Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-02-2018, 02:22 PM   #1
phuonglong003

Trader Rating: (0)
phuonglong003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Zilvia I need your help

Hi Zilvia,
Some of you might have heard back in Sept that a blue 96 Nissan 240SX with the RB25DET was stolen in Illinois. The time has come for me to try to negotiate a payout for it with my insurance, and I need your help to locate all the for sale listings, even better if it's a SOLD listing, for all 240SX, ESPECIALLY bone stock ones, the more expensive the better.

If you're willing to help, it'd be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
phuonglong003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2018, 02:43 PM   #2
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
http://zilvia.net/f/forumdisplay.php?f=20

There is so many to choose from man...are you just wanting 240 FS threads or ones specifically with RB swaps?
Old 11-02-2018, 02:54 PM   #3
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Forums usually won’t help change an appraisers mind. He needs sold eBay listings and Craigslist. Dealership postings help too.
Old 11-02-2018, 03:31 PM   #4
phuonglong003

Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
http://zilvia.net/f/forumdisplay.php?f=20

There is so many to choose from man...are you just wanting 240 FS threads or ones specifically with RB swaps?
Anything, but stock ones are preferred
Old 11-02-2018, 09:19 PM   #5
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
I'm sorry your car got stolen but you can't be bothered to do some research for For Sale ads? It's not hard to hop on Craigslist and type in '240SX'.
Old 11-05-2018, 02:32 PM   #6
phuonglong003

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
I'm sorry your car got stolen but you can't be bothered to do some research for For Sale ads? It's not hard to hop on Craigslist and type in '240SX'.
I've already used Craigslist, I have a list of over 20 cars combined from CL and zilvia and some ebay listing. However they are not all the same and I am looking for bone stock ones, especially well maintained, clean, and not a single speck of rust, to reflect the condition of my car and to prove the market value of my vehicle even without modifications to my insurers.

And they are all not from the same year neither. Mine is a 96, to strengthen my argument, it'd be better if I could find 1996 240sx' that reflect the condition of my car before it was stolen.

I am more specifically looking for ads that were posted privately such as facebook, forum marketplaces like zilvia, etc.
Old 11-05-2018, 05:03 PM   #7
jdm_land
Leaky Injector

jdm_land is an unknown quantity at this point
Man you are talking hundreds of 240s. With all different prices.
jdm_land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 05:14 PM   #8
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
I didn’t know insurance would use anything other than KBB. That’s nuts if they do, but there is some $6K+ stock s14’s posted here. Best bet is those...
Old 11-05-2018, 09:31 PM   #9
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by phuonglong003 View Post
I've already used Craigslist, I have a list of over 20 cars combined from CL and zilvia and some ebay listing. However they are not all the same and I am looking for bone stock ones, especially well maintained, clean, and not a single speck of rust, to reflect the condition of my car and to prove the market value of my vehicle even without modifications to my insurers.

And they are all not from the same year neither. Mine is a 96, to strengthen my argument, it'd be better if I could find 1996 240sx' that reflect the condition of my car before it was stolen.

I am more specifically looking for ads that were posted privately such as facebook, forum marketplaces like zilvia, etc.
...nothing in here 'strengthens' your argument when there's no clear reason why you can't just do it yourself, dude.

AutoTrader will have the best prices for 'OEM' cars and you can search there (and just about everywhere else) by model year. When I say 'best' I mean dealerships that may have gotten cars as a trade-in and have them priced higher.

You should take every car that's the same year as yours and find the average price. This is middle school-level math.
Old 11-06-2018, 04:49 AM   #10
jdm_land
Leaky Injector

Quote:
When I say 'best' I mean dealerships that may have gotten cars as a trade-in and have them priced higher.
This is correct. Iv found 2 auto s14 Zenkies in the past year that were at dealers in mint condition bone stock. Both cars were in the $8k range.

Did a quick CL search and couldn’t find them.
Old 11-06-2018, 04:54 AM   #11
jdm_land
Leaky Injector

This is exactly why when My car is finally running I’ll be upgrading my insurance policy for custome car. I live in Tampa, lots of thieves. Iv learned through the streets that a majority of thieves actually come up to Tampa from the Miami area for a night or 2, Steal everything they can and go back south.
Old 11-06-2018, 06:52 PM   #12
phuonglong003

Quote:
...nothing in here 'strengthens' your argument when there's no clear reason why you can't just do it yourself, dude.

AutoTrader will have the best prices for 'OEM' cars and you can search there (and just about everywhere else) by model year. When I say 'best' I mean dealerships that may have gotten cars as a trade-in and have them priced higher.

You should take every car that's the same year as yours and find the average price. This is middle school-level math.
The more samples I can find, the stronger my claim that my car is worth more than the price of a rust bucket 240 that is rear ended.

There is a reason why, I am going to college full time and working almost full time hours and sometimes get an easy week when I have fewer stuff that needs done, that's why I'm asking for help, if you can't help, fine, no one is blaming you. I'm asking for people who are voluntarily to help, not forcing it, dude.

I don't have time to go through 50 pages of zilvia. Or searching Craiglist or ebay every day so I can catch that one deal before it's gone. That's why I'm enlisting help, if you came across one and then this thread, then yes it'd be nice if you drop a comment and link to it because this gets sent to my email, if not, then again, fine. And yes that was literally the plan man..
Old 11-06-2018, 08:56 PM   #13
AutechKouki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (43)
AutechKouki has a spectacular aura aboutAutechKouki has a spectacular aura aboutAutechKouki has a spectacular aura aboutAutechKouki has a spectacular aura aboutAutechKouki has a spectacular aura aboutAutechKouki has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sf...723046192.html

From my experience most insurance companies base payouts on cars local to your area. But here’s one in CA if it helps your case.
AutechKouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 09:56 PM   #14
Ilya
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Ilya is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Post a autotrader ad using you cars picture, and include all the mods, and set your desired price. Ads are what, 30$ a month if sold?

Do this 3-5 times, so now you have 3-5 cars that insurance cannot reject. The math works out to be $150$ to make a 1-2k profit. Works every time.
Ilya is offline   Reply With Quote