Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-10-2013, 08:47 PM   #1
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Aero/Fender fitment thread

I'm looking to buy aero really soon, and can't seem to find any reviews besides ones from 2007/8/9. It'd be nice if there was a single thread about fitment out of the box. Please post your experiences with different aero and fender fitment. Obviously include what brand and when you bought it.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2013, 08:53 PM   #2
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
From what I've seen, most US made kits are garbage. Too wavy, fitment is hit or miss. Out of the box, minimal amount of work, Version Selects are better. I just picked up a set of Origin Aggressive and fitment was almost perfect. Minor trimming, heat gun to stretch the skirt some since its cold as crap when I installed it. Beauty is, didnt have to block it to smooth it out, panels came in smooth.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:18 PM   #3
Dustxking
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
Dustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I agree with flip, my sexy style aero from shine fit damn near perfect. Along with my origin wide body. Fit perfect!
Dustxking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:50 PM   #4
LateNights...
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
LateNights... is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Genuine BN Sports fits amazing. Each piece of the kit fit like oem parts, and the quality, (which I think is just as important) was top notch. The front bumper did require some block work to smooth out some rough sanding marks. The kit held up to daily driving/scraping at super low height for years.

Recently purchased the VIS replica 180sx type X front bumper. I'm not confident in the quality, but the fitment surprised me. Just some moderate dremel work where it meets with the fender, and it bolted up nice, fits like original parts.
LateNights... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:50 PM   #5
randyjordan
Zilvia Addict

randyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of light
Vertex fitment should be on point

My origin agressive on my hatch required very minimal work

Fatboy fits like shit
randyjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #6
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Anyone have experience with Extreme Dimensions? Specifically their fenders?

Old 03-12-2013, 12:08 PM   #7
guntop116
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
guntop116 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I'm interested in this as well. Read on a couple of other forums that the Duraflex is not nearly as flexible as advertised.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
guntop116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:43 PM   #8
JonathanPrem
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
JonathanPrem is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Not there fenders but had there bumper and skirts

Front bumper was ver 1 and it was shit. Fitment was totally off and quality was really bad.

Skirts were ver 2 and the quality was pretty good and fitment was alright but it did need work to fit.

For fenders i went with chargespeed and the quality is awesome and the fitment was spot on. Took a lot of abuse and still in 1 piece.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:01 PM   #9
OutlawLui
Zilvia FREAK!

OutlawLui is a well-known jackass
I might pick up a Extreme Dimensions s13 kit duraflex soon

I live near, so i would get a zilvia member discount plus no shipping required...

Sounds like a good deal, but i'm still worried about being disappointed with fitment ...

Frsport is also close to me, so i might pick up a Origin kit...

Either way, I'll post a review on what i go with.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:07 PM   #10
SlideOrDie831
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
SlideOrDie831 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
vertex and bn are on point when comes to fitment.

damx,origin,version select,and chaser pretty much need a little trimming.
SlideOrDie831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #11
TeamFRAT
Zilvia Junkie

TeamFRAT is an unknown quantity at this point
B- magic aero fenders fit really nice to my surprise. They were installed on my friends Zenki.

TeamFRAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:32 PM   #12
shanelach
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
shanelach is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Shine kits fit great. No trimming on the GP kit necessary at all.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:54 PM   #13
iamtheyi
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
iamtheyi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
VIS and Extreme Dimensions so far have garbage fitment. I'm speaking on their sideskirts, rear bumper, and front bumpers. Never tried their fenders.

My previous origin Aggressive kit needed a little heat gun work to mold side skirts and stuff but other than that, fit great.

iamtheyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:13 PM   #14
slickdrifter
Zilvia Junkie

slickdrifter is an unknown quantity at this point
authentic uras is very high quality, this flexible fiberglass. and with outlines for drill holes and fitment is perfect
slickdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:35 PM   #15
mrslowevoix
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
mrslowevoix is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I have the vis front fenders they fit nice. Not much work. Got duraflex kit, and I have 2 different front bumpers that both fit good with no work and hold up nice. The rear fit awesome. The skirts fit good. It just needed a little work (hour or so)..... Cars to low to spend a lot of cash on a kit.
mrslowevoix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #16
gallo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
gallo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
my experience
Extreme dimensions kit fit horrible and hard to make fit, i decided to take a loss and sell it for gas money. shine auto fits great but in my opinion could be a little stronger its a bit thin and flimsy but fitment is amazing . Vis supermade skirts and front bumper i got fit good and seem strong but flexible enough to fit. . im definitely gonna try origin or that jordan innovations
- i had a type x replica i bought from crimson rocket and that fit very decent also.
. 9k wings fit awesome too

Last edited by gallo; 04-05-2013 at 09:14 PM..
gallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:56 PM   #17
slovia
Leaky Injector

slovia is an unknown quantity at this point
Subscribed
slovia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:51 PM   #18
randyjordan
Zilvia Addict

randyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of light
I was wondering if anyone else has tried origin overfenders

A buddy of mines bought 50mm for rears and they fit like 25-30ish
randyjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:39 PM   #19
Punished
Leaky Injector

Punished is an unknown quantity at this point
I have extreme dimensions duraflex uras type 2 and rear over fenders.

Over fenders fit quite well
Front bumper needed some trimming where it wraps around the fender for mounting. The gap between the fender and hood on the front is larger than stock, but I dont feel like fixing that part.
Side skirts fit fine once I hit them with a heat gun
Rear bumper needed trimming where it wraps around the fender for mounting

Overall, to mount the whole kit, no more than 20 minutes of adjustments to fit it all.
Punished is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:24 AM   #20
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
This thread makes me happy because it exists, should be very helpful.

So, Last year i decided to change my front end after a crash that destroyed my bumper and dented my hood.

I bought Extreme Dimensions fenders from Andy's auto sport (didnt even know the reputation of that site at the time). They pretty much ordered from Extreme dimensions Conversion fenders (part number is 101 643 iirc). Bought them around July or August, mainly because Origin had a wait time of a few months and I didn't want to leave it in the shop forever. I'll let the pics do the talking

This is mounted up by a shop who has dealt with fiberglass before. I personally trust these guys and I doubt any incorrect installation.

I am at fault for not contacting extreme dimensions until this year, I just read their policy on the paper and saw that they dont accept returns for installed parts. When I contacted them later though, they were somewhat helpful so there is that. I will edit this post once I finally find time to add more fiberglass to these fenders.

So later, one of the guys from the shop that installed those fenders told me he was buying origin stuff and asked if I wanted origin fenders; we could order together and save on shipping. I was worried about the fitment but he assured me quality.

This is just thrown on, not mounted in any way. The fitment is spot on, it requires some trimming around the door but I actually would rather have excess than be short. It looks off, But I couldn't hold it at the right angle and take a picture correctly. I would definitely recommend Origin

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyjordan View Post

The guy who I bought my stuff with has over fenders for his coupe. Next time I see him, I'll check if he has them installed or not and get a picture for ya
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:33 AM   #21
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
^Which is what? You haven't posted a single picture of any brand/part/company. What are you talking about?

Edit- Read his posts, Coragarcia9 is a spammer. What a troll haha
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:04 PM   #22
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

So when I started this thread, I had this kit and fenders on order from Extreme Dimensions. I was told that they would fit with "maybe some minor modifications" out of the box.

Basically this is going to need major trimming and block sanding to even mock up on the car, needless to say, I'm a little disappointed.

I'm currently in talks with them about what they're going to do about this, so we'll see how they come through...

Old 03-15-2013, 04:16 PM   #23
OutlawLui
Zilvia FREAK!

OutlawLui is a well-known jackass
good info on this thread

Last edited by OutlawLui; 08-05-2014 at 04:30 PM..
OutlawLui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:24 PM   #24
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Honestly, I wouldnt hold my breath on it. The whole "professional installation" in their fine print is whats gonna get them out doing anything for you. They'll blow you off since, well thats what extreme dimension has been doing for over 15 yrs.

Only US made kit I've ever considered running are AIT bodykits and I would have only ordered it from Jspec Sam. Reason being, I know how anal Sam can be with stuff he sells. If its not good enough for him, he wouldnt sell it.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:03 PM   #25
Laotian240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
Laotian240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
If i saw this earlier I wouldn't mentioned that extreme demensions fitment sucks, and its neither flexible of durable. fitment is shotty. the edge trimming looks like it was done by a kindergartener. It needs alot of fiberglass work.

But man that overfender is just terrible. I only have 4 years in the composite industry and probably replicate a better piece.
Laotian240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:06 PM   #26
JonathanPrem
Zilvia Addict

JonathanPrem is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyjordan View Post

They sell 30mm and 50mm. They probably sent him 30mm instead of 50mm.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:10 PM   #27
wkpainter

Trader Rating: (0)
wkpainter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Do not. For any reason EVER. Buy ANYTHING from Extreme Dimensions. I bought their "aero couture" line of side skirts. It is advertised as "oem fitment". I have spent hours trying to trim the product to fit. It still does not. The body shop i work for repaired an Acura TL with customer supplied parts. He supplied us with an Extreme Dimensions front bumper. It was a joke!
wkpainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:14 PM   #28
roboticnissan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
roboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
I just bought msport fenders for my car. Will be installing them tomorrow. They look much better quality than i can thought. Also my type u(uras rep) looks well built. Not sure on fitment at this time.

If anyone is interested in extreme dimensions i just setup my whole saleaccnt with em. Pm me links for the parts and ill respond with prices.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:18 PM   #29
roboticnissan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
roboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanelach View Post
Shine kits fit great. No trimming on the GP kit necessary at all.
Whens the last time you bought from shine? My friend was their composite worker, he was good. He quit and now they suck imo. Terrible fitment and really weak strength.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:42 PM   #30
archonftw
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
archonftw is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
anyone have experience with duraflex d1 style front over fenders? I have a pair and I will be installing them soon but when I put them on the car to mock up it looked like it would be fitting like shit. for s13