Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 08-30-2020, 07:26 AM   #1
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
2020 Formula One Thread

Covid has everything all fucked up, but it appears we're getting racing damn near EVERY weekend instead of every other.
So far, it has been the Lewis Hamilton invitational. Like even more than when Vettel was winning every damn race in 2013.
Anyone else watching?

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2020, 04:34 PM   #2
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
2 very boring races back to back. Hamilton doing what Hamilton does. He wins the race after the second corner and then I question why I watch these races. Bottas seems to match Hamilton for pace or better for a few laps then lets the wind out of his sails and then its fast forward time on the DVR to the last laps. Seems that Verstappen is a safe third place every podium. Racing Point seems to be the new up and coming constructors challenger. Danny Rics P4 at Spa was a welcome change as well. What the hell is Ferrari doing? I can understand why they would sandbag Vettel, but it feels like the management and strategists are cutting themselves at the knees. Its gonna be really embarrassing for the, next week at Italian GP.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 09:45 AM   #3
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
They should just give the chip to Hamilton and let every take vacation til next season.

Ferrari needs some spicy meatballs or something. They are performing like a midfield team.
Old 08-31-2020, 04:09 PM   #4
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I wish the FIA would just reverse their ruling on the Ferrari power unit dealio

Curious to see how the "party-mode" thing effects qualifying. Not sure how they'll be able to regulate what is a racing mode and what is a qualifying mode. Couldn't they just say party-mode is a racing mode?
Old 09-01-2020, 03:09 PM   #5
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
I wish the FIA would just reverse their ruling on the Ferrari power unit dealio

Curious to see how the "party-mode" thing effects qualifying. Not sure how they'll be able to regulate what is a racing mode and what is a qualifying mode. Couldn't they just say party-mode is a racing mode?
"ferrari power unit deolio"

The party mode thing isn't just a ban on party mode - its a ban on having any switchable engine maps. So one mode, that the cars need to be run on, from the start of the race weekend til the end.

What I don't get is teams can easily build a "party mode" section into the throttle map that drivers have access to at all times, but only actually use for qualifying and limited circumstances in the race. Say the pedal requires 5 lbs of force to push 99% of the way to the floor, then 15 lbs of force for the extra 1% to get the full beans.

F1 teams have to have thought of this by now, or maybe I should be a chief mechanic for red bull. I'll send my application in tomorrow.
Old 09-01-2020, 03:30 PM   #6
deolio
Post Whore!

deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
^Ah that makes sense. I'm sure they've got some workaround like that in the works. You should send in your application anyway hahaha
Old 09-01-2020, 03:58 PM   #7
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
^Ah that makes sense. I'm sure they've got some workaround like that in the works. You should send in your application anyway hahaha

Lap 3 of me being chief mechanic ?Red Bull seems to be plagued by reliability issues, thats their 69th engine this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2020, 04:17 PM   #8
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacotaco345 View Post
Lap 3 of me being chief mechanic ?Red Bull seems to be plagued by reliability issues, thats their 69th engine this year?
would still be better than ferrari lol they might actually be better off throwing an sr20 in that thing
Old 09-03-2020, 12:02 PM   #9
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
yep. still boring. and getting boringer. hard to justify waking up early on a sunday just to watch Hamilton walk away from everyone else. There is some excitement midfield, but its just not exciting racing these days.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 08:06 AM   #10
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
It's sad when a man can't wake up (far too early) on a Sunday morning to watch some racing hoping for some excitement, but is sadly disappointed every time.

P.S. How are you gents tuning in to watch the races?

I need to figure out a way to stream the live feed to my treehouse so I may watch Lewis/Merc pulverize the rest of the field in peace.
Old 09-04-2020, 10:56 AM   #11
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIXziuR View Post
It's sad when a man can't wake up (far too early) on a Sunday morning to watch some racing hoping for some excitement, but is sadly disappointed every time.
I'm on the east, so I am able to watch over breakfast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIXziuR View Post
P.S. How are you gents tuning in to watch the races?

I need to figure out a way to stream the live feed to my treehouse so I may watch Lewis/Merc pulverize the rest of the field in peace.
Check out KS Hosting

And I write too!
Old 09-04-2020, 01:53 PM   #12
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Thanks, Phlip.
I will definitely look into that!
Old 09-06-2020, 06:49 AM   #13
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

The commenters seem reserved that Lewis will continue to win.
They also mentioned that stint of 2012 where Vettel was wiping his ass with the field too

And I write too!
Old 09-06-2020, 04:50 PM   #14
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
An amazing race! I bet no one had any idea that would be the podium. Big congrats to Gasly!
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 01:47 AM   #15
shaggyjake
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
shaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Best race of the season thus far.
shaggyjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 01:38 PM   #16
brndck
Premium Member

brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
i use feed2all.eu for watching the race.
sometimes its glitchy and i'll have to hit refresh, but its a fuckton better that the F1tv service that I paid for. Literally every single time I've tried to use it to watch a race live, I have been unable to. Waste of $50 if you just want to watch races live, but good if you want to watch the race later on, and they have previous seasons archived.

Quote:
Old 09-09-2020, 10:49 AM   #17
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

^ Thanks for the info. Very helpful!
Old 09-09-2020, 12:49 PM   #18
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
https://the-race.com/formula-1/perez...-racing-point/

Saw this coming and this automatically confirms Seb's join with Aston Martin Racing next year. But who knows...
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 12:52 PM   #19
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Sergio has been nowhere lately. I'm not even mad.
Old 09-09-2020, 01:25 PM   #20
K_style
Post Whore!

K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Sergio has been nowhere lately. I'm not even mad.
I am not mad but just feel a little sorry for him. I hope we get to see him in different racing series such as WEC or Formula E.
Old 09-10-2020, 07:39 AM   #21
K_style
Post Whore!

Its official.

https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/2...on-martin-2021
Old 09-15-2020, 01:37 AM   #22
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_style View Post
Glad to see he got the ride. I think the last two weeks have been crazy cool. Yesterday was nuts 3 races in one because of all the accidents. Sure Lewis walked away again but you have to watch more than the front of the pack.

I also happen to think Mugello is an awesome track I hope its on next years schedule. Totally old school high speed track. Love it.

Oh the Sky broadcast is on ESPN so pretty much practically every streaming service out there has it as part of their package. Their really is no excuse to try and bootleg stream it now.
Sky TV does an excellent job broadcast wise too.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 11:26 AM   #23
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Oh the Sky broadcast is on ESPN so pretty much practically every streaming service out there has it as part of their package. Their really is no excuse to try and bootleg stream it now.
Sky TV does an excellent job broadcast wise too.
I actually pay for F1TV, it just never fucking works when I try to watch the race live. The last two races I've just slept in till around 9, and it has worked fine to watch on F1TV.com, it just never works LIVE.

And yeah, Mugello was a total shit show. At least it was interesting to watch. Bizarre to see so many crashes and restarts, esp red flag two races in a row.

Quote:
Old 11-01-2020, 05:56 PM   #24
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

The 2020 Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton invitational.
It is becoming comical how the even most random occurrences benefit Mercedes and Hamilton

And I write too!
Old 11-02-2020, 03:08 PM   #25
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Yeah totally, haha.

I guess it was nice seeing Danny Ricky on the podium the past two races tho
Old 11-02-2020, 03:36 PM   #26
deolio
Post Whore!

I'm really excited for next year. Ricciardo is gonna be unstoppable in a McLaren with Mercedes power.

Really hoping Perez will go to RBR instead of Haas, but I know Max wants Hulk and Horner wants to stick with Albon
Old 11-04-2020, 10:05 AM   #27
brndck
Premium Member

if 2020 has taught lewis anything, its to use YOUR OWN SHOE for the shoeyyy.

Quote:
Old 11-04-2020, 10:39 AM   #28
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Haha. I was pretty startled when I saw HAM hitting up RIC for a shoey on the podium.
Old 11-15-2020, 06:04 AM   #29
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

I woke up a little late and Hamilton was in like 4th place. Took the dogs out and because the little one takes so damn long, Hamilton was leading when I sat back down.
We have a champion

And I write too!
Old 11-15-2020, 11:26 AM   #30
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Put on a fucking clinic!

Couldn't think of anyone more deserving!
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote