Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Polls

Polls Post All Polls in Here.

View Poll Results: 56k? hm?
Cable, DSL or any higher connection. 321 95.25%
56k. Dial up. 16 4.75%
Voters: 337. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 11:30 AM   #31
axiomatik
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
man, i'm feeling old again. half the people in this thread don't seem to remember anything before 56k. when I first got onto the internet, 28.8k had just come out. we had one, but had a crappy connection, so it only ever connected at like 12k. most of my friends still had 14.4k, I even knew someone with a 9600baud modem.

I wish the price of braodband was coming down around here. I'm paying $45/mo for cable, and that's only because it's bundled with tv, otherwise it'd be $60.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy View Post
haha you own an S12 and still use 56k. Somebody is a little behind the times!
says the guy who's barely older than his car.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:56 AM   #32
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I have 1200 and 2400 laying around here somewhere.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:27 PM   #33
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie321 View Post
I'm actually running verizon FIOS as well, its performance is amazing and the prices aren't that expensive at all. Its only in certain areas of the US right now though.

I remember back then when we used 56k, but it was split between 3 computers...19k anyone? LOL
the Fios was 5 dollars more than the shitty connection i used to have. and its FAST!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2008, 01:09 AM   #34
RedStage
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
RedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
when out at sea I have sub 56k....being on the oldest ship in the Navy has this and many more negative issues....

The base Cable isn't that great either....

Old 03-08-2008, 02:53 AM   #35
flclsteve
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
flclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
does the iphone edge network count as 56k?

Old 03-08-2008, 10:07 AM   #36
ROUGE180
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
ROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ROUGE180 Send a message via Yahoo to ROUGE180
I remember when 28.8 was the shit!! lol.. Now I connect at 54mbps over wireless. Wow.. I think I would throw my computer out the window at 56k
Old 03-19-2008, 11:33 PM   #37
ruudbwoy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
ruudbwoy will become famous soon enoughruudbwoy will become famous soon enoughruudbwoy will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ruudbwoy
i think i been off dial up since 01'
Old 03-21-2008, 06:56 AM   #38
Dorifto12

Dorifto12 has made poor choicesDorifto12 has made poor choicesDorifto12 has made poor choicesDorifto12 has made poor choicesDorifto12 has made poor choicesDorifto12 has made poor choices
Send a message via MSN to Dorifto12
no DSL or cable or any type of fast internet on the area i live, so it has been 56 for me for about 2 years..not bad using firefox.

+1 to ppl for putting 56k warnings on thread names..
Old 03-21-2008, 07:54 AM   #39
flip3d
Zilvia FREAK!

flip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to flip3d
If fiber broadband isnt available in your area, you have Satellite DSL as an option. So really, you have no excuse for using 56k.

7 people fail.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:56 PM   #40
justaKAiswear
Zilvia Member

justaKAiswear will become famous soon enoughjustaKAiswear will become famous soon enoughjustaKAiswear will become famous soon enough
My parents... they live in the middle on NOWHERE KY, Ill send em a lot of pics in emails sometimes just to piss my Dad off lol
Old 04-04-2008, 10:55 PM   #41
boozels
Zilvia Addict

boozels is a name known to allboozels is a name known to allboozels is a name known to allboozels is a name known to allboozels is a name known to allboozels is a name known to allboozels is a name known to allboozels is a name known to allboozels is a name known to allboozels is a name known to allboozels is a name known to all
56K = hair pullin hell

t-apc.com t-apc.com t-apc.com t-apc.com
Old 04-04-2008, 10:59 PM   #42
heiyuu
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
heiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I work at a wholesale computer store and we get lots of folk from the country still on 56k. That's fine by me becauseI get $3 commission fro each modem I sell ^_^
Old 04-15-2008, 09:16 AM   #43
s14_legend
Zilvia FREAK!

s14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfection
yeah alot of people still use 56k... i didnt switch over til' last year...
Old 04-17-2008, 11:12 PM   #44
hardpark

hardpark can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to hardpark
i rob my shit from the neighbor
Old 04-18-2008, 07:50 AM   #45
adictd2b00st
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
adictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to adictd2b00st
you'd be suprised, but alot of places can't get anything BUT dialup still.........
Old 04-18-2008, 09:16 AM   #46
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.lonelys12 View Post
i hate to say it but honestly i cant afford it. sucks that i cant watch youtube stuff, high rate websites, borrow *ahem ahem* music, yea all that stuff. its a shame, damn shame. oh well i do all my high speed stuff on school campus computers.

BUT! it comes at a compromise. HONESTLY I LIKE 56K, if i have access to braodband that would take up my whole days, i would slave over computers and the vast world of the internet. I'd probably be a cyber geek. im glad that 56k limits my usage. A+

ive NEVER owned broadband. 56k since 99'

oh shit that just blew me away! AhAHaHaHAAHAAH i just voted and found out that im the only person who voted 56k.

but thank you to all of those who do label their threads with 56k warning, my heart goes out to you.

you know you can get dsl for like 29.95
Old 04-19-2008, 09:44 AM   #47
Fonix36
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (34)
Fonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Fonix36 Send a message via Yahoo to Fonix36
im a robber

i jack move a wireless connection from my neighboor
Old 04-19-2008, 09:32 PM   #48
sked707
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
sked707 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Just recently switched from dial up to dsl a few months ago and it's so much better. Yea trying to see the pic thread here or you tube was frustrating. Couldn't afford it before so i had no choice but to use what i had.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:33 PM   #49
berwyn-sr20det

berwyn-sr20det has a little shameless behavior in the past
How?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROUGE180 View Post
I remember when 28.8 was the shit!! lol.. Now I connect at 54mbps over wireless. Wow.. I think I would throw my computer out the window at 56k

Whats your setup to get 54mbps? Im in Chicago and the best we can hope for is 6mbps
Old 04-26-2008, 12:00 AM   #50
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Oh man, I remember I used to have an old Machintosh Performa w/ the modem built in. I don't even think it was 56K, it was soooo slow.
If people called the house it would loose connection.

I used to run America Online version 3 I think, man the memories!
Old 04-28-2008, 11:32 AM   #51
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by berwyn-sr20det View Post
Whats your setup to get 54mbps? Im in Chicago and the best we can hope for is 6mbps
I think he's confusing his WAN network speed and his internet connection speed.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:03 PM   #52
MELLO*SOS
LAID OUT

MELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfection
Back in the day I first got on the internets with a 2400 baud modem dialing into the local BBS (who else here can relate to that shit?! LOL) It took years to download a fucking shareware game demo! Then one day we ugpraded to a 14.4 fax modem and got Prodigy, shit was dope!! Then a 28.8 and eventually a 56k x2 (but rural phone lines suck so you end up at 36k)... Then a bunch of years passed by and finally the day came when I have 8Mbps to the house, yet, the fucking filesizes have grown so much it still takes forever to download shit! My servers at the colo live on a 100Mbps pipe, shit is blazingly fast... I go there to DL large stuff and dump it onto a USB drive hehe..

I voted broadband, even though the half-T1 at the office feels like a fucking 56k line!! 20+ computers & 7 employees sharing the same line = slow...

Last edited by MELLO*SOS; 05-14-2008 at 05:53 PM..
Old 05-28-2008, 09:30 AM   #53
Grendel
Zilvia Addict

Grendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfection
I have charters fastest package they offer here... its pretty nice. When I go home on leave, my parents live in the boondocks so I get stuck with 56k. I wanted to show my brother a ton of funny youtube clips, but we would have to start one loading, then go play a song or two on rockband to kill time until it was done
Old 05-28-2008, 10:34 AM   #54
coww-cho!!!!!
Zilvia FREAK!

coww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to coww-cho!!!!!
i have AT&T DSL i remember having AOL dial-up.......if i wanted to watch a video on youtube id have to let it completely load for about 15-20 mins and looking at pictures was worse becuase you let the page load so long and come back to it and it turns out 6 of out 10 pictures were unloaded
or when a friend were to send me a link through AIM i told him to go make some food or something becuase it gonna take awhile before were on the same page
Old 05-28-2008, 11:40 AM   #55
besTint
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (81)
besTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 81 reviews
Send a message via AIM to besTint
verizon FIOS baby!
Old 05-28-2008, 12:14 PM   #56
legacy927
Zilvia Junkie

legacy927 will become famous soon enoughlegacy927 will become famous soon enoughlegacy927 will become famous soon enoughlegacy927 will become famous soon enough
hahaha...my gf still uses 56k..METCONNECT...lolz

my block sucks...DSL only...
Old 05-31-2008, 12:45 AM   #57
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i have 14.4

but my friend says i can borrow his 28.8 modem

external modem ftw!
Old 05-31-2008, 01:37 AM   #58
1ZlowZ
Zilvia Addict

1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute
Verizon Fios, I have never had anything slow that I can remember. Connected to 2 computers does get the occasional lag when either one of us downloads a big file. 3 computers ATM my friend has his computer at my house since his internet isn't on. Verizon is charging them 400$ for supposedly early cancellation... He's here from like 12 PM to like 8 PM, too much of a nice guy to kick someone out. =[
Old 05-31-2008, 03:19 AM   #59
krayzbigmac
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (34)
krayzbigmac has a brilliant futurekrayzbigmac has a brilliant futurekrayzbigmac has a brilliant futurekrayzbigmac has a brilliant futurekrayzbigmac has a brilliant futurekrayzbigmac has a brilliant futurekrayzbigmac has a brilliant futurekrayzbigmac has a brilliant futurekrayzbigmac has a brilliant futurekrayzbigmac has a brilliant futurekrayzbigmac has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to krayzbigmac
I'm sadly on 56k still. Although I can still load all the (56k warning) threads. No dsl in my area and satelite ain't cheap. So I gotta deal with this 56k. After a while you get used to it, ohh well, it works for now...i guess
Old 06-11-2008, 10:36 PM   #60
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
56k, had broadband.... didnt need it anymore....... waste of skrill... all i do is email, check the forum and IM..... 56k is free for me anyway...
Closed Thread