Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-01-2012, 03:32 PM   #1
champwho
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
champwho is making his/her stupidity well-knownchampwho is making his/her stupidity well-knownchampwho is making his/her stupidity well-knownchampwho is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
how much should i boost?

got a sr20 redtop brian crowr valve springs and retainers and the rest of the motor is basically stock and got a tomei arms b7652 740 injectors 3 inch piping blotz fmic how much should i boost on this setup i wana know if i can be aroun d 300hp and if its safe or not
champwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2012, 03:34 PM   #2
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Here what you need.
A good tune from a reliable tuner.
Get a power fc or aem or something similar.
Or at least a rom tune.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 03:36 PM   #3
champwho
Zilvia Member

champwho is making his/her stupidity well-knownchampwho is making his/her stupidity well-knownchampwho is making his/her stupidity well-knownchampwho is making his/her stupidity well-known
i have a power fc sorry forgot to mention that
Old 01-01-2012, 03:54 PM   #4
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
then make an appointment at driftspeed, and get that shit handled.
shouldn't be a problem to hit 300hp with that turbo and injectors.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:50 PM   #5
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
How much you can boost will depend on the tune...

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:04 PM   #6
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
Yeah, someone with a dyno will help you. It will be easier if you have a stand alone. Get a Vipec if you want to do some crazy stuff.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:13 AM   #7
champwho
Zilvia Member

dont want anything crazy just 300hp would be good for me maybe even more cause i wanna daily it still....how much does driftspeed charge?
Old 01-02-2012, 12:43 AM   #8
chineseb0i
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
chineseb0i is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to chineseb0i
what turbo you have? T25 or T28? Usually for both turbos it's recommended you not boost more than 15 psi since the turbo doesn't run efficiently pass that point. 260 rear wheel hp is what you should be able to achieve.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:52 AM   #9
KoukiDrifter240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
KoukiDrifter240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
advice keep low boost and be happy u will get hungry for more but u will eventually break it happens to the best of us lol

farewell kouki!
KoukiDrifter240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:12 AM   #10
colombianbryan
Zilvia Junkie

colombianbryan is an unknown quantity at this point
with that turbo/setup you have there im certain you will hit 300whp easily with a good tune!
Old 01-02-2012, 01:42 AM   #11
champwho
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chineseb0i View Post
what turbo you have? T25 or T28? Usually for both turbos it's recommended you not boost more than 15 psi since the turbo doesn't run efficiently pass that point. 260 rear wheel hp is what you should be able to achieve.
well i though that 15psi for stock turbos... i dont have a stock turbo i have a pretty decent turbo i heard my turbo can run with teh gt28 turbos so not to sure but thats what i heard and naw i dont get throttle happy but to have that much power will be great and im sure i wont step on it cause gas isnt cheap ahah
Old 01-04-2012, 12:31 PM   #12
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
The general rule is you dont go over 18psi on 93 octane pump gas with any sr20 and any turbocharger unless specific modifications have been done to eliminate this general rule.

at 18psi, with 95%VE at 7,000rpm, and an efficient turbocharger/intercooler, most SR20's will see between 370-400RWHP.

In your OEM redtop internal "shoes" I would stick to 15psi or less, probably 12psi max, to assure under 300rwhp so you don't spit a piston ring- assuming the compressor actually flows 32+lbs/min.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:45 PM   #13
RyanKuly180sx

Trader Rating: (0)
RyanKuly180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by champwho View Post
well i though that 15psi for stock turbos... i dont have a stock turbo i have a pretty decent turbo i heard my turbo can run with teh gt28 turbos so not to sure but thats what i heard and naw i dont get throttle happy but to have that much power will be great and im sure i wont step on it cause gas isnt cheap ahah
My Red Top is running at 11lbs and its plenty.(Swapped in a t2871r during the swap) Still enough to get a little sideways around corners in the city...

Specs say up to 15lbs stock, but I haven't tried it..

The black tops are made with Denser Aluminum and shit, so I would only be pushing the boost passed 12psi on one of those. Especially if your mostly stock.
RyanKuly180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:57 PM   #14
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
You ever just wanna punch someone in the face!

Anyway the sleeves are steel!

Sent from my Highly Tuned Vibrant!

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:38 PM   #15
champwho
Zilvia Member

ok so im at 14/ or 15 psi my boost guage doesnt mark it that well.. and i have a powerfc and fc commander bc cams the 264 i believe and a tomei arms b7652 and i dont know how to adjust the boost because the wastegate isnt adjustable
Old 01-21-2012, 07:50 PM   #16
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanKuly180sx View Post

The black tops are made with Denser Aluminum and shit, so I would only be pushing the boost passed 12psi on one of those. Especially if your mostly stock.
What the hell are you talking about? Are you one of those kids that think Engines are rated by boost and not HP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by champwho View Post
ok so im at 14/ or 15 psi my boost guage doesnt mark it that well.. and i have a powerfc and fc commander bc cams the 264 i believe and a tomei arms b7652 and i dont know how to adjust the boost because the wastegate isnt adjustable
Ummm a boost controller.....
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:50 PM   #17
champwho
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileighty_85 View Post
What the hell are you talking about? Are you one of those kids that think Engines are rated by boost and not HP?

Ummm a boost controller.....
wow now i feel dumb i new that all along sometimes i dont think straight ahah