Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 03-10-2018, 11:42 AM   #121
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
so much fucking yes.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2018, 11:18 PM   #122
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
fresh out of the booth (note: the fender isn't completely mounted)

could have finished the car and the aero today, but of corse things can't go smoothly lol our air compressor is on it's last legs and progressively getting worse. currently 5 minutes of spraying equates to about 40-45min of the compressor running. basically took 1.5hr to get a single coat down. hoping we can find a compressor to borrow so everything can get done tomorrow...
Old 03-11-2018, 11:47 PM   #123
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
you got this.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 07:02 AM   #124
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
That color is awesome! Go get that compressor and finish this up!
Old 03-12-2018, 07:09 AM   #125
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
JIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
https://www.gofundme.com/GOLDSTAR-NEEDS-AIR-COMPRESSOR
Old 03-12-2018, 07:47 AM   #126
boostzilla
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
boostzilla is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Looks awesome !
boostzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 07:55 AM   #127
hotrodjoseph
Zilvia Member

hotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura about
So good dude! Glad you went with a two tone roof. Always loved that on silvia's.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:35 PM   #128
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
That color combo is money
Old 03-13-2018, 01:17 AM   #129
deolio
Post Whore!

deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
thanks doods!

i managed to swoop a lightly used 5hp 25gallon compressor for $95 off craigslist. deal of the year! pretty stoked on it to be honest. it puts our tired old 2hp compressor to shame. it had no problem keeping up with the gun. base and accents have been laid on all of the aero and tomorrow all that has to be done is clear. thank god this painting saga is finally coming to an end... until i get to start all over helping my team mate with his car later this week hahashitttt
Old 03-13-2018, 08:03 AM   #130
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

JIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really nice
is all of GoldStar becoming GreenStar?
Old 03-13-2018, 08:14 AM   #131
greenwood
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
greenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Where is the k24? thread needs to be renamed - does not deliver.
greenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:00 AM   #132
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMB0 View Post
is all of GoldStar becoming GreenStar?
nah, just roy and i. and nick already was green haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenwood View Post
Where is the k24? thread needs to be renamed - does not deliver.
accurate
Old 03-14-2018, 10:38 PM   #133
deolio
Post Whore!

hella masking went down, sprayed the accents, and clear

i tried to find a slivia bummper support, but none were to be had and i don't trust a bash bar since my front end is all funky. fortunately there's a how-to on making a usdm support work with silvia front on this very forum! who would've know?!

and i chopped up some perfectly good craft square base plates cuz apparently i like putting things that aren't supposed to go on this car on my car???

let the clear sit over night and then started assembling. boy am i glad i made these vents. sooooo good with the skirts! and distracts a bit from how shitty they fit

and glad i painted the visors and b pillars. think it'll really pop with a good dark window tint

annnnnnd i found out my intercooler is too damn tall haha thought it might be a close fit, but having the bumper support on there made it clear that it's not gonna work. that's fine though since i need to redesign my rad+fmic mount to incorporate headlight/grill mounting points anyway.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:53 PM   #134
snorkelcoupe
Zilvia Member

snorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her self
yesssss it looks mean in green
snorkelcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 11:43 PM   #135
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
No fucking words.

This is the best thing to come from the west.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 12:21 AM   #136
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
interested in how the intercooler works out.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 06:00 AM   #137
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
nice touch with the visors, action shots of this thing are going to be fiiireeee
Old 03-15-2018, 06:09 AM   #138
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
I can dig it. Uras GT is under-rated aero!

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 06:44 AM   #139
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

great job Max.

Green for the Money, Gold for the Honey
Old 03-15-2018, 07:09 AM   #140
hotrodjoseph
Zilvia Member

hotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura about
Yes Max! Looks great! Love that its full silvia now
Old 03-15-2018, 08:06 AM   #141
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I love the way you masked the green/black on the front bumper, even dedicating time to that thin green line at the corners.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:46 AM   #142
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Looks awesome my dude!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 10:27 AM   #143
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
are those OEM rain guards or the HIC ones?
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 10:36 PM   #144
TMW
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
TMW is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
love the front bumper.

looking forward to completed pics!!
Old 03-25-2018, 09:14 PM   #145
deolio
Post Whore!

^thanks dudes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I love the way you masked the green/black on the front bumper, even dedicating time to that thin green line at the corners.
my team mate rus, who painted the car, is the king of masking. there are some imperfections thanks to the "edge lock" tape not holding the edge... still happy with it, just don't look too closely

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
are those OEM rain guards or the HIC ones?
the hic ones. fit surprisingly good.

new intercooler came in. from 30x12x2.75 to 28.5x9x3.5. only a 100 cubic inches smaller. not bad! but i've still gotta make a bracket to hold the headlights, grill, fmic, hood latch, radiator, and ducting together. probably gonna be ugly as hell for the time being and refine it once i'm not in a time crunch.

the rain finally decided to fuck off this weekend and i FINALLY got a chance to see the car in direct sunlight

wolfreign oddly enough had a hood that was a very similar gloss color that they hooked me up with. stage 21 i believe????

and roy (hillclimb180sx (iirc)), my team mate and co-owner of STORM got his car painted last week (fenders getting painted this week) too! he needs to lower his car. if you see him on the internet, make sure you tell him to.

now my to-do list is under 20 items (it grew since i last posted one) and super d is 19 days away. feeling confident now that the end is in sight

extra pic cuz damn, i didn't even like this color until i saw it in the sun to be honest
Old 03-25-2018, 09:27 PM   #146
deolio
Post Whore!

oh shit i fully forgot my other team mate also scored this rebuilt k20a2 head for me. once super d is over, k swap r&d will be begin
Old 03-26-2018, 06:17 PM   #147
Stein180sx
Leaky Injector

Stein180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't know if any of this will be of any help for when you start on the K series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOXEUfl085k
Stein180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 05:49 PM   #148
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stein180sx View Post
I don't know if any of this will be of any help for when you start on the K series.
yeah i've been following their build. they're pretty much doing exactly what i originally had intended to do. having my rack moved forward and being low is going to make things a little tricky, but having a k20 head, which is about an inch shorter, should help me out a bit.
Old 03-29-2018, 11:38 PM   #149
deolio
Post Whore!

fucked up and started to cut and buff. most terrifying thing i've ever done to a car lol

went 1000, 1500, 2000, 3000. 2000 was all by hand because i couldn't find 2000 grit DA for the life of me.

put the cut n buff on hold to address the front end situation. not as pretty as before. still got a bit more work to do to finish and tidy it up a bit
Old 04-11-2018, 10:31 PM   #150
deolio
Post Whore!

finished buffing

fucked up a few spots, but far better than before (qp cut & buffed, wing not)

changed out the tails for some of them clear joints and sprayed them red

also, it was time for a fresh clutch and flywheel resurfacing so i took care of that

then dropped it of a my buddy's shop for some sticker'n

didn't pick it up until a few night's later. looked pretty cool with a flash

and got the new tip put on the following morning

mounted the front splitter. hopefully it'll keep the bumper alive for a while

finally got to see it out in the light with all the aero and livery. pretty happy. had a new windshield put in.

and finally got around to cleaning the poor neglected interior. definitely next on the list (along side of starting work on the k)