Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items > Cars For Sale

Old 01-07-2020, 10:08 AM   #1
Killercd4G63

Trader Rating: (0)
Killercd4G63 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up 1998 Ford Crown Victoria LX

Sold

Make: Ford

Model: Crown Victoria LX

Year: 1998

Mileage: 203,000

Engine: 4.6L V8. 281cu"

Transmission: 4 Speed Automatic with Overdrive

Type: 4 Door Sedan

Fuel: 87 Octane

VIN: 2FAFP74WXWX109126

Color: Silver Exterior, Blue Interior

Price: $2,600 or best Cash offer

Title: Clean in Hand

Up for sale is my 1998 Ford Crown Victoria. Its in fairly good condition minus a few cosmetic issues for a 21 year old car with over 200,000 miles. It runs really well, i wouldn’t hesitate to drive this across the country and back with just putting fuel in it. I bought this car in November of 2019, it was basically sitting in the woods for a few years and had some agriculture growing on it. It belonged to an older lady that could no longer drive due to health reasons and i couldn’t just let it rot. I brought it home and got to work on all the mechanical issues right away.

What I’ve Replaced in the past 60 days-

Suspension- New Upper ball joints on both driver and passenger side, New lower control arms (came with new lower ball joints), driver and passenger side sway bar end links, New Outer and Inner tie rods on both driver and passenger side along with new adjusting sleeves, New rear upper and lower control arms, new rear sway bar end links. New drivers and passengers side struts; front and rear. New Drivers and Passenger side Brake Rotors; Front and rear, New brake pads on the driver and passenger in the front. New Passenger side brake caliper. New springs in the driver and passenger side rear axle (the old air bags were dry rotted and leaking after sitting for a few hours it basically sat on the ground, i disconnected the lines and air compressor but if you wanted to put new bags in there, it’s really easy to go back to it)

Fluids- New Motorcraft 5w-30 oil and filter. New transmission fluid, filter and pan gasket. New rear differential fluid and differential cover gasket. New Coolant, Flushed the old coolant out with coolant flush and distilled water (till it ran clear; it took 6 flushes to get the fluid to clear), Completely flushed brake fluid; new brake fluid throughout the entire system.

Engine- New idler pulley, New serpentine belt, New TRE 255lph fuel pump, New OEM Motorcraft spark plugs, New magnetic oil drain plug and washer, New exhaust hangers/bushings.

Exterior- New headlight housings, side marker housing with LED bulbs, Ad-on Mach 1 Style Front chin spoiler/lip, New chrome style side mirrors, Original Ford mesh wheels with decent tires and good tread left on them. New wiper blades. Painted The rear differential cover and transmission pan silver and clear coated.

Interior- White face gauge overlays with LED back lights, LED floor illuminating lights, LED dome light.

Issues that keep it from being perfect, The passenger side front door trim molding came off in what i assume the previous owner bushed up against something and ripped it off (has some scratches on the rear passenger door that leads me to believe that this is the case), the driver’s door has some clear coat peeling and paint damage on the upper portion (can be repainted and recleared in that area and i would do myself but its winter time and my work area is outside…) The rear bumper has some pressure cracks in it from the previous owner backing into high curbs, it has some scratches in the rear lower portion from doing so also (a fix for this would honestly just replace the rear bumper off of another silver crown victoria thats in better condition) Theres a crack in the dash right above the instrument cluster, tends to happen when you let a car of this era sit outside in the sun. The power driver’s seat is a little finicky when it comes to backwards and forwards adjustments (it works sometimes and others its like its binding, if i could find a working seat in the same color i would swap it out) The drivers side center section air vent louvers are gone (it still functions, the fins are just missing for directional flow) The drivers interior door panel is broken, it still works as far as all the buttons go, but the previous owner damaged it in a way i cannot figure out and screwed it back in in an unconventional way (I’ve tried finding a blue interior door panel but came up short every where I’ve looked, I’d really like to replace it). I have pictures of all of these things mentioned if you would like to see them.

Now I’ve cleaned this car throughly, inside and out. I washed it 3 times to remove all the “nature” that was on it (rubber seal and inside the door, hood and trunk trims) Iron decontaminated, Clay barred, Compounded, Polished, Sealed and Waxed the outside of the car. I had to polish ever window from all the etched and water stains on the glass. The interior really just needed a vacuum, clean the panels and protectant on them. They did not have the original floor mats in them so i threw away the generic store bought tacky ones that were in there.

Overall, It’s a 21 year old Crown Vic, its not a “Police Interceptor”, this is the civilian, nicer version. It has over 200,000 miles but do not let that deter you, this car and these cars in general are very capable of going over 500,000 miles with proper care and maintenance (there’s a reason the police force, taxis and limousine companies have used these cars, Ford Panther platform Crown Victoria and Lincoln Town Car for decades). Fuel economy, It gets in the mid to high teens around town and low to mid 20s on the highway/interstate. It’s a comfortable riding reliable four door sedan, Ideal for anyone really. This isn’t some run down P71 that has 1000 idle hours from sitting on the side of the road, this is a civilian P74. It comes with factory dual exhaust, fully operational Air Conditioning and heat. Power windows (1-touch-down driver side) and power locks. All blue cloth interior. It seats 6 people (the center arm rest in the front and back lift up and reveal a seat and seat belt) There are no check engine lights, dash lights, leaks, drips or squeals. There’s virtually no rust on the car, It’s been in the south all of its life. I’m flexible on the price and can do partial trades (All sorts of things: Tools, Electronics, Vehicles, Firearms) with cash, but please consider all the new parts that are coming on the car compared to other vehicles in this price range and even other crown victorias.

How I first got it.

Now...

Last edited by Killercd4G63; 01-30-2020 at 12:41 PM.. Reason: Sold
Killercd4G63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links