Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-22-2014, 09:13 PM   #211
wookieballa
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
wookieballa is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Before i jump in, Kudos to you guys for working so hard on this thread!
Now, What the heck are you guys constantly referring to when you say "PBR"??

I am about to jump into this, I have been reading all the threads I can find. This is what I currently have to work with;
Kouki S14 240sx, KA BUT about to knock out my SR Swap with a Zenki SR/power FC

I'm using a JDM S14 DCC, sub harness, and all sensors (pulled by ME in Japan LOL.. I hope all this crap works....)

This is what I THINK I understand about this conversion:
I SHOULD be able to run the Ambient temp sensor out to the front, wire that into my JDM sub harness (I had to cut those two wires short to get it out of the dash harness)
Next, I should run all my JDM sensors to their respective locations, then unplug the USDM wiring to all components, and in turn plug in the JDM sub harness.
Here is where I'm concerned
I have several wires that were cut to remove the sub harness from the JDM Dash harness, here are the wires that were cut:
Starting at the DCC head unit:
OR/G (should go to my Battery)
R/L (should be +illumination)
B (Should be -illumination)
and a second B (should be GND)

Next up, I have a plug that goes to the fan control amp, and two other plugs
between the DCC unit and the plugs for these components, I have some wiring I had to cut to remove it from the Dash harness:
Y (either Water temp or Intake 3 according to the color charts, Not sure which)
L/OR (3 of these?) according to the walk through, these should be all "ign" does that seem right to anyone who has been successful?
toward the end of that sub harness is a big fat Black (gnd I assume)
and a Red (+hot/+cold?)

I just noticed that I cut a Big fat Blue/White wire I think I cut this from the harness just to clear it from the dash harness, I have a spot where it looks like it was supposed to be plumbed right into the harness, the cut matches perfect.

My biggest question is this:
Since I have the JDM harness, do I need to reverse the wiring that controls the moving parts since I am using the JDM harness in the USDM car? seems it would all be wired to move the opposite direction.
Also, has anyone successfully gotten this to work with their AC? I don't want to lose my awesome fully functional AC. I know this thread is old, But I wanted to see if anyone would chime in on this stuff and give me some additional info.

I saw a LOT of talk about problems with Heat, but it seems like no one has really said anything about their AC still functioning.
Any help you can provide is really appreciated.
wookieballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2014, 10:03 PM   #212
Sforteen
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Sforteen is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have AC working with mine, as long as its wired properly you shouldnt have an issue
Sforteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:18 AM   #213
wookieballa
Leaky Injector

Awesome! thanks.
Not sure when I will tackle this, I'm still reading up on which wires to swap for the mode doors.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:31 PM   #214
Almosttt
Leaky Injector

Almosttt is an unknown quantity at this point
That's pretty awesome! Wish the color matched though.
Almosttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:20 PM   #215
wookieballa
Leaky Injector

you mean how its a bit more of a dull/dark grey than black? I was thinking this exact same thing. i may try spraying it semi gloss black to see if i can match the dash color a little better
Old 03-26-2014, 05:45 PM   #216
wookieballa
Leaky Injector

What are you guys referring to when you say "PBR"??

this has me puzzled LOL
Old 04-20-2014, 01:53 PM   #217
wookieballa
Leaky Injector

well alright! i guess this is a dead subject now
Old 08-15-2015, 04:52 AM   #218
Drftr915
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (22)
Drftr915 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Been reading like a mad man, went over all my wiring like ten times and I still can't get the DCC to power on at all. I'm pulling 5+ at wire 33, I have constant 12+ from my stereo, I'm hooked up to ignition through the blue blower motor wire for wire 16. I didn't have a Y/B wire coming out of my loom that went to the original AC plugs so I got my AC signal from pin 41 at the ECU. Like I said I'm not getting any power and I need my car in an up and running full status soon. Can someone help check my work and tell me how to decipher if my unit is bad?
Drftr915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 07:09 AM   #219
stance
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
stance is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Unhappy

Been running my DCC for years now. When I first bought my unit I tested it on the Cars battery using the 12v wire and a ground alone. Units display was okay so I went with the install. You may have a bad unit
stance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 11:51 PM   #220
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Wow just saw this. I honestly can't remember what PBR stands for. In any case, if anyone reading this has any questions you can PM me. I doubt any of us who have done this swap frequent this page much anymore.
Old 09-12-2016, 07:32 AM   #221
firejackal
Leaky Injector

firejackal will become famous soon enoughfirejackal will become famous soon enoughfirejackal will become famous soon enoughfirejackal will become famous soon enoughfirejackal will become famous soon enough
I've been wiring my DCC up and came across issues as well. Currently my biggest issue is i cant get the blower to turn on through the DCC manually, I'll need to take apart the control amp to see how its doing physically, i dont have any of the sensors yet, wouldnt think those would affect the control amp.
firejackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 04:13 PM   #222
firejackal
Leaky Injector

firejackal will become famous soon enoughfirejackal will become famous soon enoughfirejackal will become famous soon enoughfirejackal will become famous soon enoughfirejackal will become famous soon enough
Okay just now got my fan control amplifier and blower motor working, my issue with that was the fsm wiring was incorrect to the fca wiring.

But it could be because the fan control amp i bought was a used one from a "96 altima", looking online it's circuit board matched the infinity g50 (the one with a non replaceable mosfet.)
According to the fsm when looking at the unit it was fca2, fca1 on the top rows, thrn fca3 on the bottom right... After tracing the circuit board i have found it was fca3,fca1 at the top, and fca2 on the bottom right, i moved the wires in that order and it works on all fan settings.

But now my issue is the motors "click click" on all modes (stuck to B/L mode (foot and top.) I'm guessing either the motor is reversed on the jdm specs or the gears are stuck.

Also as a note since it wasn't mentioned before (gotta keep this thread alive yo) pbr +5v does not need a +5v source, the DCC supplies the 5v to the air mix door motor. While with the usdm version 12v is supplied from the ignition. I don't know if going from 12v to 5v is going to cause any implications, maybe it will just be slower?

I know the OP mentioned in his article that he couldn't get the intake door motor working on the existing harness, but it would seem to me that you would tie the 20% fresh setting with the normal 100% fresh setting, but i dont know how that circuit works, even through the FSM says it's an input, in guessing by turning it on should move the motor that much.
firejackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 06:23 AM   #223
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookieballa View Post
What are you guys referring to when you say "PBR"??

this has me puzzled LOL
I am only bumping this thread because I am re-writing the how-to since my dash is out again. I figured it would only be fair, mind you mid way through re-writing the how-to, zilvia magically revived itself.

A lot of the things I am discovering now that I have the FSM's side to side make a lot of sense now.

I'll share the post when we get there.

But I do not have what the acronym for pbr stands for, but it defines a resistor.

you can find this in HA-106, and HA-132 in the JDM/UKDM FSM HA document I've linked below. I've ocr'd both documents so you can search for words.

The entire trouble diagnoses guide is in there as well, the full jdm/ukdm manual has climate control wiring for LHD and RHD, Auto and Manual. I have segmented only the DCC section of JDM/UKDM HA.

USDM FSM HA : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IbF...ew?usp=sharing

JDM/UKDM FSM HA : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hdC...ew?usp=sharing

JDM/UKDM Full Manual : https://drive.google.com/file/d/11Vf...ew?usp=sharing
Old 03-29-2022, 08:11 AM   #224
OaxKouki
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
OaxKouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Wow, thank you for this. This has been a project I have been wanting to do for years and I have most of the parts, just have to make the time now.
OaxKouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 08:35 PM   #225
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
There will be some finishing touches added to complete the guide. But you're damn near armed with everything you possibly need to get this working.

Good luck everyone.

-going to re-post- in a bit, I took it down since I noticed some of my cars wiring was off.

Last edited by Om1kron; 04-02-2022 at 06:48 PM..
Om1kron is offline   Reply With Quote