Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-10-2012, 08:34 PM   #121
HIGHFIVEBETA
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
HIGHFIVEBETA is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Mine are now blown. Had them for over a year. The shop i take my S14 too also reported blown setups for most that he has come through. I will attempt to follow up with a replacement or rebuild (whatever they offer)and see how their customer service goes. I'll keep this updated soon.
HIGHFIVEBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2012, 07:44 AM   #122
Enjuku Racing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (29)
Enjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Enjuku Racing
Hitup where ever you bought them from and i am sure they can get something taken care of.

thanks
Ken
[email protected]

Enjuku Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:09 PM   #123
Te37
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Te37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
So then what’s the difference between the ebay suspension parts and the ISIS ones? I’m not dissing either product because I haven’t used them personally, but I see no visual difference. Now compare those two to a SPL arm. If money was not a question (I know I know don't bring up the fact that all 240 owners are cheap) would you rather have an SPL arm holding your wheel strait at 80 mph or an ISIS arm holding your wheel strait? You also need to think about long term use, if you have to go through two sets of isis arms because the bushings are going out and they keep rusting, wouldn’t you rather do it right the first time? Plus i dont see any locking alen bolts like spl's arms.

I think for tracking them the isis/ebay is fine. But if you daily your car you get a sense of confidence (at least I do) when you have beefy spl arms under your car.

It is always going to be a personal preference on what is better than the other. How are you going to write a review on something that all it does is screw in and out to align your wheel, especialy when you have only used it for a month or two?
Old 07-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #124
Enjuku Racing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Enjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to behold
I agree with almost everything you are saying. The market demands the lower priced items. ISIS carries a warranty on their products and stands behind them, which is a HUGE difference between them and some other inexpensive ones sold. If money is no option.. hell yea, i will sell you SPL, Stance, or any brand you want. That's why we sell everything. With that said the ISIS arms, Circuit Sports, Megan, etc are the better selling arms than the higher end brands. That is just the market.

In 12 years of selling performance parts i have seen issues with just about EVERY BRAND out there. Weather it be suspension, exhaust parts, aero, High end and low end.

We use them on Pro FD cars to show they can handle the abuse and still a reasonable price. Its all about the money people have and are willing to spend on their cars.

To each his own, really

Ken
[email protected]

Old 07-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #125
HIGHFIVEBETA
Zilvia Junkie

HIGHFIVEBETA is an unknown quantity at this point
I was charged for "replacement cartridges" for my HR coilovers. $90 a side and was not elegible for no-cost replacement after the 1 year waranty since I bought them in late 2010 apparently(lost invoice. I forgot) Whether it's a good price or not it's at the user's discretion. I would rather use the money to buy a new set of BCs or Fortune Auto and I don't think they would blow in a year - 1.5 year time. Oh yeah and i bought them from Enjuku. Sorry I could not provide a good accurate review on warranty coverage. My road for ISIS coilovers ends here. My manifold and turbo elbow seem to be holding up fine though....

I did not like how the associate @ Enjuku tried to blame my swaying on the freeway on my tie rod ends though. Which is not even a symptom of shitty TR ends.. I went ahead and let him know that I replaced my whole rack and tie rod ends 2 months ago, which I did, so his claim was irrelevant. I swear dealing with warranty coverage nowadays is just as bad as dealing with insurance companies.. FML
HIGHFIVEBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:51 PM   #126
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Interested to see if anybody has tried out the ISIS HR PRO Coilovers yet?

Looks to be pretty good bang for the buck, I mean the craftsmanship seems to have improved x10.

Anybody try them yet? Reviews?
Old 02-13-2013, 08:55 AM   #127
Enjuku Racing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTER-M View Post
Interested to see if anybody has tried out the ISIS HR PRO Coilovers yet?

Looks to be pretty good bang for the buck, I mean the craftsmanship seems to have improved x10.

Anybody try them yet? Reviews?
I have seen a few review videos on youtube and i think there is one posted on ISIS Performance Products - Specializing in high quality products for the sport compact aftermarket - Welcome

Yea, they seem to have stepped up the quality a ton on these.

We got some in and they sold like CRAZY! Faster than any other product i have ever seen.
[email protected]

Old 02-13-2013, 10:07 AM   #128
MrSanchez925
Zilvia Junkie

MrSanchez925 is an unknown quantity at this point
What is the warranty for the isis 5lug hub conversion??
MrSanchez925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:10 AM   #129
Enjuku Racing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSanchez925 View Post
What is the warranty for the isis 5lug hub conversion??
They have a 1 year warranty. As long as you dont smash the car into a wall they will take care of you.
[email protected]

Old 02-13-2013, 10:43 AM   #130
greenwood
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
greenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
after reading this thread, I will be going spl arms
greenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:53 AM   #131
Enjuku Racing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenwood View Post
Hit us up!! We sell a ton of SPL Arms!!

thanks
ken
[email protected]

Old 02-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #132
slydin240sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
slydin240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenwood View Post
Love my SPL arms. Well worth every penny.
slydin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:05 AM   #133
Enjuku Racing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by slydin240sx View Post
Love my SPL arms. Well worth every penny.
SPLs is great stuff if you have the cash or can save up

SPL Parts Products - Enjuku Racing Parts, LLC
[email protected]

Old 02-13-2013, 02:06 PM   #134
gist864
Zilvia Member

gist864 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to gist864
My question what is the difference between the circuit an ISIS arms
gist864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:07 PM   #135
Enjuku Racing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by gist864 View Post
My question what is the difference between the circuit an ISIS arms
They are both pretty similar from my experience. I think the ISIS might have slightly thicker rods. other than that its a color and price preference.
[email protected]

Old 02-13-2013, 02:41 PM   #136
gist864
Zilvia Member

gist864 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to gist864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjuku Racing View Post
They are both pretty similar from my experience. I think the ISIS might have slightly thicker rods. other than that its a color and price preference.
Indeed thanks for being honest. You could have easily said the circuit was better due to the price. i will be ordering some parts as soon as the all mighty tax check comes lol.

Last edited by gist864; 02-13-2013 at 02:41 PM.. Reason: grammar
gist864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:18 AM   #137
elnino335

elnino335 is an unknown quantity at this point
I just installed the isis arm pack about three weeks ago on my 91 240 and i live massachusetts and i can say that the car is sqeaking pretty loud on almost every bump now .... Later today ima get under and take a look at them
Old 11-20-2013, 10:34 AM   #138
ss008
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
ss008 is making his/her stupidity well-knownss008 is making his/her stupidity well-knownss008 is making his/her stupidity well-knownss008 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Whats up everyone! just got my Isis arms set in yesterday along with some other stuff from Enjuku. Sam's been really cool through the process so far. Just want to share some things.

These are the welds on the the RUCAs. I sent these pics to a dope welder and these were his comments.

"Looks like too much heat first off. If you look closely right next to the weld Bead there is undercut. It's a welding term. Means sign of too much heat. And some porosity in the weld must not of been 100percent clean when welded."

I'm waiting on a reply from Enjuku. Will update soon.

ss008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:33 AM   #139
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
Yeah I think you need to give them a few weeks to settle In. Mine were squeaking pretty bad, after afew weeks not so much.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:58 AM   #140
ss008
Leaky Injector

ss008 is making his/her stupidity well-knownss008 is making his/her stupidity well-knownss008 is making his/her stupidity well-knownss008 is making his/her stupidity well-known
^...I doubt that 3 weeks of settling in will fix bad welds. Waiting to see if Enjuku will swap them for another set of Isis RUCAs or maybe some CS RUCAs
Old 11-20-2013, 12:05 PM   #141
ss008
Leaky Injector

sorry hellion, thought you were talking about my post. haha
Old 11-20-2013, 12:16 PM   #142
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
Haha.oNo problem
Old 11-20-2013, 12:35 PM   #143
Enjuku Racing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss008 View Post
^...I doubt that 3 weeks of settling in will fix bad welds. Waiting to see if Enjuku will swap them for another set of Isis RUCAs or maybe some CS RUCAs
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellion240sx View Post
Yeah I think you need to give them a few weeks to settle In. Mine were squeaking pretty bad, after afew weeks not so much.

Please contact me at the shop and I will send out a replacement set.

- Sam 352-241-8399
[email protected]

Old 11-20-2013, 01:27 PM   #144
ss008
Leaky Injector

Sam's the man! Sending a new set. Customer service is the reason I deal with Enjuku!
Old 11-21-2013, 08:46 PM   #145
elnino335

elnino335 is an unknown quantity at this point
Mine squeak every now and then just gotta spray some pb blaster on them
Old 11-22-2013, 08:10 AM   #146
Prok0
Zilvia Junkie

Prok0 will become famous soon enoughProk0 will become famous soon enoughProk0 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Prok0
The ISIS and other low cost arms do not have the self lubricating rod ends featured in some of the higher end arms like SPL which is why they will begin to make some noise if they are not cleaned and lubricated regularly.

That is most likely how they keep cost down and are able to sell the arms at the price point they do, as a nice Aurora rod ends in that sizing can be 50$+ just for the end.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:38 AM   #147
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
That's why it's so great to get bv or spl arms which use SAE rod ends. Good 5/8" rod end from FK, QA-1, Aurora, etc., are half the price and readily available.

The metric auroras are $50+/ea, you're right.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 01:00 PM   #148
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjuku Racing View Post
Please contact me at the shop and I will send out a replacement set.

- Sam 352-241-8399
I have to figure out which one is squeaking first.
Old 01-02-2015, 06:53 PM   #149
Salvarath
Leaky Injector

Salvarath is an unknown quantity at this point
Can someone get in here and give a review of the new isis PRO suspension arms?
Salvarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 07:18 PM   #150
Gar9854
Zilvia Member

Gar9854 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvarath View Post
Can someone get in here and give a review of the new isis PRO suspension arms?
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=567104
Gar9854 is offline   Reply With Quote