Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-04-2020, 03:52 PM   #1
JaidenJurado

Trader Rating: (0)
JaidenJurado is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Smile 240sx swap to 2JZGTE part list

Hey everyone, just picked up a 1995 240sx, and I’m going to be swapping it with a 2JZGTE with a 350z transmission. I’ve looked at a lot of threads done a lot of research. But if anyone has done this same build can you please send me a list of what I need part for part? I’m at a 10k budget under the hood, it’s going to be my daily, but I want something that’ll not be stock. I can pay for a full list of parts if you have the information! I have a full list of what I think I need, but I’m not 100% on it.
JaidenJurado is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2020, 04:56 PM   #2
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
You’re a lazy fuck, welcome to Zilvia. Hope your stay is what I expect to see in the next few comments.
Old 02-04-2020, 05:12 PM   #3
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
why don't you post the list you have? just sounds like you didn't actually do any research and want to be spoon fed - a thing this forum is notoriously opposed to
Old 02-04-2020, 05:59 PM   #4
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
You’re a lazy fuck, welcome to Zilvia. Hope your stay is what I expect to see in the next few comments.
Lmfao! Glad im not the only one still slapn noobs
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 07:01 PM   #5
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
I'll never understand those that browse forums looking for topics with which to reply "I don't have time fo dis"

by the way, I just took this moment out of my busy schedule to come tell you I don't have the time.

I'll give you some history its what I got. The cookie cutter 2jz-240sx build was perfected in 1998-2001. But the parts on that list have changed over the last 20 years, so having it would be close to useless.

Which chassis, matters

Also just because something is pretty and effective, doesn't make it done right. That picture shows no post-filter pcv crankcase vent and it would have made all the difference on a car like that.

Last edited by Kingtal0n; 02-05-2020 at 05:27 PM..
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 07:52 PM   #6
JaidenJurado

Quote:
You’re so cool man, thank you for the help
Old 02-04-2020, 08:12 PM   #7
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaidenJurado View Post
You’re so cool man, thank you for the help
Sooner or later someone has to smack that ass since none of you fucking millennials had that growing up.

I put the cool in coolwhip, thank you for recognizing.
Old 02-05-2020, 05:16 AM   #8
JaidenJurado

Quote:
Sooner or later someone has to smack that ass since none of you fucking millennials had that growing up.

I put the cool in coolwhip, thank you for recognizing.
I don’t see what the big deal is with you lmao, I have a list going, I know what I want to do with the car. I’m looking for someone doing a similar swap as me to compare parts. And if I have to pay for that service I will. At least I’m not asking for shit free. And my friend, you did a ls swap, one of the easiest cheapest swaps.
Old 02-05-2020, 05:25 AM   #9
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
$1500 ill tell you EXACTLY what you need n parts necessary todo the swap complete n proper

Pm me, ill give u my paypal info. Once payments received ill pass on, ALL the vast knowledge i have and ull be good togo
Old 02-05-2020, 05:31 AM   #10
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
$1500 ill tell you EXACTLY what you need n parts necessary todo the swap complete n proper

Pm me, ill give u my paypal info. Once payments received ill pass on, ALL the vast knowledge i have and ull be good togo
Why the drift tax bro?
OP pay me $1350, I'll give you the list and some supreme stickers
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 06:03 AM   #11
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
Why the drift tax bro?
OP pay me $1350, I'll give you the list and some supreme stickers

Dam.. now theres competition..... alright, how about $1300 and ill legally allow u to substitute the word "bruh" for "bro"....
Old 02-05-2020, 08:02 AM   #12
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
The definition of a "swap" can have a different meaning to everyone.
Could you put a stock twin vvti jz in an s-chassis, with stock ecu, do your own wiring and a 350z trans setup with a cheaper single disk clutch etc. for under $10000, I think so. To do it "right" and really freshen it up, do a single turbo conversion, stand alone, upgraded fuel system, etc. I think you're closer to 18-20k. I only know that because I'm currently in the thick of it... It's definitely more expensive than it once was.
Old 02-05-2020, 09:00 AM   #13
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
I don’t see what the big deal is with you lmao, I have a list going, I know what I want to do with the car. I’m looking for someone doing a similar swap as me to compare parts. And if I have to pay for that service I will. At least I’m not asking for shit free. And my friend, you did a ls swap, one of the easiest cheapest swaps.
Lol please elaborate you little bitch...I got all my receipts. I wanna know how it’s the easiest and cheapest swap. Since you’re a fucking swap genius...coming on to ask what you need to work YOUR car.

Fucking clown man
Old 02-05-2020, 09:02 AM   #14
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
And my friend.
And that’s Zaddy to you, your mamma been saying it all night.
Old 02-05-2020, 09:11 AM   #15
JaidenJurado

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
The definition of a "swap" can have a different meaning to everyone.
Could you put a stock twin vvti jz in an s-chassis, with stock ecu, do your own wiring and a 350z trans setup with a cheaper single disk clutch etc. for under $10000, I think so. To do it "right" and really freshen it up, do a single turbo conversion, stand alone, upgraded fuel system, etc. I think you're closer to 18-20k. I only know that because I'm currently in the thick of it... It's definitely more expensive than it once was.
I already have my 2jz, it’s sitting on a pallet. I have a 63mm turbo I’m hoping to slap on it.
I see that cx racing is offering multiple swap kits, for a stock twin turbo. Or pay an extra 500 ish to get the single turbo upgrade. My cousin has already done a 2jz swap into a 91 240sx chassis but with a R154 tranny, but the thing is the guy used basically all eBay parts. What transmission setup are you running?
Also thanks for actually being help, unlike these other guys lol.
Old 02-05-2020, 09:20 AM   #16
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
I already have my 2jz, it’s sitting on a pallet. I have a 63mm turbo I’m hoping to slap on it.
I see that cx racing is offering multiple swap kits, for a stock twin turbo. Or pay an extra 500 ish to get the single turbo upgrade. My cousin has already done a 2jz swap into a 91 240sx chassis but with a R154 tranny, but the thing is the guy used basically all eBay parts. What transmission setup are you running?
Also thanks for actually being help, unlike these other guys lol.
Cx-racing.....seems legit
Old 02-05-2020, 09:51 AM   #17
240msh
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
How is a ls swap one of the cheapest swaps? lol..

Also, why would you copy someone else's parts list, its 2020 and theres so many swap parts.. pick what fits your application and buy it. There's tons of threads with full detailed parts lists too. If you wanna pay me ill get the links lmao
Old 02-05-2020, 10:47 AM   #18
JaidenJurado

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240msh View Post
How is a ls swap one of the cheapest swaps? lol..

Also, why would you copy someone else's parts list, its 2020 and theres so many swap parts.. pick what fits your application and buy it. There's tons of threads with full detailed parts lists too. If you wanna pay me ill get the links lmao
Dude, i clearly put compare parts. I don’t want to copy a build. That’s why I put compare. If I wanted to copy a build I could copy a famous build put the money into easily. But I want my own build I want to be able to say I built this 100%. I’ve been looking through a lot of threads. A lot, and I’ve found a lot of good information, all I’m looking for is someone doing a 2jzgte with a cd009 transmission time compare a parts list.
Old 02-05-2020, 02:35 PM   #19
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
post your fuckin list so we can critique it then you bloody planker
Old 02-05-2020, 05:37 PM   #20
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
And my friend, you did a ls swap, one of the easiest cheapest swaps.
Well wait just a minute. The 2jz-gte is the easy swap between the two. For an LS to have any real power just like the 2jz it needs a turbo. And finding room for one of those on the 2j is far easier and simpler than on an LS, making the 2jz a superior choice in many ways.

With the LS you get more displacement and basically free engines, in a pinch that cost four to eight times less than a 2jz.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 04:21 AM   #21
shaggyjake
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
shaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
all I’m looking for is someone doing a 2jzgte with a cd009 transmission time compare a parts list.

probably shouldve just gone to a FB page to ask that question.

also, if you think an LS is the easiest and cheapest swap, then i'm led to believe that you haven't accomplished a single swap in your life. your 10k is going to go quick, or your swap is gonna look like butt.

i mean, fucks sake, you could have at least started with what parts you have already. multiple people have asked you post your parts list.

let's see it.

https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=384161

226 pages of discussion on 2JZ swaps in schassis platforms.
shaggyjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 05:03 AM   #22
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyjake View Post

https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=384161

226 pages of discussion on 2JZ swaps in schassis platforms.
And this is why 99% of the trashing exisits in this thread....again a very simple search would of answed all his questions.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:27 AM   #23
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyjake View Post
your 10k is going to go quick, or your swap is gonna look like butt.
Exactly. The photo I just added to my build is about 15k just in those parts, again with all receipts.

OP is a fucking clown