Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-27-2020, 04:43 PM   #12721
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Man, Corbic in here spittin'...

Totally agree man. It's 2020 but let ppl see a nicely done Z32 and most of the braindead masses literally can't tell the difference between it and a Lambo or Ferrari.
Old 03-29-2020, 05:46 AM   #12722
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
It's 2020 but let ppl see a nicely done Z32 and most of the braindead masses literally can't tell the difference between it and a Lambo or Ferrari.
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 06:02 AM   #12723
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I realize some of you guys would rather see contemporary take on the 300zx vs an S30, but this guy has me convinced the latter would look amazing. It?s more Ferrari or F Type then Lambo, but I?d buy this for $55k with 400hp is a fucking second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-01-2020, 09:38 AM   #12724
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Here’s a time lapse of the design work

https://youtu.be/egO-zaREBGY
Old 04-01-2020, 10:17 AM   #12725
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Front looks very Taycan'esque. Rear looks AMG GT'esque with a duckbill wing. That looks like a $45-50k car worth having.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:45 AM   #12726
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
My only problem with cars designed like that is how do you make them your own?

It seems like wheels and tires would be the only thing you could do to distinguish yourself from others. No aftermarket lip kit options, rear valances, diffusers, Etc..

I'm also not talking about bolt-on widebody/ Rocket Bunny shit, because we all know that will be inevitable anyway...
Old 04-01-2020, 11:42 AM   #12727
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Really? You can’t imagine adding a lip kit or a additional wing or some other flourishes onto that? Huh. Interesting.
Old 04-01-2020, 08:58 PM   #12728
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

I could see a rear wing, but I feel like the front and side just seem already complete. Almost like adding anything to it would look out of place?

Could also be the lack of body lines that's messing me up... lol
Old 04-02-2020, 09:13 PM   #12729
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
That render look sweet, but the hood is loooong AF. No reason to be that long unless they are moving back to the Inline 6's, which they aren't. Since they're doubling down on the V6s and the VR30DDTT will likely be the stump of choice, I still think a Z32 retro homage to rival Lambos is the right play. To this day, ppl still talk about the Z32/Diablo connection from their headlights.
Old 04-03-2020, 03:29 AM   #12730
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
That render IS sweet. I'm hopeful for something cool, but not holding my breath. It's neat that the 86 is finally coming turbo'd. I'm guessing BMW engine this time around, but I dont know how those 4cyl handle power. The engine in the Zupra is pretty damn stout!
Old 04-03-2020, 07:45 AM   #12731
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
That render look sweet, but the hood is loooong AF. No reason to be that long unless they are moving back to the Inline 6's, which they aren't. Since they're doubling down on the V6s and the VR30DDTT will likely be the stump of choice, I still think a Z32 retro homage to rival Lambos is the right play. To this day, ppl still talk about the Z32/Diablo connection from their headlights.
You guys need to get this idea of it looking like a lambo out yo damn heads. The GTR is a legit super car and doesn’t look like a lambo or even a super car for that matter.
Old 04-03-2020, 08:27 AM   #12732
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fries View Post
It's neat that the 86 is finally coming turbo'd. I'm guessing BMW engine this time around, but I dont know how those 4cyl handle power.
The GR86 has been "supposedly" leaked that it's going to have a 2.4L turbo boxer and make 255-260hp.

If similar to the the current Ascent 2.4L... We can probably expect that these cars will make 270hp/ 300tq with just an Accessport 93 tune.
Old 04-03-2020, 09:40 AM   #12733
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanSayWhat View Post
The GR86 has been "supposedly" leaked that it's going to have a 2.4L turbo boxer and make 255-260hp.

If similar to the the current Ascent 2.4L... We can probably expect that these cars will make 270hp/ 300tq with just an Accessport 93 tune.
Ahhh well that would be okay. I?m don?t have the strongest opinion of Subaru?s engines lately, but 270whp (I hope) would be fun. The article I read said they were unsure whether is was the Subaru 2.4 or BMW 2.4 to keep inline with the GR nameplate and the Supra.
Old 04-03-2020, 09:44 AM   #12734
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

We talked about that a coupe pages back. I’m very interested.
Old 04-06-2020, 04:26 PM   #12735
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Same here.

I’d really like a boosted BRZ. It’d be like a new S-chassis.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 04:31 PM   #12736
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
If it's not too heavy (and classed well for autox) I'll prob part my 2013 brz out and buy the new one.

I'm really hoping shocks and diff swap over (and subaru is usually good about not making changes through generations so fingers crossed).
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 05:25 PM   #12737
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Plot twist: To keep costs down the car will come standard with 4 lug hubs and the new 2.4L is a truck motor

What would you guys be willing to pay for one? $40k?
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 06:14 PM   #12738
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
Plot twist: To keep costs down the car will come standard with 4 lug hubs and the new 2.4L is a truck motor

What would you guys be willing to pay for one? $40k?
Boosted 86? Or the New Z?

If 86 - it better start at or under 30k. It's already overpriced and underpowered. If Z - Mid 30s? Upper 30s? Nissan has zero brand trust currently, they have to be competitive.
Old 04-06-2020, 10:51 PM   #12739
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
It'd be like a new S-chassis.
It' hard to believe that the S15 (turbo) was the last coupe of it's kind...

*Edit: Forgot that the FD also stopped being produced in 2002.

Last edited by BryanSayWhat; 04-07-2020 at 12:15 AM..
Old 04-07-2020, 07:42 AM   #12740
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTER-M View Post

If 86 - it better start at or under 30k. It's already overpriced and underpowered. If Z - Mid 30s? Upper 30s? Nissan has zero brand trust currently, they have to be competitive.
woooooosssshhhhh

Quote:
It' hard to believe that the S15 (turbo) was the last coupe of it's kind...

*Edit: Forgot that the FD also stopped being produced in 2002.
The Miata and Genesis would both like a word with you.

Unless you mean last S-chassis. Then yea. At least they went out with a bang.

IMO the S15 is the best looking of all the S-chassis, seconded by the kouki Silvia K with all the jdm aero which is typed with the 180sx with the kouki aero (or type X as most of you know it)
Old 04-07-2020, 09:27 AM   #12741
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Quote:
The Miata and Genesis would both like a word with you.

Unless you mean last S-chassis. Then yea. At least they went out with a bang.

IMO the S15 is the best looking of all the S-chassis, seconded by the kouki Silvia K with all the jdm aero which is typed with the 180sx with the kouki aero (or type X as most of you know it)
I was more indicating to the fact that the s15 (turbo) was the last turbo, FR, 250hp and sub 2999lb coupe ever offered. Then I remembered that the FD is technically a 2-door coupe and fits that criteria, but still has a hatch.

The S2000 would probably be the closest to the power and weight after 2002, but is obviously NA and a convertible.

If the GR86 manages to be sub 2999lbs (which I think it will) it will technically be the closest match to the S15 (turbo), since it was discontinued. Which is crazy to think that it's taken this long.
Old 04-07-2020, 11:12 AM   #12742
spooled240
Post Whore!

spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Quote:

The 86 is already at $27k. I hate to sound like a pessimist because I am stoked that they are actually boosting this thing, but I predict it will be at least $35k..probably closer to $40k w/ basic options.
Old 04-07-2020, 12:45 PM   #12743
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Quote:
The 86 is already at $27k. I hate to sound like a pessimist because I am stoked that they are actually boosting this thing, but I predict it will be at least $35k..probably closer to $40k w/ basic options.
The WRX starts at 27.5K and it's turbo, AWD and has 4-doors... I predict that the base turbo GR86 is going to be just under 30K.

I just don't see it costing as much, or more than a current gen STI (unless it's a special edition that comes with brembo brakes and tuned suspension).
Old 04-08-2020, 09:48 AM   #12744
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
It can't be. That would put it right up against the pony cars.

EcoBoost Manual
$26,670
EcoBoost Automatic
$28,265
EcoBoost Premium Manual
$31,685

GT Manual Coupe
$35,630
GT Automatic Coupe
$37,225

1LS Manual
$25,000

1SS, $37,000.
Old 04-08-2020, 10:35 AM   #12745
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Yeah I’d guess it’ll cost roughly the same. Even though we’re seeing this as a big improvement it’s not moving upmarket at all. And like Future pointed out, it can’t compete directly with the pony cars on the market.
Old 04-08-2020, 11:20 AM   #12746
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Yeah I?d guess it?ll cost roughly the same. Even though we?re seeing this as a big improvement it?s not moving upmarket at all. And like Future pointed out, it can?t compete directly with the pony cars on the market.
I think it being such a niche vehicle nulls the brand's concerns about price, no? Miata price range is the same as the Mustang basically.
Old 04-08-2020, 11:54 AM   #12747
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
I think it being such a niche vehicle nulls the brand's concerns about price, no? Miata price range is the same as the Mustang basically.
The Miata has the name sake, history and sales to justify it's price.

The GT86/FRS/BRZ triplets have the name, but nothing else.

Mazda MX-5 ? US ? By Year
2017 11,294
2018 8,971
2019 7,753

Subaru BRZ ? US ? By Year
2017 4,131
2018 3,834
2019 2,334

Toyota 86 ? US ? By Year
2017 6,846
2018 4,133
2019 3,398
Old 04-08-2020, 03:41 PM   #12748
spooled240
Post Whore!

Assuming that they will still offer a N/A base model, I imagine it starting around the current N/A base of $27k.
Old 04-08-2020, 06:57 PM   #12749
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Quote:
woooooosssshhhhh
I thought he was referring to 2 different things, the sarcastic price savings portion separated by an actual question - I thought this because of the spacing, but I could be incorrect.

Quote:
Quote:
The WRX starts at 27.5K and it's turbo, AWD and has 4-doors... I predict that the base turbo GR86 is going to be just under 30K.

I just don't see it costing as much, or more than a current gen STI (unless it's a special edition that comes with brembo brakes and tuned suspension).
Quote:
It can't be. That would put it right up against the pony cars.

EcoBoost Manual
$26,670
EcoBoost Automatic
$28,265
EcoBoost Premium Manual
$31,685

GT Manual Coupe
$35,630
GT Automatic Coupe
$37,225

1LS Manual
$25,000

1SS, $37,000.
This is my thing. If it was mid 30s, it is competing with cars punching well above it's weight (at least on paper); GT, BMW 2 series, STI, Z, etc. That just doesn't make sense.

And yes, one could argue that it is currently 27k+, and that is a valid argument - but it has been constantly (and rightfully) pinged because it is underpowered and overpriced. You can't increase the price and expect it to keep selling when it... isn't selling anyway. That being said - hashtag Toyota. So who knows. Under 30, turbo and current design and similar weight = an absolute beast that I would have a lot of trouble turning down.
Old 04-08-2020, 09:43 PM   #12750
spooled240
Post Whore!

Quote:
I thought he was referring to 2 different things, the sarcastic price savings portion separated by an actual question - I thought this because of the spacing, but I could be incorrect.
It was an actual question.

Quote:
This is my thing. If it was mid 30s, it is competing with cars punching well above it's weight (at least on paper); GT, BMW 2 series, STI, Z, etc. That just doesn't make sense.

And yes, one could argue that it is currently 27k+, and that is a valid argument - but it has been constantly (and rightfully) pinged because it is underpowered and overpriced. You can't increase the price and expect it to keep selling when it... isn't selling anyway. That being said - hashtag Toyota. So who knows. Under 30, turbo and current design and similar weight = an absolute beast that I would have a lot of trouble turning down.
It just doesn't seem like Toyota(or any Japanese car manufacturer) to offer more performance for the same price. They are going to have to offer the N/A base for $23k which is dirt cheap and a slap in the face for anyone who just bought the car for $27-$30k. I could be wrong and maybe Toyota will pull the rabbit out of the hat this time. I hope I'm wrong.

Ran into this article searching for original MSRP for the s15 spec R:

http://www.superstreetonline.com/fea...a-spec-r-turbo

Quote:
Conversely, the Silvia R-Spec's sticker price is 2.6 million yen or $23,634 fully loaded. If it does come to the states it will probably double in price to about $46,000-still an incredible bargain, with excellent fuel economy to boot.
$46k seems a bit too high, considering the s14 was in mid $20's. It probably would have been around $35k. A 2003 Mustang Cobra was $40k lol

My point is, special/performance Japanese cars are and have always been expensive.