Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-01-2019, 11:37 PM   #571
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
But you blasted tranny guts all over the place by then.. 300whp ain't shit in a 240. Is that even in thr 12's? This is why we aren't friends...
youve been drinking havent you?

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2019, 11:07 AM   #572
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
....dude you had to be 'different' so bad you switched up the aero? I guess for me cars are what I like and I don't care what the other dudes are doing. Like if everyone had a Type X (most do) and a stock-bodied Silvia Q's it wouldn't motivate me to do something different. Not trying to be a smartass, but if your car is clean and done well why do you care to make it 'different' for the sake of being so?
I see what you mean and I should clarify. It wasn't the sole reason I changed it up. I found some stuff on YAJ that I've been wanting to run and I was getting bored of the OEM setup that I had since 2007. I raised the car up for a more functional stance and that was making the OEM aero look insufficient. The front vents just seemed too small and the bumper seemed like it was 3 ft off the ground even with the lip. I wanted something that was in between an OEM look and aftermarket, like a tuner house/270R kind of look if that makes sense. If my car was going to have a much more unique look(other than the OEM/OEM+Greddy lip) in the process that was also a huge plus.

P.S. those are real Nismo skirts. Old logo perhaps? If things keep going the way they are I will be trading them for a house in CO or UT in a few years.

Quote:
ROTFLOL

Who cares about that shit. Fuck California.

I had a job offer for 175k out in San Berdino and after reading up on Cali, it was litterally like moving to a Foriegn fucking country and I'd have to give up a crap ton of legal rights. On and thr taxes and cost of living? I'm keeping more out here without the pay bump.
I'm looking to gtfo of here eventually, trust me.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 01:38 PM   #573
crzsteveo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
crzsteveo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I agree with trends on hatch aero style, but whos actually buying the authentic parts? Not a lot of kids these days, all fake and plastic aero that can fit in a small box and unfold. Im all for buying another BN kit, because that shit fit like a god dam glove. i think i had like 5 mins of very little trimming.

What grinds my gears is people just want half ass cars and looks for the gram. I agree with Crimsion on people with half decent paint jobs then the final execution of the car looks like ass because of panel gaps and just little things that catch your eye and have you asking, why though...
crzsteveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 04:06 PM   #574
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
I see what you mean and I should clarify. It wasn't the sole reason I changed it up. I found some stuff on YAJ that I've been wanting to run and I was getting bored of the OEM setup that I had since 2007. I raised the car up for a more functional stance and that was making the OEM aero look insufficient. The front vents just seemed too small and the bumper seemed like it was 3 ft off the ground even with the lip. I wanted something that was in between an OEM look and aftermarket, like a tuner house/270R kind of look if that makes sense. If my car was going to have a much more unique look(other than the OEM/OEM+Greddy lip) in the process that was also a huge plus.

P.S. those are real Nismo skirts. Old logo perhaps? If things keep going the way they are I will be trading them for a house in CO or UT in a few years.

I'm looking to gtfo of here eventually, trust me.
Ah okay. So it just pushed you over the edge to get this shit done. I can see that. At any rate, car looks good!

If I can't stay in Japan as a contractor I'm trying to avoid CA like the plague. I have some 'old logo' parts too. Maybe I can get a house in another state by next year if I sell a few things...lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzsteveo View Post
I agree with trends on hatch aero style, but whos actually buying the authentic parts? Not a lot of kids these days, all fake and plastic aero that can fit in a small box and unfold. Im all for buying another BN kit, because that shit fit like a god dam glove. i think i had like 5 mins of very little trimming.

What grinds my gears is people just want half ass cars and looks for the gram. I agree with Crimsion on people with half decent paint jobs then the final execution of the car looks like ass because of panel gaps and just little things that catch your eye and have you asking, why though...
Yeah. I love how it's my duty to 'teach new guys' but how in the fuck do you teach someone patience. I'm not even that good at being patient lol. A lot of cars I used to see on the internet only and now see sometimes here in Japan are like that: they look great on IG but in person you can see the cut corners. Perception is, unfortunately, reality nowadays.
Old 02-04-2019, 04:57 PM   #575
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Ah okay. So it just pushed you over the edge to get this shit done. I can see that. At any rate, car looks good!

If I can't stay in Japan as a contractor I'm trying to avoid CA like the plague. I have some 'old logo' parts too. Maybe I can get a house in another state by next year if I sell a few things...lol.

Just make sure you enough old logo cupholders in your old logo cupholder account when it comes time to get pre-approved. I actually have an old logo account at Goldman-Sachs with a rate of 2%.

You probably already know, but depending on what you do it wouldn't be that hard to find something that pays decent out there.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 07:55 PM   #576
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
At what point can we actually start asking 10k+ for good condition, restored and lightly modified 240s? People always harp on folks selling cars for 7k+, but just curious on other people's opinions on this one.
Old 02-05-2019, 08:40 PM   #577
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Just make sure you enough old logo cupholders in your old logo cupholder account when it comes time to get pre-approved. I actually have an old logo account at Goldman-Sachs with a rate of 2%.

You probably already know, but depending on what you do it wouldn't be that hard to find something that pays decent out there.
LOL the Goldman-Sachs thing hahahaahah!

I do IT shit so jobs shouldn't be too hard to find...if I get the proper certifications. Nothing is certain until it's happening, though. Even then, how long is it certain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
At what point can we actually start asking 10k+ for good condition, restored and lightly modified 240s? People always harp on folks selling cars for 7k+, but just curious on other people's opinions on this one.
...right now. I mean if I end up having to sell the grey fastback in CA I'm not asking anything less than $7k. If I had to sell I might even ask more after looking over my records.

-1994 SE w/sunroof
-91,XXXmiles
-2nd Owner
-Paid $4500
-5MT Swap BARELY USED w/all OEM shit and new clutch
-New Pads/Rotors all around
-New Speakers/Head Unit w/Bluetooth
-Working AC/heat

Car is coming bone-fucking-stock and I will HAPPILY be ridiculed for my price point knowing that whoever buys it will take care of it, or I'll be forced to hold on to it.
Old 02-05-2019, 09:11 PM   #578
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Jo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

600$ for two. Looks like the price went down already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jo_Galezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 07:06 PM   #579
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Oh yeah. Price is so low. He's a pillar of the community.

This is the most recent bid on YAJ. It's for a pair of cupholders. The faded one isn't pictured. Yes, it could be a different bid. Odds are it isn't. Even if it is, here's the YAJ price.

Old 02-06-2019, 07:10 PM   #580
dizzariot
Post Whore!

PSA

Be sure to read the description here:

More rare than the old logo, but half the price. Do you guys STILL not see how the pricing is totally arbitrary depending on what he has that week. Wake the fuck up.

I feel another defensive response coming on.
Old 02-06-2019, 07:10 PM   #581
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Junkie

Jo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant future
I mean, im not exalting him. But the previous cupholder was 600$ for one.

He’s charging 600$ for two which is 300$ each. If the yaj price was 200$ before shipping. I personally would say that 300$ for one isn’t to far off. Yes the pricing can still be lowered but that is a step in the right direction.

Old 02-06-2019, 07:14 PM   #582
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
PSA

I feel another defensive response coming on.

Not at all lol, your points make a lot of sense. Albeit the way you get to those points may be a little harsh but yes i do agree with you. After doing a ton of research one night i saw some things that definitely opened my eyes & now we just have to go to the source of whoever initially sells these parts. Weather it be yaj or some random website from thailand. Good deals can be found and we just need to look instead of being lazy & succumbing to the convenience.

Old 02-06-2019, 07:14 PM   #583
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Jo, are you like 17 and using your parents money to drive up shoe prices & trying to do the same to car parts? You suck.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 07:16 PM   #584
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
Jo, are you like 17 and using your parents money to drive up shoe prices & trying to do the same to car parts? You suck.

? I dont want car parts pricing to inflate. I am on the same team as you guys.

Old 02-06-2019, 07:16 PM   #585
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
You people are nuts.

The fact that you would even bother to search YAJ for a fucking cup holder let alone squabble about being $200, $300 or $600 as fair and reasonable is insane.

For not even $200, you can have a legit OEM Gelandenwagen cup holder and it's leather wrapped...
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 07:18 PM   #586
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo_Galezo View Post
? I dont want car parts pricing to inflate. I am on the same team as you guys.

Then why are you defending these idiots?
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 07:22 PM   #587
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
Then why are you defending these idiots?

I wasnt? Sorry if it came across as if i was.

Old 02-06-2019, 07:47 PM   #588
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo_Galezo View Post
I mean, im not exalting him. But the previous cupholder was 600$ for one.

He’s charging 600$ for two which is 300$ each. If the yaj price was 200$ before shipping. I personally would say that 300$ for one isn’t to far off. Yes the pricing can still be lowered but that is a step in the right direction.
It's $200 for 2 on YAJ. Meaning they were $100/piece. Reading comprehension.

Funny because this still looks like you're defending it.

Quote:
You people are nuts.

The fact that you would even bother to search YAJ for a fucking cup holder let alone squabble about being $200, $300 or $600 as fair and reasonable is insane.
Oh don't get it twisted, homie. I'm not the one looking for these parts. A close friend shares a disdain for Amsterdam-based cucks and we both enjoy looking up his prices that are, apparently, trending in 'the right direction.'

I'd never pay more the $10 for a cupholder.
Old 02-06-2019, 07:48 PM   #589
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Junkie

Got me there, nvm then haha i thought it was 200$ for one. I should’ve read properly [emoji854]

Old 02-07-2019, 08:02 AM   #590
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
yo, wake up sheeple.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:28 PM   #591
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
are people actually BUYING this crap? i mean seriously... who in their right mind is gonna pay $600 for a stupid cup holder! it does NOTHING for your car!!!!

Old 02-07-2019, 12:39 PM   #592
TheBlackHand
Leaky Injector

TheBlackHand is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
are people actually BUYING this crap? i mean seriously... who in their right mind is gonna pay $600 for a stupid cup holder! it does NOTHING for your car!!!!
Good point. Do we even have proof anyone has actually paid $600 for one of these cup holders? If no one has actually purchased one for $600 then his absurd price means nothing. He'll be forced to lower the price until he sees what the market actually commands for it...assuming no one was dumb enough to pay $600 for it.
TheBlackHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:42 PM   #593
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Imagine thinking that any of this stuff is gonna get attention when you pull into your next meet with maybe 13 cars half of which are mismatch painted daily driver s chassis that barely run.

/eyeroll.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 03:52 PM   #594
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
Imagine thinking that any of this stuff is gonna get attention when you pull into your next meet with maybe 13 cars half of which are mismatch painted daily driver s chassis that barely run.

/eyeroll.
But bruh, check out my legit nismo floor mats.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 06:25 PM   #595
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackHand View Post
Good point. Do we even have proof anyone has actually paid $600 for one of these cup holders? If no one has actually purchased one for $600 then his absurd price means nothing. He'll be forced to lower the price until he sees what the market actually commands for it...assuming no one was dumb enough to pay $600 for it.
Actually, this makes perfect sense. Enough people talk shit, they pull the ad, throw it in storage, and mark it as SOLD.

It's a cunty move within a cunty move. Cuntception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post

/eyeroll.
It's like you're in their minds. Old logo Nismo is wayyyyy more important than tires, brakes, fluids, and various mounts/bushings.
Old 02-07-2019, 06:37 PM   #596
borkfly

borkfly is on the path to ruinborkfly is on the path to ruinborkfly is on the path to ruin
Quote:
Oh yeah. Price is so low. He's a pillar of the community.

This is the most recent bid on YAJ. It's for a pair of cupholders. The faded one isn't pictured. Yes, it could be a different bid. Odds are it isn't. Even if it is, here's the YAJ price.
Does anyone take this guy seriously? Constant bullshit spewing. Typical SJW far left millennial omitting important details to twist the truth.

Was ONE cup holder that sold in 9 minutes because the seller did not know what he had and listed a low buy out price of 20,000 yen.
borkfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 06:38 PM   #597
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Junkie

Oh so i wasn’t dumb. I thought it was one!

Old 02-07-2019, 06:38 PM   #598
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:

oh shit
man this page got good!
Old 02-07-2019, 06:47 PM   #599
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by borkfly View Post
Does anyone take this guy seriously? Constant bullshit spewing. Typical SJW far left millennial omitting important details to twist the truth.

Was ONE cup holder that sold in 9 minutes because the seller did not know what he had and listed a low buy out price of 20,000 yen.

what dumb fuck pays $200 for a cup holder?! this kind of shit is just depressing. when did AIDS become contractible via the internet?

Old 02-07-2019, 06:54 PM   #600
borkfly

borkfly is on the path to ruinborkfly is on the path to ruinborkfly is on the path to ruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post

what dumb fuck pays $200 for a cup holder?! this kind of shit is just depressing. when did AIDS become contractible via the internet?
Somebody with way too much money to burn or one of these Instagram self proclaimed entrepreneurs capitalizing on a "lit" opportunity .

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
borkfly is offline   Reply With Quote