Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-19-2020, 10:48 PM   #1
Donedreamin

Trader Rating: (0)
Donedreamin will become famous soon enoughDonedreamin will become famous soon enoughDonedreamin will become famous soon enoughDonedreamin will become famous soon enoughDonedreamin will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bleeding brake issue

Hey,

I have a 180SX. Installed some Z32 brakes, front and rear as well as the BMC. Trying to bleed the brakes and I can't seem to bleed the rears. Front bleed well. I bench bled the master and vacuum bled. It seems to push the ever so slightest amount of fluid. But not enough to engage the pads on the rotor. It's not easy to track down a BMC to slave it and before I purchased another one, I figured I would reach out to verify I'm not doing anything wrong..
Donedreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2020, 10:52 PM   #2
anthony_240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
anthony_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donedreamin View Post
Hey,

I have a 180SX. Installed some Z32 brakes, front and rear as well as the BMC. Trying to bleed the brakes and I can't seem to bleed the rears. Front bleed well. I bench bled the master and vacuum bled. It seems to push the ever so slightest amount of fluid. But not enough to engage the pads on the rotor. It's not easy to track down a BMC to slave it and before I purchased another one, I figured I would reach out to verify I'm not doing anything wrong..

You have to bleed the furthest most brake from master cylinder firsts. Since you have a 180sx since it?s rhd, bleed the left rear first, right rear next, left front, then right front last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
anthony_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 12:01 AM   #3
samotage
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
samotage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Two man bleed or single man power bleeding?

I love my vac power bleeder, cheap and awesome, it does take a while to suck it all through however. One strategy is to crack the bleed screws a little, put some fresh cardboard underneath and wait, check every hour or so. When you get your first drips, re-commence!

Another tip for power bleeding is some Teflon tape on the threads, this will reduce the air ingress at this screw thread.

Wait, be patient! With the power blended locked on, pump the pedal, rinse and repeat, and keep checking your reservoir state stoped up.

Don?t stop till the bubbles do. And yes, do the furthest back, you may need to trace the lines to work out which is which at the rears.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
samotage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 04:59 AM   #4
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
1.. make sure you have the correct caliper on the correct side of the car(bleeders pointed up)

2...all lines are tight and no leaks

3... start bleeding procedure.. left rear, right rear, left front, right front

4... best way is to get a vacuum bleeder.. but 2 person system works. Press brake pedal down, open bleeder, air/brake fluid will come ouy, close bleeder, release(pull up) brake pedal. Keep repeating till no air comes out of the bleeder. Then move on to next caliper and repeat.

If your getting no fluid out of the bleeders few things..

Inproper installation(wrong side caliper)

Check the bleeders, for corrision and debris stuck in them and check the port on the caliper. Make sure there clean.

Leaking hose, fitting, calipers

Seals bad in master cylinder (no pressure) happens to new pars

Good luck
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote