Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 11-06-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Suprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Suprareal's S13 FB build (sr20det eventually)

What started as a restore build with SR20DET turned to track oriented LS1 and now currently going 2JZ

CURRENT AS OF 2/20

Here's some pictures the day i brought it home

This engine wont be in here for longer than another year ( im hoping) so the only money im putting into this engine is maintnence so it will stay healthy.

First thing i did was take off the 36 stickers it was covered in, then parked it and went in and replaced every exhaust gasket and put in new studs for the exhaust manifold.
Doing this i found out the cat was gutted, i wanted to keep the car registered so i borrowed a friends cat of his coupe got it smogged then put back the gutted cat. oh well.
Replaced the valve cover gasket also, was the only thing leaking up front whatsover.

Then i fixed the taped up intake contraption the guy had going on and stripped/painted the valve cover.

Gave the engine bay a complete wash
Before:

After:

I was given the stock bumper and support with the deal since the aftermarket bumper was held on with 3 zipties i through the stock on and put the headlight rods on so they would go down.

The other owner destroyed the springs by torching them to lower it, he through in a set of stock front shocks/springs so i through those on for a while for a better ride but looked like Sh*** installed IMO

Went to the junkyard and got the headlight housings i was missing along with the rear seat door plastic i was missing, wiper arm, side lights, drivers seat belt motor and other misc plastic and stuff. Im going to keep the far rear stripped.
Heres one of my doner's

Mine getting cleaned up/scrubbed down

I couldent take the suspension anymore and redid it " for now" Ill for sure be getting coilovers after the engine swap. All money towards swap for now.
I got the Eibach sportlines and a Megan camber kit since im not a big fan of negative camber.

Speaking of negative camber the tires i got on this were like slicks and the inside steel belt were showing on all 4 tires and one rim was bent and eventually cracked through so i picked up a set of rims on craigslist.
Running 18's 225/40 on rear and 17's 225/45 in front on universal 4 lugs. not matching but close enough. They had 4 layers of thick paint on them i stripped of chemically. Still deciding on keeping them raw or going with dark bronze paint.

Always had plans of refitting the aftermarket bumper back on, its in the works.
Re glassed it, primed, and sanded ready for me to paint it. And i got the lights and correct plugs ready also.

It was VERY obvious my front LBJ's were on the way out, hitting dips and stuff would clunk bad and the front end squeaked like crazy.
Soooo I told myself i wasent going to spend any money on suspension till after the swap, i guess i lied.
I got the energy master kit, along with brand new front lower control arms with ball joints, inner/outer tie rods, sway bar links, the whole thing.

The ride now is absolutely amazing/stiff compared to what it was.

Just went ahead and painted the rims bronze, hopefully the 5 lug conversion will come one day and i will upgrade to brand name rims...
Also threw on some blown kei office coilovers in the front to see what it would be like.

Last edited by Suprareal; 02-05-2020 at 11:49 PM.. Reason: Things changed
Suprareal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2013, 11:22 PM   #2
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Suprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enough
Its time

Well... its started. Here's a bunch of photos.
Doing some tubbing, stitching, and other supports also.

Last edited by Suprareal; 02-19-2013 at 11:17 PM..
Old 01-22-2013, 11:42 PM   #3
s2k05
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
s2k05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Good progress man! Looks real good!!! Its come a hell of a long way since you got it!!
s2k05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:52 PM   #4
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Just a heads up, you will also need OEM 180SX turn signals in order for your turn signals to to work properly. If you were to wire the position lights as turn signals, the blinking pattern will either be random or rapid. Seeing that your aftermarket bumper does not have the necessary tabs to place the turn signals, you will need aftermarket lights that work for both turn signals and parking lights instead of OEM lights.
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:52 PM   #5
CleanAndLegit
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
CleanAndLegit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post
Just a heads up, you will also need OEM 180SX turn signals in order for your turn signals to to work properly. If you were to wire the position lights as turn signals, the blinking pattern will either be random or rapid. Seeing that your aftermarket bumper does not have the necessary tabs to place the turn signals, you will need aftermarket lights that work for both turn signals and parking lights instead of OEM lights.
Circuit sports/dmax/origin/junyan.
CleanAndLegit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:56 PM   #6
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanAndLegit View Post
Circuit sports/dmax/origin/junyan.
Right. But just be aware that DMAX offered two versions--not sure about Origin and Junyan. One version is single filament and will be exactly like OEM position lights. Be sure to get the one that is dual filament or dual function.
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:10 PM   #7
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Thanks for the heads up, ill make sure to do it right when i get to that point.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:23 PM   #8
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

just added some pictures of where im at as of now. If anyone sees something i could use a tip on or some general advice please leave it !
Old 02-20-2013, 02:24 AM   #9
project_2fizzle
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
project_2fizzle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
how are you doing your ps lines?
project_2fizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:18 PM   #10
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by project_2fizzle View Post
how are you doing your ps lines?
Im looking for someone selling the dohc hardlines or i can just get them at pick your part. Ive already got the dohc reservoir. If it comes down to it i can just get the right pipe and bend it myself.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:27 PM   #11
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

More of the tubs and test fit

New tranny seal and filled mounts old one broke Of course the walbro 255

Made the brace while i was in this deep

PAINT ! My first time using a gun came out super good

Last edited by Suprareal; 03-16-2013 at 12:05 AM..
Old 03-12-2013, 01:52 AM   #12
WristWork
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
WristWork is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Keep up the good progress (y)
WristWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:06 AM   #13
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eardize View Post
Keep up the good progress (y)
Will do! added some more progress
Old 03-16-2013, 10:36 PM   #14
StryfeS13
It's Always Broken.

Trader Rating: (14)
StryfeS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
So are you just gonna do a wire tuck now that you have tubs or are you going to do custom chassis wiring?
Gotta love Zilvia.
StryfeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:19 AM   #15
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StryfeS13 View Post
So are you just gonna do a wire tuck now that you have tubs or are you going to do custom chassis wiring?
No wire tuck for me. If it was a show car i would have but i just made custom brackets to mount the fuse boxes around the same place as stock. But now it looks a ton cleaner as i was able to tuck some wires behind the tubs sidewalls. I will get some pics up of that soon
Old 03-17-2013, 01:15 AM   #16
HiddenCharacter
Zilvia Member

HiddenCharacter is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice, I like where this is going, might hit you up later with some questions on fiberglass repair.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:32 AM   #17
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

IT'S DONE! Started up first try like i hopped. Few kinks to work out like spedo and reverse lights not working but that is all. YES I KNOW ITS A MONSTER TRUCK!

Old 03-28-2013, 12:36 AM   #18
s2k05
Zilvia Member

s2k05 is an unknown quantity at this point
looking good man...what turn signals are those?
s2k05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:40 AM   #19
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2k05 View Post
looking good man...what turn signals are those?
Thanks man, There actually running lights that come on as a constant with the headlights. I dont have signals at the moment.
But they are Nissan, that came on the type x package that was offered
Old 04-13-2013, 01:02 AM   #20
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Picked up a set of Megan streets for 200$ on here. Good enough for me, ive got no complains on them yet.

Interior shots. Wink mirror and s14 rear seats.

Old 05-13-2013, 01:02 AM   #21
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Ive had this s14 Vlsd since before the swap

Painted the bumper with dupli color color match spray paint and clear coat from a gun and fitted the license plate up.

Old 05-27-2013, 12:02 AM   #22
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Got a few shots in the back lot of Wekfest Long Beach this week. Got a strut bar and coilpack cover, SR still running strong but with boost leaks.

Old 05-27-2013, 02:17 AM   #23
aga
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
aga is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

deathwish?
aga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:25 AM   #24
Shanevasquez
Leaky Injector

Shanevasquez is an unknown quantity at this point
Have you had any engine cooling issues yet not having the shroud on? Car is coming along nicely.
Shanevasquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:51 AM   #25
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aga View Post

deathwish?
Supported on 4 jack stands in this picture. The jacks just sitting under the diff for extra precautions !
Old 05-27-2013, 10:56 AM   #26
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanevasquez View Post
Have you had any engine cooling issues yet not having the shroud on? Car is coming along nicely.
Thanks! I should be using a shroud but haven't came across one, I want to go with e fans eventually I think but no I've had zero overheating problems. Guage has never went pass halfway even when driving it hard/drifting.
Also drove it 2 hours away and back with no problems at all.

Last edited by Suprareal; 05-27-2013 at 11:57 AM..
Old 05-27-2013, 08:04 PM   #27
Shanevasquez
Leaky Injector

Shanevasquez is an unknown quantity at this point
hmm that's good then!
Shanevasquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:37 PM   #28
aga
Zilvia Junkie

aga is an unknown quantity at this point
i hope you re not relying on the dash gauge, cause if that moves, you ve already overheated...
aga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:37 AM   #29
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aga View Post
i hope you re not relying on the dash gauge, cause if that moves, you ve already overheated...
wana explain this to me?

EDIT: i went ahead and searched. Looks like i should be running a aftermarket gauge because of false readings the stock wont pick up until its too late.
Although i dont think ive ever overheated i will go ahead and get a aftermarket and custom install to be safe. I check my compression every now and then since the day i bought it and its always 150 across. Just did a test last week and was 150 across. No other signs off overheating to me. I pop my hood atleast once everytime i drive the car to make sure nothing obvious is wrong. Stock gauge will slowley go up to just under halfway after the thermostat opens up and has never moved any higher than that even for a second. I hope im good.

Last edited by Suprareal; 05-28-2013 at 01:23 AM..
Old 08-28-2014, 09:10 PM   #30
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

I havent posted on here forever but the build never stopped.
Since the last post ive owned 7 separate s13's that ive either parted out, sold, or still have lol
Heres a few

I was tuning myself off AEM series 2 for a while up until i decided to sell the SR.

But months before i crashed her into a curb (yeah), then pulled her straight and got right back on the road.

Then with the kouki tails, 326 power wing, rear bumper, 5 lug front and rear z32 brakes all around with z32 e brake etc..

Template made for the wing

Extended by 25mm, boxed, and notched lower arms by me.
And incase your wondering "$TG!" stands for sweet tea gang (i drink a damn good amount of tea) and yes $$G gave me the thumbs up

This sh^%*$ kept happening, i told my buddy "next time this happens im going V8" it happened again, yeah its my fault i was over revving and i set my rev limit at 7500 with a hard cut, it sounds coooool.... replaced rocker and posted it for sale and it was gone the next day.

Took her on a last run

Started my 50mm overfenders since now i will be running at least 265 or greater in the rear with eventually proper offset.

Im white, i bought an american V8 and its going in my car. No i did not hop on some wagon.
Ls1 with Ls6 intake, ported throttle body and t56 trans. And until i regain some cash this is what my car looks like...

After sitting for 2 months i finnally got the money to get everything going. Ordered $2100 in LS parts and thats just a start, not cheaping out this time.
Made the heads cam ready and safe. Went with all comp parts including Dual springs, magnum pushrods, trunion upgrade kit, seals, etc..

Finally went for the overs, their 50mm. 265's shown. I used Nutsert rivets so i can take the overfenders off if needed

Modded the stock fenders by riveting on another fender. This is temporary for me but they came out pretty cool. Just primed and cleared over.

Painted the fenders and got the skirts on. Hoods still in the making.

Last edited by Suprareal; 11-20-2014 at 02:17 AM..