Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-15-2008, 11:32 PM   #451
nismo racer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
nismo racer is making a name for him/her selfnismo racer is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
sad to say after two months of driving mine make noise too! ]: but its only on the front right side. stance is going to recieve a call from me soon.

PEGASUS
nismo racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2008, 05:43 PM   #452
mtx450
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
mtx450 has a spectacular aura aboutmtx450 has a spectacular aura aboutmtx450 has a spectacular aura aboutmtx450 has a spectacular aura aboutmtx450 has a spectacular aura aboutmtx450 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilia View Post
Spherical bearings transmit noise. When you get rid of your 3" thick OEM rubber shock mount and replace it with SOLID STEEL, you'll get a bit more noise.

That says nothing of the quality of the coilover, or the quality of the company.

When you don't put anti seize on the adjuster threads, they'll seize up. Again, nothing new. The parts need regular servicing.

Don't hurt a company's reputation because you don't know how to work on cars.
We are not talking about the adjusting thread at all. We are talking about the knobs that adjusting the damping of the shock. It's not about hurting a companies reputation. It's also not about lack of working on a car. You're gonna tell me it's our fault if we put in these coilovers, then drive around the block...turn...and the car keeps fucking turning? I guess everyone here put them in wrong, haha.

All I'm saying is that, I bought Stance coilovers and raved about them when I first bought them. I put the damn sticker on my car and really enjoyed them. After a year of having them, I had the stupid pillowball problem, then the adjusting knob break off. Again, I'm not trying to "hurt" a companies reputation. Shit happens, and I'll get over it.
mtx450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 06:06 PM   #453
BillFourty

Trader Rating: (0)
BillFourty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
damn i just found this thread i had the same problem forever crazy memory steer and that binding noise. i actually only snugged the top bolt instead of having it super tight and that took care of the binding noise but i had to go down and tighten the perches all the time because they were constantly comming loose. now i have my collars adjusted as low as possible and i dont really have any problems. i might even take one out to get a little lower.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:17 PM   #454
BillFourty

BillFourty is an unknown quantity at this point
just called stance, guy was really nice and informative new plates on the way and i dont have to pay anything i got no complaints.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:43 PM   #455
mtx450
Zilvia Junkie

mtx450 has a spectacular aura aboutmtx450 has a spectacular aura aboutmtx450 has a spectacular aura aboutmtx450 has a spectacular aura aboutmtx450 has a spectacular aura aboutmtx450 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillFourty View Post
just called stance, guy was really nice and informative new plates on the way and i dont have to pay anything i got no complaints.
You just have to hope that the new plates fix your issue. Some people were still having problems with the replacements.
Old 05-23-2008, 04:21 PM   #456
D1GP
Zilvia Junkie

D1GP is a jewel in the roughD1GP is a jewel in the roughD1GP is a jewel in the roughD1GP is a jewel in the roughD1GP is a jewel in the roughD1GP is a jewel in the roughD1GP is a jewel in the roughD1GP is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtx450 View Post
You just have to hope that the new plates fix your issue. Some people were still having problems with the replacements.
and some even on their 3rd replacements...
D1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 05:16 PM   #457
mtx450
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1GP View Post
and some even on their 3rd replacements...
Old 05-27-2008, 04:42 PM   #458
lonelydrifter
Zilvia Member

lonelydrifter is making a name for him/her selflonelydrifter is making a name for him/her self
Wow. Thought the shounds were wierd after just installing these things. Seems like everything is getting taken care of though so i'll just give Stance a call tomorrow.

Let you guys know how it goes.

Thank you for starting this thread!!!
lonelydrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 04:57 PM   #459
96SilviaDrftr

96SilviaDrftr has a spectacular aura about96SilviaDrftr has a spectacular aura about96SilviaDrftr has a spectacular aura about96SilviaDrftr has a spectacular aura about96SilviaDrftr has a spectacular aura about96SilviaDrftr has a spectacular aura about
I had that issue... contacted Stance and they sent me the new pillowball mounts... issue fixed...
96SilviaDrftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 07:18 PM   #460
turtl631
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
turtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Sheesh, I bought my GR+ in spring of 06 and never had any issues other than a missing spacer in the rears. They sent me that and they've worked fine ever since, no popping noises, weird memory steer, broken adjusters, or anything similar. Granted, they have pretty low miles on them since I bike everywhere, but it seems these problems are cropping up pretty quickly for people, so I imagine if mine had issues it would be evident by now. I'm actually selling them soon, lol. Shameless plug!
turtl631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 08:31 PM   #461
Spring Break '92
Zilvia Member

Spring Break '92 can only hope to improve
I know its been a while since this thread has been posted in, but I was searching for a thread about this type of problem. I am not running coilovers, but I am running Tein camber plates with a spring and shock combo, Koni's and RS*R race springs. I installed them today.

The problem I had initially was that I could not install the front assemblies with the metal spacer between the spring top hats and the camber plates, it was too tall and would not allow the strut brackets to line up with the knuckles. It was almost an inch of difference. I thought about it for a minute, and realized that if I removed those spacers, it was the same height as the old setup I took off of the car.

With that done, I was able to install them. Went for a test drive after doing the rears. Immediately I noticed that when going over any kind of bumps a some what loud knocking noise from the fronts. But, I also am not running the spacer between the top hats and camber plates. There are no noises when turning, everything is normal there.

Last edited by Spring Break '92; 08-24-2008 at 01:18 AM..
Spring Break '92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:18 AM   #462
Spring Break '92
Zilvia Member

Spring Break '92 can only hope to improve
In between the camber plates and top perches I added in a metal washer and a rubber washer to take up some space and eliminate any metal on metal contact. Before I put these in, I was moving the camber plates up and down while the springs were compressed, I could see that there was some play there without an kind of spacer. After with the washers, I did the same thing and there was no play. I could even see where the camber plates had marks from contact with the upper perches. With these in place the assemblies still seemed to not allow the knuckles and strut bolt holes to line up, but I disconnected the front sway bar end links so I could push the knuckles down to get the bolts in. I got them reinstalled and drove it. The knocking noise was still there, but happened less than before.
Spring Break '92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:33 PM   #463
dt-p88
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
dt-p88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
i jus installed my gr+'s yesterday and my front pass side makes that noise which sucks ill be giving stance a call hopefully they'll still send pillowball mounts fo replace the bad one for free
dt-p88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:41 PM   #464
japs13

japs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
i bought Powered by max coilover and having exactly same problems...
noise, steering pull, coilover not rotating by the pillowball.... help
japs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:44 PM   #465
Shaminii
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Shaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Shaminii
Set your spring preload to zero or call PBM for new pillowball mounts.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:04 AM   #466
theslows13
Zilvia Member

theslows13 will become famous soon enoughtheslows13 will become famous soon enoughtheslows13 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by japs13 View Post
i bought Powered by max coilover and having exactly same problems...
noise, steering pull, coilover not rotating by the pillowball.... help
same here.... PBM's bind at the top... i gotta get ahold of em
theslows13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:45 PM   #467
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
so anyone know what the warranty is on stance? i've had em for 2 years now and my front right is making the popping noise and is not rotating at the camber plate. going to give them a ring.
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 06:09 AM   #468
Style
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
Style is on the path to ruinStyle is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
mine has been doing the same thing, and ive had them a lil over a year now... shits anoying
Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 01:04 PM   #469
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Style View Post
mine has been doing the same thing, and ive had them a lil over a year now... shits anoying

didy ou call yet? i've been too lazy to call.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:39 PM   #470
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Style View Post
i called stance and Scott asked me when did i buy em. told em over a year (more like 2 years give or take a month) and he said i most likely have that problem that people were having a while back.

anyway, he asked me for my address and said they will ship out tomorrow.

talk about service, these guys are going to spoil me with good service lol. Super satisfied with stance.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:54 PM   #471
gprb25
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (20)
gprb25 is a glorious beacon of lightgprb25 is a glorious beacon of lightgprb25 is a glorious beacon of lightgprb25 is a glorious beacon of lightgprb25 is a glorious beacon of lightgprb25 is a glorious beacon of lightgprb25 is a glorious beacon of lightgprb25 is a glorious beacon of lightgprb25 is a glorious beacon of lightgprb25 is a glorious beacon of lightgprb25 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDacIouSX View Post
i called stance and Scott asked me when did i buy em. told em over a year (more like 2 years give or take a month) and he said i most likely have that problem that people were having a while back.

talk about service, these guys are going to spoil me with good service lol. Super satisfied with stance.

Same here. I've had two sets of rears sent to me. The last set was an updated version and work awesome!

I contacted them via E-mail and they sent them out, no questions asked.

Stance has great customer service and the product seems to be coming around also.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:21 PM   #472
sylsevilsis
Leaky Injector

sylsevilsis is making a name for him/her selfsylsevilsis is making a name for him/her self
has anyone ordered a new set lately without having these problems?
I'm going to order a set next month, and would hate to call the company and have to wait again to get a fix that they should have fixed before they were shipped to dealers.
sylsevilsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:51 AM   #473
Style
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
Style is on the path to ruinStyle is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDacIouSX View Post

so what all is he sending you? new front camber plates?? or rears too??
Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:34 PM   #474
rc1honda
Zilvia Junkie

rc1honda is an unknown quantity at this point
I found a great deal on a set of the Stance AL's, and i really hope i don;t have the same problems. From what i read it seems it's the GR+ thats having all the issues. Ill havent installed them yet but when i do i let you guys know if they have the same problems.
rc1honda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 01:53 PM   #475
LongGrain
Post Whore!

LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
tha AL+ are new so i wouldnt worry about it.
LongGrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:36 PM   #476
jeb1517
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
jeb1517 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
My suspension was making that same noise and had really bad memory steer to the right. I took it in to touge factory and they checked it out. At first they said its the pillowballs and would install new ones so i said ok. Then after like half an hour they said when they jacked the car up they saw the install had been done a little incorrectly so the fixed em and said to try the suspenstion again and come back if i had any problems. They said you should have zero preload. also, they tightened the top nut with an impact gun.

I'm still getting crazy memory steer to the right but the noise is gone. You guys think I should go back and get the new pillow balls installed? The suspension is over a year old.
jeb1517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 04:38 PM   #477
bmar240sx
Zilvia Member

bmar240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow im shocked, i didn't even know of this problem. I thought i fucked em up since there are bad roads in NY and what not. I called stance they are sending me new ones they will be here on Friday which makes me very happy. I will pick em up and install them on saturday. Should be sweet not hearing that noise. It only happens when i drive the car really hard which is a distraction =/
bmar240sx is offline   Reply With Quote