Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 11-14-2020, 12:44 PM   #1
DiscountPirate
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
DiscountPirate is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need help deciphering S13 Silvia JDM Hirame license plates & Registration Stickers

As part of my 1990 Silvia build I'm hooking it up with all manner of jdm goodness like full accessories, parking pole, and license plates. I've done some research and gotten some help from Japanese guys but the last part I can not figure out is the connection between the registration stickers on window and the license plate. I have a jiko shiki hirame with:
多 磨 56
ろ 61-48
“多磨” is a license plate under the jurisdiction of Tokyo(東京). So, it matches with the "東" bolt that I also have.

So far what I have figured out is that the kanji characters and numbers on plate designate the prefecture and municipality, and also engine size (in my case the 5 means 2000cc or less. There is an additional sealing bolt used on left bolt of rear plate that has a kanji character on it matching the issuing municipality for the plate. In addition to this there are at least 2 registration stickers that are placed on windshield that I assume matches the info from the license plate, in most cases it is a red square with a number and 5 or 6 kanji characters under it, and another white and blue one with a bunch of Kanji on it and a 3d seal. Does anybody know details regarding japanese registration stickers and if and how they connect to the license plate?

Last edited by DiscountPirate; 11-15-2020 at 11:48 AM..
DiscountPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2020, 11:52 AM   #2
DiscountPirate
Zilvia Member

So I heard back from a seller in Japan and got more basic info. The red sticker with number on it is just a month sticker so mine has 12 for December. The second round sticker is the main registration one designating prefecture and municipality. My registration sticker has: 保管場所標章 on it, and part of one of the lower lines has: 福岡 which means Fukuoka municipality I believe. So unfortunately my license plate and bolt does not match the reg. Minor detail, no biggie, I'll just have to keep an eye out for a Japan license plate from Fukuoka.
Old 11-16-2020, 08:30 AM   #3
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
thats pretty awesome! i have been looking at kanji for years trying to determine my plate lol, i added to my list of what to look for with a ww2 katana too!
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 11:42 AM   #4
DiscountPirate
Zilvia Member

Yeah Kanji is real hard because it's not just one set character, it can change or be a set of characters. I found one link with a breakdown of the different characters for license plate prefectures and municipalities. I got lucky because I found a seller in Japan who was cool and helped me decipher some of the basic kanji which designated the different areas, so now I at least know where to look and what for, then I just try to match that up on the list. I'll try to post pics and more info if I can regarding Japanese license plates and titles and registration. I even have japanese paperwork that I got with my clips like 10 years ago, so next on the list is figuring out where my original sr20det drivetrain came from.