Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-15-2019, 12:52 PM   #22951
Colorful.Knightz

Trader Rating: (0)
Colorful.Knightz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
just bought a 240sx s13 and changing all the fluids. For power steering should is use ATF or just regular power steering?
Colorful.Knightz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2019, 02:09 PM   #22952
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorful.Knightz View Post
just bought a 240sx s13 and changing all the fluids. For power steering should is use ATF or just regular power steering?
https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?...power+steering
cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 04:56 PM   #22953
Cirez D

Cirez D is an unknown quantity at this point
Battery recommendation for a 240sx ka24de?

I was going to get Optima, but hearing real bad reviews about their current stuff.
Cirez D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 05:01 PM   #22954
mint40

mint40 is an unknown quantity at this point
I bought a optima redtop for my ka two years ago and havent had a problem with it.
mint40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 09:19 PM   #22955
gio240sx

gio240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
HID Headlight help

just bought a 97 240sx and headlights are crap, i want to upgrade to some HID headlights but not sure of a good brand to go with, anyone have some recommendations?
gio240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 07:47 AM   #22956
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gio240sx View Post
just bought a 97 240sx and headlights are crap, i want to upgrade to some HID headlights but not sure of a good brand to go with, anyone have some recommendations?
did you try aiming/aligning the headlights first?

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 09:04 AM   #22957
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirez D View Post

I was going to get Optima, but hearing real bad reviews about their current stuff.
if this is strictly a daily, just get an interstate from Costco

if this is a track car where weight is priority, get a Corner3 battery

http://www.corner3motorsports.com/corner-3-garage/

send john an email. Theyre developing a new lithium ion battery that's like 3lbs.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 10:09 AM   #22958
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirez D View Post

I've had my redtop for 4 yrs. Two of them it's been sitting on a shelf while I build my new chassis. I just charge it off my Xterra once a month or so to keep it topped off, and it's been good.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10+ using Tapatalk
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 02:33 PM   #22959
Cirez D

Cirez D is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by mint40 View Post
I bought a optima redtop for my ka two years ago and havent had a problem with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
if this is strictly a daily, just get an interstate from Costco

if this is a track car where weight is priority, get a Corner3 battery

http://www.corner3motorsports.com/corner-3-garage/

send john an email. Theyre developing a new lithium ion battery that's like 3lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.nismo. View Post
I've had my redtop for 4 yrs. Two of them it's been sitting on a shelf while I build my new chassis. I just charge it off my Xterra once a month or so to keep it topped off, and it's been good.

Cool, thanks for your input guys!
Cirez D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 05:25 PM   #22960
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorful.Knightz View Post
Synthetic ATF. PS fluid of today's cars vary by manufacturer, and will each through inner tie rod seals. MOTUL or REDLINE have never done me wrong.

Old 12-16-2019, 05:32 PM   #22961
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Synthetic ATF. PS fluid of today's cars vary by manufacturer, and will each through inner tie rod seals. MOTUL or REDLINE have never done me wrong.

Inner tie rod seals? What is this seal u speak of?
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 06:29 PM   #22962
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
Inner tie rod seals? What is this seal u speak of?
It's the seals that are at each end (also called end seals coincidentally) of your rack and pinion internals.

Old 12-16-2019, 07:23 PM   #22963
gio240sx

Fuel Pump Leak

Hey so i’ve been smelling gas for the past few days and decided to check my fuel pump today, when i checked it out and disconnected the two connectors; gas immediately came out of them. i then proceeded to plug everything back in and give the car a little throttle, which led to a little bit of gas leaking out of the side of this plastic piece, anyone know exactly what this plastic piece is called? i’m gonna replace it and see if that fixes it, thanks!

https://ibb.co/YLS46Wg
Old 12-16-2019, 09:20 PM   #22964
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Hey so i’ve been smelling gas for the past few days and decided to check my fuel pump today, when i checked it out and disconnected the two connectors; gas immediately came out of them. i then proceeded to plug everything back in and give the car a little throttle, which led to a little bit of gas leaking out of the side of this plastic piece, anyone know exactly what this plastic piece is called? i’m gonna replace it and see if that fixes it, thanks!

Fuel pump sending unit. It only leaks when the car is running?

Old 12-17-2019, 11:37 AM   #22965
frsh2fourty

frsh2fourty has a spectacular aura aboutfrsh2fourty has a spectacular aura aboutfrsh2fourty has a spectacular aura aboutfrsh2fourty has a spectacular aura aboutfrsh2fourty has a spectacular aura aboutfrsh2fourty has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to frsh2fourty
Whats the best way to install/seal the metal water neck outlet that goes in the block just behind the thermostat housing on an SR?

Its a press fit piece the machine shop had to remove when cleaning up the block for the rebuild. I have some loctite 660 retaining compound I used on the valve cover breather tee I was thinking of using but wanted to see if there was something better.

frsh2fourty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 03:51 PM   #22966
aymaeid
Zilvia Junkie

aymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-knownaymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-knownaymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-knownaymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-knownaymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-known
Whats the valve stem size on 5Zigen FN01R-C wheels?
A tire installer said he didn't carry a size that small and i had to buy them. Google got me no where. any help would be greatly appreciated
aymaeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 03:52 PM   #22967
aymaeid
Zilvia Junkie

aymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-knownaymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-knownaymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-knownaymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-knownaymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-known
Whats the valve stem size on 5Zigen FN01R-C wheels?
A tire installer said he didn't carry a size that small and i had to buy them. Google got me no where. any help would be greatly appreciated

edit: nvm its .453. has to be

Last edited by aymaeid; 12-17-2019 at 04:23 PM..
aymaeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 05:30 PM   #22968
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
...anyone know exactly what this plastic piece is called?
Quote:
Fuel pump sending unit. It only leaks when the car is running?
The Bulk head? :shrug:

https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=573370

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 05:35 PM   #22969
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post
The Bulk head? :shrug:

https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=573370

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Bulkhead/sending unit, whatever you want to call it. But if it just leaks when running/a little after, the lines themselves could be leaking. Otherwise it's up to the plastic of the sending unit or seal for it.

Old 12-18-2019, 08:36 AM   #22970
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Quote:
It's the seals that are at each end (also called end seals coincidentally) of your rack and pinion internals.

When explaining something proper names and terminology go a Long way
Old 12-18-2019, 09:28 AM   #22971
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
When explaining something proper names and terminology go a Long way
You'd be surprised how many different names manufacturers give for the same part.

Old 12-18-2019, 12:19 PM   #22972
S14rebuild
BANNED

Been an ase master tech since 2005, never one have i heard the name inner tierod seal.(doesnt seal the inner tierod) just sayn. Thats for teachn me something new?
Old 12-18-2019, 01:29 PM   #22973
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Been an ase master tech since 2005, never one have i heard the name inner tierod seal.(doesnt seal the inner tierod) just sayn. Thats for teachn me something new?
Also an ASE master tech along w/ my L1 if were trying to flex certs lol. I understand literally what you mean, but it's a name for that seal I heard a lot working with old timers, so it stuck. Just like diagrams I've seen that call a FWD axle seal a "transmission output shaft seal" even though the axle has the shaft and it's not a stub with an axle. Doesn't make literal sense, but it's been named that.

Old 12-19-2019, 10:05 AM   #22974
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
Also an ASE master tech along w/ my L1 if were trying to flex certs lol. I understand literally what you mean, but it's a name for that seal I heard a lot working with old timers, so it stuck. Just like diagrams I've seen that call a FWD axle seal a "transmission output shaft seal" even though the axle has the shaft and it's not a stub with an axle. Doesn't make literal sense, but it's been named that.

No flexing here..just statements

Ur example of transmission output shaft seal does not make sense, so idk where ur going with that one. Many cars have axles that dont have stubs there splined on to the "outputvshaft".. and that seal does in fact seal the output shaft/axle nose

No where on any rack and pinion is there a seal that "seals" the inner tierod. Theres no fluid pressent on the inner tierod. In fact the deaign keeps the tierod away from the seal so it cant nick or damage it.

We really dont have togo back and forth on this. I was simple correcting/educating you on proper components. Thats all. Nonharm no foul
Old 12-19-2019, 10:22 AM   #22975
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Quote:

We really dont have togo back and forth on this.
You seem to want to though? Like before, I understand what you are literally saying. You don't have to keep explaining the parts of a rack. The point I was trying to make is there are times that the names of parts don't make literal sense, but is still understood.

Old 12-19-2019, 02:25 PM   #22976
S13pandaLS

S13pandaLS is an unknown quantity at this point
Ka24de won’t start in 240sx

So I just installed a running s13 ka24de from another 240, into my s13. My problem is that I’ve hooked up the engine wiring harness and the accessory engine harness to most of there respected places including grounds, except for stuff like lights.

And yet my 240 won’t even begin to turnover when I turn the key but the car does get power. I know the starter is good. Could there be a sensor that I’m just not seeing that is preventing the car from starting?
S13pandaLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 03:21 PM   #22977
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13pandaLS View Post
So I just installed a running s13 ka24de from another 240, into my s13. My problem is that I’ve hooked up the engine wiring harness and the accessory engine harness to most of there respected places including grounds, except for stuff like lights.

And yet my 240 won’t even begin to turnover when I turn the key but the car does get power. I know the starter is good. Could there be a sensor that I’m just not seeing that is preventing the car from starting?
this is way too vague.

1. was the car dual cam before? or are you swapping from sohc to dohc?
2. what else changed? was it auto before and now its manual? if all you did was replace a dohc with another dohc, obv you missed a plug, or forgot to check something, etc.
3. when you turn the key to the on position, do you get power at the ecu? does the eccs relay engage? when you turn the key to crank, does the starter engage? does the fuel pump prime and provide pressure? do you have spark?

theres a ton of things you need to check first before looking for answers. otherwise we're just guessing.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 05:21 PM   #22978
S14rebuild
BANNED

Sounds like u didnt hook up the starter solenoid wire(black femal connector with black/yellow wire)
Old 12-21-2019, 01:30 PM   #22979
gio240sx

Window Regulator Won’t go all the way down

As the title says my window regulator won’t go all the way down, i took the door panel off to get access to it and once i attempted to roll the window down it stopped about halfway. Any idea on how to get the regulator to go all the way down?
Old 12-21-2019, 02:38 PM   #22980
S14rebuild
BANNED

See whats jamming it. These cars have a vert basic and simple setup for the windows, remove it and inspect it