Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 12-15-2020, 03:05 AM   #1
Changi558

Trader Rating: (0)
Changi558 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help!! RB Speed Sensor Part Numbers

Hey Guys,

I have a 1991 1Via with an RB25det engine swap. It's paired to an RB25de gearbox.

I'm trying to get the correct speed sensor to fit it and get my speedometer working.

I've got an RB25DET speed sensor which fits into the gearbox hole but doesn't mesh with the Speedo drive because I believe the DET sensor is longer than the DE version and has 20 teeth instead of 21.

I'm lead to believe that the RB25DE speed sensor is actually common / shared between both the RB20DE and DET gearboxes. I have an RB30DE speed sensor and I know that doesn't fit the 25DE gearbox.

What I'm after is if anyone knows the exact part numbers of the below:
RB20DET speed sensor
RB20DE speed sensor
RB25DE speed sensor

Or if anyone knows anything different to the above info with pics.

Cheers Al
Changi558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2020, 08:54 AM   #2
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Changi558 View Post
Hey Guys,

I have a 1991 1Via with an RB25det engine swap. It's paired to an RB25de gearbox.

I'm trying to get the correct speed sensor to fit it and get my speedometer working.

I've got an RB25DET speed sensor which fits into the gearbox hole but doesn't mesh with the Speedo drive because I believe the DET sensor is longer than the DE version and has 20 teeth instead of 21.

I'm lead to believe that the RB25DE speed sensor is actually common / shared between both the RB20DE and DET gearboxes. I have an RB30DE speed sensor and I know that doesn't fit the 25DE gearbox.

What I'm after is if anyone knows the exact part numbers of the below:
RB20DET speed sensor
RB20DE speed sensor
RB25DE speed sensor

Or if anyone knows anything different to the above info with pics.

Cheers Al
Your car is a S13, The rb speed sensors will not work with the S13 cluster if I remember correctly. Use the non turbo USDM 300zx sensor for the rb25.
Old 12-15-2020, 12:30 PM   #3
Changi558

Trader Rating: (0)
Changi558 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrDarknes View Post
Your car is a S13, The rb speed sensors will not work with the S13 cluster if I remember correctly. Use the non turbo USDM 300zx sensor for the rb25.
Your correct. I encountered that problem at the start and have since had a conversion done so all the RB sensors to work on my cluster. I can power/turn the sensor by hand or drill and it will put the signal through to the cluster fine now. It's just a matter of getting the right sensor to physically mesh with the gearbox internals.
Changi558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 04:00 PM   #4
NukeKS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
NukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Changi558 View Post
Your correct. I encountered that problem at the start and have since had a conversion done so all the RB sensors to work on my cluster. I can power/turn the sensor by hand or drill and it will put the signal through to the cluster fine now. It's just a matter of getting the right sensor to physically mesh with the gearbox internals.
Right. The NA Z32 speed sensor is going to fit because the Rb25 and VG30 trans are the same internally.

https://www.z1motorsports.com/speedo...gaAvCXEALw_wcB

Part # 25911-30P10

https://www.z1motorsports.com/speedo...8aAnnTEALw_wcB

Gear part # 32743-30P20

Looks like you'll need a C clip as well
NukeKS14 is offline   Reply With Quote