Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2005, 09:12 AM   #1
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
WhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WhiteGLX Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteGLX
Road Race setup/ Track pics

This is one of many past track days in preparation for SRX in the not-so-distant future.

If anyone has anyadvice for a track setup with an S13, advice is welcome, but please dont come on here and tell me how to drive and that there is one way to setup a racecar. I have been researching the setup, talked to many true race car drivers and builders at the tracks and shops. I knwo what i want and i know what i need to put all the power down. But for now, these are just some fun pics :-D

view with non-race wheels on

front shot

My oil cooler off of a small Piper aircraft (4x4x6 bisches)

Nice rear shot

Switch Panel and Gauges

Dirty Interior

My setup may not have the best suspension, or a ton of power, but i can deff. say its got enough power and good enough handling on the road course to make me happy, and to keep away from the mildly modded Evo's

I rewired the entire car to a Painless Switch panel, eliminating what seemed like 40lbs of wiring. I gutted the entire interior of the car (except the tar sh#t). I removed all the PS elements, and put in a breather system to keep the rack lubricated. A catch can was installed instead of the tiny filter most use. The car is setup for reliability, and ease of repair. Racing puts alot more abuse on an engine than any other kind of driving, because its so prolonged.

***NASA HPDE Instructor***
WhiteGLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links