put them all in one book, and a religion was based off of it. The members of that religion have taken over most of the world.

Now, let it be said. I believe in God. I have read the Bible. I enjoy the lessons it teaches, and was brought up to respect it. However I do not regard it as the "END ALL KNOW ALL". Except for maybe the words written in red and even those have been translated from someone's interpretation of what was said at the time.

Both sides of this argument have quoted scripture and passages to support how they feel one way or another. That just proves that it has been personal preference that has dictated the Bible throughout history. When you pick and choose verses, you can make whatever claims you like.

I'm pretty much done with this Thread and I don't forsee it staying open much longer.

This should be a discussion about human rights, not religious practices.

hands down best post in this entire thread.

what ever happened to seperation of church and state? i know its a joke really and everyone in politics is religious for "PC" reasons but the fact is this is a human rights issue NOT A RELIGIOUS ISSUE

the whole fucking POINT of america is freedom.
america was started because people wanted religious freedom.
so why not let other people of other religions and other beliefs have the same rights as you?

its a pretty fuckin simple question.

saying gay rights is a "gateway" to legalizing other stuff is a cop out. just because gays can marry doesnt mean pot magically will be legalized.

tobacco and alcohol KILL more than pot does. you dont see anyone trying to make that shit illegal do you???

this is all closeminded bible humping old white man (not racist im white myself) bullshit. most politics are. im fucking sick of american politics.

HOW FUCKING STUPID AND REDNECK DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO NOT UNDERSTAND THAT AMERICA WAS CREATED TO HAVE FREEDOM AND RIGHTS FOR ALL, NOT A SELECT FEW.

maybe you dumbass mother fuckers should go back to school and learn what it REALLY means to be an american.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:01 PM   #85
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdarkrune View Post
tobacco and alcohol KILL more than pot does. you dont see anyone trying to make that shit illegal do you???
Astronomically more. Marijuana just doesn't have the bank roll of billion dollar corporations funding it's PR.

...Now back to Wiener Whacking and Donut Bumping.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:13 PM   #86
vodka2
BANNED

i went to school ... america = money ... and weed is legal with a perscription=$ .. just like prostitution=$ is legal in nevada ... <3 the west.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:42 PM   #87
luckvx
Zilvia Junkie

luckvx is an unknown quantity at this point
fuck gay marriage, eh i just dont like it
Old 10-15-2008, 11:51 PM   #88
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckvx View Post
fuck gay marriage, eh i just dont like it
Please do not post in this thread anymore. Also advice for when you post in other threads always read the whole first post before posting
Thank you
Old 10-16-2008, 02:10 AM   #89
revat619
Retired General

revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
OMG, for the billionth time...

This proposition is NOT, i repeat, IS NOT about gay rights. It is about the DEFINITION of the WORD marriage. Homosexual couples have all the same rights/benefits as married couples. FOR THE SECOND TIME, its called a civil union. As far as taxes, employer benefits for your spouse, etc. civil union = marriage. The only difference is that it takes longer to say.

I have a problem with changing the definition due to my personal/"religious" reasons but i also have a major problem with what will happen to churches and ministers who refuses to perform gay marriages should the definition be changed.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
Old 10-16-2008, 02:39 AM   #90
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by revat619 View Post
OMG, for the billionth time...

This proposition is NOT, i repeat, IS NOT about gay rights. It is about the DEFINITION of the WORD marriage. Homosexual couples have all the same rights/benefits as married couples. FOR THE SECOND TIME, its called a civil union. As far as taxes, employer benefits for your spouse, etc. civil union = marriage. The only difference is that it takes longer to say.
So true... to elaborate:

This is not (all) about religion, it's about money.

For every die-hard gay-hating right-wing Christian out there voting against gay marriage, there's 10 middle of the road conservatives that don't want to extend health benefits/etc to same sex partners, for $$$ reasons.

No one's saying homosexuals can't love each other, live with each other, and be free from persecution. They're just saying they don't recognize them as marriages, and therefore don't give their Civil Union the legal benefits of marriage... that's what they're fighting for.

For what it's worth, my girlfriend's mom came out a loooooonng time ago, and my g/f grew up with 2 moms. They both love her, she's totally normal, and doesn't think everyone has to be gay. Sadly, she's not attracted to chicks much at all :/

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Closed Thread