Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 01-06-2023, 12:11 AM   #1
sylvia2fourty

Trader Rating: (0)
sylvia2fourty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
KA s13 dual cam in s14 not running good

hey i put a s13 dual cam in my s14 along with a 5speed swap but its running horrible almost no torque in low gears takes forever to get to highway speed any idea what the problem could be? it was running today and wouldnt move when i pushed on the gas pedal and now it wont start at all any ideas what the issue could be? any help is appreciated for both issues thank you.
sylvia2fourty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2023, 07:27 AM   #2
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm always glad to help but... there is a LONG diagnostic tree for this kind of drivability issue that it's not practical to walk through on a forum.

Did you keep the complete S14 harness, ECU, and sensors? If so you can still basically treat it as an S14 engine for the purposes of diagnostics, and go through the Engine Controls section of the FSM for your car's year.

https://www.nicoclub.com/nissan-service-manuals

Pay close attention to how all the vacuum lines were connected particularly if any emissions equipment is missing. Also if you're running the S13 intake manifold, make sure to remove the secondary butterflies and close off the holes left by the actuator and rod.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 01:48 PM   #3
sylvia2fourty

Trader Rating: (0)
sylvia2fourty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
from the oil pan to valve cover is all s13 but i used s14 intake ecu and all s14 pumps and pulleys any ideas what it could be? ive replaced knock sensor and checked for vacuum leaks i only have a CEL for my missing crank position sensor but from what ive read on forums it has no effect on drivability

Last edited by sylvia2fourty; 01-06-2023 at 01:52 PM.. Reason: additional comments
sylvia2fourty is offline   Reply With Quote