Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-10-2014, 07:13 PM   #1
shinski

Trader Rating: (0)
shinski is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Weird Clutch Issue.

Hello everyone, I've been searching around for threads on the same issue but have had no luck finding the same issue as I am having with my 93' 240sx.

I would appreciate any input or advice to steer me in the right direction.

Anyways, I've been having this weird issue with my clutch that happens occasionally. The problem is while I'm driving, the clutch will feel/work fine but sometimes I will encounter a click/bloop feel about half way while depressing the clutch and the pedal gets slightly stiffer. You can feel it more than you can hear it. This will happen a couple times, then go back to normal.

Furthermore, sometimes I will try and start the car but the clutch feels really stiff with a lot of resistance and I have to force the clutch down to start the car. When this happens and I start the car in neutral, I'm unable to shift into any gears. However, if the car is off, I'm able to put the car in gear. If I start the car in gear after forcing the clutch down it "unlocks" and the clutch feels normal again and I am able to shift through my gears like butter.

My clutch fluids aren't running low or anything and I don't see any leaks coming from the pedal.

Anyone encounter this problem before?
shinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2014, 12:02 AM   #2
frankies1390
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
frankies1390 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
my brother had a similar issue on his 93 and it ended up being the distribution block next to clutch slave cylinder. he bypassed it problem solved.. or ur throw out bearing may be binding up? do you hear any noise when this occurs?
frankies1390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 12:58 PM   #3
shinski

Hmm I see. I'm going to check that out. The TOB seems fine, no strange noises. I think it might be my slave or master going bad but wanted to see peoples opinions first before i start pulling things apart. Thanks for your input!
Old 02-11-2014, 02:55 PM   #4
g14novak
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
g14novak is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I experienced this issue a couple years back on an FC I used to have. Ended up being dirty fluid in the lines. I had to take the bleeder screw all the way out for it to spit out the chunk of dirt that was clogging it up. It wouldn't push it through the bleeder hole.
g14novak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:20 PM   #5
G5SR20240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
G5SR20240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
my guess is one of the springs may be dislodging occasionally on your pressure plate causing issues from time to time
G5SR20240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 04:38 PM   #6
shinski

Thanks for your replies! I think I'm going to drain my fluids and replace my master/slave cylinder and fill it up with some fresh fluids. Hopefully that will solve the problem. If not then back to the drawing board. I'll be back, hopefully with a solution lol.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:09 AM   #7
SR20?

SR20? is an unknown quantity at this point
Any luck with a solution? I am having a similar problem but I have already bypassed the damper box and replaced both master and slave. Bled both thoroughly till getting clear, fresh fluid. Still cannot get the car in any gear.
SR20? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:26 PM   #8
shinski

Not yet mate, I've yet to replace my cylinders and bleed my fluids. Haven't found the time to do it yet. Fortunately the problem went away although I'm sure it'll come back eventually. When it happens though and I can't get my car into gear, I turn the car off, put it in 1st or Reverse, turn the car on and go slowly. Doing this "unlocks" whatever the hell is preventing me from shifting and I'm able to shift good again. As whether its good or bad for the car, I'm not sure. Fuck it though, it gets me rolling again lol