Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Administration > Forum Suggestions & Technical Support

Forum Suggestions & Technical Support Post any suggestions or questions related to this site.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2007, 02:53 PM   #1
jrmiller84
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
jrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jrmiller84
Thumbs up Search Zilvia from the Firefox Search Bar - IE7 Now Supported!

I've always wanted to be able to search Zilvia from the Firefox search toolbar but there has never been a way to add it. So today I did a little research and was able to get it working. I thought this might be a nice little addition to suggest for Zilvia

In Firefox, if you visit http://www.jamesoft.net/AddZilviaSearch_Firefox.html (this is my home webserver, so don't worry, not spyware ridden) you will notice that the button next to the search text box on the toolbar changes color slightly. Click that down arrow and it will say "Add Zilvia.net."

Once you click that, all you have to do is select Zilvia.net(it selects it for you by default) from the drop down box, type your search criteria into the box and hit enter. Takes you right to Zilvia with your results!

You can make that icon change colors like that while they are browsing Zilvia on every page so that hopefully people will notice it, add it, and stop padding the forums with redundant questions

You can make this search addon smarter by adding a few details as well.

If you'd like the files/markup on how to do this (Admins), just shoot me a PM. I'd be more than happy to help.

UPDATE - IE7 Now Supported!

Use the following address to install the search provider in IE7:

http://www.jamesoft.net/AddZilviaSearch_IE7.html

Use the same basic directions above to install the Zilvia Search Provider in IE7.